Darth Maul vs. Count Dooku (CANON-SABERS ONLY)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rebel95
Who wins?

Freedon Nadd
Unless Dooku employs Force powers, he loses.

Kurk
Well if you want to go off that sh1tty "best red lightsaber wielders" book who am I to argue.

carthage

Total Warrior
Still Dooku

Geistalt
Dooku, with moderate difficulty.

Darth Thor
If we compare against Kenobi, then Dooku stomps.

But if we compare against Savage, then Maul is back in the game.

Think Mauls chances are best with his Saber Staff, given Dookus more of a pure fencer, and struggles against fast, unorthodox and unpredictable movements - see Dooku vs Vos.

DarthAnt66
Gillard has heavily indicated Dooku >> Maul and Filoni likely has Dooku > Maul too.

Freedon Nadd
This would be like Dooku vs Anakin, only that Maul is better at swordplaying.

Sheev
Dooku stomps.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Gillard has heavily indicated Dooku >> Maul and Filoni likely has Dooku > Maul too.

Didnt Gillard rate them both as an 8?

Filoni would rate dog shit above Maul. But hes never made that direct comparison.

DarthAnt66
Yeah but he told me in an email that there's a big gap between them.

He didn't say which way it leaned but presumably toward Dooku.

Darth Thor

Sheev
Wasnt it stated somewhere that Maul only managed a stalemate against Grievous?

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by Sheev
Wasnt it stated somewhere that Maul only managed a stalemate against Grievous?
Wasn't stated anywhere. And they didn't really stalemate, the fight was inconclusive.

ILS
Interesting thread. I wonder if we'll hear any actually good arguments for Dookie.

Galan007
Originally posted by Rockydonovang
Wasn't stated anywhere. And they didn't really stalemate, the fight was inconclusive. He *might* be talking about this, but I'm not sure:
http://i.imgur.com/RjlODkqm.jpg

Sheev
Thats it. cool

Lord Stark
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Yeah but he told me in an email that there's a big gap between them.

He didn't say which way it leaned but presumably toward Dooku.

Lol really? What did he say?

Btw Dooku stomps.

DarthAnt66
Dooku & Maul are 8, but there is a huge difference inside the numbers themselves,
it's not about how well they fight, it's about how well they learned.

NG.

Forschbewithu
Maul. No if ands or buts about it. A canon sourcebook puts Maul over Dooku in sabers. It's stated as fact. This is the 3rd thread I've read where this book comes up lol

LordOfTheLight
A canon source also puts AoTC Obi Wan above Dooku in the force.

xPRIMEx
Originally posted by LordOfTheLight
A canon source also puts AoTC Obi Wan above Dooku in the force.
What source?

LordOfTheLight
Jedi Master Magazine.

It has AoTC Obi Wan as a level 90 in the force. Dooku as a level 87.

TPM Maul as 85. Mace Windu as 95. Sidious as 99.

Galan007
thumb up

AotC Kenobi's force-level = 90/100:
https://i.imgur.com/Brk22Y3.jpg

Dooku's = 87/100:
https://i.imgur.com/zhMpXyW.jpg

Galan007
Originally posted by Forschbewithu
Maul. No if ands or buts about it. A canon sourcebook puts Maul over Dooku in sabers. It's stated as fact. This is the 3rd thread I've read where this book comes up lol It's still just ONE canon source that needs to be weighed against the plethora of other canon material out there.

A single blurb does not automatically make it the one and only incontrovertible truth... Especially if it is contradicted by other canon material.

xPRIMEx
Jedi Master Magazine.

Lol nice... And that's still canon?

carthage

relentless1
Dooku in canon is generally considered to be an upgrade in apprentice for Sidious

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Galan007
He *might* be talking about this, but I'm not sure:
http://i.imgur.com/RjlODkqm.jpg

Maul vs Kanan Jarrus. Defeat.

facepalm

Originally posted by Rockydonovang
Wasn't stated anywhere. And they didn't really stalemate, the fight was inconclusive.

Yeah physically blitzing Grievous and Easily Tking him off a cliff is really inconclusive.

Unbowed
The scene in SOD when Maul confronts Grievous and straight tackles him to the ground is hilarious.

Forschbewithu
Jedi Master Magazine.

I hate Star Wars sometimes.

Forschbewithu
Originally posted by Galan007
It's still just ONE canon source that needs to be weighed against the plethora of other canon material out there.

A single blurb does not automatically make it the one and only incontrovertible truth... Especially if it is contradicted by other canon material.

What other out of universe canon statements are out there that DIRECTLY answer this question? There are a lot of in-universe things that happen that can be open for interpretation... This top 5 list is (at first glance) hard to dispute.

Now I'm seeing some bullcrap out of universe canon source that puts aotc Kenobi > Dooku in the force.... 😒😒

I can't stand this.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by ILS
Interesting thread. I wonder if we'll hear any actually good arguments for Dookie.

To be fair looking at the votes this is far less one sided than the Maul vs ROTS Kenobi thread.

Galan007
Originally posted by Forschbewithu
Now I'm seeing some bullcrap out of universe canon source that puts aotc Kenobi > Dooku in the force....

I can't stand this. ...And that is precisely *why* a single source should not be regarded as the end-all/be-all(when it directly conflicts with other forms of canon, of course.)

McP
Indeed, Dooku was overhelmed by Vos and nearly overhelmed by Savage (the same version of Opress gave a hell to Obi-Wan and Anakin, Ventress and overhelmed Kenobi in S4, and was pathetic in S5). He also got arrested by group of pirates, while being unarmed.
For Maul, he lost his mechanical leg to those pirates, while having a lightsaber in his hand, he nearly was overhelmed by a ... dog.

Dooku was doing well against Anakin and Obi-Wan and nearly killed Obi-Wan twice in that fight. He also defeated Kenobi in their fight in ROTS and Kenobi was also supported by Skywalker.
Maul did well against Kenobi in their 1v1 fight, and was unharmed after he fought him along with Opress. But they failed to defeat him, Savage lost his arm, and they were forced by Kenobi to flee.

He and Opress barely overhelmed Opress and Ventress in their 2v2. Either, Ventress or Kenobi were able to held their own against him. Ventress got stomped in her 1v1 against Dooku.

Dooku was able to stomp jedi fodders of Tiplee level, while Maul, along with Opress, was unable to stomp 2 jedi fodders (as we can see in S5E1 of TCW - they killed them, without difficulty, but Maul did not stomp any of those jedi in a way, that Dooku stomp Tiplee).

Dooku held his own against Yoda, while Maul was terribly stomped by Sidious.

And in SoD, Sidious noted, that Talzin may posses Dooku's body, but not his skills, short before he stomped her. Indeed, she might be inferior to herself, being in Dooku's body. But also, she may be not. Anyway, we can assume, that sidious noted, that Talzin in Dooku's body is inferior to Dooku. In her regular form, perhaps equal to that in Dooku's body she was able to compete as equal with Mace.
Also, when she fought Sidious again, Maul gave her some of his strenght. Shortly after weakened Dooku joined that fight, and his aid was enough for Sidious, to quickly overhelm her, which finally led to her death.

That's enough in my opinion, to say that Dooku is just better then Maul.

Maul can be defend only with his showing against Savage. But as was noted before, Dooku was overhelmed by S3 Opress, who had some great feats. Even his enferior, S4 verson overhelmed Kenobi. And his S5 version lost to Kenobi, while being supported by Maul. Opress' powers were retconed, his showings were worse and worse which every episode. Dooku is just a victim of that, and in my opinion, it shouldn't be taken that seriously.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by McP
he nearly was overhelmed by a ... dog.

Dude please dont troll if you expect a serious response.

An Anoobs is a closer to a lion than a dog. And Maul was never in any danger from it or the other bounty hunters, even after just having received a new and completely different pair of legs again.

Rebels Maul easily stomped Zeb, Sabine, Hera and Chopper combined. Im sure Zeb alone is tougher than any dog Lol

Geistalt
I retract my statement. Maul's a better lightsaber duelist in Canon.

fortunately, no one takes Canon seriously; it's beyond retarded and even legitimized SuperShadow's midi-chlorian list.

Darth Thor
Dookus a better pure fencer. But Maul is Physically stronger (not even including the mechanical legs post TPM), and has far better martial prowess.

RealistRacism
Canon, Maul should win.
Legends, Dooku would win.

TheIndyJedi
Originally posted by RealistRacism
Canon, Maul should win.
Legends, Dooku would win.

This

Vitiate
The list says Maul is better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He stomps!!!

RealistRacism
Dooku murks Maul, then Sidious.

StarWarsFan77
The notion that Dooku stomps is questionable but he wins in any case.

quanchi112
Maul wins.

TheIndyJedi
Yeh some huge Dooku wank here. Dooku was never intended to be that much superior to Maul, he is a tier 8 same as Maul

Freedon Nadd
How the fvck can Dooku win against Maul in a pure lightsabre combat?

What makes Dooku so proeficient is his incoporation of Force abilities in lightsabre combat.
Eventually Maul will tire out Dooku and kill him.

CuckedCurry
Maul probably takes Dooku in canon, more often than not.

McP
Originally posted by Freedon Nadd
How the fvck can Dooku win against Maul in a pure lightsabre combat?

What makes Dooku so proeficient is his incoporation of Force abilities in lightsabre combat.
Eventually Maul will tire out Dooku and kill him.

His Makashi. Dooku held his own against the best duelist in Saga, Yoda. He was doing fine at least two times against Anakin and Obi-Wan. He overhelmed Ventress before he owned her via Force.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.