There should be more of ... and less of ...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Ellimist
... = professionals

aka which professions need more people, and which could do with fewer?

Kurk
Going off of my biases, not necessarily what the free market demands:

Less academics--especially people with phD's who have them for the hell of it.

Fewer lawyers -- I have issue moreso with these shit for-profit schools popping up and pumping out unqualified J.Ds that saturate the market.

Far less (I'd encourage getting rid of these majors at public schools) people in Sociology, Psychology, Communications, English, Political Science, Classical Languages, etc.

More (in quality moreso quantity):

- Medical/biochemical researchers
- Computer Science People
- Electrical, Chemical, Biomedical Engineers (fewer Mechanical, Civil engineers)

(IDC about primary care but...)
Far More
- Primary care physicians, physician's assistants

- Innovative entrepreneurs, really

Emperordmb
Originally posted by Kurk
fewer Mechanical
Not sure if this should make me feel bad that you think there's too many people in my chosen profession... or good that you think I should have less competition...

Flyattractor
Less Leftists. They are just HORRIBLE People.

Kurk
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Not sure if this should make me feel bad that you think there's too many people in my chosen profession... or good that you think I should have less competition... Just that mechanical engineering isn't as valuable as EE & CS. Same could be said for nuclear, aerospace.

Surtur
People whose jobs are diversity. Like "Vice President of diversity" or some shit for a company. We need less of those. Or none at all. Since it very rarely means intellectual diversity.

Putinbot1
Haha, get a job kids

samhain
Less outrage over people who have different opinions...

Emperordmb
Originally posted by Surtur
People whose jobs are diversity. Like "Vice President of diversity" or some shit for a company. We need less of those. Or none at all. Since it very rarely means intellectual diversity.
Agreed all the social justice warrior jobs like "vice president of diversity" or "professor of gender studies" or "professor of ethnic studies" or "queer studies professor" or "lesbian dance theory professor"

Surtur
Agreed all the social justice warrior jobs like "vice president of diversity" or "professor of gender studies" or "professor of ethnic studies" or "queer studies professor" or "lesbian dance theory professor"

And whenever a leftist says a place isn't "diverse" enough what they really mean is: there are too many white people.

Emperordmb
Yeah, and one point that really betrayed that was when there was some photo shoot or something with exclusively black women, and it was referred to as "diverse" like no that's the opposite of diversity.

Surtur
Yeah, and one point that really betrayed that was when there was some photo shoot or something with exclusively black women, and it was referred to as "diverse" like no that's the opposite of diversity.

It's just thinly veiled racism.

Kurk
Originally posted by Putinbot1
Haha, get a job kids I have an administrative job in an EMS department. Am I qualified to give my opinion now? What about you? You seem to get easily triggered by these pro STEM threads; perhaps you are insecure about your math/problem-solving abilities?

Surtur
I have an administrative job in an EMS department. Am I qualified to give my opinion now? What about you? You seem to get easily triggered by these pro STEM threads; perhaps you are insecure about your math/problem-solving abilities?

Plus remember: no point in getting a job. Bernie is gonna give everyone a job. Plus minimum wage of $15, plus the same health plan government officials have!

What could go wrong?

Putinbot1
Plus remember: no point in getting a job. Bernie is gonna give everyone a job. Plus minimum wage of $15, plus the same health plan government officials have!

What could go wrong? You can't work anyway because of your bowels or autism or whatever else is wrong with you. Can you?

NewGuy01
I have an administrative job in an EMS department. Am I qualified to give my opinion now?

What do you do?

SquallX
Definitely less lawyers. I mean look at congress and those in high level of power in our government, most of these assholes have a law degree or some kind.

Kurk
Originally posted by NewGuy01
What do you do? HR, Public Outreach

Robtard
And whenever a leftist says a place isn't "diverse" enough what they really mean is: there are too many white people.

^ Oh dear. His Whiteness is being threatened again. Fragile.

There's been a legit study on it, Trumpers are the largest offenders of the identity politics crisis that's plaguing the US today.

Robtard
Originally posted by Putinbot1
Haha, get a job kids

#wisdomfortheages

Kurk
We have jobs. Putinbot is going to have stop deflecting and address the issue without getting #triggered.

Surtur
Originally posted by Robtard
^ Oh dear. His Whiteness is being threatened again. Fragile.

There's been a legit study on it, Trumpers are the largest offenders of the identity politics crisis that's plaguing the US today.

I enjoy seeing you project.

The Ellimist
bump

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.