9 Dead After Van Ploughs Into Crowd In Toronto

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Surtur
Toronto horror as van 'DELIBERATELY' ploughs through crowd - nine dead and 16 injured

This is an awful event. RIP to the victims.

Silent Master
Damn

Kurk
SKREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

*summons DMD of Kekistan*

dadudemon
Originally posted by Surtur
Toronto horror as van 'DELIBERATELY' ploughs through crowd - nine dead and 16 injured

This is an awful event. RIP to the victims.

9 dead, now? Man, it was 1 then 5 now 9.

Guess bad reports were coming in or it took a while for the others to die from their injuries.

Is this car thing going to continue for more years? I guess no matter how much regulation you put into place, you'll never get cars out of people's hands until it is illegal for them to drive cars because they are all level 4 self driving cars?

Surtur
Originally posted by dadudemon
9 dead, now? Man, it was 1 then 5 now 9.

Guess bad reports were coming in or it took a while for the others to die from their injuries.

Is this car thing going to continue for more years? I guess no matter how much regulation you put into place, you'll never get cars out of people's hands until it is illegal for them to drive cars because they are all level 4 self driving cars?

I feel like even when we perfect self driving cars...I'm am sure there will still be ways to manually take over. Even if you have to hack the car to do it.

Kurk
Cyber-crime trumps all.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by Surtur
I feel like even when we perfect self driving cars...I'm am sure there will still be ways to manually take over. Even if you have to hack the car to do it.
There will be but there would be *cough* certain people *cough* at that point in time who would likely want to make driving illegal.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Emperordmb
There will be but there would be *cough* certain people *cough* at that point in time who would likely want to make driving illegal.
If we have level 4 SDCs, yeah, I'm all for making it illegal for people to drive on public infrastructure and only allow human driving on special tracks.

Robtard
Only way self-driving cars will be feasible is if all cars are doing it and being controlled by one source or multiple linked sources where every car is connected remotely(radio, wife, satellite etc) to each other and they all "know" what the other is doing precisely, speed, direction, next course adjustment, braking etc.

Mixing in human drivers with human-error will just net us accidents.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Robtard
Only way self-driving cars will be feasible is if all cars are doing it and being controlled by one source or multiple linked sources where every car is connected remotely(radio, wife, satellite etc) to each other and they all "know" what the other is doing precisely, speed, direction, next course adjustment, braking etc.

What if they could do even better than that and not be required to be "single-source" aware? What if they could be aware enough to not require a central control? That's what level 4 kind of means. Level 5 is weird because level 3 cars can already do many things better than humans.

https://www.techrepublic.com/article/autonomous-driving-levels-0-to-5-understanding-the-differences/

Mixing in human drivers with human-error will just net us accidents.

But we are already doing that. We are already driving in "mixed" scenarios. And will for probably 20 more years.

Surtur
One problem I could see is if a person isn't in control of the car the company is responsible. So if it kills someone they gotta pay.

Robtard
What if they could do even better than that and not be required to be "single-source" aware? What if they could be aware enough to not require a central control? That's what level 4 kind of means. Level 5 is weird because level 3 cars can already do many things better than humans.

https://www.techrepublic.com/article/autonomous-driving-levels-0-to-5-understanding-the-differences/

But we are already doing that. We are already driving in "mixed" scenarios. And will for probably 20 more years.

As long and they're all connected together and being proactive instead of reactive when it comes to braking, speed, turning etc, sure. Like a hive mind, individuals, but linked.

We are, but I don't see it working in massive quantities though. It has to be an all or nothing, imo. Reminds me of highway scene in Minority Report(?), where the car goes auto on certain roads. Which we could feasible do in the future, making certain roads or even separate lanes be all driver-less and every car on those lanes in connected remotely to each other. eg so if I'm behind you, my car already knows long ahead which exit you're taking and at what exact speeds you'll be taking it as our cars are 'talking' to each other, so my car is preparing ahead of time and not reacting to the unknown.

edit: In theory, that would stop most if not all traffic congestion. It would be one seamless ocean of cars going at ideal speeds and not needing to brake much at all.

DarthSkywalker0
Originally posted by Kurk
SKREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

*summons DMD of Kekistan*

Why do you call him DMD?

ArtificialGlory
Suspect being apprehended: https://mobile.twitter.com/rayy0889/status/988508203737600000

Robtard
Crazy, my first two thoughts:

1) Who in the f*ck films in portrait? F*ck that person right in their ass then face.

2) Have to give props to that Canadian cop. He maintained his cool and didn't open fire, thereby endangering pedestrians.

ps The guy in the van looked like he was trying to get shot

dadudemon
As long and they're all connected together and being proactive instead of reactive when it comes to braking, speed, turning etc, sure. Like a hive mind, individuals, but linked.

We are, but I don't see it working in massive quantities though. It has to be an all or nothing, imo. Reminds me of highway scene in Minority Report(?), where the car goes auto on certain roads. Which we could feasible do in the future, making certain roads or even separate lanes be all driver-less and every car on those lanes in connected remotely to each other. eg so if I'm behind you, my car already knows long ahead which exit you're taking and at what exact speeds you'll be taking it as our cars are 'talking' to each other, so my car is preparing ahead of time and not reacting to the unknown.

edit: In theory, that would stop most if not all traffic congestion. It would be one seamless ocean of cars going at ideal speeds and not needing to brake much at all.

Do you mean predicting crashes before the happen and taking action faster than is possible for humans?

Yes, I agree. If SDCs are going to take off, they have to be able to do this.

In the below videos, the Teslas are predicting crashes and taking action to prevent the car from being involved. In most cases, it is before a human would be able to determine they would be in an accident. It even predicts crashes further up the road that other cars will get into:

_Kti-9qsLpc

stdDH5UbYo8

Three of those are so absurd that they blow my mind. It's hard for me to imagine that tech already exists that far surpasses humans ability to drive (in some circumstances).

Notice anything common? Almost all is city street or highway. It's not good enough for neighborhoods, imo. But this video is somewhat old and it has improved significantly since then.

It's possible to create a "smart network" of SDCs that do not use a central hub/brain. I just got out of a meeting with a team of people, Friday of last week, where gentleman decided he wanted to create a neural net for something specific (that I cannot say) (deep learning). A neural net...this is Star Trek shit. And he did it as part of another project to help that project move along faster.

Robtard
Yes and no. Ideally there would be few to nigh zero crashes on these highways and roads as all cars would be linked together (and we're removing the human-error element), knowing at all times what the other car is doing and plans to do on a nanosecond per nanosecond basis. Trying to make a a proactive instead of a reactive system.

Obliviously there's always the chance of outside forces that would create a reactive scenario. eg like a deer jumping into the middle of the road and one car braking suddenly to advoid splattering bambi and then the other cars behind having to decide whether it's better to brake, swerve, speed up etc. Though again, they'd all know within a instance what the braking car is doing and to the exact degree it's braking as they'd all be linked wirelessly and they'd all react accordingly.

Could even implement our road cameras into the system where the car/system could use them effectively look ahead for miles and miles on road conditions for even greater proactive driving. eg '2.78 miles ahead car 001001XB.005c had to brake from 70mph down to 5mph in order to avoid deer' could be sent to all cars on said road instantly.

dadudemon
Yes and no. Ideally there would be few to nigh zero crashes on these highways and roads as all cars would be linked together (and we're removing the human-error element), knowing at all times what the other car is doing and plans to do on a nanosecond per nanosecond basis. Trying to make a a proactive instead of a reactive system.

This is the path that SDCs were going to take a long time ago. But it was largely abandoned. Why? Because of the infrastructure cost. It's too hard to sell.

So what are they doing now? Making very very smart SDCs. Making what I call "Modular, Scalable, Architecture" (MSA) The idea is that as each module in the MSA becomes smarter and more scalable, eventually, we will reach a point that it would simply be a patch or common communication neural network (NN) that could be implemented to bring about what you describe: proactivity.

So how does that happen? People pass a regulation that says, "all must adopt this NN IEEE standard by 20XX in order to keep using the public infrastructure." Bam. Adoption. Common NN infrastructure. SDC proactivity. And true Level 5 SDCs.

And then Skynet is born.

Robtard
Yeah, I know it's a pipedream due to the scope and cost. But it's also the only real way of it working imo. Though technology cost go down generally, not up. So who knows in say 10, 20 or even 30 years.

Look at what the one 'driveless' car caused death in AZ did. People freak the **** out when it's essetially a robot killing people. Even if you show them that having 10% driverless cars overall reduce accidents.

Rage.Of.Olympus
WTF....this is in my city. I've been in a library all day and didn't even notice.

This hits home hard. What is wrong with people....my condolences.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
Suspect being apprehended: https://mobile.twitter.com/rayy0889/status/988508203737600000

Wow. HUGE props to the officer for not giving that POS what he wanted.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Wow. HUGE props to the officer for not giving that POS what he wanted.

This guy means that the cop denied suicide by cop by just arresting him.

I was reading that he was using his cellphone to look like a gun.

CroftAlice
These bastards are getting fond in using vehicles more often,I see

Cowards,i'm deeply sorry for the victims

Silent Master
Thankfully he used a small van, this could have been much worse

Surtur
Lol does Canada have the death penalty? If not, I'm not that relieved he avoided getting put down, cuz he *should* be put down.

Flyattractor
Leftists always Care More for the Criminals then they do the Victims.

Surtur
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Leftists always Care More for the Criminals then they do the Victims.

Even though it's not in the USA, I'm shocked we haven't seen at least one comment along the lines of "if he was black he wouldn't have been taken alive!".

Lord Lucien
You guys hear about that shooting in Vegas everyone's still talking about?

Surtur
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
You guys hear about that shooting in Vegas everyone's still talking about?

Yeah.

No wait no, Bugsy Siegel was spending a lot of time in Vegas at the time, but he was shot in California.

Beniboybling
so apparently the killer was a self-identified 'incel', yikes. sad

Putinbot1
This is another example of the world going to shit. The anti-woman internet incel shit Surt and Kurk buy into affected this mentally unstable individual. The internet is the curse of the devil tbh for emotionally ****ed up young men, they either turn to fantasy anime comic book girls or plough them down with trucks. Young men are getting screwed up. Sad.

Flyattractor
Gee. I don't recall seeing in the news reports that either Surt or Kurk were the one driving the Van of mass Murder.

I would say Get Your Facts Straight Pooty but ....We all know you do not do that.

You are just triggered to much.

Putinbot1
Gee. I don't recall seeing in the news reports that either Surt or Kurk were the one driving the Van of mass Murder.

I would say Get Your Facts Straight Pooty but ....We all know you do not do that.

You are just triggered to much. Never said they did drive it, just like you, the driver of this van and your MGTOW stuff they are incels and admit it. I know alt right murderers and incel murderers...

Flyattractor
But He is Canadian. The Canadians are all Left Wing Fascists.

GO TRUDEAU!!!!!!!!

Putinbot1
But He is Canadian. The Canadians are all Left Wing Fascists.

GO TRUDEAU!!!!!!!! He's an Incel, they are all MGTOW right-eing nutjobs like you and your pals.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Beniboybling
so apparently the killer was a self-identified 'incel', yikes. sad

This came up before. The joke was for thots to start sucking the dicks of that one weird guy to save lives.

It's a joke...but... I think this might actually save lives. no expression

Emperordmb
This came up before. The joke was for thots to start sucking the dicks of that one weird guy to save lives.

It's a joke...but... I think this might actually save lives. no expression
Dadudemon lowkey tryna get his dick sucked

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Putinbot1
He's an Incel, they are all MGTOW right-eing nutjobs like you and your pals.

Incel?

Soulds like what you would call one of those rip off Cell Phone Kiosks you find in a Closing Down Mall.

Try again Pootybutt. Throwing Made up Names at me don't "Trigger" me like you wish it did.

eek!

Flyattractor
Good News Canada! Jim Carrey just made a Vidoe Portrait to show He has Fee Fee's about this event!

Jim Carrey Moruns Toronto Attack. Does it in a Self Promoting Way.

Putinbot1
Incel?

Soulds like what you would call one of those rip off Cell Phone Kiosks you find in a Closing Down Mall.

Try again Pootybutt. Throwing Made up Names at me don't "Trigger" me like you wish it did.

eek! That post seemed pretty triggered. smile

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Putinbot1
That post seemed pretty triggered. smile

You just Wish it did.

stick out tongue

dadudemon
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Dadudemon lowkey tryna get his dick sucked

Low-key?

This newb, right here....

dadudemon
Here are my solutions to this car-homicide problem:

1. People should be required to pass a background check AND they should have to wait 30 days before they buy cars or build cars.
2. Additionally, they should pass a new law the closes the car-show loophole.
3. All assault cars should be illegal. No one needs that kind of power in a car. No one effectively hunts with assault cars. And you're not going to easily defend your home with an assault car. Hand cars (manual transmissions) and foot cars (automatic transmissions) are good enough to protect your home. If they were good enough for the Founding-Fathers, they should be good enough for the rest of us.
5. Lastly, they should implement a car buy-back program to reduce car homicides. This last one is more important to show efficacy because Australia did this back in 1996 and they haven't had a mass-carring since then. Also, you didn't notice that #4 is missing.
6. You went back and checked to see if #4 was missing, didn't you?

SquallX

/JW68goC4_es

You ****ing deserve this may dude! I shed mAnly tears reading that.

dadudemon
Originally posted by SquallX
/JW68goC4_es

You ****ing deserve this may dude! I shed mAnly tears reading that.

Thanks!

But it seems like this "meme" can be re purposed any time violence happens.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.