IW Thor vs Superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

steverules_2
Fight takes place in the forest where the Avengers fought Thanos, Thor has stormbreaker. Who wins?

Impediment
Superman has speed equivalent to the Flash.

Win via speed blitz and flying.

ShadowFyre
I don't see how Superman hurts him but I don't see Thor tagging Superman very often. Stalemate imo

Surtur
Originally posted by steverules_2
Fight takes place in the forest where the Avengers fought Thanos, Thor has stormbreaker. Who wins?

I thought the movie comes out tomorrow.

Also wow thanks for spoiling the fact that a forest appears in the movie. SMH

Psychotron
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
I don't see how Superman hurts him

The same way Hulk has hurt him probably.

Surtur
How powerful is Stormbreaker?

steverules_2
It's powerful enough that Thor threw it at thanos and though Thanos tried to use the gauntlet to stop it, it still impaled him

Originally posted by Surtur
I thought the movie comes out tomorrow.

Also wow thanks for spoiling the fact that a forest appears in the movie. SMH

There's no point you seeing the movie now

Rage.Of.Olympus
Superman's speed is his only hope. if Thor connects, Superman dies. Superman should be too fast for Thor to hit based on JL but Thor's a walking lightning storm. Just getting in close would be difficult to Thor if he's powered up. 50/50 on this. The speed would have been too much and given Superman the clear edge if it wasn't for Thor's durability.

Thor survived the heat/energy of a Star's CORE when he held open the gate. Crazy..

After that, the Bifrost, Sokovia, and Hulk's pounding in Ragnarok, Thor in lightning God mode is almost impossible to put down imo and definitely has ridiculous durability.

I hope we get to see Thor use his teleportation strategically in the next movie. That's a really OP power set, being able to use the power of the bifrost now.

steverules_2
So superman w/o his speed would lose

Rage.Of.Olympus
Well...Supermans speed is part of his power set. It's not like it's cheating.

He could dodge Thor and lay out 5 haymakers before Thor moves...trouble is, I don't think that's enough, even with Superman's strength, to knock Thor out. Not a fully powered Thor after Ragnarok and IW. He ate like a dozen haymakers from the Hulk without a scratch. Full ground and pounds. That's the only reason imo Superman doesn't just end it in moments.

steverules_2
The durability of Thor and damage soak is pretty bad ass

relentless1
Superman is faster and nothing save for Kryptonite has been shown to be able to kill him thus far. Having said that the storm breaker feat is pretty OP so Thor has a good chance at being able to at least KO the big guy... if he can catch him that is

Rage.Of.Olympus
And other equally powerful Kryptonians, and objects used as weapons but those Kryptonians....

Stormbreaker would do to Clark what a giant axe swung by a person would do to a regular human imo.

h1a8
I don't think Thor's durability feats prove that Superman can't rock the living hell out of him with a single punch.

And why should Thanos with IG be more durable than say Hulk (let alone Superman)? We need to see feats. We need to see the movie to analyze the exact details of all relevant information. We need to see EXACTLY HOW Thor hurts Thanos.

Superman's durability feats are great enough to say that Thor (pre movie) isn't doing much to him with hammer strikes. But we will see soon.

carthage
Will see after tonight

playa1258
Couple hours for me. Should be good in here.

Dayman
Originally posted by h1a8
I don't think Thor's durability feats prove that Superman can't rock the living hell out of him with a single punch.

And why should Thanos with IG be more durable than say Hulk (let alone Superman)? We need to see feats. We need to see the movie to analyze the exact details of all relevant information. We need to see EXACTLY HOW Thor hurts Thanos.

Superman's durability feats are great enough to say that Thor (pre movie) isn't doing much to him with hammer strikes. But we will see soon.

Because he is lol

relentless1
yeah without spoiling details Thors damage output and durability have gone up drastically, hes a much better match for Superman now id say this fight is a 55/45 for Thor at this point

Inhuman

Why are you even commenting in here if you haven't seen IW and probably haven't seen Ragnarok either besides YouTube clips?

carthage
I think Clark's speed is the main deal breaker. If Thor can manage to land a hit with Stormbreaker I can see him pulling a Doomsday, but Clark is still massively faster and would beat him up with his punches

So Clark for a majority still

-Pr-
Thor's stock shot up big time after IW, but I don't think it puts him beyond the likes of Superman just yet. With Stormbreaker though, I could see him winning. Superman's speed is more of a counter-balance to Thor's massive AOE than it is a pure advantage, imo.

$on OF krypton
supes still beats him badly UNLESS he proves he is AS FAST AS FLASH then he has a CHANCE... only a chance.

steverules_2
Does electricity have an effect on Supes?

juggerman
I haven't seen the movie yet but I'm gonna comment anyway because f*ck you that's why!!!!

steverules_2
Originally posted by juggerman
I haven't seen the movie yet but I'm gonna comment anyway because I'm the juggerman b!tch that's why!!!!

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Okay?

And you're transferring comic Superman's feats to the movie version. I wouldn't be shocked if he was able to, but there is no indication that he can withstand the full force of a Sun's core, much less be amped by it. Maybe he could. He has never faced something quite as powerful as the nuclear furnace of a Star's core. Based on the available evidence, it'd be easier to argue he couldn't rather than could. I would've said Thor shouldn't have a chance in hell either but here we are, so I'm not completely against it. As it stands, purely on durability feats, Superman could blast Thor with heat vision and it should be as useless as Iron Man's repulsors.

Bleeding Edge Iron Man is an entirely different level from previous armors. If I made a list of what has stunned or even temporarily knocked out Superman, it would be a lot less than BE Stark. So I don't see how mentioning Iron Man is even relevant as he was completely insignificant compared to Thor's damage.

I dk what you're referring to by the Gamora stuff. She did nothing and tried stabbing herself. Maybe I missed it.

I'm not understanding your argument here. Are you saying Superman would tank Stormbreaker or??? Based on the current available evidence, if he gets hit, game over.

WolvesofBabylon
Speed and Strength favor Superman. Durability? Thor has impressive feats as does Superman. Thor is more versatile as he is a better fighter and has weapons that AMP. Thor without Weapons gets stomped. Thor with his weapons has a shot but probably loses as he still would be a Statue to Superman and so would the hammer/axe if thrown.

playa1258
Thor got a huge upgrade and was the most impressive hero in the film with Strange and Iron Man.

Very impressed.

WolvesofBabylon
I was also impressed by Scarlet Witch

Psychotron
Superman due to the ridiculous speed advantage. Without the speed Thor wins thanks to Stormbreaker. With equalized speed and no weapons I'm not sure who'd I'd favor. Their strength and durability are too close now.

steverules_2
Didn't the nuke KO him? I think he woulda died if he hadn't come into contact with the sun light, I can't remember it exactly I really don't wanna rewatch BvS

playa1258
Superman has a big edge in strength and speed but that Thor durability and stormbreaker.

$on OF krypton
I've said it before i'll say it again >if thor takes on flash and comes out tops then he stands only a chance. If not, i dont see thor win against supes who matches flashes combat speed(even WW who is an insane combatant was a statue in midair).

juggerman
Originally posted by steverules_2

Dammit. Shoulda done it your way thumb up

Darth Thor
The Russos get the powerscale of these heroes.

Whedon Just danced around Thor in AOU.

I said then he should Solo Ultron after Ultron kicks everyones butt. People called me a fanboy and said that would make for a poor film erm

The Sorrow
If Thor caught Superman with a clean lightning infused hammer shot to the jaw while he tried his typical bullrush tactic, I wouldn't be surprised if it flash ko'd him tbh. Stormbreaker tips the scale in this fight.

carthage

SquallX

The Sorrow
^Carthage
Of course he can don't be silly. Taking the heat of the star taxed him to the point of the death, still a great durability feat though.

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by Impediment
Superman has speed equivalent to the Flash.

Win via speed blitz and flying.

Sorry Impediment but i disagree...Speed is irrelevant when you can't harm the dude...

Josh_Alexander
Stormbreaker one shots Superman.

TheBadguy
Thor has the odin force and stormbreaker now, one hit from that will cut Clark in two..I don't see how he's going to actually connect on Clark though

Psychotron

$on OF krypton
superman does the IMP+his own strength, and sends thor flying to asgard with odin there to comfort him.

Silent Master
Obvious bait post is obvious.

Darth Thor
But he does have Storm Breaker which healed him instantly.

So tanking the force of a Star feat is legit.

Psychotron
Originally posted by Darth Thor
But he does have Storm Breaker which healed him instantly.

So tanking the force of a Star feat is legit.

That's healing, not tanking. If Groot wasn't there to finish the axe Thor was dead. I'm not saying it wasn't impressive, and Thor really was the best part of the movie, but lets not over wank it.

Josh_Alexander

carthage

Josh_Alexander

Psychotron
Carthage, he didn't tank it. He survived it. Doomsday tanked it.

Originally posted by Josh_Alexander
Thor took a blast from the core of a dying star to specify. Since there is no evidence on how hot these star is, we could just speculate.

Either way, Thor with Stormbreaker is powerful enough to defeat the Kryptonian dude.

Yeah, but he's not fast enough to tag one. And it really says something about Thor when he can only win if he's armed with a hax weapon.

emporerpants
Superman wins due to speed. Realistically Thor should not be able to hit him and he should be able to hit Thor at will. After enough hits Thor will go down. After all, Thor got taken out by Hulk in Thor 3 when he was unable to move. Superman is fast enough to do the exact same thing, and Thor will be equally as helpless. However, with equal speed Thor wins, and if Thor DOES manage to hit Supes (very unlikely) he wins. Stormbreaker is broke as f*** and Thor has done some damn impressive things in Avengers 3. He is EASILY the most powerful avenger. As it should be. Was also nice to see the how the Hulk was treated, totally stomped into oblivion to the point of being too scared to come out again. That was HILARIOUS. After all the Hulk wank, that was some funny shit, no offense to Hulk fans, he is obviously coming back in the next movie and wrecking shop.

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by Psychotron

Yeah, but he's not fast enough to tag one. And it really says something about Thor when he can only win if he's armed with a hax weapon.

Well Thor was able to hit Hela, which has pretty insane speed feats!

Also forgot lightning? Superman aint as fast as light! Superman will eventually lower his guard (As he did with Batman) and he will get decapitated!

$on OF krypton

i actually think they both did, with superman feeling more of the effect, thats why he was floating in space as if his life force had been drained. And lets not forget that was a weakened supes, who had been fighting batman, being exposed to kryptonite almost every time..... that being said if supes were not to use his fists (which imho, he can still use and win) and fought with speed the way he did against flash in JL, Thor is gonna find himself in the very core of the sun. And There It Ends.

Psychotron

Also forgot lightning? Superman aint as fast as light! Superman will eventually lower his guard (As he did with Batman) and he will get decapitated!

Really? Hela has Flash-level speed? Show me, please.

Lightning won't do much to Superman, he has endured much worse. You can't compare Thor with Batman. Superman was trying to talk Bruce down, not fight him.

Darth Thor
Oh yeah I completely forgot about the Nuke in BvS!

Thors durability is truly > Supermans.

Josh_Alexander
Really? Hela has Flash-level speed? Show me, please.

Lightning won't do much to Superman, he has endured much worse. You can't compare Thor with Batman. Superman was trying to talk Bruce down, not fight him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24vtRhMbDEA

Minute 2: Do you want to compare the blast from Sokovia with that?

Also, the Nuke obliterated Superman. Throughout this board it has several times been proven that Sokovia's blast rivals that of a nuke. So reconsider your position.

Superman's speed is irrelevant when we consider lightning in the equation.

$on OF krypton

1.) Thor might have been able to hit hela but, superman is thousands of times faster than her. So once again thor would not see his opponent.

2.) I cant believe you said supes is not as fast as light. It might not have been clearly shown in the movies, but by default supes is AS FAST and even FASTER than light (e.g supes vs flash "fight" scene. I double dare thor to replicate that feat.)

3.) Superman only lowered his guard bcos he knew if used just 1 percent of his power, he would kill bruce. He Dosent Do This On A regular.

4.) Only kryptonite has been shown in the movies to weaken him to a state where he can be decapitated.

FrothByte
That's healing, not tanking. If Groot wasn't there to finish the axe Thor was dead. I'm not saying it wasn't impressive, and Thor really was the best part of the movie, but lets not over wank it.

And Superman would have been dead from the nuke if he wasn't healed bu the sun. So he didn't tank the nuke either. At least Thor tanked that blast for a few seconds.

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by $on OF krypton
1.) Thor might have been able to hit hela but, superman is thousands of times faster than her. So once again thor would not see his opponent.

2.) I cant believe you said supes is not as fast as light. It might not have been clearly shown in the movies, but by default supes is AS FAST and even FASTER than light (e.g supes vs flash "fight" scene. I double dare thor to replicate that feat.)

3.) Superman only lowered his guard bcos he knew if used just 1 percent of his power, he would kill bruce. He Dosent Do This On A regular.

4.) Only kryptonite has been shown in the movies to weaken him to a state where he can be decapitated.

1. Prove that Superman is faster than light. Because Hell as sure he aint.
Because if you can't prove that your entire post falls into pieces.

Putinbot1
Thanos is nowhere near as Durable as Supes.

Psychotron
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Oh yeah I completely forgot about the Nuke in BvS!

Thors durability is truly > Supermans.

Did you even read what I posted above? A nuke is much hotter than a star and it had a the force of the blast as well.

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by Putinbot1
Thanos is nowhere near as Durable as Supes.

laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud

Josh_Alexander
Did you even read what I posted above? A nuke is much hotter than a star and it had a the force of the blast as well.

Depends on the star.

Also, Superman got obliterated and K.O'd entirely.

Thor had just 3rd degree burns and was partially K.Od. Can't really compare the feats.

Rage.Of.Olympus

Psychotron
It wasn't minutes, Rage. You know very well I can time it.

Besides, not only is the core far less hot, it also doesn't have the blast force of a nuke.

Thor was literally dying, which was confirmed by characters in the movie. He didn't tank it.

Psychotron
Depends on the star.

Also, Superman got obliterated and K.O'd entirely.

Thor had just 3rd degree burns and was partially K.Od. Can't really compare the feats.

Watch the movie again. Superman was KO'd, Thor was dying.

Josh_Alexander
Watch the movie again. Superman was KO'd, Thor was dying.

WTH! If it werent for the Sun Superman would be dead dude.

h1a8
Etri specifically said that Thor would be taking the FULL FORCE of a Star's energy. It's core in particular, Etri also said it would take a few minutes if not more.

Just reminding you of some facts. So, in conclusion, Thor withstood the full force of a Star's core, in a CONCETRATED beam for minutes.

The initial centre of a Nuclear Explosion burns hotter briefly but it is not even remotely comparable to the power a Star generates every second it burns, much less for minutes.

Thor suffered damage but was conscious and instantly healed with Stormbreaker.
The star was a dwarf.

Let's ignore that Thors clothes were not disintegrated.
Thor only experienced a fraction of the heat since most of it went around Thor to heat the metal.

And it took a few seconds. Not minutes. Unless you believe that movie time should be inflated in that scene (I'll be ok with that).

Also Etri could possibly be using hyperbole in stating Full Force of a star.

It's a good feat showing Thor resistance to heat.

Josh_Alexander
The star was a dwarf.

Thor only experienced a fraction of the heat since most of it went around Thor to heat the metal.

And it took a few seconds. Not minutes. Unless you believe that movie time should be inflated in that scene (I'll be ok with that).

Where is it stated it was a Dwarf Star?

Thor clothes aint normal clothes dude. A

Thats is an assumption.

h1a8
Where is it stated it was a Dwarf Star?

Thor clothes aint normal clothes dude. A

Thats is an assumption.

It was shown extremely small and stated to be a dead star. Dead stars are planet size.

I ignored the clothes not being disintegrated, even if there were regular human clothes.

emporerpants
It was a good feat for Thor. He was dying and Stormbreaker saved him however. Same with Supes and the nuke. The sun saved him. I hope everyone can cut the lowballing.

playa1258
Superman's speed is still too great. He could disarm Thor and hit him with stormbreaker before he could react.

$on OF krypton
superman does not need to reach light speeds in earth's atmosphere, bcos he will cause serious damage to his environment, given that he unlike flash does not have a protective aura around him. And he hasnt had to travel in space, as to calculate his real speed. In the comics though he traveled FTL many times.

Josh_Alexander
It was shown extremely small and stated to be a dead star. Dead stars are planet size.

I ignored the clothes not being disintegrated, even if there were regular human clothes.

Just because it's small doesnt mean it is a "small star". We also see that the star is coated with some sort of metal structure. The stsr could very weel be compressed by some mechanism in order to concentrate the energies from it.

Just cause its dying doesnt make it weaker.

Josh_Alexander
superman does not need to reach light speeds in earth's atmosphere, bcos he will cause serious damage to his environment, given that he unlike flash does not have a protective aura around him. And he hasnt had to travel in space, as to calculate his real speed. In the comics though he traveled FTL many times.

Is that evidence? Do you have evidence?

$on OF krypton

So do you intend blowing the sun away!!???! The sun would always be there just as stormbreaker or possibly something will SURELY have been used to revive thor.... The "if it werent for the sun" excuse does not hold water.

Josh_Alexander
So do you intend blowing the sun away!!???! The sun would always be there just as stormbreaker or possibly something will SURELY have been used to revive thor.... The "if it werent for the sun" excuse does not hold water.

Naah it will be night time or a dark panorama, as in all DC fights laughing out loud

Naah, Stormbreaker would kill him faster than the sun can kill him.

Silent Master
Etri specifically said that Thor would be taking the FULL FORCE of a Star's energy. It's core in particular, Etri also said it would take a few minutes if not more.

Just reminding you of some facts. So, in conclusion, Thor withstood the full force of a Star's core, in a CONCETRATED beam for minutes.

The initial centre of a Nuclear Explosion burns hotter briefly but it is not even remotely comparable to the power a Star generates every second it burns, much less for minutes.

Thor suffered damage but was conscious and instantly healed with Stormbreaker.

Context only matters when it helps their side.

NemeBro
Lightning isn't lightspeed, and even Diana can handily react to and avoid lightning. The same Diana who is literally a statue to Clark.

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by NemeBro
Lightning isn't lightspeed, and even Diana can handily react to and avoid lightning. The same Diana who is literally a statue to Clark.

laughing out loud laughing out loud

Lightning aint lightspeed!????? What the HELLLLL!?

Boy reconsider your words.

NemeBro
laughing out loud laughing out loud

Lightning aint lightspeed!????? What the HELLLLL!?

Boy reconsider your words. When I get home you are gonna feel real stupid my cocksucking friend.

Josh_Alexander
When I get home you are gonna feel real stupid my cocksucking friend.

Well it makes sense. Considering that it moves through the atmosphere. It aint as fast as light. But it is faster than anything Diana or even Superman have portrayed on screen.

WolvesofBabylon
Yea a quick google search will tell you that at best, lightning is nowhere close to light speed.

Psychotron

Have fun proving that.

Josh_Alexander
Have fun proving that.

My bad my bad laughing out loud

And yet, Superman hasnt reach such speeds. Else bring me evidence.

$on OF krypton

You Have Now Begun Your Journey To Saving KMC, especially from those who disrespect and ruin supermans legacy.

Josh_Alexander
You Have Now Begun Your Journey To Saving KMC, especially from those who disrespect and ruin supermans legacy.

laughing out loud

SquallX

Josh_Alexander

Psychotron
My bad my bad laughing out loud

And yet, Superman hasnt reach such speeds. Else bring me evidence.

He's Flash-level. He made Wonder Woman (a confirmed bullet timer) look like a statue. Thor is helpless here.

$on OF krypton
you guys forget superman for most of the movie wasnt operating on full power. A normal superman(without coming in contact with kryptonite) would certainly not look that frail when he was in space.

SquallX

Silent Master
Quick question, how long was Superman exposed to the heat of the nuke?

Josh_Alexander
He's Flash-level. He made Wonder Woman (a confirmed bullet timer) look like a statue. Thor is helpless here.

A Lightning》》》》》》》Bullet speed. Sorry, but dodging bullets wont sufice.

Josh_Alexander
Have fun proving that.

Have fun proving that Superman can survive an impact from SB.

WolvesofBabylon
Honest Question. You dont think that Superman, who gets his energy from the sun...wouldnt be able to tank that? ,

Josh_Alexander

Silent Master
Originally posted by WolvesofBabylon
Honest Question. You dont think that Superman, who gets his energy from the sun...wouldnt be able to tank that? ,

It's not tanking if the object/energy empowers you. besides, not all stars empower Kryptonians or else everyone on Krypton would have had superpowers.

WolvesofBabylon
If i recall, this star was a Yellow sun?

Josh_Alexander

Is like asking that if you connect a 12V battery will survive to a 100V power source.

WolvesofBabylon
Is like asking that if you connect a 12V battery will survive to a 100V power source.

Almost similar. Are you 12 years old?

Josh_Alexander
Almost similar. Are you 12 years old?

Are you 8?

Silent Master
If i recall, this star was a Yellow sun?

Even if Superman can absorb some of the energy, for all we know if could end up overloading him and causing him to explode, much like Ares did when Wonder Woman overloaded him with his own lightning.

WolvesofBabylon
Originally posted by Silent Master
Even if Superman can absorb some of the energy, for all we know if could end up overloading him and causing him to explode, much like Ares did when Wonder Woman overloaded him with his own lightning.

That is a fair point. Thor is my favorite character, I just dont feel he is Superman level. He is close but I just think Superman wins 7/10. I think he is stronger and faster. Thor is a better fighter but not enough to make up the difference.

Silent Master
That is a fair point. Thor is my favorite character, I just dont feel he is Superman level. He is close but I just think Superman wins 7/10. I think he is stronger and faster. Thor is a better fighter but not enough to make up the difference.

I don't think he's as strong or fast. but Thor is more powerful, more skilled, agile and durable.

NemeBro
Well it makes sense. Considering that it moves through the atmosphere. It aint as fast as light. But it is faster than anything Diana or even Superman have portrayed on screen. Oh yeah?

AGYpgAynCIs

2:29, then 2:59.

Diana can block natural lightning from Ares after it has been fired. Yet she was a statue to Clark.

Josh_Alexander
Oh yeah?

AGYpgAynCIs

Diana can block natural lightning from Ares after it has been fired. Yet she was a statue to Clark.

Thors Lightning》》》》Ares.

Also, Ares is like "I WILL DESTROY YOU" ..."HERE DIANA, AM ABOUT TO ATTACK YOU, PLEASEEE DONT COVER YOURSELFF!!!" before each strike laughing out loud

I believe you should understand the concept.

TheLordofMurder
I think Superman beats any version of Thor, except the Infinity War version...

Once Thor got Stormbreaker, he was able to mess up Thanos with the Full Infinity gauntlet ...

I'm sorry, but I cant see Superman being able to beat someone capable of doing that...

Infinity War Thor wins 10/10...

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
I think Superman beats any version of Thor, except the Infinity War version...

Once Thor got Stormbreaker, he was able to mess up Thanos with the Full Infinity gauntlet ...

I'm sorry, but I cant see Superman being able to beat someone capable of doing that...

Infinity War Thor wins 10/10...

Hmmmm...The thing is we don't know what a blast of the IG is capable of. Hell as sure it is a mighty shot. But i don't know, doesn't convince me.

But I agree, I don't know if Superman could rival that.

Rage.Of.Olympus
It wasn't minutes, Rage. You know very well I can time it.

Besides, not only is the core far less hot, it also doesn't have the blast force of a nuke.

Thor was literally dying, which was confirmed by characters in the movie. He didn't tank it.

1) If you set a timer from when he starts the feat, to when he ends it, it'll be a few minutes would it not?
2) This is a silly argument. Do you not understand how time dilation works in movies? Are we assuming Superman/Flash aren't super-fast because we can see them? The dwarf said it would take at least a few minutes.

A nuclear weapon at it's core flash heat is hotter yes, but briefly. It is like a fire cracker compared to an inferno. The core of a Star is a continuous process that is magnitudes more powerful than a nuclear weapon.

For example, if we threw, every Nuclear Weapon at the planet at the Sun and detonated it at the same time in a hypothetical scenario, it would be indistinguishable from the random thermal noise from the sun. It would be equivalent to the energy the Sun generated in like 0.00001 seconds.

The star was a dwarf.

Oh yea, it was said to be a Neutron Star, no? I remember it being a main sequence Star tbh. I have to re-watch the movie.

If we started considering the gravitational forces in play of a Neutron Star that we would apply to Thor if we used a Neutron Star....would he not just atomize Superman with a punch based on his strength? This would get ridiculous quickly.

A neutron star can be up to 4 times larger than the Sun squeezed into a much smaller volume (40% larger than Earth) so the density is ridiculous. They are also hotter than a main sequence Star like the Sun IIRC....

Josh_Alexander
based on his strength? This would get ridiculous quickly.

A neutron star can be up to 4 times larger than the Sun squeezed into a much smaller volume (40% larger than Earth) so the density is ridiculous. They are also hotter than a main sequence Star like the Sun IIRC....

Totally agree. The size of such star was immensily small. I mean, even dwarf stars are several times bigger than planets.

That star is being shrunk. That's likely what that metal structure surrounding it is for. Why? To harvest it's energy better and to waste less resources on the size of the rings that surround it.

Adam Grimes
Thor wins.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Oh yeah?

AGYpgAynCIs

Hmm...I don't know man. That's a lot like saying Thor can block energy blasts after they are fired so he has to be hella fast too.

100% Captain America for example could've blocked that imo.

NemeBro
Hmm...I don't know man. That's a lot like saying Thor can block energy blasts after they are fired so he has to be hella fast too.

100% Captain America for example could've blocked that imo. If you have any idea how fast those energy blasts are then sure, you could use that feat for Thor. I recall him deflecting the Destroyer's beam, which does indicate superhuman reaction-time, though nothing on par with this.

That's cool, but you have nothing backing that opinion as far as I'm aware my man, so of what use is it in a versus thread?

Why is lightning different from bullets? No one fronts on Diana deflecting those as evidence for her speed.

Silent Master
Seeing as WW was able to say something before blocking the attack all the while the fire and smoke in the background is moving at normal speeds, makes me think his attack wasn't that fast.

NemeBro
Seeing as we can visibly see the sparks of electricity being instantaneous to the naked eye much like actual electricity, and given that it is electricity drawn from the actual atmosphere, it leads me to believe it's lightning. thumb up

Silent Master
Yet we can clearly see things moving at normal speed in the background, so it's clear that WW wasn't moving at superspeed during that scene.

Darth Thor
Confusing directing tbh

Psychotron
A Lightning》》》》》》》Bullet speed. Sorry, but dodging bullets wont sufice.

Superman is the lightning in this analogy.

NemeBro
Yet we can clearly see things moving at normal speed in the background, so it's clear that WW wasn't moving at superspeed during that scene. Then what power did she use to catch natural electricity after it was directed towards her during that scene?

Your attempt at using a directorial oversight to discredit the feat notwithstanding, Diana has shown that she can fairly handily react to lightning. thumb up

This is a feat of superhuman reaction-time. One far beyond pretty much any Marvel character but Quicksilver.

Yet Superman is faster than her. Incredibly so.

Thor might as well be a statue.

Silent Master
You think they meant for her to be moving at superspeed in that scene and just forgot to add the sfx?

NemeBro
You think they meant for her to be moving at superspeed in that scene and just forgot to add the sfx? Can human beings react to or dodge lightning?

Silent Master
You think they meant for her to be moving at superspeed in that scene and just forgot to add the sfx?

NemeBro
You think they meant for her to be moving at superspeed in that scene and just forgot to add the sfx? Can human beings react to or dodge lightning?

Silent Master
Did you see the movie?

Josh_Alexander
Superman is the lightning in this analogy.

Based on what exactly?

Adam Grimes
Can human beings react to or dodge lightning? I can.

Psychotron
Based on what exactly?

Feats.

Josh_Alexander
Feats.

Bring me evidence of Superman moving at the speed of lightning and we've got a deal.

Actual numbers not just speculation.

FrothByte
This can go either way. Either Superman is too fast that he speed blitzes Thor with punches till he's knocked out or Superman won't even be able to approach Thor without getting zapped if Thor coats himself in a dense lightning storm.

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by FrothByte
This can go either way. Either Superman is too fast that he speed blitzes Thor with punches till he's knocked out or Superman won't even be able to approach Thor without getting zapped if Thor coats himself in a dense lightning storm.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOthutb_2Hc

Flash aint even close to the speed of Lightning! And we all know Superman is a bit slower than Flash.

Now in future films of course Flash will surpass lightning and even that of light itself. But currently, DCEU Flash is a snail compared to other versions of it, like Series Flash.

WolvesofBabylon
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOthutb_2Hc

Flash aint even close to the speed of Lightning! And we all know Superman is a bit slower than Flash.

Now in future films of course Flash will surpass lightning and even that of light itself. But currently, DCEU Flash is a snail compared to other versions of it, like Series Flash.

Fast enough to attack before Thor could react or summon lightning. Assuming lightning would hurt Superman.

FrothByte
Assuming lightning would hurt Superman.

Thor's lightning has better destructive feats than anything we've seen from Zod, Namek or Faora and their hits were easily hurting Superman. So it's pretty safe to say Thor's lightning will hurt Superman.

Josh_Alexander
Fast enough to attack before Thor could react or summon lightning. Assuming lightning would hurt Superman.

Not enough to put down Thor before he decided to

Psychotron
Bring me evidence of Superman moving at the speed of lightning and we've got a deal.

Actual numbers not just speculation.

Diana has blocked lightning and Superman made her look like a statue.

Silent Master
If people actually watched the scene, they would have noticed that one of the examples of being used to showcase WW's vast superspeed is of Ares forming the lightning into a bolt and then physically throwing it at WW.

It's rather obvious that sed bolt wasn't meant to be traveling at 1/3 light speed.

Josh_Alexander
Diana has blocked lightning and Superman made her look like a statue.

Blocking Lightning doesn't mean she is as fast as lightning. Specially not after Ares made damn clear he was about to attack dude!

And again, you are bringing me no evidence.

Silent Master
People more impressed with the nuke feat then Thor taking the concentrated blast of a star for around a minute really need to go back and take a few more science classes.

WolvesofBabylon
Honest question. Does Stormbreaker have the same "only if you are worthy" aspect that Mjlolnir had?

Silent Master
Let me guess, you want to argue that Superman will take Stormbreaker away from Thor and use it against him.

playa1258
Without the worthiness enchantment it's a valid tactic.

WolvesofBabylon
Let me guess, you want to argue that Superman will take Stormbreaker away from Thor and use it against him.

Doesnt really need to because Superman wins anyway but why not?

Silent Master
Originally posted by playa1258
Without the worthiness enchantment it's a valid tactic.

How many times has Superman used this valid tactic?

juggerman
I hope the new hammer has the enchantment. It'll mean that much more if Cap actually does lift it But since it hasn't been stated I don't think we can just assume it.

Silent Master
True, we currently do not know if it has the enchantment. However we do know that Thor can mentally summon the weapon.

playa1258
How many times has Superman used this valid tactic? He is fast enough to do do.

Silent Master
He is fast enough to do do.

That didn't answer my question, how many times has he used this tactic?

playa1258
Did you see how fast he moved in JL? He was able to fight at super speed while everyone else but Flash were frozen.

He could easily disarm Thor and hit him with his own weapon.

Silent Master
Did you see how fast he moved in JL? He was able to fight at super speed while everyone else but Flash were frozen.

He could easily disarm Thor and hit him with his own weapon.

How many times has Superman used this tactic?

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>