Wonder Woman VS Thanos (without IG)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

danielgamer
Wonder Woman VS Thanos (without Infinity Gauntlet)

Diana VS Base Thanos

Diana from DCEU

carthage
Thanos clobbers her

Rage.Of.Olympus
Thanos two pieces her.

Psychotron
Does Diana have her sword? She decaps him if she does. Thanos was pretty slow.

h1a8
WW with ease

$on OF krypton
WW should be as strong as a base thanos, and with extreme fighting skills, i feel she edges this one.

Adam Grimes
What people don't get is that we haven't seen base Thanos yet. When he first appeared in IW he already had the power stone amping him.

Inhuman
The Russos said this in an interview about base Thanos (no gems) "He's unbeatable on the battlefield, stronger than the Hulk..."
03:35
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIXT42Bo9Z0

BruceSkywalker
Diana gets beat up, pure and simple

Psychotron
Originally posted by Adam Grimes
What people don't get is that we haven't seen base Thanos yet. When he first appeared in IW he already had the power stone amping him.

I don't recall him using the power stone against Hulk. He just beat him up. The movie pointed out that he has to squeeze his fist to use the stones.

Khazra Reborn
Thanos, easily.

xPRIMEx
Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
Thanos, easily.

juggernaut74
Wonder Woman wins, we never saw Thanos withouth the IG.

He was almost defeated by the Guardians, Spidey, and Iron Man WITH the IG.

Khazra Reborn
Originally posted by juggernaut74

So, Wonder Woman can shut down people's minds now? That's new.

SquallX
So, Wonder Woman can shut down people's minds now? That's new.

Prior to the mind thing, Thanos was being worked over. He won because of the gems.

xPRIMEx

He stomped the Hulk without using the infinity stone

h1a8
Thanos durability was not spectacular. Plus he's not fast as WW. WW has the sword right?

Khazra Reborn
Originally posted by SquallX
Prior to the mind thing, Thanos was being worked over. He won because of the gems.

More like mildly annoyed. After that he merked everyone easily, when he got mad.

Silent Master
Context is hard for some people to understand.

juggernaut74
Originally posted by h1a8
Thanos durability was not spectacular. Plus he's not fast as WW. WW has the sword right? I guess I assumed she had all of her weapons, Lasso included.Originally posted by Silent Master
Context is hard for some people to understand. Let me guess, the Marvel guy wins amirite?

Silent Master
Don't know, haven't seen the movie yet.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Thanos durability was not spectacular. Plus he's not fast as WW. WW has the sword right?

What?

He physically beat the utter shit out of the Hulk like he was a chump and tanked his punches like a champ. He's way above top tier strength without the Gems.

juggernaut74
Hulk ain't shit no more.

Silent Master
That's not how things work. Hulk losing a fight doesn't necessarily lower his stock. It depends on the level of his opponent. Losing to Thanos is hardly a bad showing.

juggernaut74
Originally posted by Silent Master
That's not how things work. Hulk losing a fight doesn't necessarily lower his stock. It depends on the level of his opponent. Losing to Thanos is hardly a bad showing. It's not loosing to Thanos that's the problem, it's how easily he lost to him.

Silent Master
It's not loosing to Thanos that's the problem, it's how easily he lost to him.

Just means that Thanos is that strong.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Ftr, Thanos withstood everything the Avengers and Guardians could throw at him completely unharmed. It was only Iron Man after repeated assaults was able to draw a single drop of blood.

He also palmed, Nebula's sword, Iron Man's sword, Strange's sword etc unharmed. I doubt Wonder Woman could hurt him. He can definitely beat the utter shit out of her though. Her only hope is if her sword can even the odds..

h1a8
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
What?

He physically beat the utter shit out of the Hulk like he was a chump and tanked his punches like a champ. He's way above top tier strength without the Gems.

He was cut by IM. Thanos had on armor when he fought Hulk. Why exaggerate? Thanos was being knocked around like a chump by Hulk.

That showing wasn't a good durability feat.

h1a8
That's not how things work. Hulk losing a fight doesn't necessarily lower his stock. It depends on the level of his opponent. Losing to Thanos is hardly a bad showing. Thanos didn't appear powerful though.

Silent Master
Thanos didn't appear powerful though.

You're aware that he easily beat The Hulk, correct?

Estacado
The reason he was getting knocked around cause he was playing even Maw noted "let him have his fun"....

Nephthys
Ftr, Thanos withstood everything the Avengers and Guardians could throw at him completely unharmed. It was only Iron Man after repeated assaults was able to draw a single drop of blood.

He also palmed, Nebula's sword, Iron Man's sword, Strange's sword etc unharmed. I doubt Wonder Woman could hurt him. He can definitely beat the utter shit out of her though. Her only hope is if her sword can even the odds..

If Gamora was able to stab him then Diana can too as far as I'm concerned. With her strength roughly equal to his and being faster than him she should be able to manage it.

SquallX
More like mildly annoyed. After that he merked everyone easily, when he got mad.

Because he had the gems.

Without the gems, the team would have beating him in the end.

Inhuman
Originally posted by Nephthys
If Gamora was able to stab him then Diana can too as far as I'm concerned. With her strength roughly equal to his and being faster than him she should be able to manage it.

Gamora stabbed a fake version of him in a fake reality that the reality stone presented to her. It was a test that Thanos put forth for her.

The Ellimist

h1a8
You're aware that he easily beat The Hulk, correct?

That seemed like a low showing for Hulk. Hulk didn't appear to be getting hit that hard, nor did he hit Thanos very hard either.

And a slam to the ground koed him?

Anyway, beating up Hulk has nothing to with his durability.
IM drew blood from him. That means WW should be able to as well.

juggernaut74

NemeBro
Diana with pretty much no effort. Much like the comics, Marvel hates speed feats it seems.

The Sorrow
No one is beating Thanos 1v1 in a brawl, her only chance is to cut his head off.

Estacado
Why didnt Diana just cut Steppenwolf's head off?

SquallX

SquallX

Rage.Of.Olympus
Thanos would palm her sword and pummel her into a coma. He's stronger than than the Hulk but is supremely intelligent and clearly skilled.

Wonder Woman could speed blitz Thanos, if she was as fast as Clark...as it stands, thinking she could suddenly beat Thanos through speed, ignores literally everything we've seen in her fights on screen.

That seemed like a low showing for Hulk. Hulk didn't appear to be getting hit that hard, nor did he hit Thanos very hard either.

And a slam to the ground koed him?

Anyway, beating up Hulk has nothing to with his durability.
IM drew blood from him. That means WW should be able to as well.

Iron Man with constant high powered attacks (Including the rest of the battle) drew a single drop of blood.

That's Wonder Woman's hope? That she might be able to do the damage of a paper cut? Haha.

Hulk was knocked out by the time Thanos lifted him up.

And Iron Man is an entirely different level now.

The Sorrow
If Thanos fights any of the so called heralds with the same level of brutality as he did against Hulk, it ends pretty quickly.

BruceSkywalker
I can only recall once when Dian speedblitzed and that was when Steve exploded in mid air

juggernaut74
She used speedblitz in Justice League.

WolvesofBabylon
Originally posted by The Sorrow
If Thanos fights any of the so called heralds with the same level of brutality as he did against Hulk, it ends pretty quickly.

Including Superman? No way. Id give Stormbreaker Thor the win vs Thanos.

The Sorrow
Originally posted by WolvesofBabylon
Including Superman? No way. Id give Stormbreaker Thor the win vs Thanos.
I'm sure Superman can knock him around but I haven't seen enough from him to convince me he has the power to ko Thanos. Nothing any of the Avengers did was able to hurt him before Stormbreaker not even the Hulk or "Thunder god" Thor stood a chance solo and they have at least comparable power feats.

Storm breaker is the only reason Thor stands a chance but if Thanos disarms him like Kurse did then it's a wrap.

Estacado
Seriously what thd hell are you guys talking about?

Team would have beaten Thanos?

The best they could hope for was to steal the gauntlet and make a run for it..

Who would have beaten him Spidey? Iron Man who's best effert drew 1 drop of blood? Strange could have bfrd him for a few seconds and thats it.

The only reason he didnt just reality warp them was plot...

Psychotron
Originally posted by The Sorrow
I'm sure Superman can knock him around but I haven't seen enough from him to convince me he has the power to ko Thanos. Nothing any of the Avengers did was able to hurt him before Stormbreaker not even the Hulk or "Thunder god" Thor stood a chance solo and they have at least comparable power feats.

Storm breaker is the only reason Thor stands a chance but if Thanos disarms him like Kurse did then it's a wrap.

Iron Man drew blood from him. Superman can take him out with a barrage of punches at Flash-level speed.

Silent Master
Originally posted by Psychotron
Iron Man drew blood from him. Superman can take him out with a barrage of punches at Flash-level speed.

I missed DCEU Superman using that tactic, can you post the clip?

The Sorrow
Lol a scratch on his skin? What does that prove? Thanos all but laughed off the attack. Tonys armour was pretty uber too.

Josh_Alexander
Does Diana have her sword? She decaps him if she does. Thanos was pretty slow.

laughing out loud

Josh_Alexander
Thanos stomp. Simply, Thanos kidsplayed Thor and Hulk. Diana gets split in half...

DCEU is shit-stomped on the power scale. The only real rival for Thanos here would be Superman, and that's cause of the speed ONLY.

Cause Thanos pretty much overpowers Superman in every other aspect.

Conclusion: Stop your stupidity.

SquallX

Silent Master
I noticed you haven't posted the clip where dceu Superman was throwing punches at flash level speed, why is that?

NemeBro
hr-TY2y_-pw

2:18.

That was against a guy about as fast as he is. Against Thanos, who won't be able to dodge them at all, or even flinch as the blows connect, he will have no defense.

8-yCd2386a0

3:34 we also see that Superman can easily avoid blows from Steppenwolf, who is at least able to tag characters who are much quicker with better reflex feats than Thanos like Diana.

Also holy shit Steppenwolf's CGI is so phucking bad. Jesus Christ. facepalm

xPRIMEx
Thanos stomps

WolvesofBabylon
Originally posted by Josh_Alexander
Thanos stomp. Simply, Thanos kidsplayed Thor and Hulk. Diana gets split in half...

DCEU is shit-stomped on the power scale. The only real rival for Thanos here would be Superman, and that's cause of the speed ONLY.

Cause Thanos pretty much overpowers Superman in every other aspect.

Conclusion: Stop your stupidity.

What evidence do you have that Thanos w/o IG overpowers Superman?

Darth Thor
Originally posted by NemeBro

Also holy shit Steppenwolf's CGI is so phucking bad. Jesus Christ. facepalm

Anyone else notice the cartoony War Machine CGI in Rhodes final shot?

Silent Master
Didn't remember that Flash scene, not exactly what I was asking for. but close enough.

Psychotron
laughing out loud

Solid argument, mate.

Putinbot1
Didn't remember that Flash scene, not exactly what I was asking for. but close enough. Fair Play Silent Master, I have never seen you admit you are wrong before. Kudos to you! And yeah Superman is too fast and too strong, think about the terraforming feat. Also too versatile freeze breath and heat vision.

Josh_Alexander
What evidence do you have that Thanos w/o IG overpowers Superman?

He kidsplayed Hulk, who based on evidence oscillates on the same strength scale.

Josh_Alexander
Solid argument, mate.

Your opinion is respected fellow.

Psychotron
Your opinion is respected fellow.

Then give me a real reply with a thought out argument. Because as I see it Thanos can't react to WW and if she can cut DD she can definitely cut him.

carthage
Ludendorff reacted to her just fine
Thanos gives her the pimp hand

SquallX
Originally posted by carthage

Jesus man! Now your using a Diana at least 50 years before JL as a way to downplay her now?

I guess you magically forget what she did afterword against her fight with Ares now?

carthage
Proof she got any faster between Jl and her solo film?

SquallX
Proof she got any faster between Jl and her solo film?

Proof Hulk got stronger from the 1st Avenger to IW?

Psychotron

That's a good feat for Ludendorff then. Too bad we've seen Diana move faster than bullets, so we can quantify her speed. Until Thanos gets some speed feats he can't tag her.

carthage
Ludendorff bullet timer confirmed

Josh_Alexander
Then give me a real reply with a thought out argument. Because as I see it Thanos can't react to WW and if she can cut DD she can definitely cut him.

I remember Thanos reacting pretty much well to Spiderman which is pretty much fast plus he was being constantly teleported by Dr. Strange! Teleportation is instant which already makes Thanos' reflexes enough to face a fast pased opponent.

Also, i don't see Diana cutting Thanos in no freaking way!

Plus, the moment Diana gets caught by Thanos, she is dead boy. DEAD!

Originally posted by SquallX
Jesus man! Now your using a Diana at least 50 years before JL as a way to downplay her now?

I guess you magically forget what she did afterword against her fight with Ares now?

What does age have to do with this? Where in the movie is it stated that Diana gets faster the older she gets!?

That's a good feat for Ludendorff then. Too bad we've seen Diana move faster than bullets, so we can quantify her speed. Until Thanos gets some speed feats he can't tag her.

Thanos >>> Ludendorff, Ares, Steppenwolf together! Diana gets stomped dude!

Just like Thor did, just like Hulk did, just like IM did, just like Iron Spider did, just like Captain did.

Psychotron
Thanos is more powerful than those guys, sure. Doesn't mean he has the speed to keep up with Diana. Stop trying to shift the argument. This isn't about raw power.

Josh_Alexander
Thanos is more powerful than those guys, sure. Doesn't mean he has the speed to keep up with Diana. Stop trying to shift the argument. This isn't about raw power.

Diana won't speed forever dude. Unless you can prove she has unlimited stamina, which she doesn't. And what evidence do you have of Diana being fast enough to not get hit or caught by Thanos.

Remember, Thanos coped easily with fast beings like Gamora and Spiderman, which speeds could rival Diana's. Sure, Diana got a hell of slow motion scenes making reference of his speed, but that doesn't make her 'faster' than MCU counterparts.

Also, Thanos played Thor, which is fast enough to cope Hela. Hela got insane speed feats on her behalf.

Diana loses this one badly dude.

NemeBro
Diana can deflect natural lightning after it is fired. She's considerably faster than any MCU character I recall but QS.

h1a8
I remember Thanos reacting pretty much well to Spiderman which is pretty much fast plus he was being constantly teleported by Dr. Strange! Teleportation is instant which already makes Thanos' reflexes enough to face a fast pased opponent.

Also, i don't see Diana cutting Thanos in no freaking way!

Plus, the moment Diana gets caught by Thanos, she is dead boy. DEAD!

What does age have to do with this? Where in the movie is it stated that Diana gets faster the older she gets!?

Thanos >>> Ludendorff, Ares, Steppenwolf together! Diana gets stomped dude!

Just like Thor did, just like Hulk did, just like IM did, just like Iron Spider did, just like Captain did.

Spiderman hit him quite a few times prior (because Thanos was distracted trying to get the Cape off.)
Spiderman was actually attacking slowly, as he was web swinging and saying stuff like "magic with a kick" BEFORE the hit lands. Thanos caught Spidey in mid sentence.

So any human could have reacted to Spidey in that situation. Not a reaction feat.

Diana can see bullets in slow motion. How much slower would Thanos appear to her in a non PIS forum fight?

Psychotron
Diana won't speed forever dude. Unless you can prove she has unlimited stamina, which she doesn't. And what evidence do you have of Diana being fast enough to not get hit or caught by Thanos.

Remember, Thanos coped easily with fast beings like Gamora and Spiderman, which speeds could rival Diana's. Sure, Diana got a hell of slow motion scenes making reference of his speed, but that doesn't make her 'faster' than MCU counterparts.

Also, Thanos played Thor, which is fast enough to cope Hela. Hela got insane speed feats on her behalf.

Diana loses this one badly dude.

She doesn't need to. One slice of Thanos' neck and it's over.

Gamora and Parker are nowhere near the same league as Diana. Hell, Spider-man can't even handle freaking Star Lord. She's faster because she has better on-screen speed feats.

Hela was dominating Thor so don't see the connection here.

Josh_Alexander
She doesn't need to. One slice of Thanos' neck and it's over.

Gamora and Parker are nowhere near the same league as Diana. Hell, Spider-man can't even handle freaking Star Lord. She's faster because she has better on-screen speed feats.

Hela was dominating Thor so don't see the connection here.

Dude. You realize that it was an illusion?

Spidey's ignorance doesnt make him slower than Diana for God's sake.

Psychotron
Dude. You realize that it was an illusion?

Spidey's ignorance doesnt make him slower than Diana for God's sake.

Thanos' neck is illusory? Whoa...

No, his feats do.

Josh_Alexander
Thanos' neck is illusory? Whoa...

No, his feats do.

So you think the Collector is still a alive?

laughing out loud Go watch the movie.

Psychotron
So you think the Collector is still a alive?

laughing out loud Go watch the movie.

Who the **** is talking about the Collector? I'll break this down for you.

1. Does Thanos have a neck?
2. Does Wonder Woman have a sword capable of cutting said neck?
3. Does Thanos have the speed feats necessary to stop her from cutting it?

Josh_Alexander
Who the **** is talking about the Collector? I'll break this down for you.

1. Does Thanos have a neck?
2. Does Wonder Woman have a sword capable of cutting said neck?
3. Does Thanos have the speed feats necessary to stop her from cutting it?

1. He does.
2. No she doesnt. Is the sword Stormbreaker?
3. She will get tired and get necksnapped.

Inhuman
Nebula slashed Thanos on his skin a few times with her sword and didn't not cut him. Nebula has shown to have a degree of super strength as well.

Psychotron
1. He does.
2. No she doesnt. Is the sword Stormbreaker?
3. She will get tired and get necksnapped.

She has a sword that cut Doomsday's hand off easily. DD>Thanos in durability feats.

Originally posted by Inhuman
Nebula slashed Thanos on his skin a few times with her sword and didn't not cut him. Nebula has shown to have a degree of super strength as well.

That's nice. Good thing Diana is leagues above Nebula.

Darth Thor
She has a sword that cut Doomsday's hand off easily. DD>Thanos in durability feats

No, because he showed himself to be more durable than Thor, who took the Force of a Star.

Josh_Alexander
She has a sword that cut Doomsday's hand off easily. DD>Thanos in durability feats.

That's nice. Good thing Diana is leagues above Nebula.

If she could barely handle Steppenwolf how does she even hope to be worthy of meeting the Mad Titan in a 1-1?

Dont make me laugh!!!

Adam Grimes
Originally posted by Darth Thor
No, because he showed himself to be more durable than Thor, who took the Force of a Star. Piercing damage isn't the same. Also the star feat, while phucking cool, I admit is a huge outlier tbh.

Psychotron
If she could barely handle Steppenwolf how does she even hope to be worthy of meeting the Mad Titan in a 1-1?

Dont make me laugh!!!

By being faster than him and chopping his head off.

The only thing laughable here are your "arguments". Try responding with actual points instead of acting like a child.

No, because he showed himself to be more durable than Thor, who took the Force of a Star.

He didn't take it, he was almost killed. And it wasn't like he had to tank anything other than the heat, which as we've already discussed, is much lesser than that of a nuke, which also has a destructive kinetic component. DD tanked the nuke + re-entry and got back up without needing a magic axe to save him.

h1a8

Heat of a star.

FrothByte
To be fair, if Steppenwolf had no issues keeping up with WW what makes you guys think she can speedblitz Thanos who didn't seem any slower than Steppenwolf?

Josh_Alexander
By being faster than him and chopping his head off.

The only thing laughable here are your "arguments". Try responding with actual points instead of acting like a child.

He didn't take it, he was almost killed. And it wasn't like he had to tank anything other than the heat, which as we've already discussed, is much lesser than that of a nuke, which also has a destructive kinetic component. DD tanked the nuke + re-entry and got back up without needing a magic axe to save him.

If you think for a second that Steppenwolf is on Thanos' league, then debating this is useless!!

Darth Thor

He didn't take it, he was almost killed.

He took it for sometime first. He didnt Just instantly get KOd and start dying IIRC.

Estacado
Also its not like Diana was able to cut through Steppenwolf's armor.
He took a straight hit to the leg without taking any damage......while Arthur's trident easily went through it..

0.33...again Diana fails to do any damage.... get over yourselves WW fangirls...

mB1VEKvUPR0

Rage.Of.Olympus
Wonder Woman would get utterly demolished by Thanos, it's delusional to assume she has any chance. There are certain characters like Thor or Superman who can threaten Thanos. Wonder Woman is better off cheerleading. Her sword damaged Doomsday but as we saw against Doomsday himself and Steppenwolf, she'd get stomped against sufficiently strong characters whatever weapons she has. She's simply not on that level.

Thanos would palm her sword and stomp her 100%. It would be as useful as it was against gimp Ares, Steppenloser and Doomsday.

Psychotron
Wonder Woman would get utterly demolished by Thanos, it's delusional to assume she has any chance. There are certain characters like Thor or Superman who can threaten Thanos. Wonder Woman is better off cheerleading. Her sword damaged Doomsday but as we saw against Doomsday himself and Steppenwolf, she'd get stomped against sufficiently strong characters whatever weapons she has. She's simply not on that level.

Thanos would palm her sword and stomp her 100%. It would be as useful as it was against gimp Ares, Steppenloser and Doomsday.

She cut off Doomsday's hand. Good luck palming it when even Iron Man can draw blood from Thanos.

He took it for sometime first. He didnt Just instantly get KOd and start dying IIRC.

Okay, I can "take" getting shot in stomach for a few minutes before I bleed out and die. Can I say I tank bullets now?

Originally posted by FrothByte
To be fair, if Steppenwolf had no issues keeping up with WW what makes you guys think she can speedblitz Thanos who didn't seem any slower than Steppenwolf?

This is backwards logic. Steppenwolf kept up with Diana, so Diana, a confirmed bullet timer in two seperate movies, must be slow? It's far more logical to assume Steppenwolf had some enhanced speed himself.

FrothByte

This is backwards logic. Steppenwolf kept up with Diana, so Diana, a confirmed bullet timer in two seperate movies, must be slow? It's far more logical to assume Steppenwolf had some enhanced speed himself.

If you are going to assume Steppenwolf is a speedster then you need to assume Aquaman is also a speedster since he was matching Steppenwolf. Then we also need to assume the amazons were all speedsters since Steppenwolf wasn't exactly moving faster than him. And if Aquaman was a speedster then Cyborg probably is as well considering he wasn't moving any faster than Aquaman. Then we should probably consider both Ares and Luddendorf as speedsters because they kept up with Diana... even though there was no indication that they had superspeed.

Psychotron
If you are going to assume Steppenwolf is a speedster then you need to assume Aquaman is also a speedster since he was matching Steppenwolf. Then we also need to assume the amazons were all speedsters since Steppenwolf wasn't exactly moving faster than him. And if Aquaman was a speedster then Cyborg probably is as well considering he wasn't moving any faster than Aquaman. Then we should probably consider both Ares and Luddendorf as speedsters because they kept up with Diana... even though there was no indication that they had superspeed.

Or Steppenwolf wasn't using everything he had against them.

NemeBro
If you are going to assume Steppenwolf is a speedster then you need to assume Aquaman is also a speedster since he was matching Steppenwolf. Then we also need to assume the amazons were all speedsters since Steppenwolf wasn't exactly moving faster than him. And if Aquaman was a speedster then Cyborg probably is as well considering he wasn't moving any faster than Aquaman. Then we should probably consider both Ares and Luddendorf as speedsters because they kept up with Diana... even though there was no indication that they had superspeed. Yes, this is largely accurate. thumb up

DCEU is overall a much quicker setting than the MCU. I'm sorry if this bothers you.

FrothByte
Or Steppenwolf wasn't using everything he had against them.

That's an assumption. You'll need to prove it. Besides, it doesn't make sense. Why would Steppenwolf hold back that much? It also still doesn't explain how Steppenwolf kept up with both WW and Aquaman when there's no indication that Aquaman was ever a speedster. Either all of them were moving at superspeed - in which case you'd need an explanation of why Aquaman is a speedster - or all of them were not moving in superspeed.

Silent Master

Using their logic, everyone in comics is a speedster. as they have either tagged a speedster at some point or fought someone that has.

To be fair, I'm fairly sure he's just trolling for fun and doesn't actually believe what he's saying.

Josh_Alexander
The problem with MCU is that they don't explode the slow motion effects. Cause if we analyze the different movies we could argue that beings like Thor, Hulk, Vision and other characters are actually speedsters.

WolvesofBabylon
The problem with MCU is that they don't explode the slow motion effects. Cause if we analyze the different movies we could argue that beings like Thor, Hulk, Vision and other characters are actually speedsters.

How could you argue that? MCU has had a Speedster and provided feats to prove it. So if those guys were Speedsters, they would show it.

FrothByte
I think the main problem is that the DCEU is just so darn inconsistent with their power levels. I mean, every superhero movie suffers from power inconsistencies but the DCEU is just notoriously bad about it especially when it comes to superspeed.

Darth Thor

WolvesofBabylon
I think the main problem is that the DCEU is just so darn inconsistent with their power levels. I mean, every superhero movie suffers from power inconsistencies but the DCEU is just notoriously bad about it especially when it comes to superspeed.

Just wait until the Flash becomes like his comic or even CW counterpart. This forum will explode haha

Silent Master

Then you have people that just straight up lie, like saying that Wonder Woman used superspeed in certain scene, even though she was moving at the same speed as objects moving in the back ground. IOW, at normal speed.

Or the fact that they somehow forget to mention that Ares formed lightning into a bolt and then physical threw it at WW, instead they claim it was normal lightning and thus traveling at 1/3 light speed. They also just assume that lightning fired from a person must travel at the same speed as natural lightning.

Silent Master
Just wait until the Flash becomes like his comic or even CW counterpart. This forum will explode haha

The only hate will be in regards to how bad the movie is.

Josh_Alexander
How could you argue that? MCU has had a Speedster and provided feats to prove it. So if those guys were Speedsters, they would show it.

Every time Diana moves into a room full of bad guys, they slow the scenes and make it damn obvious she is fast.

Marvel doesn't do that, because it's stupid to make obvious what is already obvious.

Take Captain America for example. The first movie where he is fighting Red Skull's army. He is constantly blocking lasers (which are faster than bullets) and they never SLOW MO the entire scene in order to say, 'Oh he is fast!!!!'.

It's stupid.

Same thing with Thor. Same thing with Gamora and the other fighters.

Just because a scene isn't in slow motion doesn't mean they aren't fast!

Take Hela's fight in Asgard for instance:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kuh2DE-vEso

Asgardians are beyond humans in every aspect (speed included). Yet Hela is dodging and blocking blasters like if kid's play. Just because the scene isn't in slow motion doesn't mean WW is faster than Hela or that Hela isn't a speedster.

WolvesofBabylon
Every time Diana moves into a room full of bad guys, they slow the scenes and make it damn obvious she is fast.

Marvel doesn't do that, because it's stupid to make obvious what is already obvious.

Take Captain America for example. The first movie where he is fighting Red Skull's army. He is constantly blocking lasers (which are faster than bullets) and they never SLOW MO the entire scene in order to say, 'Oh he is fast!!!!'.

It's stupid.

Same thing with Thor. Same thing with Gamora and the other fighters.

Just because a scene isn't in slow motion doesn't mean they aren't fast!

Take Hela's fight in Asgard for instance:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kuh2DE-vEso

Asgardians are beyond humans in every aspect (speed included). Yet Hela is dodging and blocking blasters like if kid's play. Just because the scene isn't in slow motion doesn't mean WW is faster than Hela or that Hela isn't a speedster.

I dont consider Diana a speedster. Flash, Superman, Quicksilver(Fox and MCU). Those are speedsters. Unable to see them so thats why they slow down the scene otherwise to do what they do you wouldnt be able to see it happen.

Diana. Hela and others are fast but not Speedster fast. Captain America has been amped a bit but is in realltlypeak human and probabaly runs about 80 MPH tops. Nowhere near speedster or a speed humans cant perceive.

FrothByte

They'll probably dumb down Flash every other scene just to make him seem interesting at that point. That's basically what the TV show is doing.

Silent Master
They'll probably dumb down Flash every other scene just to make him seem interesting at that point. That's basically what the TV show is doing.

DC fanboys think power = good story. If Shaq had destroyed a moon during the movie Steel. DC fanboys would give it a 5 star rating and would be calling it a classic.

Josh_Alexander
I dont consider Diana a speedster. Flash, Superman, Quicksilver(Fox and MCU). Those are speedsters. Unable to see them so thats why they slow down the scene otherwise to do what they do you wouldnt be able to see it happen.

Diana. Hela and others are fast but not Speedster fast. Captain America has been amped a bit but is in realltlypeak human and probabaly runs about 80 MPH tops. Nowhere near speedster or a speed humans cant perceive.

Well that's a thing too. What do you call speedsters?

To me a speedster is anything that is beyond human to a point in where you can do stuff that normal persons would find impossible. Like dodging bullets, or fighting 10 persons at the same time without even getting punched/touched.

FrothByte
DC fanboys think power = good story. If Shaq had destroyed a moon during the movie Steel. DC fanboys would give it a 5 star rating and would be calling it a classic.

DC always had trouble with power caps (or the lack of). This can be traced all the way back to Adam West Batman and Reeve Superman. Awesome powers is great for making fanboys cream... not so great for good storytelling.

One of the main reasons why the TDK trilogy was so successful is because they stripped down Batman. Made him extremely crappy for vs. fights but made for a great storyline.

Adam Grimes
The two are not mutually exclusive though

Silent Master
Originally posted by Adam Grimes
The two are not mutually exclusive though

Tell that to DC, for the most part it seems like they can only do one or the other.

Psychotron
That's an assumption. You'll need to prove it. Besides, it doesn't make sense. Why would Steppenwolf hold back that much? It also still doesn't explain how Steppenwolf kept up with both WW and Aquaman when there's no indication that Aquaman was ever a speedster. Either all of them were moving at superspeed - in which case you'd need an explanation of why Aquaman is a speedster - or all of them were not moving in superspeed.

What you're asking me is like asking why prime Mike Tyson wouldn't go all out against a random street bum. He just doesn't need to. Steppenwolf may have been a shitty villain, but he did match the entire League without Superman. He was definitely powerful.

We've seen Wonder Woman move at super speed in two different movies, we've never seen Thanos react to anyone that fast. That's all that really needs to be said, but marvel fanboys can't accept the final boss of their movies could lose so easily.

PS. I hate DC too. Comic book movies are total garbage.

Josh_Alexander
What you're asking me is like asking why prime Mike Tyson wouldn't go all out against a random street bum. He just doesn't need to. Steppenwolf may have been a shitty villain, but he did match the entire League without Superman. He was definitely powerful.

We've seen Wonder Woman move at super speed in two different movies, we've never seen Thanos react to anyone that fast. That's all that really needs to be said, but marvel fanboys can't accept the final boss of their movies could lose so easily.

PS. I hate DC too. Comic book movies are total garbage.

Thanos breaks Diana's neck and then rapes her to balance the DC Universe.

After that, you can have your turn with Diana laughing out loud

h1a8

FrothByte
^ So why hasn't Diana consistently used her superspeed against her opponents then?

Psychotron
Thanos breaks Diana's neck and then rapes her to balance the DC Universe.

After that, you can have your turn with Diana laughing out loud

Are you 14?

h1a8

Josh_Alexander
Are you 14?

HAHAHA. At least you don't have wet dreams with Thor like Silent and Froth. Or with Snoke like Quanchi.

But don't worry, sure there will be enough left when Thanos finishes with her.

FrothByte
HAHAHA. At least you don't have wet dreams with Thor like Silent and Froth. Or with Snoke like Quanchi.

No, you just have fantasies of Thanos fisting you.

Josh_Alexander
No, you just have fantasies of Thanos fisting you.

HAHAHA. Hey Froth. I know you are angry because Thanos beat up Thor so badly he ain't have to force to take you anymore laughing out loud

Don't worry, surely Storm Breaker will recover your man.

FrothByte
There are a lot of logical explanations:
1. WW can probably only use her speed in short bursts, as she never used it continuously.
2. WW might only be able to use it against attacks with a straight and fixed trajectory like bullets or a dropped rock. She has not shown the ability to use it against variable, angled attacks like punches and kicks.

In the end, even if it is PIS (or not), it doesn't matter because we go by feats and she just doesn't have feats of consistently using her superspeed against skilled opponents. The only time she used it was to bullrush Ares but she couldn't maintain that pace, didn't use her superspeed to easily dodge his other attacks or use it to continuously attack.

Psychotron

Sorry to burst your bubble, but I hate the jew playing Wonder Woman. She is disgusting.

Josh_Alexander
Sorry to burst your bubble, but I hate the jew playing Wonder Woman. She is disgusting.

Hahaha. Well then maybe you are just nuts.

-Pr-
no expression

Darth Thor
Ouch

h1a8
There are a lot of logical explanations:
1. WW can probably only use her speed in short bursts, as she never used it continuously.
2. WW might only be able to use it against attacks with a straight and fixed trajectory like bullets or a dropped rock. She has not shown the ability to use it against variable, angled attacks like punches and kicks.

In the end, even if it is PIS (or not), it doesn't matter because we go by feats and she just doesn't have feats of consistently using her superspeed against skilled opponents. The only time she used it was to bullrush Ares but she couldn't maintain that pace, didn't use her superspeed to easily dodge his other attacks or use it to continuously attack.

The argument is about perception, not speed.
She sees bullets in slow motion. That means Thanos would appear to be a statue to her. The angle of attack is irrelevant.

She has consistently blocked more bullets (saw them in slow motion) than she has been hit by slower attacks. The consistently lies in the bullets.
Plus she has indeed blocked and dodged normal attacks in addition to that.

In a forum, it is assumed that WW would have her bullet time perceptions. Otherwise we will have an ordinary person with a gun able to beat her in a forum fight.

Silent Master
She sees bullets in slow motion. That means Thanos would appear to be a statue to her. The angle of attack is irrelevant.

She has consistently blocked more bullets (saw them in slow motion) than she has been hit by slower attacks. The consistently lies in the bullets.

In a forum, it is assumed that WW would have her bullet time perceptions. Otherwise we will have an ordinary person with a gun able to beat her in a forum fight.

No, in forums it is assumed that WW will fight in character. that means if she routinely doesn't use her superspeed when fighting hth. the same will hold true here.

FrothByte

In a forum, we go by feats. And she doesn't have feats of speed dodging every attack made by highly skilled non-speedster opponents. She dodges punches and kicks via her skill but still only utilizing normal speed. In the end, Thanos won't be shooting bullets at WW, he'll be engaging in melee. So we base this on Diana's melee feats and we know that even Luddendorf had no problems keeping up with Diana.

quanchi112

Arachnid1
Thanos is a great villain and all but lol @ him standing a chance against WW without the gauntlet. She flat out stomps him.

FrothByte
Originally posted by Arachnid1
Thanos is a great villain and all but lol @ him standing a chance against WW without the gauntlet. She flat out stomps him.

If she has a sword, she stands a chance at winning. If it's pure h2h she gets the crap beat out of her.

quanchi112

quanchi112

quanchi112

NemeBro
Using their logic, everyone in comics is a speedster. as they have either tagged a speedster at some point or fought someone that has.

To be fair, I'm fairly sure he's just trolling for fun and doesn't actually believe what he's saying. By and large, everyone in comics is a speedster, mostly in DC.

Superman? Wonder Woman? Green Lantern? All speedsters, faster than light, if still slower than Flash.

Marvel is a little more inconsistent, with guys like Thor possessing showings indicating he's as fast as the lightning he wields up to FTL, but also nearly always being shown as more sluggish than, say, Spiderman or Wolverine, two characters who are pretty firmly below that level in almost all of their showings.

The amount of mental gymnastics going on to downplay Diana's speed is laughable. "Oh, maybe her super speed only activates if she is under assault by attacks with a fixed and straight trajectory". laughing out loud

Fact is, Diana has feats of easily reacting to bullets and natural electricity (you didn't appear to notice that only the first lightning attack involved Ares gathering the lightning and throwing it as a projectile, the second he just redirected the lightning from the clouds to Diana in one arcing stream, you're welcome thumb up ). She is to be denied these feats because Steppenwolf can tag her? Why, because he wasn't given any explicit bullet-blocking or lightning-deflecting feats of his own? He can tag Diana (who is still noticeably faster than he is). He has nothing indicating he is notably slower than that either, that I can recall at least. That is enough to prove his relative speed level.

quanchi112
Do I need to post the embarrassing Ludendorff fight showing this untrained and slow character rocking and hitting WW. Thanos would crush her.

NemeBro
Weaker Diana before her awakening, so ultimately isn't really relevant.

quanchi112

NemeBro
Tell that to DC, for the most part it seems like they can only do one or the other. But All Star Superman is one of the best Superman stories, and Superman has some pretty wild feats in that story.

Silent Master
Originally posted by NemeBro
But All Star Superman is one of the best Superman stories, and Superman has some pretty wild feats in that story.

This is the movie forum and we are talking about their movies.

NemeBro
This is the movie forum and we are talking about their movies. Then your stances don't make sense. You say DC fans only care about power level. Yet the DCEU is not well-regarded by DC fans as a whole. Are you saying the fans think it is too weak?

Silent Master
I said DC fanboys

NemeBro
Is this not true of Marvel fanboys?

Silent Master
We'll have to wait for Marvel to make shitty movie and see how they react.

NemeBro
But they've already made Iron Man 2.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>