More than one galaxy in the SWU?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sheev
Sorry if this a stupid question, but has it been mentioned one way or the other if the star wars universe has more than one galaxy?

Talking new canon only.

cs_zoltan
No. They also didn't mention that water is wet in case you were wondering about that too.

Galan007

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by cs_zoltan
No.

So water isn't wet?

The Merchant
There's also the Intergalactic banking clan. They still trade in the dwarf galaxies of the main SW galaxy.

The Ellimist
There's obviously more than one galaxy in the SW universe, but sources are inconsistent on to what extent the others have been explored.

Azronger
SHEEEEEV

Sinious
Originally posted by Azronger
SHEEEEEV

Sheev
So are there any canon sources citing how LARGE the main star wars galaxy is? I've heard some people say it's very small, and I've heard others say it's the size of a normal galaxy.

JKBart
jebać polskę

Galan007
Originally posted by Sheev
So are there any canon sources citing how LARGE the main star wars galaxy is? I've heard some people say it's very small, and I've heard others say it's the size of a normal galaxy. It's not small. The galactic core essentially represents the center of the SW galaxy. With that in mind, the following distances have been canonically confirmed...

Geonosis=43,000 light years from the galactic core.
Tatooine=43,000 light years from the galactic core.
Endor=43,300 light years from the galactic core.
Bespin=49,100 light years from the galactic core.
Dagobah=50,250 light years from the galactic core.
Hoth=50,250 light years from the galactic core.
Utapau=51,000 light years from the galactic core.
Kamino=70,000 light years from the galactic core.

JKBart
I'm really starting to respect you Galan, finally somebody besides me and Zenwolf who has the grasp on the more interesting aspects of the SW than power levels.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by JKBart
I'm really starting to respect you Galan, finally somebody besides me and Zenwolf who has the grasp on the more interesting aspects of the SW than power levels.

I would say it's more the less explored aspects, rather than the more interesting ones, of course it depends who you ask.

Galan007
Originally posted by JKBart
I'm really starting to respect you Galan, finally somebody besides me and Zenwolf who has the grasp on the more interesting aspects of the SW than power levels. thumb up

I used to enjoy discussing power-levels and whatnot years ago, but my interest in that side of things has diminished over time. These days I'm more a fan of the greater cosmology/hierarchy... The details that maybe aren't as explored/prominent as what you'd find in "this guy vs. that guy" debates.

Sheev
Originally posted by Galan007
It's not small. The galactic core essentially represents the center of the SW galaxy. With that in mind, the following distances have been canonically confirmed...

Geonosis=43,000 light years from the galactic core.
Tatooine=43,000 light years from the galactic core.
Endor=43,300 light years from the galactic core.
Bespin=49,100 light years from the galactic core.
Dagobah=50,250 light years from the galactic core.
Hoth=50,250 light years from the galactic core.
Utapau=51,000 light years from the galactic core.
Kamino=70,000 light years from the galactic core. Ah wasn';t aware. Source?

if true, that means the SW galaxy is every bit as large as the milky way. cool beans. big grin

Galan007
All those distances came directly from Star Wars - Absolutely Everything You Need To Know. Yes canon; yes true.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.