Immortal Hercules vs Thor foes

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

zopzop
How does Immortal Hercules with is Adamantine Mace do against some classic Thor foes? Who can he beat for the majority? This isn't a gauntlet and it's not in any particular order.
So it's this guy :
https://s14.postimg.cc/5zs91jwqp/a906f52624aaa08dff9039d2b4c0f10d--marvel-characters-marvel-heroe.jpg
vs these guys/gals
Enchantress
Loki
CLASSIC Ulik with pounders
Malekith
Midgard Serpent
Skurge the Executioner

Dareangel
I got freaky freaky baby I was chilling with malik

leonidas
the magic guys have too many options for bfr. without bfr as an option, they can still do things like phase and use tp that would be really tough to overcome. herc doesn't have a great history vs mindrapage. he's not beating a well-written loki or malekith most likely. enchantress has already affected him with her seductive powers iirc. he def beats ulik and skurge. the serpent would be tough since he can't fly. he could do damage to it, but that would be about it. it's too durable for him to realistically take it out before it poisoned him. i wonder if the poison would drive him berserk before it killed him though. if it did, he would def become a threat--similar to a true warrior mad thor. /shrug

zopzop
Originally posted by leonidas
the magic guys have too many options for bfr. without bfr as an option, they can still do things like phase and use tp that would be really tough to overcome. herc doesn't have a great history vs mindrapage. he's not beating a well-written loki or malekith most likely. enchantress has already affected him with her seductive powers iirc. he def beats ulik and skurge. the serpent would be tough since he can't fly. he could do damage to it, but that would be about it. it's too durable for him to realistically take it out before it poisoned him. i wonder if the poison would drive him berserk before it killed him though. if it did, he would def become a threat--similar to a true warrior mad thor. /shrug
I should have mentioned no BFR.

Having said that, I don't see him getting ANY wins against Enchantress, Loki, or Malekith. I see him getting the majority against Skurge but only after a long, brutal fight. Skurge's axe is no joke and has actual powers (unlike Hercules' mace) and Skurge's physical stats are near CL100 levels. Regarding CLASSIC Ulik, I see it going 50/50. Classic Ulik has made Thor with Mjolnir work hard for victories.

Finally, the Midgard Serpent. Why does this guy get no respect? He's classic Thor's greatest foe (in myth and comics). I would think a Serpent capable of crushing a planet would outmuscle Herc easily, "warrior madness" or no.
https://s14.postimg.cc/c8mrmkr2l/image.jpg
Speaking of the Serpent's poison, it's powerful enough to kill an Asgardian god and even the Enchantress' magic couldn't do anything to negate it.
https://s14.postimg.cc/l4xjpzue5/image.jpg

leonidas
ulik is nothing new to someone like herc, and while ulik has on occasion given thor some trouble, thor has also easily beaten him down and would do so without effort if he didn't brawl. ulik def loses almost every time imo after doing well in most of the fights. herc has some really good durability showings--more than enough to have him beating ulik for sure.

thor has easily handled skurge as well, and his axe has always performed better in OTHER people's hands. herc is more skilled, stronger and has better durability than skurge does, so minus some really exotic weapon use (something i'd need to see him doing several times), herc would handle skurge more easily than he has handled ares.

the magician's have too many options. like i said. in the same way they would beat any essentially one-dimensional character.

the serpent would also win. like i said. you'd think a serpent capable of crushing a planet could out-muscle thor too, but...not how it's gone when they fight. lack of mobility would be the difference though. no way herc could dodge and avoid strikes the way thor could. minus a massive lightning strike, (that may or may not be enough to put it down) the serpent would destroy unworthy thor just as easily. if the magician's fight smart, they would also beat down unworthy thor like they would herc.

zopzop
Originally posted by leonidas
ulik is nothing new to someone like herc, and while ulik has on occasion given thor some trouble, thor has also easily beaten him down and would do so without effort if he didn't brawl. ulik def loses almost every time imo after doing well in most of the fights. herc has some really good durability showings--more than enough to have him beating ulik for sure.

thor has easily handled skurge as well, and his axe has always performed better in OTHER people's hands. herc is more skilled, stronger and has better durability than skurge does, so minus some really exotic weapon use (something i'd need to see him doing several times), herc would handle skurge more easily than he has handled ares.
I see your point regarding Ulik but I don't understand your low view of Skurge. Skurge and Ares have comparable physical stats and SKurge got the superior weapon. Ares has done well vs Hercules and I think Skurge with his Axe would definitely do just as well if not better. That axe has cut and killed some powerful people and if Skurge lands a hit, it's all over for Hercules. He can use the axe to freeze Hercules in place, if only for a moment, then cut his head off.

I agree 100% here.

Thor has struggled physically with the Serpent. The best he's ever done is lift a toe or a foot. In fact, without Mjolnir (the item that delivered the killing blow) I think the Serpent would annihilate Thor in a physical fight. At first I thought the Serpent had been retconned in the mid/late 90s as being only a few miles long and hence, not a world breaker (as it was portrayed in the classic Thor issues), but the relatively recent Loki : Agent of Asgard series stated otherwise. It took the All Mother sacrificing herself to put the Serpent down.

riv6672

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by zopzop

I see your point regarding Ulik but I don't understand your low view of Skurge. Skurge and Ares have comparable physical stats and SKurge got the superior weapon. Ares has done well vs Hercules and I think Skurge with his Axe would definitely do just as well if not better. That axe has cut and killed some powerful people and if Skurge lands a hit, it's all over for Hercules. He can use the axe to freeze Hercules in place, if only for a moment, then cut his head off.

I agree 100% here.

Thor has struggled physically with the Serpent. The best he's ever done is lift a toe or a foot. In fact, without Mjolnir (the item that delivered the killing blow) I think the Serpent would annihilate Thor in a physical fight. At first I thought the Serpent had been retconned in the mid/late 90s as being only a few miles long and hence, not a world breaker (as it was portrayed in the classic Thor issues), but the relatively recent Loki : Agent of Asgard series stated otherwise. It took the All Mother sacrificing herself to put the Serpent down.
Serpent is heavy as shiet and strong as shiet. Many heralds would struggle with the serpent.

zopzop
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Serpent is heavy as shiet and strong as shiet. Many heralds would struggle with the serpent.
I know which is strange given how little respect he gets in comics and on the forum. Loki considered him the 'doomsday device' to annihilate the Earth.

PS I also see little to no love for Skurge. If this was purely a h2h fight, Hercules would win after a good match, every single time. But this isn't a purely h2h fight, this is a fight with Skurge's axe, the Blood Axe. Not only is this thing deadly, it's cut Perrikus and Desak, it has energy projection powers too (fire, ice, mystic bolts, etc..). Skurge can freeze Hercules in place for a moment, then behead him.

DarkSaint85
Loki considered him the 'doomsday device' to annihilate the Earth.

Tbf, Loki doesn't know crap about what devices and weapons can or cannot do stick out tongue

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_medium/11132/111321350/6293797-the+mighty+thor+%282015-%29+704-010.jpg

I jest!!!

zopzop
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Tbf, Loki doesn't know crap about what devices and weapons can or cannot do stick out tongue
I jest!!!
LOL. But what do you think of Hercules' chances against these classic Thor foes?

Stoic
How does Immortal Hercules with is Adamantine Mace do against some classic Thor foes? Who can he beat for the majority? This isn't a gauntlet and it's not in any particular order.
So it's this guy :
https://s14.postimg.cc/5zs91jwqp/a906f52624aaa08dff9039d2b4c0f10d--marvel-characters-marvel-heroe.jpg
vs these guys/gals
Enchantress
Loki
Malekith
Midgard Serpent
Skurge the Executioner

I think that he can defeat them all. I wonder how well he'd do against Durok?

zopzop
Originally posted by Stoic
I think that he can defeat them all.
Explain!!!!!!!!!!!

Durok would break Herc in two.

carver9
I think that he can defeat them all. I wonder how well he'd do against Durok?

Agreed.

leonidas
lol no he wouldn't.... but it seems you put him in matches you think he has no chance of winning, sooooo...not sure the point. /shrug

Stoic

Explain!!!!!!!!!!!

Durok would break Herc in two.

Sorry had to step away for a bit.

At least in a comic. Old School Loki would likely be his toughest opponent. Nouveau/New Loki, not so much. Herc can lift the Midgard serpent as well. Herc can lift just over half of the Earth's weight alone. The Serpent was also susceptible to blows from Thor, so Hercules should be able to hurt it as well. Not to mention his movement advantage. herc would be able to put in more attacks.

One question, when have you ever seen Hercules as a light weight? He'd definitely beat up on the majority of Galactus' Heralds, so I'm wondering why you'd believe that any of these characters would defeat him? In a comic with plot dialog, sure, but the majority are pretty much oneshots if he's hitting with Herald breaking force.

I'm not closed to other peoples interpretations of how it could go down, but for now, I see a rampaging Hercules as a real threat to any of them.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Thor could only defeat the Midgard Serpent through cutting loose. Thor is significantly more powerful and hits much harder.

Enchantress - Amora.
Loki - Loki.
CLASSIC Ulik with pounders - Hercules.
Malekith - Malekith.
Midgard Serpent - Serpent.
Skurge the Executioner - Close. Bloodaxe in play might be too much.

zopzop
Sorry had to step away for a bit.

At least in a comic. Old School Loki would likely be his toughest opponent. Nouveau/New Loki, not so much. Herc can lift the Midgard serpent as well. Herc can lift just over half of the Earth's weight alone. The Serpent was also susceptible to blows from Thor, so Hercules should be able to hurt it as well. Not to mention his movement advantage. herc would be able to put in more attacks.

One question, when have you ever seen Hercules as a light weight? He'd definitely beat up on the majority of Galactus' Heralds, so I'm wondering why you'd believe that any of these characters would defeat him? In a comic with plot dialog, sure, but the majority are pretty much oneshots if he's hitting with Herald breaking force.

I'm not closed to other peoples interpretations of how it could go down, but for now, I see a rampaging Hercules as a real threat to any of them.
IMHO, even current Loki would be a little too much to handle for Hercules. Mindphuckery, intangibility, and a host of other nasty things he can do would mess up Hercules' day.

Quick question, why do you believe Hercules can lift the Serpent? The Serpent is large enough to encircle the Earth AND strong enough to crush it in his coils. Even IF Hercules could lift the Serpent (Thor himself couldn't' do it and Thor is a peer to Hercules strength wise), it would take EVERYTHING he had to do it, meanwhile the Serpent would just be wailing on him. This doesn't even take into account the Serpent's poison which is powerful enough to kill a god, or the Serpent's teeth which are strong enough to punch a hole in a god (jobber Rhino impaled Thor himself with a horn made from a PIECE of the Serpent's tooth).

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Thor could only defeat the Midgard Serpent through cutting loose. Thor is significantly more powerful and hits much harder.

Not only that. Just recently it took the All Mother sacrificing her life to put the Serpent down.

Facee
So it's this guy :
vs these guys/gals
Enchantress
Loki
Malekith
Midgard Serpent
Skurge the Executioner

He beats Ulik and Skurge. Loses to the rest. And just for fun loses to Kurse.

krisblaze
I'm not convinced that Enchantress wouldn't just go down after a punch or two.

Sin I AM
new loki is arguably more powerful than old loki

riv6672
Originally posted by krisblaze
Sicko.

zopzop
Originally posted by krisblaze
If she's stupid enough to go toe to toe with him h2h then, yeah, she doesn't last
long. Luckily, Amora isn't stupid.

What do you think Herc's chances are against the other opponents?
Originally posted by Sin I AM
new loki is arguably more powerful than old loki
I agree. Now what do you think about the other fights?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.