What is a Greater Leap of Faith: God or the Multiverse?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Flyattractor
What do YOU THINK!? At least the You of this Universe that is.

ymajOjVQPm4

The Ellimist
God

Stigma
The multiverse, obviously.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by The Ellimist
God

Why?

Originally posted by Stigma
The multiverse, obviously.

Why?

The Ellimist

Flyattractor
Yet the Multiverse says that there are an infinite about of other universes out there where Every Scenario is being played out so that would mean that out there, there IS a GOD.

What kind of Spin do you play that out with?

The Ellimist
...no, that's not what the multiverse says at all, lol. How much do you actually know about it?

Flyattractor
So in you opinion, something being INFINITE is actually FINITE?

The Ellimist
Just to humor you, the fact that a set is infinite doesn't mean everything is in it. Example: there are an infinite number of integers, but 2.5 isn't an integer.

Flyattractor
Gotchya. It all has to fit into Your Narrow Little View of things.

That is how it all works.

How Sad.

Stigma
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Why?

Why?
Explanatory power and scope as well as Occam's razor.

Flyattractor
I prefer Listerine and quad razors myself.

Rockydonovang
One has supporting scientific evidence(the multiverse), the other has no evidence(god). So i'll go with the former.
Originally posted by Stigma
Explanatory power and scope as well as Occam's razor.
God does not win out in a contest of simplicity, lal.

Anyway, this debunks prager u pretty thoroughly(as well as any "evidence" that's ever been provided for the existince of god:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIwKhX-1gZQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92r0-obve7s

Who knew a fake university was unreliable?

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Rockydonovang
One has supporting scientific evidence(the multiverse), the other has no evidence(god). So i'll go with the former.

God does not win out in a contest of simplicity, lal.

Anyway, this debunks prager u pretty thoroughly(as well as any "evidence" that's ever been provided for the existince of god:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIwKhX-1gZQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92r0-obve7s

Who knew a fake university was unreliable?

You obviously are a product of the Modern College System.

Also it took this guy over 30 min to debunk a 5 min vid.

Nice.

laughing

Rockydonovang
that extra 25 min would account for evidence, which religious people have yet to provide any of.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Rockydonovang
that extra 25 min would account for evidence, which religious people have yet to provide any of.

Here is a Much Shorter vid DEBUNKING Your view of the theory....and it also uses "SCIENCE"

OBecFq2m1eI

MythLord
So far, neither has concrete evidence, but is still a logical/possible conclusion.

I myself enjoy the Multiverse theory more, as it's less limiting, but that's also a leap.

Flyattractor
Magneto is Real out there Somewhere!!!!!!!!

OH wait ....probably not.

MythLord
Fly, look on the brightside: if the Multiverse theory is true, then there may just be a universe out there where you have a functioning brain.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by MythLord
Fly, look on the brightside: if the Multiverse theory is true, then there may just be a universe out there where you have a functioning brain.

There is...Its THIS ONE!!!!!!!!!

eek!

The Ellimist
Originally posted by MythLord

OK I change my answer to multiverse

Flyattractor
Somewhere maybe there is a You that isn't as wishy washy.

dadudemon

The Ellimist
Pretty sure Fly is referring to an Abrahamic-esque God, not some alien entity that some people could decide to classify as a god.

dadudemon
Originally posted by The Ellimist
Pretty sure Fly is referring to an Abrahamic-esque God, not some alien entity that some people could decide to classify as a god.

I'm pretty sure you are thinking they are mutually exclusive from my words when that would not be correct.

How many boxes does this local god have to ticket? Probably this one: "Yes, I'm your creator god."

And the Abrahamics go wild.

The Ellimist
Not if you define God as the first mover.

Rockydonovang
IIRC, Scientists found evidence for the multiverse theory when they found light could be both a particle and a wave. Any who, the fine tuned universe we have being the result of a plethora of attempted and failed universes is far far simpler than the notion of their being an intelligence capable of fine tuning the universe like so.

Furthermore, to call whatever may have put these universes in action as god is pointless. If you can't explain what god is, then it's better of admitting you just don't know.

Alas, people don't like this, so the smart ones go on trying to "prove religion" by masking something with no evidence as the only likely explanation for the universe's creation:

Believer:-> the universe is too finely tuned to be a randomly made!

Rational person:-> The universe's likelihood of turning out the way it did remains the same regardless of what caused it. That this cause was a sentient being capable of tuning the universe in such a manner is a complication making what happened more absurd.

Believer: -> What if this being transcends rational probability?

Rational Person: -> Your whole argument for his existence is based on rational probability

Believer: ...

There's no evidence that suggests the existence of god. And you can't use the unlikeliness of an event as proof of the event being caused by a presence that makes the event even more likely. And this is just for proof he exists, that says nothing regarding his intentions or interest in his creation. You can't make an argument for religion, you can only make claims. To believe in something which can't be backed up by proof is to be irrational.

DarthSkywalker0
Kbro with some hard-hitting factz.

Flyattractor
You call that Scenario "hard hitting Fact"?

Kay.....

Mindship
The multiverse is theoretically amenable to "traditional", ie, empirical science. God, as a "transempirical" entity, is not, therefore requiring more of a LoF.

Bentley
If a god is meant to be absolute proving its existance should be impossible. The proof for the multiverse in comparison is much smaller, but as to which one requires the less faith, the question is impossible to gauge.

Wonder Man
I copied this from my how do you make the Universe larger?
More large that infinity being an infant means that Jesus was right the kingdom of Heaven is like the heart of a child.
Proves both Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. was right but also that abortion is wrong.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.