Avengers 1 Million (What team could beat them?)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Stoic
Title says it all.

As seen in "Earth's Mightiest Heroes Avengers #1".

Avengers 1 Million
Odin, Phoenix, Agamotto, Black Panther (fully Powered), Iron Fist (fully powered), Star Brand (Hulk), Spirit of Vengeance.

Is there a team that has existed in all of comics that could defeat this team?

Can be any team from any comic universe.

No Pre Crisis characters, as they are no longer canon.

Zack M
Justice League Dark.

cdtm
He said Iron Fist (Fully powered)

No one no where is beating that.

Unless it's Misty Knight.

Zack M
Constantine can beat all. Even the Presence.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by Zack M
Constantine can beat all. Even the Presence. http://images.killermovies.com/forums/custom_avatars/avatar118627_36.gif

DarkSaint85
Justice League Dark.

This.

riv6672
Why was the first thread locked?

DarkSaint85
Probably a 50/50 decision, as one was a duplicate.

leonidas
i don't see the jld beating that team at all....not without some substantial, one-sided prep, though i suppose it depends a little on who you want to include as members of the core line-up...

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by leonidas
i don't see the jld beating that team at all....not without some substantial, one-sided prep, though i suppose it depends a little on who you want to include as members of the core line-up...

Phantom Stranger, the Presence, the Golgo Force, the usual.

leonidas
ah. that team may have a chance. thumb up

Zack M
Lol, the team composed of Phantom Stranger, Zauriel (who erased Phantom Stranger from existence), Pandora, Swamp Thing, Nightmare Nurse, Zatanna, and Madame Xanadu. That is a LOT of fire power there. Just an aspect of Pandora was able to destroy and remake the universe, with ease. You got to go back and read the series again, because that is one of the most powerful lineups in comics.

Stoic
Lol, the team composed of Phantom Stranger, Zauriel (who erased Phantom Stranger from existence), Pandora, Swamp Thing, Nightmare Nurse, Zatanna, and Madame Xanadu. That is a LOT of fire power there. Just an aspect of Pandora was able to destroy and remake the universe, with ease. You got to go back and read the series again, because that is one of the most powerful lineups in comics.

Wasn't that extremely circumstantial? There's no prep time going in. They see each other, and the go at it full force. Avengers 1 Million are packing a lot of power too.

Zack M
Originally posted by Stoic
Wasn't that extremely circumstantial? There's no prep time going in. They see each other, and the go at it full force. Avengers 1 Million are packing a lot of power too.

What was? I didn't even list the battle feats.

Galan007
Title says it all.

As seen in "Earth's Mightiest Heroes Avengers #1".

Avengers 1 Million
Odin, Phoenix, Agamotto, Black Panther (fully Powered), Iron Fist (fully powered), Star Brand (Hulk), Spirit of Vengeance.

Is there a team that has existed in all of comics that could defeat this team? The Superman Squad would beat this team easily, as would the JLA 1M.

leonidas
not sure who's in the superman squad, but i don't see jla 1M beating this group....

Galan007
The Superman Squad's roster consists of three 5D imps(Mxy, Bat-Mite, and Klyzyzk Klzntplkz.)

The JLA 1M has Hourman /w/ a complete Worlogog.

Zack M
And Resurrection Man, an army of Atom 1M, Hourman, etc...

leonidas
lol yeah with hourman they clearly win. i guess i was thinking of just the main core members. thumb up

Dareangel
what?? who are the avengers 1 million? i know about the JLA 1 million...

alright, just looked up. so its basically phoenix, strange, black panther, iron fist and starbrand.only they are butt naked. butt naked phoenix looks nice

Stoic
Originally posted by Dareangel
what?? who are the avengers 1 million? i know about the JLA 1 million...

alright, just looked up. so its basically phoenix, strange, black panther, iron fist and starbrand.only they are butt naked. butt naked phoenix looks nice

Nope. Look again.

One Big Mob
Has Aaron expanded on if that's Panther God or not? Same as if it's Zarathos?
I also don't like the implication that Agamotto is a "human".

Either way I'm sure to be disappointed.

celeyhyga17
Agamotto isn't human. At least that's how it's always been. Maybe it's just a form he's taking.

Stoic
Originally posted by One Big Mob
Has Aaron expanded on if that's Panther God or not? Same as if it's Zarathos?
I also don't like the implication that Agamotto is a "human".

Either way I'm sure to be disappointed.

Yeah the Panther is a God. It was seen in this teams first appearance a few months back when they went up against a rogue Celestial. Starbrand had a different host though.

Zack M
Along with Justice League Dark, the Council of Eternity (Futures End) can also beat this team. The Council consisted of:

Blight
Eclipso
Trigon the Terrible
Sin-Eater
Mr. E
Zauriel
etc...

https://i.imgur.com/IJbvtJN.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/dUtEtMW.jpg

Stoic
And what did Trigon's team do exactly?

Baziemarc123
it's actually avengers 10,000 B.C. not "1 mill"

Stoic
Originally posted by Baziemarc123
it's actually avengers 10,000 B.C. not "1 mill"

Thanks. Could have swore that I read 1 mill, but anyway good catch.

DarkSaint85

Yeah....don't see them seeing off the Phantom Stranger et al. They also had Shade the Changing Man,Timothy Hunter.....yeah. They could stomp.

Baziemarc123
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Yeah....don't see them seeing off the Phantom Stranger et al. They also had Shade the Changing Man,Timothy Hunter.....yeah. They could stomp.

feats for both of them?

StiltmanFTW
Thanks. Could have swore that I read 1 mill, but anyway good catch.

http://assets1.ignimgs.com/2017/07/27/legacy-blackpanther-1501184636043_1280w.jpg

DarkSaint85
feats for both of them?

http://vsbattles.wikia.com/wiki/Timothy_Hunter

Then there's Deadman, who can possess people.

StiltmanFTW
Can Tim beat Harry Potter? biscuits

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Can Tim beat Harry Potter? biscuits

Lol.

Tim can create multiple worlds. Subconsciously.

https://imgur.com/a/pE7Mr

Zack M
Tim wasn't on the lineup I was talking about. I did forget about Deadman, though.

DarkSaint85
Nonetheless, he was a part of JLD.

Baziemarc123
Lol.

Tim can create multiple worlds. Subconsciously.

https://imgur.com/a/pE7Mr

worlds as in universe? and the avengers team defeated the celestial

DarkSaint85
worlds as in universe? and the avengers team defeated the celestial

I see it more as parallel universes.

And OK. That doesn't seem all that.

Baziemarc123

And OK. That doesn't seem all that.

a single celestial is infinintely stronger than cosmic cubes, and cosmic cubes have trans-multiversal feats

One Big Mob

And OK. That doesn't seem all that. Celestials being shit is kind of a ZopZop meme. They don't have the presence they once did but they aren't complete ass in terms of power showings besides that stupid axe.

That being said, it's a lot more of a Celestial showing than it is an Avengers 1 Million showing. I'm sure Aaron is going to drag them through the sun and back but right now, they look alright.

DarkSaint85
a single celestial is infinintely stronger than cosmic cubes, and cosmic cubes have trans-multiversal feats

Lol. Ok Mr 1,000,000

Stoic

They can be but it depends on the Celestial.

Zack M
Tim was creating thousands of universes and he didn't even know it. He's much more powerful than a celestial. An evil version of Tim killed the Spectre and all of DCs mages.

Baziemarc123
Tim was creating thousands of universes and he didn't even know it. He's much more powerful than a celestial. An evil version of Tim killed the Spectre and all of DCs mages.

can you post it?

and celestials created the marvel multiverse

Zack M
can you post it?

and celestials created the marvel multiverse

Don't have the scans on hand, but Galan showed them before. This is per Operator

All of creation equals Multiverse.

DarkSaint85
Moreover, defeating a Celestial does not mean you are more powerful overall.

Metallo can defeat Superman using his weakness. Doesn't mean he can beat any other herald Superman can beat.

Beating a sick Celestial does not mean beating a Cosmic Cube, lol.

One Big Mob
I wonder how a modern issue would depict Cube Beings, A Cosmic Cube and Celestials in relation to each other. I know of the GoTG DnA story that had the Celestial Cage, but I'm speaking more of Poowing or Gayson Erin.

I bet Hickman would have Celestials blow out a Cube Being and maybe, maybe the Cosmic Cube, since I'd feel he'd write them different, but he doesn't exist anymore.

Baziemarc123
Where can I read on this Tim dude?

DarkSaint85
Books of Magic.

Baziemarc123
Books of Magic.

I don't see the JLD winning. Agamotto is multiversal based on feats, he was even destroying the 616 with his mere presence

panthergod
The Quintessence.

Ganthet
Phantom Stranger
Shazam
Highfather
Zeus

quanchi112
Originally posted by panthergod
The Quintessence.

Ganthet
Phantom Stranger
Shazam
Highfather
Zeus They lose.

Zack M
I don't see the JLD winning. Agamotto is multiversal based on feats, he was even destroying the 616 with his mere presence

Phantom strangers fight with Spectre was going to destroy all of creation, according to the Presence. All of creation equals Omniverse. Phantom Stranger would destroy Agamotto.

quanchi112
Phantom strangers fight with Spectre was going to destroy all of creation, according to the Presence. All of creation equals Omniverse. Phantom Stranger would destroy Agamotto. Nah.

Baziemarc123
Phantom strangers fight with Spectre was going to destroy all of creation, according to the Presence. All of creation equals Omniverse. Phantom Stranger would destroy Agamotto.

a shared feat, really? and yeah overtime.

Other than that, he's pretty much featless

Zack M
a shared feat, really? and yeah overtime.

Other than that, he's pretty much featless

Nah, Phantom Stranger has a lot of feats, combining with his solo series, Jld, and Trinity of Sin. He's Spectre level.

Baziemarc123
Nah, Phantom Stranger has a lot of feats, combining with his solo series, Jld, and Trinity of Sin. He's Spectre level.

like what that's even remotely close to agamotto?

Zack M
Agomotto isn't Spectre level.

Baziemarc123
Agomotto isn't Spectre level.

New 52 Spectre isn't the same as Post crisis, and only thing I can think of is him fighting off pandora

quanchi112
Nah, Phantom Stranger has a lot of feats, combining with his solo series, Jld, and Trinity of Sin. He's Spectre level. Nah, but the spectre is vastly overrated anyways.

Zack M
Yes, and Pandora can destroy and re-create the entire Multiverse with a mere shudder of her eye. And that is only one aspect of her. Agamotto has nothing on that.

quanchi112
Yes, and Pandora can destroy and re-create the entire Multiverse with a mere shudder of her eye. And that is only one aspect of her. Agamotto has nothing on that. Nah.

Baziemarc123
Yes, and Pandora can destroy and re-create the entire Multiverse with a mere shudder of her eye. And that is only one aspect of her. Agamotto has nothing on that.

When did an aspect of her do that? You talking about the sins?

Zack M
When did an aspect of her do that? You talking about the sins?

Yes, they all were just mere aspects of Pandora.

Baziemarc123
Yes, they all were just mere aspects of Pandora.

just remembered, pandora and spectre never really fought, but PS told her to fear of spectre

Zack M
They were basically peers. JLD has too much fire power. They were designed that way

Baziemarc123
They were basically peers. JLD has too much fire power. They were designed that way

to my knowledge PS, and Tim are the only threats. How is Deadman and shade the changing man bringing the firepower here?

Zack M
My lineup doesn't include Tim. Pandora, Zauruel who erased Phantom Stranger from existence, Swamp Thing, deadman, etc...

You also have Nightmare Nurse, Zatanna, and Madame Xanadue who froze time throughout the entire MULTIVERSE. during that time, Multiverse was infinite universes .

Stoic
My lineup doesn't include Tim. Pandora, Zauruel who erased Phantom Stranger from existence, Swamp Thing, deadman, etc...

You also have Nightmare Nurse, Zatanna, and Madame Xanadue who froze time throughout the entire MULTIVERSE. during that time, Multiverse was infinite universes .

Dr. Strange is far weaker than Agamotto and Strange can freeze time as well. Time may not work on these guys the way that it would on regular Earthly heroes. Odin can manipulate time. Just wanted to point that out.

abhilegend
Scarlet Centurion froze Odin in time pretty easily.

Baziemarc123
Originally posted by abhilegend
Scarlet Centurion froze Odin in time pretty easily.

Kang tech is pretty op though.

quanchi112
Standard plot devices we have seen a million times varying from story to story.

abhilegend
Kang tech is pretty op though.
Is it now? It can freeze time across multiverse?

Zack M
I highly doubt it could.

Baziemarc123
Is it now? It can freeze time across multiverse?

PS got owned by etrigan, strange with eye of agamotto beat dormammu, same dormammu that stood in the heat of eternity with billions of big bangs detonating in his face. extremely better than standing in nexus where universes may not collide since it was never shown on panel of any universe even touching phantom stranger, strange with eye of agamotto beat death too.

deadman or shade arent that powerful by feats

DarkSaint85
PS got owned by etrigan, strange with eye of agamotto beat dormammu, same dormammu that stood in the heat of eternity with billions of big bangs detonating in his face. extremely better than standing in nexus where universes may not collide since it was never shown on panel of any universe even touching phantom stranger, strange with eye of agamotto beat death too.

deadman or shade arent that powerful by feats

Is this Agamotto One Million BC who did all those feats?

Also, the Celestial they defeated was infected and rabid. Hardly a Celestial in its Prime. And all they did was lock it away.

Are you trying to mislead again?

As for Deadman:
https://imgur.com/a/LayMy

He possessed the Green. Through all space and time.

And he can split himself up:
https://imgur.com/a/TWs5l

So yeah. That nice little team of Avengers? Are all under his control.

Unless you can show feats from the Avengers 1M? NOT their future selves. 1M.

Nice dodge of Abhi's question, though.

operator616
A couple things in this thread id like to clarify:

- Pandora was nowhere near multiversal in her regular appearances. She was easily beaten by Faust, nimraa, Blight, and even vandal savage for christ's sake. He also stalemated her in another encounter. She has a few impressive feats but the multiversal feat is most definitely a separate version.

- Zatanna and co feat is very questionable because Zatanna was in a dimension where thought becomes reality and was amped a thousandfold in the world tree before she performed the feat. Regular Zatanna lost to the likes of blackbriar thorn and enchantress.

- Agamotto isn't multiversal and doesn't have any individual showings indicating he is. Not to mention that this version of Agamotto looks like a regular sorceror supreme and not the ascended version of Agamotto that is part of Vishanti.

- Phantom Stranger is not multiversal. He may have been at one time but since then he's acquired too many lows for him to be considered multiversal on average. Courtesy of having too many appearances. He's been defeated by a random demon, he even couldn't contain planet-destroying energies without cassandra's help, and xanadu saved him from a spell which Stranger himself couldn't prevent and several others which i could mention. He's still pretty powerful, above skyfather and hovering around Galactus level, but certainly not full blown multiversal.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by operator616

- Pandora was nowhere near multiversal in her regular appearances. She was easily beaten by Faust, nimraa, Blight, and even vandal savage for christ's sake. He also stalemated her in another encounter. She has a few impressive feats but the multiversal feat is most definitely a separate version.

- Zatanna and co feat is very questionable because Zatanna was in a dimension where thought becomes reality and was amped a thousandfold in the world tree before she performed the feat. Regular Zatanna lost to the likes of blackbriar thorn and enchantress.

- Agamotto isn't multiversal and doesn't have any individual showings indicating he is. Not to mention that this version of Agamotto looks like a regular sorceror supreme and not the ascended version of Agamotto that is part of Vishanti.

- Phantom Stranger is not multiversal. He may have been at one time but since then he's acquired too many lows for him to be considered multiversal on average. Courtesy of having too many appearances. He's been defeated by a random demon, he even couldn't contain planet-destroying energies without cassandra's help, and xanadu saved him from a spell which Stranger himself couldn't prevent and several others which i could mention. He's still pretty powerful, above skyfather and hovering around Galactus level, but certainly not full blown multiversal.

thumb up

I am glad the points you raised weren't against me lol. You know your stuff - I didn't catch all of these. Pandora's feat was shared, anyway, with Barry Allen.

operator616
thumb up

I am glad the points you raised weren't against me lol. You know your stuff - I didn't catch all of these. Pandora's feat was shared, anyway, with Barry Allen.

Oh, your turn is coming. stick out tongue

Zack wasn't referring to the flashpoint feat btw, it was another instance -- Futures End: Pandora. Where she single-handedly re-created the entire multiverse.

Is this Agamotto One Million BC who did all those feats?

Also, the Celestial they defeated was infected and rabid. Hardly a Celestial in its Prime. And all they did was lock it away.

Are you trying to mislead again?

As for Deadman:
https://imgur.com/a/LayMy

He possessed the Green. Through all space and time.

And he can split himself up:
https://imgur.com/a/TWs5l

So yeah. That nice little team of Avengers? Are all under his control.

Unless you can show feats from the Avengers 1M? NOT their future selves. 1M.

Nice dodge of Abhi's question, though. On the other hand, deadman couldn't possess flash, constantine or the demons three. Xanadu too if im not mistaken. So Deadman possessing all of those powerful beings is questionable to say the least.

That aside, a severely depowered Agamotto was casually instantly posessing all the avengers at once. But like i said, im not sure that this ascended version of agamotto applies to the regular sorceror supreme agamotto.

DarkSaint85
Flash threw him out with the speed force, Constantine b cause he's Constantine (lol), and yeah you got me with the demons 3.

I still reckon he could possess someone like BP or IF though..

operator616
Flash threw him out with the speed force, Constantine b cause he's Constantine (lol), and yeah you got me with the demons 3.

I still reckon he could possess someone like BP or IF though..

Don't forget xanadu in JLD annual #2: https://imgur.com/GxvIQGL

I wouldn't be surprised if he did manage to possess one of those (recall that he also possessed the powerful entity pantheon), i just think that saying he could posses all of them is a bit of a stretch.

Zack M

JLD is still above Avengers 1M, imo. What do you think?

operator616
JLD is still above Avengers 1M, imo. What do you think? If i had to choose between them id chose JLD (which includes all members that showed up). But that's only because they have far more appearances, so we've had more time to explore their abilities and feats. Id rather wait at least until the current Avengers arc plays out and see what Avengers 1M are capable of to form a more definitive opinion.

StyleTime
Pretty much what operator said.

This Avengers squad has been around all of 3 issues, and only in flashbacks. The only feat is a statement that Phoenix can melt a supernova, which makes her flames unimaginably hot. We're really just applying our own expectations/hopes to everything else.

It's entirely possible they wind up accomplishing absolutely nothing by the time this is over.

Zack M
I'd say the amped Justice League form Darksedi War could take them, too.

https://i.imgur.com/F82vL8p.jpg

quanchi112
Nah.

One Big Mob
Quan makes a very valid point

quanchi112

Zack M
laughing out loud

quanchi112
laughing out loud Don't be a sore loser.

Zack M
I'd think the JSA could take them, too. The lineup with Spectre and co.

xJLxKing
I'd say the amped Justice League form Darksedi War could take them, too.

https://i.imgur.com/F82vL8p.jpg
None of them are a threat to Hourman...maybe

One Big Mob
That aside, a severely depowered Agamotto was casually instantly posessing all the avengers at once. But like i said, im not sure that this ascended version of agamotto applies to the regular sorceror supreme agamotto. Regular Aggy was supposed to have beaten Dormammu according to the handbooks iirc. So I don't know... you put him on Dorm level at least.

As for the rest of them:

Odin speaks for himself.

Ghost Rider would make more sense as Zarathos. Otherwise you assume normal GR levels. I'd assume Aaron would want him as powerful as possible, but I don't think he knows anything about him.

Starbrand seems like a Hulk level being with the Starbrand. Assumption.

Black Panther is Panther God at least if the forum poster I don't remember is correct.

Iron Fist... ****ed if I know. You could assume it was the Fist from the "Scott murdering Xavier" fables. Otherwise it'd be Daniel Randiel levels and that is way above a Celestial.

Phoenix should be around your normal Phoenix user. Which means GS is probably hamster wheeling in his grave as we speak.

Everything should be your Skyfather levels except Iron Fist and Phoenix (GR too but he has a possible out, and Hulkbrand is just going with it). Nobody in history knows about Iron Fist, and Phoenix should at least be within a hair's breadth of lightspeed away from a Celestial. Talk about sand on a fire though. At least nobody outside one man has any issue with that one. But then again the lack of quality wins makes this about right.

Should anyway. Aaron is not one to abide by shoulds. But maybe his Jane lust will temper his fires with her being gone.

Zack M
Originally posted by xJLxKing
None of them are a threat to Hourman...maybe

I'm talking about the Avengers.

xJLxKing
I'm talking about the Avengers.
OHH right

But there is still Phoenix, no?

Zack M
OHH right

But there is still Phoenix, no?

Yeah, but the JL have Death. DeathFlash killed Darkseid.

xJLxKing
Yeah, but the JL have Death. DeathFlash killed Darkseid.
Death of speeders, no?
Moreso, Death Racer in some form or another has always been the one to kill DS. It happened in DS wars, and Final Crisis.

operator616
Regular Aggy was supposed to have beaten Dormammu according to the handbooks iirc. So I don't know... you put him on Dorm level at least.

That would be true if dormammu didn't have such a bad track record against sorcerors supreme. Dormammu has been arguably their main arch-nemesis throughout the ages and at every point he was at least held back from taking earth. Strange has overpowered/banished/defeated dormammu about 5 times (some of which he had minor help). Ancient one has also done exactly that, so why is it so hard to imagine SS agamotto doing the same? That's not even getting into the details of the context (for instance, we know dormammu is generally weakened on Earth, which would explain why he goes into pussy-mode against Strange). Add in the fact that you're using a handbook as the sole basis, and you can see how that doesn't exactly inspire confidence in agamotto's power. I can't say that i knew about their encounter though, so post the handbook scan if you can to see if im missing something.

As for the rest of them:

Odin speaks for himself.

Ghost Rider would make more sense as Zarathos. Otherwise you assume normal GR levels. I'd assume Aaron would want him as powerful as possible, but I don't think he knows anything about him.

Starbrand seems like a Hulk level being with the Starbrand. Assumption.

Black Panther is Panther God at least if the forum poster I don't remember is correct.

Iron Fist... ****ed if I know. You could assume it was the Fist from the "Scott murdering Xavier" fables. Otherwise it'd be Daniel Randiel levels and that is way above a Celestial.

Phoenix should be around your normal Phoenix user. Which means GS is probably hamster wheeling in his grave as we speak.

Everything should be your Skyfather levels except Iron Fist and Phoenix (GR too but he has a possible out, and Hulkbrand is just going with it). Nobody in history knows about Iron Fist, and Phoenix should at least be within a hair's breadth of lightspeed away from a Celestial. Talk about sand on a fire though. At least nobody outside one man has any issue with that one. But then again the lack of quality wins makes this about right.

Should anyway. Aaron is not one to abide by shoulds. But maybe his Jane lust will temper his fires with her being gone.

Normally i would agree but im being more cautious about non-current characters. Just look at the recent Thanos series where a future Galactus is running around with a gun like a pathetic street thug only to get one-shotted by Thanos. Or black bolt killing celestials. Granted, it's a future/potential version and not a past version, but still, one can never be too certain.

Although, what feats does panther god have? im also not sure if that is in fact panther god, but even if it is, it's evidently in human form which makes it extremely vulnerable and weak.

operator616
Death of speeders, no?
Moreso, Death Racer in some form or another has always been the one to kill DS. It happened in DS wars, and Final Crisis.

Not really. Pre crisis racer was swatted away like a fly by Darkseid. Post-crisis racer was stomped by Scott free with the power of alpha energies (which is equal to Darkseid's omega energies) and in FC it required the radion bullet + the racer + superman's singing skills to take out Darkseid. It's only in the new continuity that the racer was able to take out Darkseid.

leonidas
panther god shredded logos recently....he was very clearly WELL above skyfather. appeared to be above lifebringer which was ridiculous.

if these characters are portrayed at there normal levels, they crush the jld imo. at least with their standard jld line up. standard jld without prep would be hard pressed to beat classic odin alone. /shrug

operator616
panther god shredded logos recently....he was very clearly WELL above skyfather. appeared to be above lifebringer which was ridiculous.

if these characters are portrayed at there normal levels, they crush the jld imo. at least with their standard jld line up. standard jld without prep would be hard pressed to beat classic odin alone. /shrug

That was tiger god, not panther god. Panther defeated the tiger god in combat and became its avatar (ayala was its previous host, the white tiger).

-K-M-
Panther god got killed during chaos war by a few unnamed slave gods. Wonders of comic consistency

abhilegend

You give Odin too much credit then.

leonidas
That was tiger god, not panther god. Panther defeated the tiger god in combat and became its avatar (ayala was its previous host, the white tiger).

oh yeah.... thumb up

leonidas
You give Odin too much credit then.

and as usual you give him to little.

One Big Mob
That would be true if dormammu didn't have such a bad track record against sorcerors supreme. Dormammu has been arguably their main arch-nemesis throughout the ages and at every point he was at least held back from taking earth. Strange has overpowered/banished/defeated dormammu about 5 times (some of which he had minor help). Ancient one has also done exactly that, so why is it so hard to imagine SS agamotto doing the same? That's not even getting into the details of the context (for instance, we know dormammu is generally weakened on Earth, which would explain why he goes into pussy-mode against Strange). Add in the fact that you're using a handbook as the sole basis, and you can see how that doesn't exactly inspire confidence in agamotto's power. I can't say that i knew about their encounter though, so post the handbook scan if you can to see if im missing something.

Normally i would agree but im being more cautious about non-current characters. Just look at the recent Thanos series where a future Galactus is running around with a gun like a pathetic street thug only to get one-shotted by Thanos. Or black bolt killing celestials. Granted, it's a future/potential version and not a past version, but still, one can never be too certain.

Although, what feats does panther god have? im also not sure if that is in fact panther god, but even if it is, it's evidently in human form which makes it extremely vulnerable and weak. https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11120/111204187/5093755-34.png

We really don't have much to go on for anything in this story really besides assumptions. Though the assumption in the handbook is that Aggy repelled Dorm.

srug

abhilegend
and as usual you give him to little.
I give him credit where it's due. He is a skyfather, nothing more.

leonidas
that's all he needs to be.

abhilegend
that's all he needs to be.
Not against JLD. That team would destroy Odin worse than Mangog did.

leonidas
lol

depends on who you place in the roster of course, but their initial line-up would get wrecked imo unless they had one-sided prep. current odin is a bit more debatable, i'll agree. which is why i initially said odin in his more classic form. mangog odin sucked.

abhilegend
lol

depends on who you place in the roster of course, but their initial line-up would get wrecked imo unless they had one-sided prep. current odin is a bit more debatable, i'll agree. which is why i initially said odin in his more classic form. mangog odin sucked.
I'm talking about blight arc JLD.

Odin always sucked ass though. Now he is just written as he was supposed to be.

leonidas
see that type of comment's not worth entertaining discussion over. anyway, like i said, depends on the roster. phantom stranger can be at or near skyfather himself at times, so any line up that has him in it obviously has a better chance. /shrug but of course odin isn't allow here.

abhilegend
see that type of comment's not worth entertaining discussion over. anyway, like i said, depends on the roster. phantom stranger can be at or near skyfather himself at times, so any line up that has him in it obviously has a better chance. /shrug but of course odin isn't allow here.
That was just tongue in cheek.

Blight arc JLD would destroy any Odin, be it classic or current.

Zack M
Like Operator said, Phantom Stranger is ABOVE Sky father. He's around Galactus level, at least.

leonidas
That was just tongue in cheek.

Blight arc JLD would destroy any Odin, be it classic or current.

yeah yeah. what line-up made up that arc?

Zack M

Rage.Of.Olympus
I'm talking about blight arc JLD.

Odin always sucked ass though. Now he is just written as he was supposed to be.

laughing out loud

You have randomly acquired a hate for Odin in the last few months that is very illogical. Odin is such a rarely used character, and often acts as a plot device, that it's just kind of confusing. He rarely is the dedicated focus point of a story.

Zack M
Abhi is right, though. The JLD team from the Blight arc was insanely powerful.

Galan007
Nonetheless, he was a part of JLD. Vertigo Tim =/= post-Flashpoint Tim, though. Completely different versions of the character: preboot compared to reboot.

The Vertigo version was indeed uber as phuck -- possessing no less than trans-universal(potentially multiversal) power at his peak.

The post-Flashpoint iteration(ie. the one who was in the JLD), however, has very little in the way of feats, but his implied power is still massive. For example, the sheer amount of raw magic he and his father were outputting was enough to leave even Constantine himself completely awestruck/humbled... Though he still doesn't hold a candle to Vertigo Tim at this point. /shrug

Zack M
Even though they seem like different versions, I thought Flashpoint MOLDED the Vertigo/Wildstorm into the mainstream DCU.

Galan007
Indeed, the Vertigo-verse was merged to the mainstream DCU, but Tim himself(like SO many others) was.... Overhauled, to say the least. Hence why post-Flashpoint Tim was portrayed as little more than an inept feeb with huge potential. Sharp contrast to the 'peak' Vertigo iteration referenced in this thread.

Either way, their feats aren't interchangeable.

Stoic
Originally posted by Galan007
Indeed, the Vertigo-verse was merged to the mainstream DCU, but Tim himself(like SO many others) was.... Overhauled, to say the least. Hence why post-Flashpoint Tim was portrayed as little more than an inept feeb with huge potential. Sharp contrast to the 'peak' Vertigo iteration referenced in this thread.

Either way, their feats aren't interchangeable.

Isn't Vertigo a bit too racy to be mainstream? Or did they tone it down some?

Galan007
Only a handful of Vertigo characters have been used to any real extent in post-Flashpoint/mainstream DC continuity, but yeah, they're all toned down to PG-13(ish) for the most part.

Zack M
Originally posted by Galan007
Only a handful of Vertigo characters have been used to any real extent in post-Flashpoint/mainstream DC continuity, but yeah, they're all toned down to PG-13(ish) for the most part.

I think Constantine benefited for the most part. Mainly because of feats.

Galan007
thumb up

John's first series in the DCnU + his appearances in JLD were basically one giant respect thread.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
laughing out loud

You have randomly acquired a hate for Odin in the last few months that is very illogical. Odin is such a rarely used character, and often acts as a plot device, that it's just kind of confusing. He rarely is the dedicated focus point of a story.
Even then he is a waste of a character. Stupendous work marvel.

quanchi112

Zack M
Even then he is a waste of a character. Stupendous work marvel.

Odin is shit now.

staxamillion
hate this art in avengers 1 000 000 that im reading right now. avengers vol 8 I believe, please tell me the story is good at least.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.