Debating Thread

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SquallX

carver9
Great minds think alike. I'll delete my thread.

leonidas
i don't actually hate the way the jane arc ended. i think having the hammer burn up in the sun was pretty dumb. it's been broken a bunch of times, and there was def a better way to have it and mangog meet their ends, but overall i actually really enjoyed the arc as a whole from the time she picked up the hammer until the most recent story. maybe because i was so horrified by the thought of it when i first heard about it? i dunno, but she grew on me and had some pretty spectacular moments.

i did NOT enjoy the portrayal of odin or even his wife as much, but i loved loki throughout and i think malekith was a nice addition.

i mentioned this before, but i think i enjoyed jane/thor more than ock/spidey. or as much, anyway.

selina, bruce, meh. the histories of those characters are so long, and they have so many feats, that it's hard for me to care in anyway at all about those types of showings. the only people who WILL care are likely to be the ones who will use them to lowball later on lol and they likely WILL be used that way, but anyone not a troll will know the showings are meaningless.

i also don't get the hubbub over the ww/darkseid confrontation. i think both came across looking pretty good, and it ended the only way it could have really. i wouldn't use it for or against either tbh. i actually didn't enjoy the story very much, and for that i was a bit annoyed. the showings were...whatever. (i really can't stand her brother for some reason, and i'm not even really all that intrigued by him...)

Sin I AM
the darkseid v diana fight was a non-fight. she was trying her hardest and he was casually knocking her aside despite her best. I called it when solcitations came out btw.

Jane Thors entire arc was fine imo. Great tone, great art...Odin has always been a bastard but they really put it on display this time. Hiddleston Loki is cool i suppose, i kinda miss old Loki but he'll do. Everyone else was pretty much typecast. Im more concerned with Asgard as a whole going forward. Before durong Ragnarok-esque arcs all the gods came back more or less themselves. Now we have a blind Heimdell, a one armed Thor and a crippled Volstagg. Plus whoever else I missed.

I dig that status quo. It means there is more at stake than normal.

zopzop
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Odin has always been a bastard but they really put it on display this time.

No way. Prior to this garbage Odin was portrayed as a stern but wise and loving father. Current Odin is a whining lunatic.

celeyhyga17
Yeah. If i can change one thing about Jane's rise is the handling of Odin. Aaron tried too hard to make him an unabashed misogynist. Plus he was being extra jerky to boot.
As for how her Thorship ended, definitely could have gone another way. He built up Mangog so much that he did not know how to end him properly.
Still not as egregious as Odin's character assisination.
I've actually enjoyed the run overall. Some very fun stuff. And seeing Odinson not having a hammer is a bit refreshing.

Galan007
You should see if Bada or Pr will pin this. That's the only way it *might* keep the BS out of the ownage thread, tbh.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by Galan007
You should see if Bada or Pr will pin this. That's the only way it *might* keep the BS out of the ownage thread, tbh.
I'm about to bump your favorite thread for even less ownage thread derailing. You know the one im talking about!
stick out tongue

Badabing
You should see if Bada or Pr will pin this. That's the only way it *might* keep the BS out of the ownage thread, tbh. PM me this BS and I will issue bans.

Galan007
Originally posted by Badabing
PM me this BS and I will issue bans. https://media.giphy.com/media/hhxXIG5mUIsVy/giphy.gif

-K-M-
First things first I want to debate the thread name of the Debating Thread.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by zopzop
No way. Prior to this garbage Odin was portrayed as a stern but wise and loving father. Current Odin is a whining lunatic.

scans?

Badabing
https://media.giphy.com/media/hhxXIG5mUIsVy/giphy.gif https://s7.postimg.cc/okb03eoaj/badaboobhead3.jpg

bluewaterrider
Originally posted by SquallX

the whole Selina beating the Flashes, and Bruce dropping Kal with a whistle. Saying It was Poison Ivy getting overtasked still make no sense.

And by the way, you think the League would come up with a way to fight mind control after the amount of times they have been mind control!

1. I wouldn't think the League would come up with a way to fight mind control at this point. You're forgetting DCU was JUST rebooted from Nu52 roundabout a year or two ago. They've actually NOT encountered a lot of mind control, at least not the numerous instances you seem to think they have.

2. Ivy having CONTROL over that many people is what doesn't make sense, not the fact that her grip over any single one would be tenuous or that she would have trouble super-multi-tasking.

3. The Flash used to get knocked out by running into walls. Knockout by a skilled fighter like Selina is a promotion from the way things USED to be.
And they ARE being led around like puppets who can't access their full powers or prowess. This isn't them under normal conditions.

4. Sonics and hyper sonics and attacks along their continuum have an INCREDIBLE record throughout the history of comicdom, and rightly so.
Every unique property theoretically holds its own unique drawback.
The Genie of Alladin has to accept his lamp. Galactus must feed. Greek gods must have at least SOME portion of the population worship them, else they lose power. And Human Torch had best avoid wrestling with either Flint Marko or the HydroMan. That writer just took the premise to its logical conclusion.

One Big Mob
I've never hated another comic character more than I hate Jane right now.

I used to be neutral on her before this issue too.

celeyhyga17
laughing

Here... Have some more. She aint going nowhere anyway...

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-qlt7ZQih5EU/UXx7u4l0VtI/AAAAAAAANSY/A4caSVEsLHE/s1600/wi10_31.jpg

bluewaterrider
Originally posted by One Big Mob
I've never hated another comic character more than I hate Jane right now.

I used to be neutral on her before this issue too.

Premature statement.

Read Secret Wars II #6, where some stupefous volunteers to give up his life to restore Death to the Marvel Universe, because the Molecule Man whines he can't kill so much as a flower anymore and that MM's life as a result had somehow lost meaning, despite cancer, disease, and the ills of the world having been wiped out.

You're mad about Jane?

You'll want to punch someone for stealing your money once you've read tripe on THAT level ...

One Big Mob
Let me put into perspective of what just happened.

Aaron just killed Mjolnir and the most dangerous enemy ever Mangog in the sun, off panel. Not a single panel even dedicated to showing them burning up or something up close.

He did this so he could have an entire issue of Jane specifically not dying. Jane was in literally every page in that book, sometimes in multiple panels. The entire buildup to issue was apparently Jane just not dying

Sin I AM
how is that a take away from Jane?

One Big Mob
how is that a take away from Jane? She's the scapegoat of Aaron's bullshit writing. He's treating her like she's actually primo AAA comic royalty, and the character suffers for it. You can't kill someone important like hammerless Jane Foster. I'm glad powerless filled to the brim with cancer Jane is still alive

Plus
Imagine if in Death of Superman Superman just got up and started walking around afterwards and made a joke to Doomsday's body "Boy, wouldn't want to be in his shoes." Also Doomsday dies off panel.
If you're going to bring her back, don't bring her back in the ****ing same comic she dies in in an arc pretty much entitled "Death of Jane"

Sin I AM
She's the scapegoat of Aaron's bullshit writing. He's treating her like she's actually primo AAA comic royalty, and the character suffers for it. You can't kill someone important like hammerless Jane Foster. I'm glad powerless filled to the brim with cancer Jane is still alive

Plus
Imagine if in Death of Superman Superman just got up and started walking around afterwards and made a joke to Doomsday's body "Boy, wouldn't want to be in his shoes." Also Doomsday dies off panel.
If you're going to bring her back, don't bring her back in the ****ing same comic she dies in in an arc pretty much entitled "Death of Jane"

meh, thats not jane...thats aaron. plus the whole sacifice a woman so that a man gets the balls to do his job is a shitty trope

celeyhyga17
@bran
gud point.

for some reason it doest reall annoy me as much.
probably because i was dead set on her not dying. never once did i believe she was going to bite the big one and this build up since #700 was more a gimmick than anything.

One Big Mob
meh, thats not jane...thats aaron. plus the whole sacifice a woman so that a man gets the balls to do his job is a shitty trope It is Aaron's Jane.

She took his hammer, name, and job though. We just sacrificed Mangog, and Mjolnir so that we could have a full issue of Jane not dying. Killing Jane would have been overdone though. I like the twist where she lives.

I wish the Death of Captain Marvel would have had Mar-Vell naturally dying of cancer and then being revived by Thor while still full of cancer and then he just winked at the audience in the last panel. Now that's an ending

bluewaterrider

I wish the Death of Captain Marvel would have had Mar-Vell naturally dying of cancer and then being revived by Thor while still full of cancer and then he just winked at the audience in the last panel. Now that's an ending

Never read the Death of Captain Marvel.

Can't tell if you're serious.

Killing Jane would have been overdone though. I like the twist where she lives.

Still can't tell if you're serious.

She took his hammer, name, and job though. We just sacrificed Mangog, and Mjolnir so that we could have a full issue of Jane not dying.

What's with this Death Worship? Jane being taken out wouldn't have improved the story any. And we both know Mangog will eventually make a return.

SquallX
She's the scapegoat of Aaron's bullshit writing. He's treating her like she's actually primo AAA comic royalty, and the character suffers for it. You can't kill someone important like hammerless Jane Foster. I'm glad powerless filled to the brim with cancer Jane is still alive

Plus

Imagine if DC retcon DOS into Kal just getting up and saying that! laughing

I would buy atleast five copies just for the hell of it.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by bluewaterrider
Never read the Death of Captain Marvel.

Can't tell if you're serious.

Still can't tell if you're serious.

What's with this Death Worship? Jane being taken out wouldn't have improved the story any. And we both know Mangog will eventually make a return.

youve never read death of captain marvel?

Philosophía
I agree with Galan , this should be stickied.

Maybe even renamed to be a bit more obvious, like 'scan/scene discussion thread' or something. Originally posted by One Big Mob
Let me put into perspective of what just happened.

Aaron just killed Mjolnir and the most dangerous enemy ever Mangog in the sun, off panel. Not a single panel even dedicated to showing them burning up or something up close.

He did this so he could have an entire issue of Jane specifically not dying. Jane was in literally every page in that book, sometimes in multiple panels. The entire buildup to issue was apparently Jane just not dying Remember how I pointed out the panel where we see Mother Storm leaving Mjolnir when it's thrown into the sun last issue and everybody ignored me and kept insisting Mjolnir might not be destroyed? Good times.

I think Mjolnir dying in the sun, after it was created using one, is fitting. As I've said, I don't care about the "vs." part of these type of feats, so whatevs. Thor fans are going to have a really hard time, what with both Magog and the hammer being destroyed by the sun from many of the other fans, but meh. I'll be chill *kisses Bran on the lips*

Her death was the most useless shit ever. Expect her to get a hammer soon and call herself Goddess of Thunder.

the darkseid v diana fight was a non-fight. she was trying her hardest and he was casually knocking her aside despite her best.

thumb up

Given how Diana is portrayed for a few years now, Darkseid being clearly physically her superior, while being casual as f*ck, is pretty good. And it's in her own title.

bluewaterrider
You've never read Death of Captain Marvel?

I've read OF the death of Captain Marvel by now, of course.
But, the actual story ... ?

If ever I did read it, I've forgotten any significant details, save that his death made a lot of heroes sad.

This was in the days preceding the X-Men Animated series of the early 1990s, if memory serves. I really wouldn't have had much chance to get exposed to it.

One Big Mob

Sin I AM
yea jane dying and then being brought back reminded me of Parkers deal with Mephisto level trolling

bluewaterrider
https://s7d4.turboimg.net/t1/38548861_image.jpg https://s7d4.turboimg.net/t1/38548862_image.jpg https://s7d4.turboimg.net/t1/38548863_image.jpg

https://s7d4.turboimg.net/t1/38548864_image.jpg https://s7d4.turboimg.net/t1/38548865_image.jpg

https://s7d4.turboimg.net/t1/38548866_image.jpg https://s7d4.turboimg.net/t1/38548867_image.jpg
https://s7d4.turboimg.net/t1/38548868_image.jpg https://s7d4.turboimg.net/t1/38548869_image.jpg

Source: Astonishing X-Men #64

leonidas
confused

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.