Filoni's Star Wars Resistance, Anime-Style Series, Set to Debut in Fall

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarthAnt66
https://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars-resistance-set-for-fall-debut?cmp=smc%7C1496800781

Freedon Nadd
Man, did Wells strike you with his particle accelerator? You are the fastest KMC member alive.
You are
THE FANT!

Azronger
laughing

Freedon Nadd
Fun fact: Japan has already dubbed Star Wars. Vader's No is infinitely times better.

Galan007
Glad Filoni is heading this up, but I'm not really looking forward to the anime-style, tbh.

Although if done right the fight scenes could be pretty epic in that form of media... mmm

Freedon Nadd
Nani, Amiraaal Thraaaaaan!?

Zenwolf
After Rebels? Eh....none too sure about Dave and Disney Channel...also fan favorites..heh...

Darth Thor
So place bets on which season Ahsoka, Sabine and Ezra turn up in.

And when someone will make that secret trip to Ahch-To.

Galan007
Seeing what became of Ezra and Thrawn is one of the things that interests me most about this series.

That and getting more of a complete backstory for post-RotJ Luke(and hopefully his New Jedi Order as well.)

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Galan007
Seeing what became of Ezra and Thrawn is one of the things that interests me most about this series.

That and getting more of a complete backstory for post-RotJ Luke(and hopefully his New Jedi Order as well.)

What new order? According to TLJ he had just started it and then it went downhill after he thought about killing Kylo. Couldn’t have been around for very long. Not sure we would get much honesty.

Galan007
^ Just him establishing it in general.

Finding the force-users. Finding a suitable world. Perhaps some of the 'training sessions' that took place in his Temple. Etc.

Just that kind of stuff would be fun to see, imo.

DarthAnt66
Glad Filoni is heading this up, but I'm not really looking forward to the anime-style, tbh.

Although if done right the fight scenes could be pretty epic in that form of media... mmm
Opposite camp: am tired of the 3D animation, but Filoni's just trash.

Galan007
Did Rebels ruin Filoni for you?

DarthAnt66
I initially loved Filoni for Clone Wars, but after Rebels I am convinced Lucas carried the show.

Rebels was genuinely the worst show I ever seen.

Zenwolf

Finding the force-users. Finding a suitable world. Perhaps some of the 'training sessions' that took place in his Temple. Etc.

Eh....I guess, still though after Rebels, I'm not having high hopes for this if any at all.

Galan007
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
I initially loved Filoni for Clone Wars, but after Rebels I am convinced Lucas carried the show.

Rebels was genuinely the worst show I ever seen. While I completely agree that TCW was a much better show overall, I actually didn't dislike Rebels as much as most(cringe-worthy as some episodes were.) That said, I do fear that this show will be the worst animated series yet(if Filoni continues his downward spiral in quality), so that's a bit unsettling as a fan.

I guess the main reason I'm glad he's involved is because I want to see the stories he teased at the end of Rebels fully realized. I want to see the stories of Ahsoka, Ezra, Thrawn, Hera, Jacen(lawl), and Sabine properly fleshed-out.

Thing is, TFA really limits some of the storytelling potential here. ermm

Zenwolf
While I completely agree that TCW was a much better show overall, I actually didn't dislike Rebels as much as most(cringe-worthy as some episodes were.) That said, I do fear that this show will be the worst animated series yet(if Filoni continues his downward spiral in quality), so that's a bit unsettling as a fan.

I guess the main reason I'm glad he's involved is because I want to see the stories he teased at the end of Rebels fully realized. I want to see the stories of Ahsoka, Ezra, Thrawn, Hera, Jacen(lawl), and Sabine properly fleshed-out.

Not to mention, given the way that some writing has been going, agendas and all that going on with Star Wars...that's even worse for storytelling. Not saying he himself has one...but the show is gonna be dangerously close to the mess that is suppose to be the sequel trilogy...which is disconnected.

ares834
Hard to get excited with so few details.

NewGuy01
Everyone's going on about how it says it's anime-style, not even mentioning how the art of the poster there actually looks like Forces of Destiny-tier garbage.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Everyone's going on about how it says it's anime-style, not even mentioning how the art of the poster there actually looks like Forces of Destiny-tier garbage.

You know the sad thing is, is that the TIE Fighter short on Youtube, done by all of one guy is still better than a lot of the animated stuff that's come out for SW lately.

Darth Thor

Same.

DarthAnt66
While I completely agree that TCW was a much better show overall, I actually didn't dislike Rebels as much as most(cringe-worthy as some episodes were.) That said, I do fear that this show will be the worst animated series yet(if Filoni continues his downward spiral in quality), so that's a bit unsettling as a fan.

On the contrary, I hope Ezra, Hera, Jacen (shudders), and Sabine are never revisited and forgotten like the Holiday Special.

Beniboybling
hopefully ahsoka will cameo and humiliate snoke

ares834
thumb up

xPRIMEx
Couldn't care less about this tbh

Darth Thor

I mean thats fine with Thrawn. He was originally conceived for this time period anyway.

As for the rest of them, their story should have finished with Rebels.

I get that TCW was cancelled early so there were some loose threads to finish. But honestly things like Maul facing off against Kenobi had no place on the show.

This time however the shows finale was properly planned, but Filoni seems to have issues killing or finishing off characters he created, so you have a prequel era Jedi, whose a top tier light sider, alive during the OT and running around post ROTJ, which is just retarded IMO.

TheNuisanceBird

With what happens in TLJ being all the more depressing.

Kurk

Rebels was genuinely the worst show I ever seen. ikr, can't believe he directed some Avatar the last airbender episodes too

Darth Thor
^ But he wasnt the creator of Last Airbender

He made Rebels. It was pretty much all Him.

Galan007
Originally posted by Darth Thor
I mean thats fine with Thrawn. He was originally conceived for this time period anyway.

As for the rest of them, their story should have finished with Rebels. Oh, I don't disagree at all. That said, these characters now do exist post-RotJ, so the continuity-whore in me needs to see their stories fleshed-out(except for Jacen -- I only want to see that freak expanded on for the lulz.)

But TFA puts somewhat of a cap on things, because we know at least by that point in time there weren't any errant Jedi running around... Or at least the ones who were had completely cut themselves off from the force like Luke did.

Darth Thor
Oh, I don't disagree at all. That said, these characters now do exist post-RotJ, so the continuity-whore in me needs to see their stories fleshed-out(except for Jacen -- I only want to see that freak expanded on for the lulz.)

Yeah just feel like its bait to string us along to the next show.

But TFA puts somewhat of a cap on things, because we know at least by that point in time there weren't any errant Jedi running around... Or at least the ones who were had completely cut themselves off from the force like Luke did.

Yeah I mean where have I heard that before:

LUKE WHEN GONE AM I THE LAST OF THE JEDI WILL YOU BE

ares834
bH_Ws7sA468

facepalm

One Big Mob
Lol

Zenwolf
...........NO! I don't even know how to properly respond with what's wrong with it..

victreebelvictr
That is beautiful

TheIndyJedi
Looks like shit

TheIndyJedi
On the contrary, I hope Ezra, Hera, Jacen (shudders), and Sabine are never revisited and forgotten like the Holiday Special.

I hope Gandalf Ahsoka is forgotten too.

victreebelvictr
Originally posted by TheIndyJedi
I hope Gandalf Ahsoka is forgotten too. agreed, Disney should be proud (sarcasm)

Trocity
Haha, wow.

That looks hideous.

Rockydonovang

The blade runner anime was awesome.

It does concern me he considers anime a "style" though. It isn't, they're just japanese cartoons.

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by ares834
bH_Ws7sA468

facepalm
Lal why does "anime style" look like mickey mouse's club house?

And holy f, "find out who's loyal to the good guys" was almost cringey as TFA

victreebelvictr
I love Mickey mouse

Darth Thor
Okay.... So going for a younger audience then...

Tzeentch
Looks like trash. I don't even mind the art style, the overall plot is just so ****ing derivative. Disney is obsessed with the rebellion dude. Why are we not allowed to have a storyline that isn't centered around le colorful cast of misfits learning to live as a family while fighting the Empire?

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Tzeentch
Looks like trash. I don't even mind the art style, the overall plot is just so ****ing derivative. Disney is obsessed with the rebellion dude. Why are we not allowed to have a storyline that isn't centered around le colorful cast of misfits learning to live as a family while fighting the Empire?

Because......ok I got nothing, other than it's Disney.

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by Tzeentch
the biggest flag for me is po saying the good guys" instead of "rebel aliance". Only reason you'd do that is if you're trying to paint the world black and white for little 5 year olds. That line makes no sense in universe.

TheIndyJedi
Yeh it looks garbage. I was hoping they were going to do something different and shift the tone, but it just looks like a generic saturday morning cartoon with the usual god awful slap stick humour.

DarthSkywalker0
Looks like trash.

( A post by Syndiciate )

Galan007
Originally posted by ares834
bH_Ws7sA468

facepalm Cringe-worthy.

The Merchant
The animation is super familiar...there was a show years back with that style on cartoon network

Zenwolf
Only animation I can think of similar is Iron Man Armored Adventures. Looks similar in the trailer to this one.

Galan007
Originally posted by The Merchant
The animation is super familiar...there was a show years back with that style on cartoon network Reminds me of RWBY. /shrug

Tzeentch
The "3d posing as 2d" animation definitely reminds me of RWBY.

victreebelvictr

victreebelvictr
Less Disney if you know what I mean

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.