Thanos vs Avengers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

xPRIMEx
Thanos vs Thor, the Hulk, and Iron man

Thanos does not have the Infinity stones. Thor is fully powered, Hulk is enraged and Iron Man has his nano tech suit from IW. Who wins?

Nephthys
The Avengers.

Josh_Alexander
Thanos dude. Thanos surpasses the Avengers in every way, even without the Gaunlet.

Nephthys
Does Thor have Stormbreaker?

Even without it Tony can set up Thor and Hulk enough for them to just wail on him.

Surtur
Originally posted by Nephthys
The Avengers.

Lame, lame if true.

Thanos without the IG should be able to beat the Avengers. Getting the IG should put him vastly above them, but it shouldn't be what he needs to defeat them, it should be what he needs to conquer the frickin universe.

Haven't seen the movie yet, I hope they didn't f*ck the character up.

Estacado
Hulk gets destroyed under 10 seconds again, Iron Man cant hurt him, their only hope is Thor but without Stormbreaker we saw he cant even budge Thanos.

Surtur
So Stormbreaker is waaay more powerful than Mjolnir I take it?

Josh_Alexander
Does Thor have Stormbreaker?

Even without it Tony can set up Thor and Hulk enough for them to just wail on him.

We also need to assume standard gear for Thanos though. That means he has his armor.

Remember, Thanos tanked a full blow from Stormbreaker in the chest without his armor and survived. Also, Thanos was unprepared and unaware of Stormbreaker.

If we assume there is prep time for this, Thanos would definitly win.

Thanos is stronger, more durable, and to my criteria a better tactician than the team.

Estacado
Originally posted by Surtur

Yup. Stormbreaker is retarded, it went through a blast from a complete IG and impaled Thanos

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by Surtur

Yes.

Nephthys
Originally posted by Josh_Alexander
We also need to assume standard gear for Thanos though. That means he has his armor.

Remember, Thanos tanked a full blow from Stormbreaker in the chest without his armor and survived. Also, Thanos was unprepared and unaware of Stormbreaker.

If we assume there is prep time for this, Thanos would definitly win.

Thanos is stronger, more durable, and to my criteria a better tactician than the team.

Thanos ran the **** away and he couldn't stop it even with the IG. Surviving won't do him any good here, he doesn't have the gauntlet to save him.

With just his bare fists he has no way of stopping Stormbreaker from decapping him.

The three's teamwork make him work hard just like on Titan, and with no gauntlet he'll lose imo.

Josh_Alexander
Thanos ran the **** away and he couldn't stop it even with the IG. Surviving won't do him any good here, he doesn't have the gauntlet to save him.

With just his bare fists he has no way of stopping Stormbreaker from decapping him.

The three's teamwork make him work hard just like on Titan, and with no gauntlet he'll lose imo.

What is to you a blast from the gaunlet? Lol!

A blast from the gaunlet i admit is a powerful shot, like a laser or blast.

But in no way does that make Stormbreaker undestructible or above the Infinity Gaunlet.

Thanos was unaware of Stormbreaker's threat, else he could have turn it into a big flower with the IG.

Again, he didnt had his armor and survived. With his armor, the Team gets wrecked dude. Like shit, it took Iron Spider, IM, Dr. Strange, Nebula, and still Thanos was having superiority.

If it wasnt for Nemphys sleeping Thanos, the Titan would have broken free.

Thanos wins.

WolvesofBabylon
Thor via Decap

SquallX
Did people saw what Thor did Thanos at the end of the movie again?

Thanos even admitted to Thor.

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by SquallX

Thanos didn't used the Gaunlet correctly fellow.

Thanos could have really warped the hammer, he could have teleported the hammer, he could have obliterated the hammer.

The IG>>>>>>>>>>>>Stormbreaker.

Again, am not saying Stormbreaker can't kill Thanos. All am saying is, if Thanos would have known previously that Thor was gonna appear from nowhere with a god-killer hammer, he would have stopped him.

quanchi112
Thanos clearly wins.

Josh_Alexander

Thanos said, "You should have aimed to the head" mocking Thor's lack of intellect laughing out loud

And since this match is Thanos w/o IG then he must have his battle armor. In which case we don't know if SB would actually be as deadly.

Furthermore, this time Thor won't have the surprise factor on his side. Nor will the Hulk.

It's pretty clear that Thanos is by far the better combatant and military expert.

To my criteria, Thanos has the upper hand.

FrothByte
W/o the IG Thanos loses.

quanchi112
Originally posted by FrothByte
W/o the IG Thanos loses. Not a chance. They lack the firepower to ko Thanos. Once he means business he handily decimates them. Thanos prevails.

FrothByte
Originally posted by quanchi112
Not a chance. They lack the firepower to ko Thanos. Once he means business he handily decimates them. Thanos prevails.

Without the IG he has no way to shield against attacks like he did on Titan. IM and Thor blasts him into oblivion from afar.

Josh_Alexander
Without the IG he has no way to shield against attacks like he did on Titan. IM and Thor blasts him into oblivion from afar.

It would all depend on whether the team manages to pull out a good strategy. Otherwise they lose.

quanchi112

WolvesofBabylon
Add Wanda to Avengers. We know Thanos couldnt overpower her the first time. Her Powers can check Thanos while Thor decapitates him.

quanchi112

WolvesofBabylon
Sorry, have Iron Man keep him busy while Thor decapitates him

quanchi112
Originally posted by WolvesofBabylon
Sorry, have Iron Man keep him busy while Thor decapitates him All Thor needs is a kick. Thanos can handle iron man when he wants to.

Josh_Alexander
Add Wanda to Avengers. We know Thanos couldnt overpower her the first time. Her Powers can check Thanos while Thor decapitates him.

With Wanda the team wins.

gauntlet o doom
Only thing for certain is a throat punch to Hulk will take him out of the fight wink

FrothByte
@Quan - Kurse never fought a fully powered Thor who lightning spams like crazy.

FrothByte
Thor w/ stormbreaker on his own should already be enough to take out Thanos w/o IG. Adding in IM and Hulk will make it a decisive victory for the team.

Josh_Alexander
Thor w/ stormbreaker on his own should already be enough to take out Thanos w/o IG. Adding in IM and Hulk will make it a decisive victory for the team.

Weve been through this already.

Thor alone loses. Specially against Armored Thanos. And again, it would all depend if the team works together.

FrothByte

Thor alone loses. Specially against Armored Thanos. And again, it would all depend if the team works together.

Thor w/ SB will just stay in the air and blast Thanos. There's nothing Thanos will be able to do about it and we know Thor's lightning can hurt Thanos. Then at the opportune time Thor throws SB at Thanos' head. /endthread

Arachnid1

Thanos even admitted to Thor. This. Without the gauntlet and Thor has Stormbreaker? Thor solos.

Silent Master

So you think Thanos without any of the Infinity Stones would have survived having Stormbreaker lodged in his chest?

Estacado
If Thor doesnt have SB team is phucked seriously wtf are people talking about IM cant hurt Thanos and Hulk got beat by him under 20 seconds...sheesh

With SB Thanos gets impaled.

Josh_Alexander
Thor w/ SB will just stay in the air and blast Thanos. There's nothing Thanos will be able to do about it and we know Thor's lightning can hurt Thanos. Then at the opportune time Thor throws SB at Thanos' head. /endthread

Lightning can harm Thanos? Evidence please.

FrothByte
Lightning can harm Thanos? Evidence please.

Watch the damn movie please. Thanos got faceplanted when Thor hit him with lightning.

quanchi112

Josh_Alexander
Watch the damn movie please. Thanos got faceplanted when Thor hit him with lightning.

Does that mean he is vulnerable to lightning!? Watch the damn movie fanboy.

WolvesofBabylon
What happened with kurse is meaningless at this point. Thor has received massive upgrades simce then.

Josh_Alexander
What happened with kurse is meaningless at this point. Thor has received massive upgrades simce then.

I would agree Thor receiving power and durability upgrades. But strength-wise i think Kurse still beats.

Darth Thor
No Infinity Stones?

Storm Breaker Thor solos.

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by Darth Thor
No Infinity Stones?

Storm Breaker Thor solos.

Strong pills.

FrothByte
Does that mean he is vulnerable to lightning!? Watch the damn movie fanboy.

lol. You just showed again that you haven't watched the movie. A single shot of lightning faceplanted Thanos and obviously hurt him. Not enough to keep him down but that was a single shot. A continuous barrage of lightning is going to mess him up.

Darth Thor
Strong pills.

Still covering your eyes at the end of IW I see laughing out loud

The butthurt is strong in you.

quanchi112
Thanos wins.

Josh_Alexander
lol. You just showed again that you haven't watched the movie. A single shot of lightning faceplanted Thanos and obviously hurt him. Not enough to keep him down but that was a single shot. A continuous barrage of lightning is going to mess him up.

Hurt him!!? PLEASEEEE!!!!!

And again, Thor surprised Thanos. Isn't like it was an opened battle in where Thanos has enough time to plan his offensive/defensive.

So again Mr. Froth, reconsider your position.

Josh_Alexander
Still covering your eyes at the end of IW I see laughing out loud

The butthurt is strong in you.

Still sucking Thor's banana? thumb up

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by quanchi112
Thanos wins.

You realize how hurt these guys are!? They even pretend to belief Thor can defeat Thanos.

FrothByte
Hurt him!!? PLEASEEEE!!!!!

And again, Thor surprised Thanos. Isn't like it was an opened battle in where Thanos has enough time to plan his offensive/defensive.

So again Mr. Froth, reconsider your position.

I agree it was a surprise attack, that doesn't change the fact that it still hurt Thanos. And Thanos has literally no answer to Thor simply staying in flight and bombarding him with lightning. Then he also has no answer to getting stormbreaker smashed on his head.

Josh_Alexander
I agree it was a surprise attack, that doesn't change the fact that it still hurt Thanos. And Thanos has literally no answer to Thor simply staying in flight and bombarding him with lightning. Then he also has no answer to getting stormbreaker smashed on his head.

Dude. I don't remember Thanos getting KO'd by the Lighting. Or even scratched. Or even burnt. Or him waling about the electricity running through his body.

So again, hurt?

And again, a gauntletless Thanos means a Thanos with his armor.

What makes you think Thor will even be able to actually hit Thanos without the surprise on his side?

WolvesofBabylon
The lightning strike on Thanos caught him off guard and knocked him down but didnt seem to actually hurt him at all.

Josh_Alexander
The lightning strike on Thanos caught him off guard and knocked him down but didnt seem to actually hurt him at all.

thumb up

Silent Master
The axe in his chest certainly hurt him.

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by Silent Master
The axe in his chest certainly hurt him.

Aye.

FrothByte

You and Josh don't know the meaning of the word "hurt". Hurt does not equal injured, does not equal bloodied, does not equal knocked out.

But the fact that it knocked down Thanos means it hurt him, unless you can give a real life example of someone getting completely knocked down by a blow that didn't hurt them?

Remember that Thor only hit Thanos once with lightning and that already face planted him. Claiming that that lightning bolt didn't hurt him is like claiming that Superman's headbutt didn't hurt Wonder Woman or that Bane's first few punches didn't hurt Batman. It's a ridiculously dumb statement to make.

FrothByte
Dude. I don't remember Thanos getting KO'd by the Lighting. Or even scratched. Or even burnt. Or him waling about the electricity running through his body.

So again, hurt?

And again, a gauntletless Thanos means a Thanos with his armor.

What makes you think Thor will even be able to actually hit Thanos without the surprise on his side?

Do you know what the meaning of the word hurt is? If I punch you in the chest, you're not going to get knocked out (hopefully), you're not going to get burnt, you're not going to bleed, you're not going to get scratched, heck you probably won't even get knocked down. But you'd have to be completely stupid to stupid to think it wouldn't hurt you. And repeated punches to the chest will eventually knock a person out if not outright kill them. The fact that a blow is strong enough to knock down someone means it hurts quite a bit and a blow that's strong enough to knock you down is not something you can take too much of.

Now, how exactly is Thanos going to fight Thor if Thor just stays in the air and spams lightning?

Darth Thor
You realize how hurt these guys are!? They even pretend to belief Thor can defeat Thanos.

Urm maybe because Thor did win their battle when Thanos had ALL THE INFINITY STONES.

Without those Stones its obvious Thor wins. And obvious whose butthurt here laughing out loud

Josh_Alexander
Do you know what the meaning of the word hurt is? If I punch you in the chest, you're not going to get knocked out (hopefully), you're not going to get burnt, you're not going to bleed, you're not going to get scratched, heck you probably won't even get knocked down. But you'd have to be completely stupid to stupid to think it wouldn't hurt you. And repeated punches to the chest will eventually knock a person out if not outright kill them. The fact that a blow is strong enough to knock down someone means it hurts quite a bit and a blow that's strong enough to knock you down is not something you can take too much of.

Now, how exactly is Thanos going to fight Thor if Thor just stays in the air and spams lightning?

Was that what your entire argument was all about? That just because Thor surprised Thanos with lightning and manage to strike him, and yes, maybe hurt him a bit (Which arguably, Hulk also hurt him a bit in his fight if we consider the word Hurt as you claim it to be) then Thor wins?

BOY PLEASE!!!!!

Give me a single clip where Thor has stayed in the air spamming lightning.

Also, I remember that whilst on Titan Thanos managed to make some pretty high leaps. I bet Thanos would jump, grab Thor's neck, and finish the Pretty boy.

Josh_Alexander
Urm maybe because Thor did win their battle when Thanos had ALL THE INFINITY STONES.

Without those Stones its obvious Thor wins. And obvious whose butthurt here laughing out loud

Under a surprise attack, sure!!! Also, i don't remember Thanos dying. He had enough time to mock Thor's intelligence and wipe out half the universe. He also had enough time to actually teleport away.

I'd say that If Thanos wouldn't have had the gauntlet, he would have had enough time to reach for Thor's neck and make it smash potato laughing out loud

But Thank's God that didn't happen, else you would have committed suicide by now laughing out loud

Darth Thor
Under a surprise attack, sure!!! Also, i don't remember Thanos dying.

Lol How was that a surprise attack? Thanos blocked the initial blow. You really are butt hurt.

Also You dont need to die to lost a fight facepalm

WolvesofBabylon
You and Josh don't know the meaning of the word "hurt". Hurt does not equal injured, does not equal bloodied, does not equal knocked out.

But the fact that it knocked down Thanos means it hurt him, unless you can give a real life example of someone getting completely knocked down by a blow that didn't hurt them?

Remember that Thor only hit Thanos once with lightning and that already face planted him. Claiming that that lightning bolt didn't hurt him is like claiming that Superman's headbutt didn't hurt Wonder Woman or that Bane's first few punches didn't hurt Batman. It's a ridiculously dumb statement to make.

Not true. If I am caught off guard and my 11 year old son runs into me, he can probably knock me down. Doesnt mean Im hurt or that he is powerful. Just that I wasnt ready to brace myself for the impact.

The scene shows Thanos being attacked out of nowhere and the lightning knocks him down. Flashes back to Thor and immdediately back to Thanos who is up and getting ready to attack. Probably within a few seconds of the lightning strike he is up and firing back at Thor so it obviously hurt him about as much as a bee sting probably.

Josh_Alexander
Lol How was that a surprise attack? Thanos blocked the initial blow. You really are butt hurt.

Lol, Thor appearing from nowhere and making such a fast attack.

Ain't like Thanos was expecting Thor.

Last time i check, unless specified by the OP, winning is via death.

And again, half the Universe was wiped and Thanos watched the horizon whilst Thor's ass still hurt. So DON'T MAKE ME LAUGH!

Josh_Alexander
Not true. If I am caught off guard and my 11 year old son runs into me, he can probably knock me down. Doesnt mean Im hurt or that he is powerful. Just that I wasnt ready to brace myself for the impact.

The scene shows Thanos being attacked out of nowhere and the lightning knocks him down. Flashes back to Thor and immdediately back to Thanos who is up and getting ready to attack. Probably within a few seconds of the lightning strike he is up and firing back at Thor so it obviously hurt him about as much as a bee sting probably.

Let's remember the fight in Titan, where Thanos tanked bombs, IM's blasters and Quill's lasers without him even bleeding.

Clearly Froth is desperate.

FrothByte

If your 11 yr old son slammed into your back with enough force to drive your face to the ground, you'd be lying if you said that didn't hurt.

Darth Thor

Silent Master

And again, half the Universe was wiped and Thanos watched the horizon whilst Thor's ass still hurt. So DON'T MAKE ME LAUGH!

Then you need to check again, because death has never been the only means of winning on this board.

Josh_Alexander

Silent Master
Still a surprise attack.

?????

Unless the OP states the parameter for the Thread then it is.

Post the rule that states death is the only way to win a fight.

Josh_Alexander

Josh_Alexander

BackFire
Avengers, pretty easily if the movie is anything to go by. Thanos had trouble even with the full Infinity Gauntlet. Thor might even be able to solo him. Hulk too, depending on how angry he is.

It's hard to know how strong Thanos is without any of the stones, since we didn't see him without any of them in the movie.

Silent Master
Still a surprise attack.

?????

Unless the OP states the parameter for the Thread then it is. It is the most clear way of defeat. What other way of winning do you suggest?

Then post the rule that states Death is the only way to win fights on this board.

Josh_Alexander
Then post the rule that states Death is the only way to win fights on this board.

There is not such rule. Nor did i ever claimed there was. Yet if Thanos isn't killed by this gang, how else can he be defeated?

At least, how was 'Thanos defeated' according to Darth Thor. Cause clearly, driving an axe through a man's torso and not killing him, ain't winning.

Silent Master

Prove it.

Josh_Alexander
Prove it.

What do you consider winning then?

Silent Master
What do you consider winning then?

Prove your claim.

Josh_Alexander
Prove your claim.

Death is a certain form of defeat. This ain't wrestling, or boxing, or football where things like K.O, who's score the most, or who hits the most wins.

Just like the fact that Thor managed to penetrate Thanos chest doesn't mean he won. Thanos survived, and he can still return and defeat Thor in Avengers 4. So again? Why should that be considered winning?

Just like when the Destroyer beat Thor, doesn't mean that the Destroyer won. However, when Thor killed the Destroyer, that is a victory.

Silent Master
You claimed that dying was the only way to win

Prove it

Josh_Alexander
You claimed that dying was the only way to win

Prove it

Just did

Silent Master
Just did

No you didn't, stop lying and actually provide the rule that states winning is via death unless otherwise stated by the OP.

Josh_Alexander
No you didn't, stop lying and actually provide the rule that states winning is via death unless otherwise stated by the OP.

Okay, won't waste my time with a useless/irrelevant topic which isn't of concern to this Thread.

Thor never defeated Thanos, and that's the bottom line.

Silent Master
You trying to change what constitutes a victory is extremely relevant to the thread.

Here is Darth saying that you don't need to die in order to lose a fight

Here is you claiming that unless otherwise stated by the OP, winning is determined by death. at no point in this do you say that death is just one of the ways to win. which means that you're saying it's the only way to win in this thread.

Josh_Alexander
You trying to change what constitutes a victory is extremely relevant to the thread.

Here is Darth saying that you don't need to die in order to lose a fight

Here is you claiming that unless otherwise stated by the OP, winning is determined by death. at no point in this do you say that death is just one of the ways to win. which means that you're saying it's the only way to win in this thread.

Well then proof that what Darth is saying is valid for defeat. Cause no rule states that driving a weapon through someone's chest is defeat.

Silent Master
Well then proof that what Darth is saying is valid for defeat. Cause no rule states that driving a weapon through someone's chest is defeat.

Back up your claim that death is the only way to win.

Josh_Alexander
Back up your claim that death is the only way to win.

Back up your claim that Thor defeated Thanos.

Silent Master
Back up your claim that Thor defeated Thanos.

Me and Darth are two different people.

Now back up your claim.

Josh_Alexander
Me and Darth are two different people.

Now back up your claim.

You are supporting Darth's claim that Thor won the fight. So now prove it.

Silent Master
You are supporting Darth's claim that Thor won the fight. So now prove it.

Even if I was supporting him, that doesn't make it my claim, let me guess. you're so scared of Darth making you look like a fool that you don't have the courage to question him on his claims.

Josh_Alexander
Even if I was supporting him, that doesn't make it my claim, let me guess. you're so scared of Darth making you look like a fool that you don't have the courage to question him on his claims.

The moment you support someone's claim it makes it yours too dummy.

So prove why you belief Darth Thor's claim.

Why should i be afraid of questioning Darth Thor's beliefs?

Silent Master
So I was right, you're too scared to challenge Darth over his claims. just like you're too scared to back up the claims you've made in regards to death being the only way t win.

Josh_Alexander
So I was right, you're too scared to challenge Darth over his claims. just like you're too scared to back up the claims you've made in regards to death being the only way t win.

Well am challenging you to defend your claim. I can challenge Darth after you.

Or are you saying you are incapable of backing your claims?

Silent Master
Quote the claim I made and I'll back it up.

FrothByte
If death was the only way to win a fight then there wouldn't be any winners in the UFC. And in a street fight, you could beat someone to an inch of their life but apparently that won't be considered a win in Josh's book.

Josh_Alexander
If death was the only way to win a fight then there wouldn't be any winners in the UFC. And in a street fight, you could beat someone to an inch of their life but apparently that won't be considered a win in Josh's book.

Well you'd have to proof that Thor can actually beat Thanos to such point.

And, ofcourse it would be a win. I can admit i made a mistake in my original thoughts.

FrothByte
Well you'd have to proof that Thor can actually beat Thanos to such point.

And, ofcourse it would be a win. I can admit i made a mistake in my original thoughts.

A win is won in two ways: One is when an opponent is unable to continue, either via KO, death, too much injury, etc.

The other is when an opponent doesn't want to continue, either via tap out or retreat.

In Thor and Thanos' last fight, Thanos retreated.

Josh_Alexander
A win is won in two ways: One is when an opponent is unable to continue, either via KO, death, too much injury, etc.

The other is when an opponent doesn't want to continue, either via tap out or retreat.

In Thor and Thanos' last fight, Thanos retreated.

Okay, i will accept the first one.

The second one however, that would all depend on the circumstances dude.

If Thanos would have retreated for fear of Thor, then you'd have a valid point.

Yet, Thanos didn't.

Thanos could have very well killed Thor right there if he so would have wished. He had the gauntlet in the end, and could have very well used it in several ways to obliterate him.

FrothByte
Okay, i will accept the first one.

The second one however, that would all depend on the circumstances dude.

If Thanos would have retreated for fear of Thor, then you'd have a valid point.

Yet, Thanos didn't.

Thanos could have very well killed Thor right there if he so would have wished. He had the gauntlet in the end, and could have very well used it in several ways to obliterate him.

That's simply your theory. There are many reasons why a retreat is smarter than continuing the fight, however a retreat is still a retreat.

Thanos had an axe in his chest, obviously paining him and he didn't have the stength to overpower Thor and take it out... otherwise he would have done so. He then retreated. You can attach whatever theory you want to it but bottom line is, Thanos was the one who was at a disadvantage and he retreated.

Josh_Alexander
That's simply your theory. There are many reasons why a retreat is smarter than continuing the fight, however a retreat is still a retreat.

Thanos had an axe in his chest, obviously paining him and he didn't have the stength to overpower Thor and take it out... otherwise he would have done so. He then retreated. You can attach whatever theory you want to it but bottom line is, Thanos was the one who was at a disadvantage and he retreated.

The context of the scene doesn't support you theory mr. Froth. If you think it does, then think again.

Thanos had the IG in his hand, with which he wiped half the universe!

He could have very well snapped his fingers and erase both SB and Thor, then heal himself, and erase half the universe all the same!

Or he could have reverted time, and prepare a better offensive. If you think Thanos retreated due to FEAR, then boy you don't really understand what happened in Infinity War

Silent Master
At the end of the fight Thor was uninjured and Thanos had an axe in his chest

Josh_Alexander
At the end of the fight Thor was uninjured and Thanos had an axe in his chest

Lol, surely everyone will congratule Thor for preventing Half the universe from being erased.

A shame he wasnt.

Silent Master
Do you agree that at the end of the fight Thor was uninjured and Thanos had an axe in his chest?

Josh_Alexander
Do you agree that at the end of the fight Thor was uninjured and Thanos had an axe in his chest?

Yes.

Do you agree that half the universe was wiped?

Silent Master
Yes, but what does that have to do with the fight?

Josh_Alexander
Yes, but what does that have to do with the fight?

Ohhh it has everything to do with winning the fight.

He had enough time to randomly erase half the universe. If he would have wished to, he would have had enough time to erase Thor and Mjolnir.

Who would have won the fight then?

Silent Master
We aren't debating what could have happened, we are talking about what actually happened. What actually happened was the fight ended with Thor being uninjured and Thanos leaving after having an axe embedded in his chest

Josh_Alexander
We aren't debating what could have happened, we are talking about what actually happened. What actually happened was the fight ended with Thor being uninjured and Thanos leaving after having an axe embedded in his chest

Can call it anything you want but losing.

Silent Master
Why?

Josh_Alexander
Why?

Why should it be losing?

Silent Master
Are you seriously asking me why leaving a fight after having an axe embedded in your chest shouldn't be called losing it?

Josh_Alexander
Are you seriously asking me why leaving a fight after having an axe embedded in your chest shouldn't be called losing it?

No, am asking why leaving a fight after having an axe embedded in your chest whilst having the Infinity Gauntlet in your hand should be called losing?

Silent Master
So if he didn't have the Infinity Gauntlet you would agree that he lost?

Josh_Alexander
So if he didn't have the Infinity Gauntlet you would agree that he lost?

Yeah.

Adam Grimes
OK then. So the general consensus is that Thanos would have died right then and there, had he not decided to flee like an annoying mouse?

Nice. thumb up

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by Adam Grimes
OK then. So the general consensus is that Thanos would have died right then and there, had he not decided to flee like an annoying mouse?

Nice. thumb up

Yeah, but surely not before killing Thor. thumb up

Silent Master
Yeah, but surely not before killing Thor. thumb up

So Thanos with complete Infinity Gauntlet wasn't able to kill Thor before taking an axe to the chest, but Thanos with zero Infinity Stones would?

quanchi112

Josh_Alexander
So Thanos with complete Infinity Gauntlet wasn't able to kill Thor before taking an axe to the chest, but Thanos with zero Infinity Stones would?

Thanos with the IG wasnt able to kill a Thor who appeared by surprise IN TIME before the SB hit him yes.

Aint like he couldnt have killed him should he have wanted to.

Josh_Alexander

Silent Master
Thanos with the IG wasnt able to kill a Thor who appeared by surprise IN TIME before the SB hit him yes.

Aint like he couldnt have killed him should he have wanted to.

As this Thanos has no Infinity Stones and Thor has teammates helping him, why do you believe Thor will not be able to hit Thanos again?

Josh_Alexander
As this Thanos has no Infinity Stones and Thor has teammates helping him, why do you believe Thor will not be able to hit Thanos again?

As i claimed SM, if the team plays together they have a chance. Otherwise Thanos defeats them 1 by 1

Silent Master
Why would Thor be the one to die in your scenario? he is after all the fastest, most skilled and has the best durability of the team.

Josh_Alexander
Why would Thor be the one to die in your scenario? he is after all the fastest, most skilled and has the best durability of the team.

They'd all die unless they play as a team.

Silent Master
Changing your argument, good idea.

Adam Grimes
Why would Thor lose against Thanos without the gems when he almost killed him with the IG. Ffs

FrothByte
As i claimed SM, if the team plays together they have a chance. Otherwise Thanos defeats them 1 by 1

You've been criticizing everyone here who comments against Thanos and yet you have not mentioned any evidence or proof to backup how Thanos w/o IG can actually defeat Thor w/ SB.

Silent Master
What proof do you have that Thanos without the IG can actually defeat SB Thor? You've been criticizing everyone here but I have yet to see you post proof.

It's interesting, I got him to admit that without The Infinity Gauntlet Thanos would have lost that fight. Then he turns around and acts like a Thanos without any Stones would somehow be the favorite in a fight between Thor, Iron Man and the Hulk.

It's like admitting that Tony what have lost to Captain America without his armor and then acting like Tony w/o armor would be the favorite in a fight between him Captain America, Black Widow and Winter Soldier.

h1a8
Avengers. Thor could possibly solo

quanchi112
Why would Thor lose against Thanos without the gems when he almost killed him with the IG. Ffs Context.

quanchi112
Originally posted by h1a8
Avengers. Thor could possibly solo Absurd.

Josh_Alexander
Changing your argument, good idea.

Changing my argument?

It would all depend on whether the team manages to pull out a good strategy. Otherwise they lose.

Are you aware of the panorama of this debate Mr. Silent? Or you just lied?

Josh_Alexander
You've been criticizing everyone here who comments against Thanos and yet you have not mentioned any evidence or proof to backup how Thanos w/o IG can actually defeat Thor w/ SB.

Your ignorance has been noted.

Thanos managed to defeat the Hulk in no more than 10-15s. And that's because Hulk appeared from nowhere in a surprise attack.

Thor also appeared from surprised, and didn't had the guts to warn the Titan of his coming.

IM won't survive enough.

Thanos would defeat if they don't play as a team.

Josh_Alexander
Why would Thor lose against Thanos without the gems when he almost killed him with the IG. Ffs

In a surprise attack you mean. You should be smarter than that.

Josh_Alexander
It's interesting, I got him to admit that without The Infinity Gauntlet Thanos would have lost that fight. Then he turns around and acts like a Thanos without any Stones would somehow be the favorite in a fight between Thor, Iron Man and the Hulk.

It's like admitting that Tony what have lost to Captain America without his armor and then acting like Tony w/o armor would be the favorite in a fight between him Captain America, Black Widow and Winter Soldier.

My god, that's the most stupid analogue i've heard in this board.

You actually comparing the fight between Cap and Iron Man to the treacherous attack by Thor??

WTH!

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by h1a8
Avengers. Thor could possibly solo

Your opinion is respected H1.

FrothByte
Your ignorance has been noted.

Thanos managed to defeat the Hulk in no more than 10-15s. And that's because Hulk appeared from nowhere in a surprise attack.

Thor also appeared from surprised, and didn't had the guts to warn the Titan of his coming.

IM won't survive enough.

Thanos would defeat if they don't play as a team.

Ok so how does this prove Thanos can beat SB Thor? Hulk never fought SB Thor, he never even fought a full fight against Ragnarok Thor, so Thanos beating hulk is no proof that he can beat sb Thor.

Adam Grimes
Your opinion is respected H1. This is funny coming from you

Josh_Alexander
Ok so how does this prove Thanos can beat SB Thor? Hulk never fought SB Thor, he never even fought a full fight against Ragnarok Thor, so Thanos beating hulk is no proof that he can beat sb Thor.

This thread is Avengers vs Thanos. Not Thor with SB vs Thanos.

Either Thanos wins, or the Avengers do.

We are not debating whether Thor with SB can defeat Thanos solo.

And no, the moment Thanos grabs Thor's neck, Thor dies regardless of SB.

This is funny coming from you

The Tribunal has always respected other's opinion although unfounded Mr. Adam.

Darth Thor

Obviously if Thor solos then Avengers win.

Yeah because Thor will just stand there and Let Thanos grab his neck.

Stop being butthurt. You arrogantly argued for months that Hulk beats Ragnarok Thor, so it must be killing you how Thanos stomped Hulk, and then a Massively more powerful Thanos got beat by Storm Breaker Thor.

Storm Breaker Thor obviously beats Regular Thanos. Deal with it.

FrothByte

The Tribunal has always respected other's opinion although unfounded Mr. Adam.

Which makes it even worse for Thanos. If SB Thor can solo Thanos then adding in the rest of the Avengers make this a stomp. So your whole "Thanos defeats them 1 by 1" makes no sense.

Also, Thanos won't be able to grab Thor's neck without getting an axe to the face.

Josh_Alexander
Which makes it even worse for Thanos. If SB Thor can solo Thanos then adding in the rest of the Avengers make this a stomp. So your whole "Thanos defeats them 1 by 1" makes no sense.

Also, Thanos won't be able to grab Thor's neck without getting an axe to the face.

Make a thread Thor with SB vs Thanos and we can debate it.

Obviously if Thor solos then Avengers win.

Yeah because Thor will just stand there and Let Thanos grab his neck.

Stop being butthurt. You arrogantly argued for months that Hulk beats Ragnarok Thor, so it must be killing you how Thanos stomped Hulk, and then a Massively more powerful Thanos got beat by Storm Breaker Thor.

Storm Breaker Thor obviously beats Regular Thanos. Deal with it.

The moment Thor avalanches himself over Thanos alone he gets killed and the rest of the avengers will follow.

And, i don't think Thor will be able to even touch Thanos in a fair match where Thor doesn't Come by surprise like he did in IW

The only butt hurt here is you.

FrothByte
Make a thread Thor with SB vs Thanos and we can debate it.

The moment Thor avalanches himself over Thanos alone he gets killed and the rest of the avengers will follow.

And, i don't think Thor will be able to even touch Thanos in a fair match where Thor doesn't Come by surprise like he did in IW

The only butt hurt here is you.

So post proof as to why SB Thor won't be able to touch Thanos w/o IG. Post some legitimate logic why you think Thanos can win over the Avengers instead of just repeating your opinion over and over again.

Josh_Alexander
So post proof as to why SB Thor won't be able to touch Thanos w/o IG. Post some legitimate logic why you think Thanos can win over the Avengers instead of just repeating your opinion over and over again.

Thanos is:
1. Stronger than Thor
2. More durable than Thor
3. The better and more experienced fighter
4. The smartest one (Which is clear the moment he told Thor,"You should have aimed at the head'.

Also, Thanos will have his Armor this time.

FrothByte
Thanos is:
1. Stronger than Thor
2. More durable than Thor
3. The better and more experienced fighter
4. The smartest one (Which is clear the moment he told Thor,"You should have aimed at the head'.

Also, Thanos will have his Armor this time.

1. In pure lifting strength sure. In striking power, no.
2. Please provide proof.
3. Please provide proof.
4. Sure, I'll give you that he's smarter. But not so much smarter that it will matter much in the fight.

Also, please elaborate how Thanos will defend against SB and Thor's lightning attacks.

Josh_Alexander
1. In pure lifting strength sure. In striking power, no.
2. Please provide proof.
3. Please provide proof.
4. Sure, I'll give you that he's smarter. But not so much smarter that it will matter much in the fight.

Also, please elaborate how Thanos will defend against SB and Thor's lightning attacks.

2. Thor wouldn't survive getting striked by Storm Breaker.
3. He is the Mad Titan, entire planets have fallen to him and it has been stated. He has conquered and decimated more planets than Odin have.
4. I believe you know the analogy of how the brains defeated the muscle right?

And in this case, Thanos has both the brains and the muscles. laughing out loud

We already discussed the lightning. I don't see Thor with SB penetrating Thanos' armor to be honest.

FrothByte
2. Thor wouldn't survive getting striked by Storm Breaker.
3. He is the Mad Titan, entire planets have fallen to him and it has been stated. He has conquered and decimated more planets than Odin have.
4. I believe you know the analogy of how the brains defeated the muscle right?

And in this case, Thanos has both the brains and the muscles. laughing out loud

We already discussed the lightning. I don't see Thor with SB penetrating Thanos' armor to be honest.

2. That's speculation on your part. Please provide proof to back it up.
3. That doesn't prove he's a better or more experienced fighter. A better warlord perhaps but not a better fighter in a 1 on 1 fight. Again, please provide proof.
4. Only when prep time is allowed. In the middle of a fight, brains won't matter as much as brawn, otherwise your average nerd should easily beat your average jock in a fist fight.

As for SB not penetrating Thanos' armor, please provide proof.

Josh_Alexander
2. That's speculation on your part. Please provide proof to back it up.
3. That doesn't prove he's a better or more experienced fighter. A better warlord perhaps but not a better fighter in a 1 on 1 fight. Again, please provide proof.
4. Only when prep time is allowed. In the middle of a fight, brains won't matter as much as brawn, otherwise your average nerd should easily beat your average jock in a fist fight.

As for SB not penetrating Thanos' armor, please provide proof.

2. I will assume you are playing ignorance. Hela almost killed Thor by penetrating him with a knife in their final fight.

Now SB>>>>>>>>>A knife from Hela. And even worse, Thor didn't got penetrated in the chest.

3. How many planets have Thor wiped?

4. Well, i've already proven that Thanos stronger than Thor. Provide proof SB can penetrate Thanos armor.

FrothByte
2. I will assume you are playing ignorance. Hela almost killed Thor by penetrating him with a knife in their final fight.

Now SB>>>>>>>>>A knife from Hela. And even worse, Thor didn't got penetrated in the chest.

3. How many planets have Thor wiped?

4. Well, i've already proven that Thanos stronger than Thor. Provide proof SB can penetrate Thanos armor.

2. Almost killed? Hela hit stabbed Thor with a knife, ran him through with a spear and cut at his head with a sword. While all of them penetrated, he was not close to dying at any point. Please watch the movie first before commenting. Now, where's your proof that Thor won't survive a hit from SB?

3. What has that got to do with proving Thanos as a better fighter? Are you claiming that Thanos wiped entire planets by his lonesome?

4. Nuh uh, you're the one claiming Thanos's armor can withstand SB, therefore you need to back up your claim. I don't need to prove anything since we already know that SB can indeed penetrate Thanos.

Josh_Alexander
2. Almost killed? Hela hit stabbed Thor with a knife, ran him through with a spear and cut at his head with a sword. While all of them penetrated, he was not close to dying at any point. Please watch the movie first before commenting. Now, where's your proof that Thor won't survive a hit from SB?

3. What has that got to do with proving Thanos as a better fighter? Are you claiming that Thanos wiped entire planets by his lonesome?

4. Nuh uh, you're the one claiming Thanos's armor can withstand SB, therefore you need to back up your claim. I don't need to prove anything since we already know that SB can indeed penetrate Thanos.

2. He went to an unconscious state. Thanos never did went to an unconscious state and even mocked Thor.

Are you saying Hela's spear/knife >>> SB? laughing out loud

3. How many planets has Thor wiped/conquered? He defeated Thor in less time and with less effort than Thor did.

4. Thanos without Armor. You are the one attributing feats to SB which he doesn't possess.

And if Thanos without armor could survive getting penetrated on the chest by SB without suit, i think i don't need to tell you what the purpose of an armor is....laughing out loud

Josh_Alexander

And again Mr. Froth, this thread doesn't concern Thor with SB vs Thanos.

If you wish to bring an argument of such manner, i can go an make a proper thread.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>