Bill Cosby found guilty and sentenced

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Surtur
Breaking: Bill Cosby guilty on all counts

Interesting.

Impediment

Surtur
https://i.imgur.com/hXrzKpl.jpg

ArtificialGlory
hYnkm78uxYE

Robtard

Impediment

Robtard
Even if he didn't have the fame and wealth to keep him out of a prison like that, he's a bit too old for the other prisoners to be sniffing around for his cornhole, imo. Though you're the ex guard, did the old guys get targeted for booty time just the same?

Cosby will end up in a day-spa type of prison, like the one Bernie Madoff is at. Yard has a garden and reflecting pool so the prisoners can mediate. Food is catered in.

Kurk
Originally posted by Robtard
Even if he didn't have the fame and wealth to keep him out of a prison like that, he's a bit too old for the other prisoners to be sniffing around for his cornhole, imo. Though you're the ex guard, did the old guys get targeted for booty time just the same?

Cosby will end up in a day-spa type of prison, like the one Bernie Madoff is at. Yard has a garden and reflecting pool so the prisoners can mediate. Food is catered in. Bernie Madoff was sentenced too harshly for what he did. The libtard judge let too much of his emotions get through during the sentencing. 150 years for white collar crime is ridiculous when you consider that murderers get less.

Impediment

Robtard
Prison pumps?

Impediment
Prison pumps?

Pimps. Damn autocorrect.

Flyattractor
He aint going to Prison. These whoes just doing it for his big fat MONEY!

That is what they want. Fudge Pudding Pop them wanting actual justice.

This just about a pay day.

Digi
In seriousness, I was a big fan of Cosby. Went to see him live a couple times, and I always thought he was both an excellent comedian and an upstanding societal spokesman. I've never been into celebs in any meaningful sense beyond entertainment purposes, but there are those you like and whose work you deeply appreciate.

We've seen enough unfortunate stories like this to realize that public personas and personal lives are wildly different beasts. So outside of, like, Fred Rogers, hearing that anyone was into horrible sh*t wouldn't surprise me, while also realizing that, however public these falls from grace are, they still represent a minority of people as a whole and even celebs. But it makes it no less disappointing.

So this is sad. But knowing that the judicial system tends to do its job well, it's good that there's justice. He admitted before a jury that he gave certain women quaaludes in the 70s, so while there are potentially those who are just looking to profit off of this, I don't believe his guilt is in any doubt.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Digi
In seriousness, I was a big fan of Cosby. Went to see him live a couple times, and I always thought he was both an excellent comedian and an upstanding societal spokesman. I've never been into celebs in any meaningful sense beyond entertainment purposes, but there are those you like and whose work you deeply appreciate.

We've seen enough unfortunate stories like this to realize that public personas and personal lives are wildly different beasts. So outside of, like, Fred Rogers, hearing that anyone was into horrible sh*t wouldn't surprise me, while also realizing that, however public these falls from grace are, they still represent a minority of people as a whole and even celebs. But it makes it no less disappointing.

So this is sad. But knowing that the judicial system tends to do its job well, it's good that there's justice. He admitted before a jury that he gave certain women quaaludes in the 70s, so while there are potentially those who are just looking to profit off of this, I don't believe his guilt is in any doubt.

Ditto. thumb up

(I never saw him in person but watched many of his stand-up shows)

Surtur

What matters to me is: did these women *know* they were being given drugs? Did he do it without their knowledge?

Surtur
As prosecutor seeks to revoke his bail, Cosby curses at him

laughing

Impediment
Irony.

Digi
Originally posted by Surtur
What matters to me is: did these women *know* they were being given drugs? Did he do it without their knowledge?

The details of the trial don't matter to me. Despite my admiration for his earlier work, Cosby's a stranger to me personally, and we have a reasonable standard of evidence required for convictions in the vast majority of cases in this country.

Also, having been on juries a couple times for surprisingly complicated cases, then having the benefit of being able to go back afterward to see the media coverage of it, you realize in a hurry that we don't see a fraction of what actually takes place in even the most well-meaning news reports. Playing armchair jury member, so to speak, is just another way to be upset while being uninformed.

Surtur
The details of the trial don't matter to me. Despite my admiration for his earlier work, Cosby's a stranger to me personally, and we have a reasonable standard of evidence required for convictions in the vast majority of cases in this country.

Also, having been on juries a couple times for surprisingly complicated cases, then having the benefit of being able to go back afterward to see the media coverage of it, you realize in a hurry that we don't see a fraction of what actually takes place in even the most well-meaning news reports. Playing armchair jury member, so to speak, is just another way to be upset while being uninformed.

I mean when it comes to giving them drugs it is important what the circumstances were. If he offered them drugs and they accepted...meh. If he drugged them without their knowledge that is wrong.

Digi
I mean when it comes to giving them drugs it is important what the circumstances were. If he offered them drugs and they accepted...meh. If he drugged them without their knowledge that is wrong.

Agreed. But my point is that it's important to the people in the courtroom, not to me. Despite thinking that people can be spiteful, the process of law prevents gross injustices from happening in all but a select few cases, and usually those aren't in the limelight.

Impediment
Bill got 3 to 10.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/25/arts/television/bill-cosby-sentencing.html

Flyattractor
#HollywoodIsRacist

Impediment
It's still not enough, if you ask me. Anyone else would have received 5 times that sentence. We need stricter punishments for sex offenders.

When I was a TDCJ prison corrections officer I had the displeasure of working amidst the Sex Offender Treatment Program (SOTP) and the convicted predators therein. Every time I had to work 3 Row or 4 Row in A Building, my stomach would churn just by being among those animals. Sometimes I would actually bring latex gloves and Purell with me if I had to go to those wings because I felt so disgusted. I hate it when people say "Don't judge all convicted criminals. Some of them are trying to be rehabilitated." Yeah, those who say that can shut the **** up and GTFO. You didn't read their files and/or travel cards and learn that some of them were kidnapping rapists, some were incestual pederasts who transferred HIV to their own children, and some of them were even former priests who took advantage of their young believers and molested them with religious guilt and lies. Sex offenders sicken me to my absolute core.

I'm known for being a smart ass who often makes jokes and posts that some people will find offensive, but I never joke about shit like this...............at least to an extent. I made a jocular post back when the #MeToo movement began and one friend of mine took offense to it. I wasn't joking about rape or sexual assault, but sometimes peoples' interpretations aren't shared or similar. Jokes are one thing, but to genuinely mock the grief, shame, and pain of someone who was sexually assaulted is lower than snake shit. There is a line that just shouldn't be crossed when it comes to humor, even my brand of warped, black, shock humor. Having said all that, I say of sound mind and body that if I had the power, the resources, and the authority I would round up every single sex offender, rapist, molester, pedophile, hebephile, ephebophile, predator, and general scumbag piece of shit with intentions of sexual battery and I would put them into concentration camps and gas them with Zyklon B, the same kind of lethal chemical used in the extermination of more than six million innocent Jewish men, women, and children. That's truly how I feel.

The worst part about all of this is that Cosby will probably get the "Martha Stewart" treatment and serve his sentence in some kind of "detainment center" as opposed to an actual prison facility. ****ing celebrities get away with far too much. Still, some remnant of justice has been served today. If only more headlines read as such as opposed to bitter and cynical topics that trigger and divide us as mature and civil human adults instead of bringing us closer together.

"At his best, man is the noblest of all animals; separated from law and justice he is the worst." -Aristotle

"I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice, no matter who it's for or against. - Malcolm X

LordofBrooklyn
Give me a break.

There wasn't even enough evidence and SUDDENLY before the statute of limitations runs out AND to coincide with an election the case reopens. To top it off there is a mistrial and they immediately go back to trial.

This was a farce from the beginning.

Flyattractor
Should we take Jimmy Kimmel's advice and have his dick chopped off as well?

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Should we take Jimmy Kimmel's advice and have his dick chopped off as well?

Yeah, when he advocates for Weinstein's, Singer, Allen and a myriad of others to be cut off as well.

Funny how there aren't a myriad of Weinstein and Singer jokes isn't it?

Surtur
Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
Give me a break.

There wasn't even enough evidence and SUDDENLY before the statute of limitations runs out AND to coincide with an election the case reopens. To top it off there is a mistrial and they immediately go back to trial.

This was a farce from the beginning.

Well Cosby admitted to drugging them.

No what is in fact a farce is the entire situation with Brett Kavanaugh, where the evidence is so flimsy it is almost a parody.

Flyattractor
Plenty of Prison Pudding to Go Around!

Surtur
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Plenty of Prison Pudding to Go Around!

The only thing that would make Cosby happy is if there were plenty of prison quaaludes to go around.

Flyattractor
I think most prisoners would agree with that.

LordofBrooklyn
Well Cosby admitted to drugging them.

No what is in fact a farce is the entire situation with Brett Kavanaugh, where the evidence is so flimsy it is almost a parody.

What are you talking about?

These accusations span several decades and the debaucherous period he was in WITH Hefner, Sinatra, Stone and others they ALL were using drugs. It's not some nefarious setup that suits media narratives and memes, it was the 60's and 70's in Hollywood.

Quaaludes weren't even in existence when the vast majority of these incidents were alleged to take place.

Flyattractor
You could get a Drink WITH OUT Drugs in the Sixties?

Robtard
Weird how certain people only believe the women accusers if the person accused is part of or considered "the Left!".

As far as Cosby's sentencing, he got slapped on the wrist considering what the charges were. 3 years is nothing considering what a non famous/rich person would have received in a similar situaton. He probably won't serve 6 months before he's retired to an ultra minimum security day spa "prison".

Flyattractor
Well the LEFT is pretty racist so...

LordofBrooklyn
Weird how certain people only believe the women accusers if the person accused is part of or considered "the Left!".

As far as Cosby's sentencing, he got slapped on the wrist considering what the charges were. 3 years is nothing considering what a non famous/rich person would have received in a similar situaton. He probably won't serve 6 months before he's retired to an ultra minimum security day spa "prison".

The average person wouldn't have went to trial.

The previous District Attorney came to the same conclusion before the present one saw the case as a literal campaign slogan.

Robtard
I believe you're mistaken, while Cosby's world-wide fame bought far more attention to this than say me or you being charged with being a serial rapist would have, that same fame got him a slap in the wrist when it came to sentencing.

Your story would have been a blip on the news by comparison, but you'd be facing 50+ years in a federal pound-you-in-the-ass prison.

Flyattractor
#RobbieisRacist

LordofBrooklyn
I believe you're mistaken, while Cosby's world-wide fame bought far more attention to this than say me or you being charged with being a serial rapist would have, that same fame got him a slap in the wrist when it came to sentencing.

Your story would have been a blip on the news by comparison, but you'd be facing 50+ years in a federal pound-you-in-the-ass prison.

He wasn't charged with being a serial rapist he was charged on the basis of a single accusation. One so flimsy that it was never pursued for nearly a decade until an election came into play.

quanchi112
The average person wouldn't have went to trial.

The previous District Attorney came to the same conclusion before the present one saw the case as a literal campaign slogan. You are an idiot tbh. I suspect a Trumper. Continue to live in your own reality. Reality says guilty.

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by quanchi112
You are an idiot tbh. I suspect a Trumper. Continue to live in your own reality. Reality says guilty.

The facts are self evident.

I notice a moronic scumbag such as yourself could never stand on the ground of facts and reason.

quanchi112
The facts are self evident.

I notice a moronic scumbag such as yourself could never stand on the ground of facts and reason. He was found guilty which is a fact. Suck it up, buttercup. Your emotions have been so all over the place lately because you cannot deal with the verdict. Cosby was found guilty your emotions or opinion does not mean shit in a court of law, loser.

LordofBrooklyn
He was found guilty which is a fact. Suck it up, buttercup. Your emotions have been so all over the place lately because you cannot deal with the verdict. Cosby was found guilty your emotions or opinion does not mean shit in a court of law, loser.

Cosby's cell will be a million times better than the hovel you live in.

That is a fact as well.

quanchi112
Cosby's cell will be a million times better than the hovel you live in.

That is a fact as well. Let is not compare finances because I would bet I am doing far better than you but Cosby is old and cannot even see. Despite his finances his reputation is tarnished and his freedom is gone. His life sucks.

Typical you go on attack mode because you cannot handle the facts that he was found guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Bye bye, Billy.

Robtard
He wasn't charged with being a serial rapist he was charged on the basis of a single accusation. One so flimsy that it was never pursued for nearly a decade until an election came into play.

While you or myself in similar situations would have been if we spent 30+ years drugging and date raping women. We'd get time that amounted to life sentences; with little to no chance of parole.

You can say that Cosby being charged shows corruption. I say how little be got shows the class-divide in our justice system, it pays to be rich. Very much so.

samhain
You can say that Cosby being charged shows corruption. I say how little be got shows the class-divide in our justice system, it pays to be rich. Very much so.

Like the saying, 'Paying your debt to society.' Have enough cash you can just do it that way.

quanchi112
Originally posted by samhain
Like the saying, 'Paying your debt to society.' Have enough cash you can just do it that way. Very true the rich are afforded privileges the poor will never receive. LoB is a moron and thinks people are being hard on bill Cosby for ****s sake.

BackFire
**** Cosby, glad he'll be dying in prison.

quanchi112
Originally posted by BackFire
**** Cosby, glad he'll be dying in prison. LoB will probably act like Cosby will be living it up in the state pen. LoB leave in shame you emotional snowflake. Go hang out with Surtur you loser. You two can cry together and talk about how life has been against you from the start.

LordofBrooklyn
LoB will probably act like Cosby will be living it up in the state pen. LoB leave in shame you emotional snowflake. Go hang out with Surtur you loser. You two can cry together and talk about how life has been against you from the start.

The life of the average inmate TOWERS over yours. Much less that of Cosby.

quanchi112
The life of the average inmate TOWERS over yours. Much less that of Cosby. Yeah rich blind men want to hang out at the state pen for 3-10 years. It is like staying at the Ritz. Do not act like you are a successful person I can smell the poverty all the way over here.

LordofBrooklyn
Yeah rich blind men want to hang out at the state pen for 3-10 years. It is like staying at the Ritz. Do not act like you are a successful person I can smell the poverty all the way over here.

Please, you are poverty stricken in class, intelligence, and wealth.

The amount of disgusting and pathetic behavior you have engaged in with posters over real life issues is evidence of that.

LordofBrooklyn
Didn't some college kid expose you for begging for tips just to get by?

Surtur

quanchi112
Please, you are poverty stricken in class, intelligence, and wealth.

The amount of disgusting and pathetic behavior you have engaged in with posters over real life issues is evidence of that. You lack the story stomach for any of this. You are too emotional as evidenced by your meltdown over a man guilty of raping women.

quanchi112
Didn't some college kid expose you for begging for tips just to get by? The same kid who is permad and mocked by the entire board for being creepy. I have far more money than you do. I would bet on it too. Lets compare bank accounts you loser. Lets go.

quanchi112
Come on LoB. You talk tough but when push comes to shove you turn into that little chihuahua. Lets go. We can use ddm as the poster to verify.

dadudemon
He was found guilty which is a fact. Suck it up, buttercup. Your emotions have been so all over the place lately because you cannot deal with the verdict. Cosby was found guilty your emotions or opinion does not mean shit in a court of law, loser.

lol

haermm

Surtur
I still have some of the childrens books Cosby wrote about a character called "Little Bill". Not sure if he was supposed to be Cosby when young or just a character with the same name.

There was one part I'll always remember where Little Bill gets told he smells like rotten egg salad. Owned.

Robtard
It was an allegory about Cosby's rapey penis

LordofBrooklyn
Come on LoB. You talk tough but when push comes to shove you turn into that little chihuahua. Lets go. We can use ddm as the poster to verify.

Ha.

You are a piss, poor, pathetic, piece of trash!

Impediment
Guilty he may be, I still think that Cosby is a hilarious comedian.

Robtard
There's nothing wrong with separating the criminal from the artist.

eg Roman Polanski is a fine director; I've enjoyed several of his films. I just won't pay for them.

quanchi112
Ha.

You are a piss, poor, pathetic, piece of trash! So you back down like the little ***** everyone says you are. Run along, Surtur jr.

samhain
There's nothing wrong with separating the criminal from the artist.

eg Roman Polanski is a fine director; I've enjoyed several of his films. I just won't pay for them.

Never heard anyone say a bad word about Gacy's clown abilities.

One Big Mob
Never heard anyone say a bad word about Gacy's clown abilities. Lovely.

Robtard
Never heard anyone say a bad word about Gacy's clown abilities.

By all accounts he was a great kid's party clown. I'd not hire him though.

StyleTime

quanchi112
Originally posted by StyleTime
facepalm @ the publicist.

Well, he is earning the hell out of his check. It takes some cartoon level logic bending to spin Cosby as the victim here. LoB believes Cosby is the victim. You cannot fake this kind of stupid.

Robtard
Originally posted by StyleTime
facepalm @ the publicist.

Well, he is earning the hell out of his check. It takes some cartoon level logic bending to spin Cosby as the victim here.

Cartoon logic and a complete lack of Christian/religious knowledge

Flyattractor
Robbie going Full Racist Again.

StyleTime
LoB believes Cosby is the victim. You cannot fake this kind of stupid.
Cartoon logic and a complete lack of Christian/religious knowledge
thumb up

Not only that, but he's implying a conspiracy against Cosby due to his race. It spits in the face and on the graves of the black men who legitimately were wrongly convicted of rape/assault. It happened, and it still happens, but these men didn't have a history of assault allegations and did have medical evidence showing their accusers were lying. They were victims of actual racism in the justice system. Putting Cosby in that same boat is ****ing hilarious. Also gross.

I guess bullshitting is his job as a publicist, but this is just so extra...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.