Thanos attempts to enter the Heavy Weight division...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheLordofMurder
Thanos without the Infinity Gauntlet runs the following gauntlet against some of the most powerful characters to appear in a MCU movie...

All battles are to the Death or KO with no BFR allowed...

Thanos is restored to full strength after every round of combat...

How far does Thanos of Titan get?

1) The Asgardian Destroyer...
2) Hela...
3) Ego...
4) Surtur...
5) Dormmamu...

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
Thanos without the Infinity Gauntlet runs the following gauntlet against some of the most powerful characters to appear in a MCU movie...

All battles are to the Death or KO with no BFR allowed...

Thanos is restored to full strength after every round of combat...

How far does Thanos of Titan get?

1) The Asgardian Destroyer...
2) Hela...
3) Ego...
4) Surtur...
5) Dormmamu...

Passes Hela if she ain't on Asgard.

3. Ego wins.
4. Small Surtur or Asgard bursting Surtur?
5. Dormammu is almost Universal in power, so hell no.

WolvesofBabylon
Beats 1 easily. Hela could win but Id go with Thanos. Does not beat 3-5 iin my opinion.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by Josh_Alexander
Passes Hela if she ain't on Asgard.

3. Ego wins.
4. Small Surtur or Asgard bursting Surtur?
5. Dormammu is almost Universal in power, so hell no.

Asgard busting Surtur...

FrothByte
A completed IG? He could probably snap his fingers and will these guys out of existence other than Dormammu.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by FrothByte
A completed IG? He could probably snap his fingers and will these guys out of existence other than Dormammu.

No Infinity Gauntlet...

Josh_Alexander
Asgard busting Surtur...

Surtur Wins.

FrothByte
No Infinity Gauntlet...

He might not get passed 1 then. If he does then he definitely stops at 2.

TheVaultDweller
Stops at 2 IMO. Unfortunately, it's hard to know the limits of his durability without the gauntlet.

gauntlet o doom
Without the gauntlet, he'd be a... very intelligent and stronger Hulk?

I don't see how he can hurt Dormammu.
He'd likely be squashed by the giant Surtur.
Same with Ego.
He can probably beat Hela but he'd take quite a beating.
He'll beat the Destroyer.

FrothByte
Originally posted by gauntlet o doom
Without the gauntlet, he'd be a... very intelligent and stronger Hulk?

I don't see how he can hurt Dormammu.
He'd likely be squashed by the giant Surtur.
Same with Ego.
He can probably beat Hela but he'd take quite a beating.
He'll beat the Destroyer.

I don't see how he can beat Hela. She'll just spam him swords and spears. And whatever damage he does to her with his fists she'll just heal from.

xPRIMEx
Thanos is said to be the most powerful being in the universe in Gaurdians of the Galaxy (before he had the infinity stones). He should win all except Dormammu

FrothByte
Originally posted by xPRIMEx
Thanos is said to be the most powerful being in the universe in Gaurdians of the Galaxy (before he had the infinity stones). He should win all except Dormammu

I doubt it. He doesn't have the feats to support it.

Silent Master
Wasn't it Gamora who said that?

TheVaultDweller
It was Korath, when Ronan got the Power Stone:

Korath: "Master, you cannot! Thanos is the most powerful being in the universe!"

Ronan: "Not anymore."

Silent Master
Ah, Thanks.

Did Korath know about Odin, Thor, Hela, Ego, Dormammu or Surtur?

TheVaultDweller
No idea. He didn't really have a lot of screen time before being killed by Drax, so his knowledge of the rest of the universe is anyone's guess. I would hazard a guess that he probably didn't know about Hela and Surtur though, considering even Thor didn't know about the one and thought the other was dead.

Nephthys
Loses to Hela.

Silent Master
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
No idea. He didn't really have a lot of screen time before being killed by Drax, so his knowledge of the rest of the universe is anyone's guess. I would hazard a guess that he probably didn't know about Hela and Surtur though, considering even Thor didn't know about the one and thought the other was dead.

smile

Exactly, so I wonder why people are taking his word for it.

Psychotron
Hela stops him.

The Ellimist
Speed and a lack of versatility are Thanos's biggest weaknesses here. Otherwise, I think people are forgetting just how absurdly strong he is (beating Hulk to near death and making him scared to come back out within seconds), and that the Avengers with all their firepower only made him slightly bleed once.

xPRIMEx
I doubt it. He doesn't have the feats to support it.
Him stomping the Hulk and multiple quotes claiming he is the most powerful being in the universe (one before getting the infinity stones, one after getting the space and power stone) seems like enough for me.

Silent Master
Originally posted by xPRIMEx
Him stomping the Hulk and multiple quotes claiming he is the most powerful being in the universe (one before getting the infinity stones, one after getting the space and power stone) seems like enough for me.

Was the person who made the statement(pre-IW) aware of people like Hela, Ego, Surtur and Dormmamu?

FrothByte
Originally posted by The Ellimist
Speed and a lack of versatility are Thanos's biggest weaknesses here. Otherwise, I think people are forgetting just how absurdly strong he is (beating Hulk to near death and making him scared to come back out within seconds), and that the Avengers with all their firepower only made him slightly bleed once.

Pure physical strength is not going to be enough for the opponents in this match.

TheLordofMurder
Interesting results thus far...

thumb up

To piggy back on what some here have said, I too am not certain that Thanos could defeat Hela...

She appears to have incredible durability, but her durability has limits (as Surtur is apparently able to kill her)...

In the unlikely event that he gets past Hela, I do feel that he stops dead at Ego...

TheLordofMurder
Pure physical strength is not going to be enough for the opponents in this match.

Agreed...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.