Thanos vs. Steppenwolf

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FrothByte
This is Thanos w/ only the power gem as he was in the beginning of the movie. How does he compare vs. Steppenwolf?

Round 1: Pure h2h
Round 2: Steppenwolf gets his axe

Fight takes place in the fields of Themyscira where Steppenwolf fought the Amazons.

h1a8
Thanos would win in a h2h fight without a doubt.

The axe would be hard to block, catch, or dodge by Thanos. I can see either winning that fight.

Estacado
Thanos has the gem he easily wins.

h2h he doesnt even need the gem.

FrothByte
Originally posted by Estacado
Thanos has the gem he easily wins.

h2h he doesnt even need the gem.

We don't have feats for Thanos without the gem, which is why I included it.

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by FrothByte
This is Thanos w/ only the power gem as he was in the beginning of the movie. How does he compare vs. Steppenwolf?

Round 1: Pure h2h
Round 2: Steppenwolf gets his axe

Fight takes place in the fields of Themyscira where Steppenwolf fought the Amazons.

Dont make me laugh.

Inhuman
Originally posted by FrothByte
We don't have feats for Thanos without the gem, which is why I included it.

On a second viewing, I still stand with The Russo's way of interpreting how the gems and Gauntlet worked is that the gems have to be activated and then they glow when being used.
The gem had no glow in the Hulk fight. They did any time Thanos used them.
Also on Titan , Strange said, "Don't let him close his fist". Why would he say that? Every line of dialog in this movie had some meaning behind it. It meant that per the Russos vision in this movie, the gems in the Gauntlet had to be "activated" somehow when they are used.

There is more evidence to state that Thanos was not using the gem fighting Hulk then there is evidence trying to state that he was using the gem.

carthage
Thanos easily in both scenarios

The Ellimist
Without the gem, IDK how we can scale the two's strengths easily.

With the gem, Thanos oneshots with ease if he isn't jobbing.

h1a8
Originally posted by Inhuman
On a second viewing, I still stand with The Russo's way of interpreting how the gems and Gauntlet worked is that the gems have to be activated and then they glow when being used.
Also on Titan , Strange said, "Don't let him close his fist". Why would he say that? Every line of dialog in this movie had some meaning behind it. It meant that per the Russos vision in this movie, the gems in the Gauntlet had to be "activated" somehow when they are used.

There is more evidence to state that Thanos was not using the gem fighting Hulk then there is evidence trying to state that he was using the gem.

Thanos had his fists closed when he punched Hulk. So its inconclusive.

h1a8
Originally posted by The Ellimist
Without the gem, IDK how we can scale the two's strengths easily.

With the gem, Thanos oneshots with ease if he isn't jobbing.

He has no feat that says he one shots. Thanos wins though.

BruceSkywalker
Thanos takes both

He proly one shots

gauntlet o doom
Originally posted by h1a8

The first was an open palm jab to the throat.

Inhuman

It's not only about having his fists closed it's about activating the gems somehow when he closes his hand and then they start to Glow. They don't activate just cause he closes his fist all the time. He had his hands close plenty of times without any of the gems being used or activated.
There was no purple Glow In The Hulk fight.

TheVaultDweller
It's not only about having his fists closed it's about activating the gems somehow and then they start to Glow.
There was no purple Glow In The Hulk fight.

In contrast, the stone glowed while torturing Thor, right before, and when Thanos released the purple energy pulse that caused the ship to explode, right after.

Inhuman
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
In contrast, the stone glowed while torturing Thor, right before, and when Thanos released the purple energy pulse that caused the ship to explode, right after.

Right. That is when he actually activated it. It didn't glow in the Hulk fight.
Also the gem didn't glow when Thanos choked Loki to death, And Loki has been one of the most durable characters in the MCU.

Josh_Alexander

Right? Dont waste much time with Froth, he hasnt watch the movie dude.

Josh_Alexander

Dude, the fact that the fist is closed doesnt mean its being used! Thanos decides when to use it, yet it seems that it can only happen when its closed.

Aint like he has to have his fist open all the time he doesnt want to use the gauntlet.

Estacado
But his fist was closed!!!!444

Josh_Alexander
But his fist was closed!!!!444

I don't see it as if the fist is closed he will shoot at his feet. Aint like he has to make sure never to close the fist when he sleeps because he could reality warp his bed into a nail bed. laughing out loud

Or he has to make sure to never close his fist while shitting cause he might stop time and never finish his duties laughing out loud

The gauntlet clearly is more complex than that. Thanos seems to be able to willingly decide when to use the gauntlet for which he NEEDS to close his fist.

Not like the gauntlet automatically activates each time he closes his fist.

Estacado
You have no idea on how the Gauntlet works....h1 used it before and he is an expert on the matter...

Josh_Alexander
You have no idea on how the Gauntlet works....h1 used it before and he is an expert on the matter...

laughing out loud

h1a8
Originally posted by Josh_Alexander
Dude, the fact that the fist is closed doesnt mean its being used! Thanos decides when to use it, yet it seems that it can only happen when its closed.

Aint like he has to have his fist open all the time he doesnt want to use the gauntlet. I didn't claim that Thanos used it.
Just like you can't claim the didn't use it.

I said it was inconclusive.

quanchi112
Thanos dominates.

TheLordofMurder
Spite...

Thanos wins with or without an Infinity Gem...

The Spectre+
supes made steppenwolf look like a baby almost crying for his nephews help.Thanos....only a glance at steppenwolf,and he'll be in apokolips in no time.

quanchi112

The Spectre+
Yes.He faced the JL without supes and was doing well until clark came and said "is this guy still bothering you" then the ragdolling began.

Silent Master
Thanos wins

quanchi112

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.