Was Dooku a light-sith?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kurk
Why or why not?

If not, which individuals would constitute as a 'light sith' and why?

Galan007
Canon is pretty consistent, imo: Dooku is an evil mofo, who is fully engrossed in the dark side -- a bonafide Sith Lord. There is no better example of this than Dark Disciple.

In Legends I suppose there is some evidence to suggest that Dooku may have been a bit conflicted at times(ie. Dark Rendezvous), but there are also several other sources(like the Republic comic series, for example) that establish him as a completely evil/corrupted Sith Lord.

What do you think, Kurk? I know Dooku's your character, so surely you have an opinion here?

Lord Stark
Not really lightsided just more of a raw pragmatist

Kurk

Darth Thor
^ Yes jump on the Anakin wagon Kurk.

Unbowed
He was a lite-Sith, yes. Not a real one like Maul or Sidious.

ILS
The answer is no. What even is a "light Sith" other than a schizophrenic?

Kurk
Originally posted by Darth Thor
^ Yes jump on the Anakin wagon Kurk. He's similar to Anakin in that the person I'm thinking about is a 'neutral' character with great natural talent. If converted to the Sith cause this individual could do wonders in advancing human-kind. Right now he is held back by societal standards much like Anakin was b jedi values. And unlike Dooku or Anakin, this person exists on our world smile .

Originally posted by Unbowed
He was a lite-Sith, yes. Not a real one like Maul or Sidious.
So do you have to buy the full app in order to get the entire Sith version?

Originally posted by ILS
I'm not sure myself. The dark-side, the light-side, the sith, the jedi (I guess you can even throw in the Jensaarai too) all operate separately from one another.

In a nutshell, the Sith are about progression and obtaining individual freedom while the Jedi are about maintaining the status quo and preventing conflict (idk wtf the Jensaarai are about).

Each faction tends to align with the side of the force of their choosing, but that doesn't necessarily mean they need to in theory. Dark-siders simply draw their power from intense, volatile emotions (e.g anger, fear, hatred, maybe even short-term love/passion) while light-siders depend on a steady, long-term zen state with stable attitudes/emotions.

Yeah, correct me if you want.

Lord Stark
The only reason Dooku seems like a light sith is because while Vader and Maul were Sidious' apprentices in that they enforced his will through combat, Dooku was Sidious' political apprentice. So like how the nice Chancellor Palpatine appeared to be a caring political leader, Count Dooku was the benign political leader of a galactic confederation. In reality, both were ruthless dictators by the end of it all.

Remember when they murdered Mina Bonteri mid peace treaty? That was some gangsta shit.

Freedon Nadd
His thoughts were never explored - so..

Nephthys
No.

Originally posted by ILS

It's largely something Swtor invented. More of an honorable blood knight than a thug with a lightsaber.

Freedon Nadd
Light Sith -_-

What's next - Gray Sith?

JKBart
bring
me
thanos

Freedon Nadd
Thinos*

victreebelvictr
no, it is thanos, freedon your corrections are also a failure.

Freedon Nadd
Originally posted by victreebelvictr
no, it is thanos, freedon your corrections are also a failure.

Your feeble skills are no match for the power of the Pun Side!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.