Superman (Justice League) Vs. Hulk beating Thanos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Putinbot1
No stones.

SquallX
Big S wins.

Nephthys
Thanos needs to be the version who fought on Titan to match Supes.

$on OF krypton
supes wins hands down

WolvesofBabylon
Superman beats any Thanos w/o IG

The Ellimist
Superman reigns

SquallX

Psychotron
Superman.

Josh_Alexander
Damnnnn....Unless Superman gets a kryptonite spear...Oh wait, Thanos ain't immune to Kryptonite.....Unless Superman gets Stormbreaker...Oh wait, Thanos survived a full impact of Stormbreaker in the chest....

Superman loses badly. Sorry, but Superman has no advantage.

TheBadguy
What thanos did early in the movie was not amped by IG he was not using the gems to do that. Supes only hope is speed

NemeBro
Superman with no effort. Thanos might as well be moving still.

Psychotron
Originally posted by Josh_Alexander

Aside from his versatility and speed. Also, his durability and strength are definitely in the same league as Thanos'. Frankly, I don't see what Thanos can do against a speed blitz from Superman. Even Wonder Woman couldn't react to him when he was pouring on the speed and she's a legit bullet timer.

Estacado
Superman because of speed.

Tbh if speed was equal I think Thanos would maul him, I just cant see him doing what T did in the first few minutes of the movie especially that easily.

WolvesofBabylon
Damnnnn....Unless Superman gets a kryptonite spear...Oh wait, Thanos ain't immune to Kryptonite.....Unless Superman gets Stormbreaker...Oh wait, Thanos survived a full impact of Stormbreaker in the chest....

Superman loses badly. Sorry, but Superman has no advantage.

No advantage? Thanos would be a statue.

Darth Thor
^ Yeah a bit silly claiming Superman has NO advantage. Obviously speed is a big advantage even if it doesnt give him the win.

SquallX

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by Psychotron
Aside from his versatility and speed. Also, his durability and strength are definitely in the same league as Thanos'. Frankly, I don't see what Thanos can do against a speed blitz from Superman. Even Wonder Woman couldn't react to him when he was pouring on the speed and she's a legit bullet timer.

I don't see Superman surviving a full blow from Stormbreaker, so he aint as durable as Thanos is, nor do I see Superman being more powerful than Ragnarok Thor or considerably stronger than the Hulk.

As i claimed, Speed is the only thing Superman got.

Originally posted by WolvesofBabylon
No advantage? Thanos would be a statue.

That is assuming Superman uses it. And still, i dont see Superman putting down Thanos with bare hands.

I agree, Superman would have inmunity as long as he keeps running!

But lets be reasonable here, Superman won't just run forever. Thanos will eventually grab him, and he will snap his neck as he did with Loki. Please!!!!

Psychotron
Iron Man drew blood from him and you think Superman punching him dozens or hundreds of times at super speed won't put him down? Lol.

Josh_Alexander
Iron Man drew blood from him and you think Superman punching him dozens or hundreds of times at super speed won't put him down? Lol.

Because the Hulk didnt....Lol.

Because Thor didnt...Lol.

Maybe, maybe Superman does make him bleed, after some dozens of hundreds of punches. Then he gets tired and gets snapped by the neck.

Psychotron
Superman has much better feats than Hulk and an unarmed Thor, so what's your point? Also, we never actually saw Thanos and Thor fight before he got Stormbreaker. We don't really know if Thor was stomped of if he managed to hold his own.

Unlikely, Thanos is not much stronger, if at all, and he has no way to keep up with Superman's speed.

In an actual fight even a small difference in speed is key, never mind a situation where one guy is thousands of times faster than the other.

Josh_Alexander
Superman has much better feats than Hulk and an unarmed Thor, so what's your point? Also, we never actually saw Thanos and Thor fight before he got Stormbreaker. We don't really know if Thor was stomped of if he managed to hold his own.

Unlikely, Thanos is not much stronger, if at all, and he has no way to keep up with Superman's speed.

In an actual fight even a small difference in speed is key, never mind a situation where one guy is thousands of times faster than the other.

Not strength feats. No strength feat portrayed by Superman can't be replicated by Hulk.

Lol, what are you saying? That Thor was able to cope Thanos? If that was the case, he wouldn't have need to almost suicide in order to get Stormbreaker. Thor hell as sure got stomped!

Agree to disagree. Thanos has to the moment better strength feats than Superman. As i said, Superman oscillates on the same strength level as Hulk.

If you want to claim that Superman will never stop running then he MIGHT win. But in a fair and realistic fight, Superman won't do that. Superman will eventually lower his guard, as he always does, and will get neck snapped by Thanos.

When we debate fights, specially fights like this in where both characters pertain to other universes, we try to make them as realistic as possible. Hell as sure you are allowed to speculate on the extremes (like Superman running forever) but that's pretty much unrealistic.

WolvesofBabylon
You are obviously a Thanos Fanboi and just making things up. Now Hulk can do whatever Superman did? Based on what? Your entitre Thanos strength argument is he beat up the Hulk?

Josh_Alexander
You are obviously a Thanos Fanboi and just making things up. Now Hulk can do whatever Superman did? Based on what? Your entitre Thanos strength argument is he beat up the Hulk?

You are obviously a Superman fanboy!

Well, stopping and killing a 600ton+ beast with one punch without much effort hell as sure puts Hulk in par with Superman strengthwise.

Psychotron
Not strength feats. No strength feat portrayed by Superman can't be replicated by Hulk.

Lol, what are you saying? That Thor was able to cope Thanos? If that was the case, he wouldn't have need to almost suicide in order to get Stormbreaker. Thor hell as sure got stomped!

Agree to disagree. Thanos has to the moment better strength feats than Superman. As i said, Superman oscillates on the same strength level as Hulk.

If you want to claim that Superman will never stop running then he MIGHT win. But in a fair and realistic fight, Superman won't do that. Superman will eventually lower his guard, as he always does, and will get neck snapped by Thanos.

When we debate fights, specially fights like this in where both characters pertain to other universes, we try to make them as realistic as possible. Hell as sure you are allowed to speculate on the extremes (like Superman running forever) but that's pretty much unrealistic.

Superman has strength feats like the Singularity and the World Engine feats, which shit all over Hulk. Then there are things like casually pulling an ice breaker and tectonic plates that put Hulk to shame.

No, I said we don't know how much effort Thanos had to put into beating Thor.

No, he doesn't. Feel free to provide some. Overpowering Hulk isn't more impressive than the feats I listed above since Hulk himself has nothing even remotely comparable.

Who's talking about running? Have you ever been in a fight or at least watched one? Have you ever heard of dodging, punching and counter-punching? Those take speed. Stop making shit up.

Josh_Alexander
Superman has strength feats like the Singularity and the World Engine feats, which shit all over Hulk. Then there are things like casually pulling an ice breaker and tectonic plates that put Hulk to shame.

No, I said we don't know how much effort Thanos had to put into beating Thor.

No, he doesn't. Feel free to provide some. Overpowering Hulk isn't more impressive than the feats I listed above since Hulk himself has nothing even remotely comparable.

Who's talking about running? Have you ever been in a fight or at least watched one? Have you ever heard of dodging, punching and counter-punching? Those take speed. Stop making shit up.

Singularity?...Tectonic plates? Which Superman are we talking here dude?

playa1258
Based on a news paper report from BVS for the tectonic plate feat. However its not accepted by many because it was not a feat shown on screen.

The world engine, ice ship and building feats are legit as they were done on screen and he has lip service statement by Batman saying he is strong than a planet.

h1a8
You are obviously a Superman fanboy!

Well, stopping and killing a 600ton+ beast with one punch without much effort hell as sure puts Hulk in par with Superman strengthwise.

Force equals change in momentum over change in time. It took Hulk more than 3 seconds to stop the thing. It wasnt instant. Superman and Zod knocking each other thru buildings where the steel beams collapse like tissue paper.

Also you can't take a character's best strength feat and transfer it to all other showings. Characters operate at different levels at different times in fiction.

Gladiator once busted a planet. Then later hit Colossus (with no effect). So did Colossus tank planet busting forces?

Thanos is stronger than Hulk and Thor. But that doesn't mean he is stronger than Superman. And if he is then the speed advantage would make that irrelevant.

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by h1a8
Force equals change in momentum over change in time. It took Hulk more than 3 seconds to stop the thing. It wasnt instant. Superman and Zod knocking each other thru buildings where the steel beams collapse like tissue paper.

Also you can't take a character's best strength feat and transfer it to all other showings. Characters operate at different levels at different times in fiction.

Gladiator once busted a planet. Then later hit Colossus (with no effect). So did Colossus tank planet busting forces?

Thanos is stronger than Hulk and Thor. But that doesn't mean he is stronger than Superman. And if he is then the speed advantage would make that irrelevant.

Irrelevant. Chitauri metal》》》Some steel beams.

Thanos》Superman.

Psychotron
Singularity?...Tectonic plates? Which Superman are we talking here dude?

Cavill's. Have you actually seen these movies or are you just shitposting?

Josh_Alexander
Cavill's. Have you actually seen these movies or are you just shitposting?

Show me Superman moving a Tectonic Plate PLEASEE!

And if you mean the Newspaper strip then PLEASE! To take that as evidence is irresponsible!!! Or do you believe everything you read on Newspaper?

Psychotron
Show me Superman moving a Tectonic Plate PLEASEE!

And if you mean the Newspaper strip then PLEASE! To take that as evidence is irresponsible!!! Or do you believe everything you read on Newspaper?

The paper was there for the audience, son. And considering he has casually towed an icebreaker it's not a stretch.

Josh_Alexander
The paper was there for the audience, son. And considering he has casually towed an icebreaker it's not a stretch.

A hyperbole. Nothing really to back it up. Hulk cant move a piece of Ice. Nahh

The Ellimist
Thanos tagging Superman makes about as much sense as Thanos slipping into the ocean from continental drift.

Psychotron
A hyperbole. Nothing really to back it up. Hulk cant move a piece of Ice. Nahh

Ah, no? It's written in a factual manner.

I said ICEBREAKER. Those weigh thousands of tons and Superman was easily towing one.

Juk3n
Lol at the comparison of Lokis durability vs supermans.

Superman fell at beyond the speed of sound through a mountain and into the ground with zero ill effects. Loki was smashed into a marble floor from a height of 3 meters 5 times with a force that only did 1 foot of rubble damage from the impact. And was incapacitated.

Nigga please.

Silent Master
Originally posted by Juk3n
Lol at the comparison of Lokis durability vs supermans.

Superman fell at beyond the speed of sound through a mountain and into the ground with zero ill effects. Loki was smashed into a marble floor from a height of 3 meters 5 times with a force that only did 1 foot of rubble damage from the impact. And was incapacitated.

Nigga please.

Who in this thread is comparing Loki's durability to Superman?

Darth Thor

Something written in a newspaper doesnt make it fact.

Besides forum rules are On Screen Feats Only.

Psychotron
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Something written in a newspaper doesnt make it fact.

Besides forum rules are On Screen Feats Only.

In real life that's true. When it's in a movie it's to convey certain information to the audience.

So I guess we don't things like Banner trying to kill himself and Hulk spitting out the bullet then.

$on OF krypton
Let hulk ragdoll steppenwolf (the uncle of darkseid) the way superman did, only then is he worthy of a challenge.
As for thanos, supes defeated doomsday while LOW ON RESERVES. I can bet my pants thanos will not survive a match with DD without the gaunlet.

Josh_Alexander

I said ICEBREAKER. Those weigh thousands of tons and Superman was easily towing one.

And Hulk cant do that? He stopped a Leviathan with ONE hand without even struggling.

Adam Grimes
Superman demolishes

Psychotron
And Hulk cant do that? He stopped a Leviathan with ONE hand without even struggling.

1. An Icebreaker is bigger than a Leviathan.
2. Hulk had to use his full force to slow it down and still needed Iron Man to finish it off.
3. Superman did it casually.

Josh_Alexander
2. Hulk had to use his full force to slow it down and still needed Iron Man to finish it off.

1. A Leviathan which Hulk stopped with one hand whilst Superman used both and was shitting his pants.

2. WTH? Hulk never used his full force, he was barely angry at all. And he never used his other hand!

3. Lol. Not as casually as Hulk did.

Estacado
The leviathan size is almost the same as an icebreaker....

Length: 300 ft (91 m, est); Weight: 12,000 tons (est)
Attributes: Bite, tail, armored, can deploy dozens of Chitauri soldiers, flight
Powers: None revealed
Intelligence: Low (controlled); Air Speed: Moderate
Kaiju Level: Two (middleweight); Weakness(es): None revealed
Allies: Loki, Thanos, Chitauri; Enemies: Humanity
Film: The Avengers (2012)

Rage.Of.Olympus

The bias in this post is ridiculous. Those things were massive and flew with enough momentum to easily smash through buildings.

Hulk stopped it dead in its tracks. The force needed to stop something flying over a 100k/ph with a mass over 10kbis ridiculous. Let's not forget that the Armor plating also makes them ridiculous durable.

And how can you say Superman did his feat with ease and Hulk used his full strength...

Superman's speed and combination of flight/speed means he wins imo, but he's not going outmuscle Thanos and this will be a lot harder than Steppenloser.

Estacado
Also tbh stopping an icebreaker sized alien ship with a mere punch is more impressive then pulling it.

Psychotron
1. A Leviathan which Hulk stopped with one hand whilst Superman used both and was shitting his pants.

2. WTH? Hulk never used his full force, he was barely angry at all. And he never used his other hand!

3. Lol. Not as casually as Hulk did.

Wrong, rewatch the scene. Hulk was getting pushed back and used both his hands. Even then he didn't stop it fully, it was tipping over and Iron man had to finish the job.

He was obviously enraged as he was screaming his lungs out. Meanwhile, Superman looked bored.

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
The bias in this post is ridiculous. Those things were massive and flew with enough momentum to easily smash through buildings.

Hulk stopped it dead in its tracks. The force needed to stop something flying over a 100k/ph with a mass over 10kbis ridiculous. Let's not forget that the Armor plating also makes them ridiculous durable.

And how can you say Superman did his feat with ease and Hulk used his full strength...

Superman's speed and combination of flight/speed means he wins imo, but he's not going outmuscle Thanos and this will be a lot harder than Steppenloser.

See above. The icebreaker isn't Superman's best feat or anything btw.

Estacado
amVfFRNmDE4

playa1258
Superman gets another power increase and we keep doing this dance.

SquallX

Rage.Of.Olympus

Rage.Of.Olympus
Wrong, rewatch the scene. Hulk was getting pushed back and used both his hands. Even then he didn't stop it fully, it was tipping over and Iron man had to finish the job.

He was obviously enraged as he was screaming his lungs out. Meanwhile, Superman looked bored.

See above. The icebreaker isn't Superman's best feat or anything btw.

Now you're just being stupid. The back end was tipping over because the forward momentum was abruptly stopped....

I remember Bruce only using one hand for the punch. He slid back a few feet on the gravel as it gave way...

Psychotron

Now you're just being stupid. The back end was tipping over because the forward momentum was abruptly stopped....

I remember Bruce only using one hand for the punch. He slid back a few feet on the gravel as it gave way...

Which means the momentum wasn't stopped.

Please start re-watching scenes before commenting. Hulk used his other hand when he was getting pushed back. It's right there on youtube ffs. To say that Hulk didn't strain against the Leviathan is absurd and biased.

NemeBro
Near the end Hulk does bring his left hand forward to brace against the Leviathan, yeah.

juggerman
Originally posted by Silent Master
Who in this thread is comparing Loki's durability to Superman?

I'm guessing it was about Thanos snapping Superman's neck like he did Loki's

SquallX

Darth Thor
Thor took the Force of a Star better than Supes handled a Nuke.

Ergo, Thor is more durable.

Josh_Alexander

Please start re-watching scenes before commenting. Hulk used his other hand when he was getting pushed back. It's right there on youtube ffs. To say that Hulk didn't strain against the Leviathan is absurd and biased.

1. He used his other hand at the very end to stop the Leviathan quickly due to the avengers being behind. Aint' like Hulk used his hand because he couldn't stop it.

2. Hulk was solid. He was being dragged because he wasn't glued to the ground. It isn't like he was pushed back due to him not having enough strength but due to his feet not being anchored.

3. The leviathan is moving at high speeds, whilst the Icebreaker wasn't.

Psychotron
1. He used his other hand at the very end to stop the Leviathan quickly due to the avengers being behind. Aint' like Hulk used his hand because he couldn't stop it.

2. Hulk was solid. He was being dragged because he wasn't glued to the ground. It isn't like he was pushed back due to him not having enough strength but due to his feet not being anchored.

3. The leviathan is moving at high speeds, whilst the Icebreaker wasn't.

Now you're moving the goal posts. Fact is he couldn't stop it easily like you claimed he did.

Hahahaha, what? His feet were planted firmly on the ground. That's as anchored as a humanoid can get. He was being pushed back because the Leviathan's kinetic energy was greater than Hulk's strength.

The difference there is that Superman wasn't even trying. Also, it's not Superman's best strength feat.

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Thor took the Force of a Star better than Supes handled a Nuke.

Ergo, Thor is more durable.

The force of a star? No, just the heat, which has already been proven to be vastly inferior to a nuke. And it nearly killed him. Superman's heat vision would do a number on Thor based on that.

h1a8

h1a8

Psychotron
It wasn't completely stopped until Iron Man blew it up, so factor that into your calculations.

Josh_Alexander
Now you're moving the goal posts. Fact is he couldn't stop it easily like you claimed he did.

Hahahaha, what? His feet were planted firmly on the ground. That's as anchored as a humanoid can get. He was being pushed back because the Leviathan's kinetic energy was greater than Hulk's strength.

The difference there is that Superman wasn't even trying. Also, it's not Superman's best strength feat.

The force of a star? No, just the heat, which has already been proven to be vastly inferior to a nuke. And it nearly killed him. Superman's heat vision would do a number on Thor based on that.

I never said he wasnt planted firmly. If you pay keen attention to the scene youll notice that the ground is crumbling beneath his feet, which means he wasnt anchored.

If he would have done it one handidly i would be impressed. And the tectonic plate note isnt valid.

It has also been proven that the nuke is for seconds hotter than a star, and not constant. Also, its proven than a star produces A HELL more energy than a Nuke.

Temperature aint the only factor here.

h1a8

h1a8

Josh_Alexander

h1a8

Josh_Alexander

h1a8

Josh_Alexander

Psychotron
I never said he wasnt planted firmly. If you pay keen attention to the scene youll notice that the ground is crumbling beneath his feet, which means he wasnt anchored.

If he would have done it one handidly i would be impressed. And the tectonic plate note isnt valid.

It has also been proven that the nuke is for seconds hotter than a star, and not constant. Also, its proven than a star produces A HELL more energy than a Nuke.

Temperature aint the only factor here.

So? Superman was walking on ice and it didn't bother him.

Yes, it is valid. Your hurt feelings are irrelevant. Also, there are other feats like the World Engine and the Singularity.

Except a nuke also produces a powerful blast that levels cities. Superman survived that. A star's total output, yes. Thor didn't take all of it.

Yes, it is. There was no gravitational effect inside the ship since Rocket and Groot didn't get pasted.

h1a8
Also, your statement is like saying that each time you lift a 10kg weight the ground supports you with 5kg!

No, as long as you are lifting or pushing (not holding with arms locked in place) then you are supplying 100% of the force.

Josh_Alexander
So? Superman was walking on ice and it didn't bother him.

Yes, it is valid. Your hurt feelings are irrelevant. Also, there are other feats like the World Engine and the Singularity.

Except a nuke also produces a powerful blast that levels cities. Superman survived that. A star's total output, yes. Thor didn't take all of it.

Yes, it is. There was no gravitational effect inside the ship since Rocket and Groot didn't get pasted.

It's interesting too though. What's beneath Ice? Water. So, we could argue that some part of that weight was floating.

Do you have evidence on how much force was being exerted in the world engine or just speculation based on the sophisticated name of the machine?

A star pulls out more energy than all the Nuclear bombs of earth together! I believe i don't have to explain the effect a beam from such a star would have on a city, much less on earth.

What!?

Originally posted by h1a8
No, as long as you are lifting or pushing (not holding with arms locked in place) then you are supplying 100% of the force.

Dude. Do you realize that the weight has to pass from hulk's body to the ground? Ain't like the force teleport to the ground and Hulk is just holding 50% of the weight.

It's like saying every time you hit a wall, 50% of the force is absorbed by the ground and the wall doesn't absorb all the energy.

Rage.Of.Olympus

That doesn't make any sense.

Fair enough.

Etri: "You are about take the full force of a Star."

Even if you presuppose that the Nuclear Weapon was as powerful as the Tsar Bomb, ignore that Doomsday was between Superman and the Nuclear Weapon (Normally it would not matter, but Doomsday is a massive creature that absorbs energy), Thor's feat is many magnitudes more impressive it's mind boggling.

Based on how Superman handled the Nuclear Weapon, he'd be incinerated instantly.

A nuclear weapon depending on the yield can reach up to 150 million Fahrenheit or so IIRC. But that lasts a nanosecond or less I believe. It cools down significantly almost instantaneously. A newly formed Neutron Star can reach temperatures up to 10^12 Kelvin. That makes intuitive sense if you think about it, a neutron Star is incredibly compressed gas, compressed gas gets hotter. It cools down over many years through the emission of Neutrinos however.

I don't even understand how you can think they are remotely comparable. It's been a long time since I took a physics course, but a quick google will indicate that the feats are so massively different in scale....

That was plasma as well, which is why Etri said what he did.

I'd love for there to be a quick catalog of information that we could use to check for these numbers. Hopefully someone can double check if any of my information is incorrect.

Josh_Alexander
That doesn't make any sense.

Fair enough.

Etri: "You are about take the full force of a Star."

Even if you presuppose that the Nuclear Weapon was as powerful as the Tsar Bomb, ignore that Doomsday was between Superman and the Nuclear Weapon (Normally it would not matter, but Doomsday is a massive creature that absorbs energy), Thor's feat is many magnitudes more impressive it's mind boggling.

Based on how Superman handled the Nuclear Weapon, he'd be incinerated instantly.

A nuclear weapon depending on the yield can reach up to 150 million Fahrenheit or so IIRC. But that lasts a nanosecond or less I believe. It cools down significantly almost instantaneously. A newly formed Neutron Star can reach temperatures up to 100 billion Fahrenheit. A neutron Star is incredibly compressed gas, compressed gas gets hotter. It cools down over many years through the emission of Neutrinos however.

I don't even understand how you can think they are remotely comparable. It's been a long time since I took a physics course, but a quick google will indicate that the feats are so massively in scale....

And it clearly wasn't just heat that Thor endured. That was plasma as well, which is why Etri said what he did.

I'd love for there to be a quick catalog of information that we could use to check for these numbers. Hopefully someone can double check.

You know what's more funny than that? That their whole world engine/singularity argument has an enormous flaw.

The nuke made a hell more damage on Superman than the World Engine/Singularity did. So it's obvious that the World Engine's damage output<<Conventional nuclear weapon laughing out loud

Silent Master
I like how they randomly apply physics, IE using the fact that Hulk tore up the ground to downgrade the Leviathan punch. but ignoring that Thor had enough strength and durability to tear into the metal of the spaceforge after throwing Rocket's spaceship. metal that was able to withstand the full force of a star.

Psychotron
It's interesting too though. What's beneath Ice? Water. So, we could argue that some part of that weight was floating.

Do you have evidence on how much force was being exerted in the world engine or just speculation based on the sophisticated name of the machine?

A star pulls out more energy than all the Nuclear bombs of earth together! I believe i don't have to explain the effect a beam from such a star would have on a city, much less on earth.

What!?

Are you ****ing retarded? That has nothing to do with anything.

We know it was strong enough to flatten skyscrapers on the other end of the planet and we know Superman was depowered when he destroyed it. Good luck topping that.

First of all, it was a really anemic star, barely the size of a moon by the look of it. Second, that beam was only a fraction of its total power output.

Thor was exposed to the heat and nothing else.

Rage.Of.Olympus

We know it was strong enough to flatten skyscrapers on the other end of the planet and we know Superman was depowered when he destroyed it. Good luck topping that.

First of all, it was a really anemic star, barely the size of a moon by the look of it. Second, that beam was only a fraction of its total power output.

You're talking about flattening Skyscrapers...in the same breath as a Neutron Star, the most awesomely devastating force in the known Universe next to a black hole....

Also for the third time:

Etri: "You are about take the FULL FORCE of a Star."

A Neutron Star isn't as large as a main sequence Star but that is why it is far more awesome. It's a Star (Much larger than the Sun IIRC) going Supernova that condenses all that matter into a much smaller volume.

It's so astronomically beyond anything done so far, that taken at face value, Thor is more durable than every other character that has appeared in the DCEU (Doomsday, Wonder Woman, Steppenwolf, Superman, all the Kryptonians etc.), put together squared.

I'd have argued there was no way he could even open the gate to the Star much less endure it's full force before this movie. The fact the was still breathing and almost conscious with his goddamn eyebrows still on and some singing is ridiculous.

Silent Master
You're talking about flattening Skyscrapers...in the same breath as a Neutron Star, the most awesomely devastating force in the known Universe next to a black hole....

Also for the third time:

He's trolling, he doesn't actually believe what he's saying. hell in the other thread he called Gal Gadot a disgusting Jew.

h1a8

Psychotron

Great. Superman withstood and overpowered the Singularity aka an actual black hole.

And at any rate, Thor only had to withstand the heat, not any gravitational effect, and he almost died anyway.

Silent Master
That wasn't a real blackhole and Lois also withstood it.

Silent Master

Rage.Of.Olympus

WolvesofBabylon
That wasn't a black hole. Black holes are so devastating because of their crushing gravitational effects that are so intense, they bend space and time. Calling that a black hole is like calling H1's mom's anus a black hole. It's accurate in a metaphorical sense, but not backed by anything on paper.

What does that even mean? Saying the full force of a Star is "heat" is like calling the Hulk above human-level in strength. It's technically accurate, but fails to accurately grasp what you are describing.

How do you know that gravitational forces were not in play?

Everything with seen from Superman, including the Nuclear Weapon scene actually proves that he'd instantly DIE attempting that feat.

Everything from Thor says the same, but I guess, some character's can just dig deeper. thumb up

You're just making shit up and ignoring on panel statements.

Whether true or not does not prevent Thor from losing]

Silent Master
Whether true or not does not prevent Thor from losing]

What did he say that's not true?

WolvesofBabylon
What did he say that's not true?

For one that Superman would die. That is not a fact.

Silent Master
For one that Superman would die. That is not a fact.

It might not be a fact, in that it hasn't actually happened. but what is also a fact is that the energy Thor withstood >>>>>>>>>>>>>> the energy that almost killed Superman.

As of now, all the evidence favors Rage.

Psychotron
That wasn't a black hole. Black holes are so devastating because of their crushing gravitational effects that are so intense, they bend space and time. Calling that a black hole is like calling H1's mom's anus a black hole. It's accurate in a metaphorical sense, but not backed by anything on paper.

What does that even mean? Saying the full force of a Star is "heat" is like calling the Hulk above human-level in strength. It's technically accurate, but fails to accurately grasp what you are describing.

How do you know that gravitational forces were not in play?

The line "like a black hole" was there for a reason, Rage. It was to clue the casual audience about what the singularity was.

First of all, the full force was obviously an exaggeration since the star didn't focus all of its power in one beam. Second, heat is the only thing that beam could possibly generate.

Because Rocket, Groot and Tyrion didn't turn to paste?

Silent Master
IOW: "like a blackhole" is to be taken 100% literally even though a normal human also survived, but "full force of a star isn't", because some aliens that weren't even hit by the beam also survived.

WolvesofBabylon
It might not be a fact, in that it hasn't actually happened. but what is also a fact is that the energy Thor withstood >>>>>>>>>>>>>> the energy that almost killed Superman.

As of now, all the evidence favors Rage.

Thor withstood? It is debatable that w/o stormbreaker he may not have survived.

playa1258
Superman is much stronger and faster than Thor but he hasn't shown the damage output to hurt Thor based on what was seen in IW.

Silent Master
Thor withstood? It is debatable that w/o stormbreaker he may not have survived.

Maybe withstood is the wrong word. still, the full force of a star for over a minute >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> nuke

Darth Thor
Yeah Superman is much stronger and faster, but Thor is much more durable and has far greater power output.

WolvesofBabylon
Originally posted by playa1258
Superman is much stronger and faster than Thor but he hasn't shown the damage output to hurt Thor based on what was seen in IW.

Hard to say because we dont see Thor take hits from anyone after Stormbreaker. From previous movies, we know Thor is not invincible to physical attacks from strong opponents.

WolvesofBabylon
I will say I am extremely happy with Thors development since his first appearance. He was nerfed for a long time and is easily the strongest Avenger at the moment.

Josh_Alexander

You do realize that on water objects weight less?

Thats the Earth's magnetic field being tampered not the machine adding preasure on the surface dude. The machine alters the Earth's core. It affects things like magnetism, gravity etc.

Aint like the machine is compressing the planet fellow.

The Star is based on logic being shrunk by the metal device in its core in order to harvest its energy. Or might be that its a neutron star. Which nevertheless is》》》》》》》》》nuke.

Also, you forget things like radiation, kinetic energy, and all the other variants regarding hydrogen fusion. Dont focus only on heat.

quanchi112
Thanos dominates Superman worse than Batman did.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.