How to deal with nosey/invasive people.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

atv2
It's been a while since I've been here but lately I've been dealing with people who are invasive and feel a need to be in everyone's business for the sake of attention. They always have to ask me what I'm doing? or where I'm going? as if I have to answer them when I don't. I've been a big target of this lately, I find it very offensive and It's been extremely irritating to deal with to the point that there's a huge weight on me that they come with the intent of deceiving me into feeling beneath them. What are some solutions or remedies of dealing with invasive people?

SquallX
Are these people friends? If they are, maybe they just want to spend some times with you.

If their not friends, just tell them to back off.

also, some people actually have no idea of their being incencitives to others needs. What might look okay to them, might not be with someone else.

Just talk to them before you lose your cool and possibly loses those people.

atv2
Originally posted by SquallX
Are these people friends? If they are, maybe they just want to spend some times with you.

If their not friends, just tell them to back off.

also, some people actually have no idea of their being incencitives to others needs. What might look okay to them, might not be with someone else.

Just talk to them before you lose your cool and possibly loses those people.

No way! I would be at a shame to call them friends but they really got under my skin with their approaches. The solution sounds good. I know I'm used to being kind to the people around but it doesn't mean I don't get offended and it matters how I'm treated. A lot of times I struggle with compassion and confrontation.

SquallX

JKBart
kill them imo

Kurk
Originally posted by JKBart
kill them imo
thumb up

dadudemon
Originally posted by atv2
It's been a while since I've been here but lately I've been dealing with people who are invasive and feel a need to be in everyone's business for the sake of attention. They always have to ask me what I'm doing? or where I'm going? as if I have to answer them when I don't. I've been a big target of this lately, I find it very offensive and It's been extremely irritating to deal with to the point that there's a huge weight on me that they come with the intent of deceiving me into feeling beneath them. What are some solutions or remedies of dealing with invasive people?

You sound like an introvert and you sound like you do not like confrontation. Bad combination for someone who wants privacy and boundaries as people take advantage of people like you.

However, and this is going to be the hard part: you MUST set clear boundaries.

Solution 1: Directly Setting Boundaries

When asked by people you do not feel intimate or comfortable with sharing those details, clearly state, with a disarming chuckle, "Oh...I'm a private person I don't like to talk about my private life too much. But what you are doing this weekend?"

If you feel that is awkward (it is), say this, "You know, the standard chores and errands. Hey, what are you doing this weekend? Anything fun?"

In other words, you have to learn how to small talk while still maintaining your boundaries.

Solution 2: The Wingman Solution

Befriend a strong-willed, outgoing, charismatic friend who has your back to put a stop to these things or who can quickly alter the subject to spare you from the embarrassment.

This solution can be difficult because extroverted people of that type will often drag you into situations that are uncomfortable just due to their nature. So you will need to find a person to befriend like this who also has high emotional intelligence and social grace.

Surtur

Kanye, is that you?

Robtard
Originally posted by dadudemon
You sound like an introvert and you sound like you do not like confrontation. Bad combination for someone who wants privacy and boundaries as people take advantage of people like you.

However, and this is going to be the hard part: you MUST set clear boundaries.

Solution 1: Directly Setting Boundaries

When asked by people you do not feel intimate or comfortable with sharing those details, clearly state, with a disarming chuckle, "Oh...I'm a private person I don't like to talk about my private life too much. But what you are doing this weekend?"

If you feel that is awkward (it is), say this, "You know, the standard chores and errands. Hey, what are you doing this weekend? Anything fun?"

In other words, you have to learn how to small talk while still maintaining your boundaries.

Solution 2: The Wingman Solution

Befriend a strong-willed, outgoing, charismatic friend who has your back to put a stop to these things or who can quickly alter the subject to spare you from the embarrassment.

This solution can be difficult because extroverted people of that type will often drag you into situations that are uncomfortable just due to their nature. So you will need to find a person to befriend like this who also has high emotional intelligence and social grace.

^What he said and also:

Solution 3: Show Dominance via Sodomy

Wrestle him/her/them to the ground and then forcibly anally penetrate them thereby asserting your dominance and superiority of the situation.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Robtard
^What he said and also:

Wrestle him/her/them to the ground and then forcibly anally penetrate them thereby asserting your dominance and superiority of the situation.

Remember Force Rape? Where you use the force to telekinetically push and pull their butthole in and out, rapidly?

Maaaaaan, those were the days in the Movie Versus Forum.

Robtard
Originally posted by dadudemon
Remember Force Rape? Where you use the force to telekinetically push and pull their butthole in and out, rapidly?

Maaaaaan, those were the days in the Movie Versus Forum.

How could I forget?

JKBart
Originally posted by JKBart
kill them imo

jesus christ the best answer has only 3 words and you guys continue ranting lol

ArtificialGlory
^What he said and also:

Solution 4: Cuckoldry. Show dominance by having sex with their significant other.

Flyattractor
Nah. Just Kill em. That is what True Alpha's do. Cause Sex Don't Cure Stupid and Annoying. Death Does.

MythLord
Chopping their nose off works, too.

Emperordmb
^What he said and also:

That's not funny, you should be banned for perpetuating rape culture.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Emperordmb

But its OK when They rape.

atv2
Thanks abunch for the advice. It's been a struggle. Today I had to put into practice communicating boundaries and was respected for it.

Robtard
Thanks abunch for the advice. It's been a struggle. Today I had to put into practice communicating boundaries and was respected for it.

You opted for Solution #1, not a bad choice, but not as bold as opting for Solution #3, imho.

Surtur
Originally posted by Emperordmb

Indeed. 1 in 5 wamen are sexually assaulted.

DO SOMETHING

Flyattractor
Send the other 4 around if they is hot....I'll handle it.

Rick Deckard
To the OP: If you don't care about what these people think of you, when they ask you what you're doing/where you're going, either ignore them completely, or tell them to **** off. Then, they'll stop talking to you & will avoid you, and the problem is solved.

I myself hate it when people ask me personal questions, especially strangers. I'll either ignore them completely, or tell them to to go hell. Problem solved.

atv2
Originally posted by Surtur
Kanye, is that you?

Let's just say I've been in need of "Jesus walking with me". It's been a crazy ride these past few months.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.