Count Dooku vs Darth Vader (VOTE)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

xPRIMEx
Count Dooku (Revenge of the Sith)

vs.

Darth Vader (Return of the Jedi)

Who wins? Vote please.

The Merchant
Vader by the skin of his teeth.

Rebel95
Originally posted by The Merchant

Kurk
Originally posted by The Merchant
This if legends

In Canon he gets murked

xPRIMEx
Originally posted by Kurk

In Canon he gets murked
Really? In canon Rebels Vader would definitely beat Dooku, and I doubt his power decreased that much by ROTJ.

Kurk
Originally posted by xPRIMEx
Really? In canon Rebels Vader would definitely beat Dooku, and I doubt his power decreased that much by ROTJ. I believe that Vader became burnt out by RotJ. The rage that filled him as a young sith no longer filled him as much. He had become jaded and conflicted with the dark-side at this point.

RotJ is the only source we have at this point for Disney canon, right?

"It is too late for me, son"

Rebel95

Azronger
Vader stomps

Kurk
Originally posted by Azronger
Vader stomps Based on?

relentless1
Dooku stomps in canon, he has much better combat feats than Vader does; especially in ROTJ

Darth Thor
Lol no in Canon Vader is a league or 2 ahead of Dooku.

Kurk
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Lol no in Canon Vader is a league or 2 ahead of Dooku. Show me the proof.

xPRIMEx
Show me the proof.
https://i.imgur.com/L6wtyfA.jpg

Rebel95
Lol no in Canon Vader is a league or 2 ahead of Dooku.

Kurk
https://i.imgur.com/L6wtyfA.jpg That's quite a radical line-up. Are there any other canon sources that are consistent with it?

Darth Thor
Theres Lords of the Sith in which Vader states hes even more powerful than he was in ROTS.

Theres Vader being solidly above Maul and Ahsoka. Theres Vader Force Crushing an AT-AT, Theres Vader redirecting X-Wing torpedos.

Then theres Dooku, who gets his butt kicked by Vos...

The days of comparing Dooku to Vader are in the old Lucas Canon/Legends days. Its no longer a question in Disney Canon.

Freedon Nadd
Dooku needs a comeback in canon. I am thinking to
Cloned Dooku.

Kurk
Theres Lords of the Sith in which Vader states hes even more powerful than he was in ROTS.

Theres Vader being solidly above Maul and Ahsoka. Theres Vader Force Crushing an AT-AT, Theres Vader redirecting X-Wing torpedos.

Then theres Dooku, who gets his butt kicked by Vos...

The days of comparing Dooku to Vader are in the old Lucas Canon/Legends days. Its no longer a question in Disney Canon. Did those events take place near RotJ era?

What about Vader getting his but kicked multiple times by featless jedi?

Darth Thor
Did those events take place near RotJ era?

So your argument is that Vader massively declined in those few years from Rebels/ANH to ROTJ?

Anything to base that on?

What about Vader getting his but kicked multiple times by featless jedi?

Only in a short period post ROTS iirc.

You know all the Inquisitors are former Jedi right?

DarthAnt66
Internal monologues aren't Canon, neither is that list, tbh.

xPRIMEx
The list comes directly from a canon source, how is that not canon?

carthage
Vader

Forschbewithu
The list comes directly from a canon source, how is that not canon?

Agreed. Just because you don't agree with the list doesn't make it any less canon. For instance I think Dooku should certainly be above Maul, and you'd think Sidious above Vader.... But my opinion doesn't make a difference. This is canon. Fact. No argument can be made to suggest otherwise.

Galan007
https://i.imgur.com/L6wtyfA.jpg Worth noting that this list appeared in the original Absolutely Everything You Need To Know guidebook, but was omitted in the "Updated and Expanded" version of the same book that was released a few years later.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Galan007
Worth noting that this list appeared in the original Absolutely Everything You Need To Know guidebook, but was omitted in the "Updated and Expanded" version of the same book that was released a few years later.

A few years later? The original is only a few years old.

Galan007
The Original = 2015.
The Updated and Expanded version = 2017.

Kurk
So your argument is that Vader massively declined in those few years from Rebels/ANH to ROTJ?

Anything to base that on?

Only in a short period post ROTS iirc.

You know all the Inquisitors are former Jedi right? It's based off Vader being less immersed in the dark-side by RotJ. His power as a sith has weakened; he's not the rage-filled young man he used to be. He's clearly regretful as shown here:

dc4q4lmGjFM

Forschbewithu
Originally posted by Galan007
Worth noting that this list appeared in the original Absolutely Everything You Need To Know guidebook, but was omitted in the "Updated and Expanded" version of the same book that was released a few years later.

Did the book contain EVERYTHING else from the original? Even if it didn't include it, I would presume it doesn't make it any less canon.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Forschbewithu
Did the book contain EVERYTHING else from the original? Even if it didn't include it, I would presume it doesn't make it any less canon.

Might be a retcon.

Mendax
https://i.imgur.com/L6wtyfA.jpg Really strange lineup. Was there any surrounding context for that list? Might help give a better picture.

Galan007
Originally posted by Forschbewithu
Did the book contain EVERYTHING else from the original? Even if it didn't include it, I would presume it doesn't make it any less canon. The only notable difference is that the "Updated and Expanded" version includes more details about the First Order and additional facts from Rebels(which makes sense given that it was released after TLJ, and further along in the Rebels timeline/episodes.) Aside from that, the books are identical.

*I own both versions, btw, so I'm not just talking out of my ass here.

Originally posted by Mendax
Really strange lineup. Was there any surrounding context for that list? Might help give a better picture. No surrounding context at all. In fact, the list comes off as really strange and out of place, tbh... It literally appears at the very end of the book, and is randomly slapped on a splash-page of Kylo Ren, and is not accompanied with any other text.

Here's the entire page if you're interested:
https://i.imgur.com/BMwi1rA.jpg

I'm guessing the sheer randomness of that list(along with its wacky implications) are why it was omitted from the newer version. /shrug

Prekzursil
youtube.com/watch?v=JoGUHlxbQq0

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.