Avengers: Endgame (2019)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Impediment
Title confirmed? Is this legit or hype?

https://www.cosmicbooknews.com/avengers-endgame-title

BruceSkywalker
Cosmicbooknews is clickbait... Marvel let the title be known for Avengers 4 until either later this year of the early part of next year

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by Impediment

fake.

BackFire
Makes sense, the line is spoken in the movie towards the end. Would not be surprised if that's the title.

Anyways, after seeing Infinity War, can't wait for this, whatever it ends up being called.

StiltmanFTW
Yeah.

thumb up

Robtard
Real or not, it's a good/appropriate title. Studio should use it, unless they have something better/catchier.

The Ellimist
Congrats, you've just made one of the longest threads in this forum's history

BruceSkywalker
confirmed Avengers Infinity Crusade

You heard it here

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
confirmed Avengers Infinity Crusade

You heard it here

*faints*

Ooooooh yeeeees.

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
*faints*

Ooooooh yeeeees.

It's real name will actually be Avengers Infinity War and the Deadly Hallows part 2 laughing out loud

but i lean more to Avengers: From dust to cement laughing out loud

xPRIMEx
Endgame would be a good title

Impediment
This article has some pretty interesting theories about Avengers 4.

SPOILERS INSIDE!!

http://www.digitalspy.com/movies/the-avengers/feature/a856006/avengers-4-infinity-war-trailer/

Josh_Alexander

SPOILERS INSIDE!!

http://www.digitalspy.com/movies/the-avengers/feature/a856006/avengers-4-infinity-war-trailer/

Damn Impediment! Many people hasn't even watch Infinity War and you are already planning on spoiling Avg 4!!!? Bad boy, Bad boy!

And use the spoiler tag! laughing out loud laughing out loud

BruceSkywalker

SPOILERS INSIDE!!

Fascinating

Josh_Alexander

Guess what, it appears it is true....

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Josh_Alexander
Guess what, it appears it is true....

how so

SpaceMonkey
When do you guys think we'll get a trailer?

BruceSkywalker
before the aquaman trailer im sure lmao

im guessing later this year

Josh_Alexander
how so

Many sources have confirmed it...Or at least hint at it.

https://youtu.be/ellDJ-5-iWI

Arachnid1
The promotional art for A4 leaked.

https://i.imgur.com/iFZopGi.jpg

RIP Caps beard.

CPT Space Bomb
Originally posted by Arachnid1

RIP Caps beard.

I'm glad he's back looking more traditional. The beard was kinda cool at first but wore of it's welcome pretty quickly. It's like Superman with long hair...kinda interesting but not really great.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Arachnid1

RIP Caps beard.

lovely promo art

Robtard
The Sequel to Infinity Wars and the final film in the MCU's Phase Three set to be released May 3, 2019.

This came up in another thread, but it really belongs here: The gauntlet seemed de-powered (not glowing?) in the Thanos end scene and it's notable that while Thanos was able to heal the wound Thor gave him, the damage to the left side of his body caused by using the stones in such a manner was still there, as was a noticeable limp. Wondering if that's going to play into the next film as a plot in Thanos' downfall.

Thoughts on that end scene, the gauntlet and Thanos' injuries? Edit: Or anything IF2 related.

CPT Space Bomb
I read somewhere that he is messed up after the snap. It took a toll on him physically and it will almost certainly play into his downfall. I kinda like the take because otherwise there is no way they can beat him.

I think the title being Endgame isn't confirmed but it's the #1 rumor right now. I think it sounds badass. Avengers: Endgame. Now, that movie....I'm pretty sure I'm gonna be devastated afterwards.

Darth Thor
^ That sounds pretty interesting

Impediment
This thread should probably be merged with this one:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f2/t652495.html

Robtard
This thread should probably be merged with this one:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f2/t652495.html

Please do then.

Impediment
Merged. thumb up

CPT Space Bomb
I saw a tweet that sometime within the next 10 days there is going to be some promo art that will blow our minds.....I'm curious though not expecting too much.

steverules_2
I'm waiting for Adam Warlock

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by steverules_2
I'm waiting for Adam Warlock

well keep waiting then big grin

Robtard
Is Hulk wearing a Wakandan bodysuit?

CPT Space Bomb
Originally posted by Robtard
Is Hulk wearing a Wakandan bodysuit? Yah, whatever it is it looks dumb lol. I guess Hulk wants some protection from Thanos.

steverules_2
Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb
I guess Hulk wants some protection from Thanos.

He needs all the protection he can get after the ass raping he got in IW

Inhuman
Reminder... My prediction about the Soul stone (from before anyone saw the movie) was on point thumb up

Anyhow, about Hulks suit/look, I think it might have to do with some transformation for the Hulk. Maybe leaning towards a professor Hulk type persona.

steverules_2
Originally posted by Inhuman
Reminder... My prediction about the Soul stone (from before anyone saw the movie) was on point thumb up

Anyhow, about Hulks suit/look, I think it might have to do with some transformation for the Hulk. Maybe leaning towards a professor Hulk type persona.

Your prediction was it was somewhere with red skull?

Inhuman
Originally posted by steverules_2
Your prediction was it was somewhere with red skull?

Dont feel like looking for the post, but it was something along the lines of...."The soul stone is going to be in a location that hasn't been shown or teased in any movie or trailer. Maybe on another planet."

The Red Skull thing , caught me by surprise.

Impediment
All I want is a reason why Hulk was MIA throughout the entire first film, then I wanna see World Breaker Hulk emerge.

CPT Space Bomb
All I want is a reason why Hulk was MIA throughout the entire first film, then I wanna see World Breaker Hulk emerge.
I think the chances of you getting an explanation in the next film is about 95% solid.

I think seeing World Breaker Hulk is probably like 15% likely though.

Robtard
Originally posted by Inhuman

Possible, the look on his face does lean to that somewhat.

Darth Thor
^ Thats likely given Ruffalo said there is a 3 film story for Hulk starting with Ragnarok.

I was thinking it would end with Hulk and Banner being split, but think that might be too big a distraction in an Avengers film.

CPT Space Bomb
Well, as I said I'm not a huge Hulk fan but I do hope he gets a better showing in Avengers 4....I mean, it would be hard for him not to....

Robtard

Impediment
Hulk needs to evolve to World Breaker Hulk in a serious way.

BruceSkywalker
Hulk needs to evolve to World Breaker Hulk in a serious way.

that would work or more of World War Hulk

Impediment
9 more months to go.

sad

StiltmanFTW
When Captain Marvel hits the theaters?

March?

-Pr-

March?

Late February/Early March iirc.

StiltmanFTW
Thanks.

You liked Ant-Man & The Wasp?

BruceSkywalker
9 more months to go.

sad

i have a time machine for us to get into and see it before anyone else lol...

March?

March 8 2019

-Pr-
Thanks.

You liked Ant-Man & The Wasp?

Didn't see it yet due to an impromptu hospital stay. Maybe this coming week ill get to see it.

Impediment
Originally posted by -Pr-
Didn't see it yet due to an impromptu hospital stay. Maybe this coming week ill get to see it.

You okay, bro?

-Pr-
You okay, bro?

Yeah. The doctor's pretty sure I have something called sarcoidosis in my lungs. Treatable, but some crappy symptoms meant a short stay in the hospital.

BruceSkywalker
Yeah. The doctor's pretty sure I have something called sarcoidosis in my lungs. Treatable, but some crappy symptoms meant a short stay in the hospital.

get better..

-Pr-
Thanks man thumb up

StiltmanFTW
March 8 2019

Thanks, Bruce thumb up

Sorry to hear that. But hey, at least there is some progress. Hope you recover soon.

Had to stay in the hospital myself early this year... which was a blessing, as I really hated my job.

You'll love the film, Hank gets a lot of screen time stick out tongue

Darth Thor
Get well soon Pr!

Not seen Ant-Man myself yet. Might just wait for it to hit digital now.

Impediment
I want Anthony Hopkins to come back as Odin and whip some ass.

BruceSkywalker
I want Anthony Hopkins to come back as Odin and whip some ass.

that's possible

Robtard
Fan based theory about Pepper Potts' role in Avengers 4

Your thoughts on Pepper Potts becoming Rescue Armor Model 1?

Inhuman

From what I heard....

There is going to be a time skip from the time of the Thanos snap. I'm not talking about the time travel aspect that is most likely going to happen. I'm talking A4 starting off a few years after the snap.
And there are rumors that pepper is pregnant and in Avengers 4 pepper will have Tony's kid during that time skip.

But take that with a grain of salt.

BruceSkywalker

its possible... Paltrow did post then deleted a few pics on her Instagram where she had on MO cap gear... I wouldn't mind seeing her as Rescue since they'll need all the help they can get

Darth Thor
So does this mean Loki lives:

https://variety.com/2018/film/news/loki-scarlet-witch-tv-series-marvel-disney-streaming-service-1202947551/amp/

I hope so!

steverules_2
its possible... Paltrow did post then deleted a few pics on her Instagram where she had on MO cap gear... I wouldn't mind seeing her as Rescue since they'll need all the help they can get

MO?

HulkIsHulk
Mo-motion
Mo cap - motion capture

steverules_2
Oh right

StiltmanFTW
https://tinyurl.com/yaqnqbet

Robtard
Then we could have the Hulk eat Captain America as per that story. It will be eating arcs all around.

StiltmanFTW
Then we could have the Hulk eat Captain America as per that story. It will be eating arcs all around.

Like in the future King Thanos story, yes.

You, sir, are a genius thumb up

Darth Thor
Odds that Cap wields Stormbreaker in some kind of final confrontation?

Was hinted at way back in AOU.

Robtard
Like in the future King Thanos story, yes.

You, sir, are a genius thumb up

Bingo

Robtard
Originally posted by Darth Thor

Was hinted at way back in AOU.

That would mean that Thor gets taken down, either dies or is incapacitated.

Possible and Cap is the stuff of heroes, by morals alone he's far more worthy than Thor to wield Stormbreaker, if Strombreaker has the same 'need morals at least this high to ride' clause.

Darth Thor
^ Would make a cool scene is all. Plus imagine all the potential versus threads involving Stormbreaker Cap!

BruceSkywalker
^ Would make a cool scene is all. Plus imagine all the potential versus threads involving Stormbreaker Cap!

no... h1 will keep his stupidity going forever

John Murdoch

Was hinted at way back in AOU. Originally posted by Robtard
That would mean that Thor gets taken down, either dies or is incapacitated.

Possible and Cap is the stuff of heroes, by morals alone he's far more worthy than Thor to wield Stormbreaker, if Strombreaker has the same 'need morals at least this high to ride' clause.

I've been wanting a hammer-wielding Cap scene since AoU, yes sirs.

It could make sense from storytelling and contractual obligation standpoints as well: not for sure currently, but aren't Hemsworth and Evans about up on the number of films they have to appear in for the MCU? Having Thor go down against the big bad that destroyed half his people and then Cap die stopping the same big bad, wielding Stormbreaker and thus showing he was the ultimate hero would be fantastic.

Then you have more room for the other MCU characters to come to the forefront along with the FF and X-Men down the road.

HulkIsHulk
Well f**k
https://www.turboimagehost.com/p/39446718/FB_IMG_1538678049957.jpg.html

Darth Thor
Oh he dead.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by HulkIsHulk
Well f**k
https://www.turboimagehost.com/p/39446718/FB_IMG_1538678049957.jpg.html

don't worry since time travel is involved steve lives lol

carthage
Leaked trailer description

https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/avengers-4-trailer-description-leaks-online/

Flyattractor
So for how many Actors is this their "Last Marvel Movie"?

John Murdoch
Originally posted by HulkIsHulk
Well f**k
https://www.turboimagehost.com/p/39446718/FB_IMG_1538678049957.jpg.html Originally posted by Darth Thor
Oh he dead.

Going with what I wrote above, I forgot to mention that Cap's arc would be even more complete with him being a main character in Avengers 4 that sacrifices himself, especially after his secondary role in Infinity War.

Mr. Evans' tweet seems to be pointing that way.

Flyattractor
I am getting the feeling there will be a FEW Sacrifices in this movie.

BruceSkywalker
if cap dies...kmc will get snapped lmao

DarthPlaguis12
Well the actor is done...

Kazenji
I don't think Cap actually dies, It's more Steve Roger's possibly dying leaving the door open for Bucky to wear the outfit.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by DarthPlaguis12
Well the actor is done...

the bulk of the actors are done, however all might not die.. next may the world finds out

Flyattractor
Lots of Mysterious Disappearances to come for Sure.

ShadowFyre
I hope that leaked trailer description isn't real. The end part with the hulk ruins it for me. I don't know why. Just sounds horrible

SpaceMonkey
Avengers: Avenge the World

Impediment
RCGVt1F2QCI

Impediment
Search function, people.

Use it.

I made this thread months ago.

juggerman
My bad

ShadowFyre
Am I the only one underwhelmed by this. I was expecting more.

WolvesofBabylon
A tad underwhelming but it is 6 months away so I get it

playa1258
Carol will obviously rescue Tony.

Impediment
It's just a teaser, guys. It's not supposed to knock our socks off.

It's there to tease us.

quanchi112
Thanos did exactly what he said he was going to do. We lost. All of us.

Camera pans to Thor. laughing out loud

All those who were foolish enough to claim Thor won or that Thanos did not win over every hero who stood in his way I need apologies. Need is not the right word I DEMAND apologies.

Wolves, Froth, D. Thor I am waiting.

Bow before Thanos. April the month of my birth is where my dreams come true one last time. This was meant to be. Thanos is above all other characters in the history of cinema.

carthage

quanchi112
The first trailer will drop well before April.

WolvesofBabylon
Originally posted by quanchi112

Camera pans to Thor. laughing out loud

All those who were foolish enough to claim Thor won or that Thanos did not win over every hero who stood in his way I need apologies. Need is not the right word I DEMAND apologies.

Wolves, Froth, D. Thor I am waiting.

Bow before Thanos. April the month of my birth is where my dreams come true one last time. This was meant to be. Thanos is above all other characters in the history of cinema.

You do realize the heroes are going to win in the end right? Antman comes back..quantum realm..time travel...Thanos doesnt get IG...Thanos defeated...MCU carries on and you continue being irrelevant

quanchi112
Originally posted by WolvesofBabylon
You do realize the heroes are going to win in the end right? Antman comes back..quantum realm..time travel...Thanos doesnt get IG...Thanos defeated...MCU carries on and you continue being irrelevant I said Thanos already won. You tried changing the goalposts. You were wrong. You trolled, you tried, you failed. You have changed tactics to avoid the plain facts Thanos beat every single hero who faced him.

Thanos won already. Cry about him winning some more you loser troll.

quanchi112

WolvesofBabylon
I said Thanos already won. You tried changing the goalposts. You were wrong. You trolled, you tried, you failed. You have changed tactics to avoid the plain facts Thanos beat every single hero who faced him.

Thanos won already. Cry about him winning some more you loser troll.

You cant win a game until its over. Strange knows this and set forth the plan to defeat Thanos. Thanos defeat is already underway

quanchi112
You cant win a game until its over. Strange knows this and set forth the plan to defeat Thanos. Thanos defeat is already underway Game ended. They might play a new game. Tony is starving out in space. Games do not continue after the battle was won. Thanos is currently farming the day was won. He smiled after he prevailed. The fight was over. He achieved his goal. They tried to prevent him so that was the game. Spin their loss but Cap confirmed it.

WolvesofBabylon
Game ended. They might play a new game. Tony is starving out in space. Games do not continue after the battle was won. Thanos is farming the day was won. He smiled after he prevailed. Spin their loss but Cap confirmed it.

If we want to continue the sports analogy. Thanos won game one of the series but is about to get swept out the remaining games and lose the series.Does that make it more obvious?

Robtard
That was a good teaser imo, gave us a taste but spoiled nothing.

quanchi112
If we want to continue the sports analogy. Thanos won game one of the series but is about to get swept out the remaining games and lose the series.Does that make it more obvious? Thanos won the game. Spared avengers. He waltzed through them but they have backup arriving all against one powerhouse. The most powerful hero aligned with the rest and they have powerhouses at the ready, Hulk and Thor.

Thanos already prevailed over the avengers. No greater victory in the history of cinema. Thanos is the only one who could stand against that collective might and prevail.

Impediment
How awesome would it be if, at some point in Endgame, the Marvel Netflix characters show up all like "Surprise, motherf*cker!"?

TheVaultDweller
Just have to include a scene in a hallway and they're all set.

wakkawakkawakka
At teaser that actually does its job of damping up excitement without spoiling anything.

Well done. This makes up for that lame Captain Marvel trailer IMO.

BruceSkywalker
good trailer

i've watched a few times already... can't wait

How awesome would it be if, at some point in Endgame, the Marvel Netflix characters show up all like "Surprise, motherf*cker!"?

sure so they can be killed and reborn as new actors/actresses big grin

Bentley
No greater victory in the history of cinema.

Nah, but I agree he was a pretty conclusive winner and that the follow up won't rewrite that.

John Murdoch
Why is Tony lost in space??????? I must know

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by John Murdoch
Why is Tony lost in space??????? I must know

he is looking for himself, that is why he is lost in space

John Murdoch

Ah existentialism: the MCU's greatest threat yet.

Flyattractor

Yes. Space would be the only thing that comes even Close to the Size of Tony's Ego.

Darth Thor
Was expecting more than just a teaser.

A tad underwhelming but it is 6 months away so I get it

5 months. Not that far away tbh.

Flyattractor
For a teaser trailer...it didn't really tease much.

BackFire
Good trailer, kind of a combination of a regular trailer and a teaser.

Interesting that the title is Endgame, as that was one of the first titles people predicted and were told by the Russos that they were wrong. Makes you wonder why they were secretive about the title, not really anything noteworthy or spoilery about the title. Also makes you wonder if they perhaps changed the title at the last minute or something.

ares834
Great trailer. It really set the tone.

Eon Blue

ares834
HawkeyeRonin was more badass in this teaser then he was in all the other films combined.

Robtard
Originally posted by ares834
HawkeyeRonin was more badass in this teaser then he was in all the other films combined.

Yep, pretty obvious he lost some if not all of his family with Thanos' snap(I'm guessing all), so he's not ****ing around; has nothing to lose. Looking forward this this arch of his.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by John Murdoch
Ah existentialism: the MCU's greatest threat yet.

yea lol..

anyways does anyone think that It's Pepper who "Rescues" Tony

Robtard
yea lol..

Remember this:

I'd be kinda shocked if it didn't happen now.

Question is, why is Tony alone in space? He's not the only one left alive on Titan after Thanos' snap.

ares834
yea lol..

Nope. It'll be Ms Marvel.

BruceSkywalker
Remember this:

I'd be kinda shocked if it didn't happen now.

Question is, why is Tony alone in space? He's not the only one left alive on Titan after Thanos' snap.

my guess is tony, nebula etc try to leave Titam but something bad happens

Robtard
Good point and while that does make more sense, as Tony's way the **** out who knows how far and that would be a nice tie-in. But the "I save you; you save me" love story angle would be hard to pass. I'm torn now, but still siding to Potts being the one.

BruceSkywalker

you mean CAPTAIN Marvel lol.. I thought it would be her too but most likely I think it could be Pepper

carthage

playa1258
Carol is more likely unless Pepper has some FTL drive we dont know of.

Darth Thor
He did mention a Rescue which automatically made me think of Pepper coming.

But lets face it. That would make no sense at all. Has to be Carol.

steverules_2
Soooooooooooo excited, another April release so definitely gonna watch this for my birthday

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by playa1258
Carol is more likely unless Pepper has some FTL drive we dont know of.

pay attention.. its been all over the interwebs for months.. gwyneth paltrow posted then took down a video which showed her in a cgi suit.

TheVaultDweller
pay attention.. its been all over the interwebs for months.. gwyneth paltrow posted then took down a video which showed her in a cgi suit.

Yeah, if you search the net, you can still find the pic of her in some kind of armour. Couple of sites have actually jumped on it already, linking it to what we see in the trailer.

https://comicbook.com/marvel/2018/12/07/avengers-endgame-pepper-potts-rescue-armor/

NemeBro
Trailer was pretty good, made the film look more interesting than Captain Marvel's did for sure.

HulkIsHulk
https://i.imgur.com/EdCsvqT_d.jpg

playa1258
pay attention.. its been all over the interwebs for months.. gwyneth paltrow posted then took down a video which showed her in a cgi suit. I already know about the rescue Armor and it makes no sense for her to get Tony unless she has an FTL drive. Tony is light years away.

Impediment
Captain Marvel seems the most likely answer to who will rescue Tony, IMO.

playa1258
What I'm going with too.

TheVaultDweller
I already know about the rescue Armor and it makes no sense for her to get Tony unless she has an FTL drive. Tony is light years away.

She just needs to combine all the available plot device technology together and she'll be fine. Quantum-powered vibranium nano-tech. Just imagine the completely unrealistic possibilities. big grin

Seriously though, yeah, they would need to reveal some previously unknown bit of Stark and/or Wakandan tech to cover that plot hole if they plan on Pepper being the one. Which puts a dint in that particular theory. Though I don't think it completely rules it out either.

Dr Will Hatch
This trailer confirmed one thing to me: The Russos are boring directors. Competent. Good at their job. But boring. All they do is fanservice.

wakkawakkawakka
So assuming an of the other sorcerers survived the snap I wonder exactly what the range on those portals are and how much prep work is needed to reach out to someone light-years away? Granted its more likely Pepper or Captain Marvel save Tony at this point but it would be a lot more convenient if that were to happen.

Also I remember a while back about something where Valkyrie survived Thanos' initial attack on Thor and pals. Maybe she's around somewhere unless she didn't survive the snap.

TheVaultDweller
I doubt Valkyrie died in the snap. They made a point of explaining her absence from the beginning of the film in behind the scenes interviews. Kind of pointless to do so if she died offscreen a bit later anyway.

And I am assuming portal'ing those kinds of distances would require some prep and effort. Otherwise Strange would have just portal'd himself back to Earth after Maw's death instead of asking Tony whether he could steer the ship back.

NemeBro
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
She just needs to combine all the available plot device technology together and she'll be fine. Quantum-powered vibranium nano-tech. Just imagine the completely unrealistic possibilities. big grin

Seriously though, yeah, they would need to reveal some previously unknown bit of Stark and/or Wakandan tech to cover that plot hole if they plan on Pepper being the one. Which puts a dint in that particular theory. Though I don't think it completely rules it out either. Why not just use the space ships Thanos's army brought? Even if they have been damaged they could study and reverse engineer it.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Yeah, if you search the net, you can still find the pic of her in some kind of armour. Couple of sites have actually jumped on it already, linking it to what we see in the trailer.

https://comicbook.com/marvel/2018/12/07/avengers-endgame-pepper-potts-rescue-armor/

i still have her original post big grin

I already know about the rescue Armor and it makes no sense for her to get Tony unless she has an FTL drive. Tony is light years away.

well nobody knows exactly how powerful the Rescue armor is or what its capabilities are until it is shown in action...

Captain Marvel seems the most likely answer to who will rescue Tony, IMO.

she doesn't.. she dies in the first act eek!

Flyattractor
Yeah go ahead MajorSpoil This Movie.. I don't give a shit about this one.

not taht it is hard to guess what will happen with this hypefest.

Impediment
How about we all put our dicks back in our pants and quit the pissing contest? Hmm?

Flyattractor
Marvel Fans are so Touchy.

Impediment
Others are so damn whiny.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>