What is Culture Appreciation!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SquallX
I never understand when people screams this?!

Take a Black/Hispanics person that scream those words to whites! Do they understand whites can turn around and say the same thing to them too?

It seems that those in the West love to use those words without thinking it over. But does culture appreciation really exist, or are we just using the words just to use them?!

Surtur
I want them to be consistent. Tell white people not to order Mexican or Chinese food. Because they are not consciously thinking about those cultures when they consume that food.

White folk invented planes. I expect minorities to stay off them.

Emperordmb
>SJWs
>Consistent
>KEK

Surtur
I just don't get one thing. If appropriating culture is wrong why is shit like appropriating gender okay? Cuz that is what transgender folk do. LOL.

dadudemon
If I see people dressing up in green, drinking green beer, on St. Patrick's day, I don't get offended.

If I see people talking with their hands; saying "scusami scusami" or "grazi mille", or pretending to shoot people with Tommy Guns, I don't get offended.

It's because I'm not a insufferable, self-entitled, narcissistic, whiner. I'm just an *sshole.

What about you, Surtur, do you get mad when grown men pretend to be gay? grouchoawe

Flyattractor
The Left look to DESTROY ALL Sense of Cultural Self so they can replace it with their own empty souless version of culture.

riv6672

-Pr-
Originally posted by SquallX

Take a Black/Hispanics person that scream those words to whites! Do they understand whites can turn around and say the same thing to them too?

It seems that those in the West love to use those words without thinking it over. But does culture appreciation really exist, or are we just using the words just to use them?!

Appreciation =/= Appropriation.

But yes, it's bollocks.

Bashar Teg
what is cultural amplification?

Bentley
What is cultural application?

Emperordmb
I'll do you one better, why is cultural appreciation?

(Props to anyone who got that reference)

Silent Master
Agreed with everyone else, the term the OP is looking for is cultural appropriation.

Surtur
The OP's term still raises a point though. Since according to the liberal sherpa:

Faq8Cs8NH8w

Cultural appropriation is bad, but cultural appreciation is good. If something isn't from your own culture...you gotta bask in the glory of the culture it is from if you use it. You gotta appreciate it. You're racist if you don't.

Robtard
Originally posted by dadudemon

If I see people talking with their hands; saying "scusami scusami" or "grazi mille", or pretending to shoot people with Tommy Guns, I don't get offended.

Because you're not even a real Italian-Italian stick out tongue

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Robtard

Well that wasn't Racist at ALL!

dadudemon

I guess you have room to talk with your 62% (?) Italian-ness?

Adam_PoE
Originally posted by Surtur
Cultural appropriation is bad, but cultural appreciation is good. If something isn't from your own culture...you gotta bask in the glory of the culture it is from if you use it. You gotta appreciate it. You're racist if you don't.

To quote Judy Funny, "If nobody copied anybody, we'd all still be naked in a cave, grunting at each other."

"Cultural appropriation" is not a thing, and I am liberal. These people are . . . something else.

BackFire
Without cultural appropriation how are we supposed to fill the void left from the horrible cultural decay that is occurring from some kids having two dads or a single mom, and fewer people believing in a city in the clouds for dead people who were good and kind hearted ghosts with big white wings?

Robtard
Backfire you say? More like Buttfire...

Surtur
Ooo today Cinco de Mayo. I have plans to go to a mexican restaurant with a buffet.

I'm gonna appropriate the f*ck outta that culture.

cdtm

If you're white, it's appropriation.

The fact they have to rationalize "punching up" vs "punching down" is proof enough social politics aren't meant to play fair.

Surtur
https://i1.wp.com/www.powerlineblog.com/ed-assets/2018/05/IMG_2995.jpg

Flyattractor
This is what Leftists think is Culture App....either one.

Loony University REMINDS Students. Only those with Mayo Back Grounds may Celebarate the 5th of Mayo!

http://i.qkme.me/3qg1ms.jpg

Surtur
Just a few short hours until I attend a Mexican buffet.

Gonna 'propriate the f*ck outta the culture. Gonna specifically think of Norway when I'm eating Mexican food. Gonna think of Iceland and Switzerland too when I sip margaritas.

Nibedicus
I'm thinking you're gonna be culturally appropriating a toilet after that.

BackFire
If the Mexican food is good, it'll be worth it.

Surtur
It better taste good. WTF would Speedy Gonzalez say if it wasn't good?!

BackFire
yo quiero taco bell?

Does the Chicago area have good mexican food? One of the worst parts of leaving southern california is that it immediately becomes harder to find good mexican food. I've been spoiled living here. I can drive a few blocks and get a massive delicious burrito for $5.

Flyattractor
Or in your case BF, you have to travel to find Good Authentic American Food.

Your whole area has been Culturally and Geographically APPROPRIATED!

BackFire
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Or in your case BF, you have to travel to find Good Authentic American Food.

Your whole area has been Culturally and Geographically APPROPRIATED!

The only types of food we're really lacking here is good Italian food (namely Pizza) like NY, Boston and presumably Chicago has, and high quality bbq like Texas is known for. When I went to Boston last year it became very clear that around here we just don't have good Pizza and Italian food comparatively. The pizza there was out of this world. One of the reasons I want to go to Texas sometime is to try their BBQ. Everything else we've got plenty of.

Flyattractor
KC is the place for BBQ.

Adam_PoE
Originally posted by BackFire
Does the Chicago area have good mexican food?

Carniceria Guanajuato is dope.

ESB -1138
Cultural Appropriation is when a member of one culture uses or wears something that is generally associated with another culture. This is a very bad thing to do because it suggests that we're all children of God sharing a small planet together and should be able to borrow interesting customs and costumes from one another at will in a spirit of love and harmony. Who wants that?

Robtard
Okay cultural appropriation: Some cracker wearing a traditional Native American necklace

Not okay cultural appropriation: Some cracker pretending to be Native American because they're 4% Cherokee

Surtur
Actually, there is no "not okay cultural appropriation".

It's all okay. Please leave America anyone who disagrees. I hear the UK is nice, just stay away from the nazi dog jokes.

SquallX

NemeBro
Okay cultural appropriation: Some cracker wearing a traditional Native American necklace

Not okay cultural appropriation: Some cracker pretending to be Native American because they're 4% Cherokee You got something to say to Johnny Depp?

gauntlet o doom
Another pointless thing for SJWs to be outraged about. There are actual issues that need attention like hunger, poverty, homelessness - wearing an outfit that's not of your culture is not one of them.

Silent Master
Cultural appropriation isn't real.

Surtur
The lovely hills of Norway looked so majestic in my minds eye as I appropriated the mexican culture for myself.

Robtard
Originally posted by NemeBro
You got something to say to Johnny Depp?

I already mocked him in 2013 for his "I'm maybe part Indian or something." comments.

The proper response would have been "I'm an actor playing a role in a crappy action comedy." when asked about the racial ramifications of the role.

Robtard
Actually, there is no "not okay cultural appropriation".

^ From the guy who loses his shit every time Elizabeth Warren speaks. Nice.

Surtur
LOL so the guy that first whined about the girls chinese prom dress...not only was a racist post of his calling blacks the N word tracked down, but a post of him saying he was eating tomales with chopsticks and that it was "how america should be" was found.

You can't make this stuff up, oh leftists..

^ From the guy who loses his shit every time Elizabeth Warren speaks. Nice.

If by "loses his shit" you mean laughs when she does talks? Sure.

Robtard

If by "loses his shit" you mean laughs when she does talks? Sure.

No. But even if we go by what you just said, you're still attacking E. Warren for what you perceived as being cultural appropriation. Seems you owe her an apology, as she did nothing wrong in your view.

Emperordmb
I mean that's not really "cultural appropriation" or adopting something from another culture so much as lying about your racial identity to try and score sympathy/political points/affirmative action points.

Surtur
Originally posted by Emperordmb
I mean that's not really "cultural appropriation" or adopting something from another culture so much as lying about your racial identity to try and score sympathy/political points/affirmative action points.

Bingo, and he knows this. He's just trolling.

Robtard

Claiming to be Native American and saying it's part of your culture when it's not is "cultural appropriation" by definition:

cultural appropriation
noun
the act of taking or using things from a culture that is not your own, especially without showing that you understand or respect this culture:

There's no separating it because you're trying to save your buddy Surtur from drowning in his own hypocrisy.

Surtur
Claiming to be Native American and saying it's part of your culture when it's not is "cultural appropriation" by definition:

cultural appropriation
noun
the act of taking or using things from a culture that is not your own, especially without showing that you understand or respect this culture:

There's no separating it because you're trying to save your buddy Surtur from drowning in his own hypocrisy.

^See what I mean? See how he acts like the two situations are not different? How he acts like lying about your heritage is the same as liking a dress and wearing it?

Are there any posters here buying this BS anymore? Just curious.

Nibedicus
Wouldn't someone saying "I'm x% Indian" more (by definition) in the line of "appropriating" "race" rather than "culture", tho?

Surtur
Originally posted by Nibedicus
Wouldn't someone saying "I'm x% Indian" more (by definition) in the line of "appropriating" "race" rather than "culture", tho?

Hard to say. IMO it would be helpful if Elizabeth Warren went on a spirit quest to find the answer to these questions.

I heard one time she saw some dude playing the video game Prey and she was all "I lived that shit". 2006 version btw.

Robtard
^See what I mean? See how he acts like the two situations are not different? How he acts like lying about your heritage is the same as liking a dress and wearing it?

Are there any posters here buying this BS anymore? Just curious.

This came up because you said: Actually, there is no "not okay cultural appropriation".-Surtur

If you have a problem with what E. Warren allegedly did (as you did), then there are instances where cultural appropriation is wrong; which is the point.

Same thing goes for Rachel Dolezal and you mocking her for taking on Black culture when she's a White.

JMANGO
Robtard must be trolling at this point?

Surely someone as old and as basement dwelling can't have such impeding comprehensive problems when it comes to a simple term definition.

Robtard
^ Angry incel alert

JMANGO
^ 40 year old Virgin alert

dadudemon

Surtur
This came up because you said: Actually, there is no "not okay cultural appropriation".-Surtur

If you have a problem with what E. Warren allegedly did (as you did), then there are instances where cultural appropriation is wrong; which is the point.

Same thing goes for Rachel Dolezal and you mocking her for taking on Black culture when she's a White.

Again: your trolling grows more obvious kiddo. Do better.

Adam_PoE

https://i.imgur.com/0hQyd5L.gif

Robtard
Again: your trolling grows more obvious kiddo. Do better.

You're yelling "troll" to avoid the issue again, because you clearly had a problem with people like Warren and Dolezal, who appropriated other cultures, ergo, by your own actions you do feel there are instances when it's not okay to culturally appropriate.

Surtur
You're yelling "troll" to avoid the issue again, because you clearly had a problem with people like Warren and Dolezal, who appropriated other cultures, ergo, by your own actions you do feel there are instances when it's not okay to culturally appropriate.

I didn't actually have a problem with it lol. I've made jokes about it. Do better.

Robtard
I didn't actually have a problem with it lol. I've made jokes about it. Do better.

Yeah, you most certainly did have a problem and it wasn't a "I was just joking" thing.

eg you attacked Warren's integrity and character as a person because of her Native American cookbook and the alleged cultural lies attached to it.

Emperordmb
****'s sake, there's an obvious difference between utilizing something from another culture, and lying for your own personal or political gain.

The attack on Warren's character is that she's a liar, not that she used some native American recipe that she had no right to use.

This is just some pathetic semantics bullshit.

Surtur
Yeah, you most certainly did have a problem and it wasn't a "I was just joking" thing.

eg you attacked Warren's integrity and character as a person because of her Native American cookbook and the alleged cultural lies attached to it.

LOL! That cookbook was hilarious, I'd forgotten about it. It doesn't make me angry. She says dumb shit, like her thing about cheekbones.

ESB -1138
****'s sake, there's an obvious difference between utilizing something from another culture, and lying for your own personal or political gain.

I'm not sure. The fact is, all Dances with Donors had to do was claim minority status to get a job at Harvard University and change nothing else about her resume. That just shows the problem with quotas. And frankly, if a place like Harvard wants to play that game of racial politics then they should be taken advantaged of because it's a worthless and stupid game to play.

Surtur
Originally posted by ESB -1138
I'm not sure. The fact is, all Dances with Donors had to do was claim minority status to get a job at Harvard University and change nothing else about her resume. That just shows the problem with quotas. And frankly, if a place like Harvard wants to play that game of racial politics then they should be taken advantaged of because it's a worthless and stupid game to play.

Don't worry Harvard brought in the top cheekbone inspector in the world. He verified she has native american cheekbones.

Also she can turn into a wolf or eagle.

Emperordmb
Oh yeah I agree with you that these shitty quotas need to go. The fact that people like Warren, Dolezal, and Shaun King want to bullshit about their race indicates that there are political points to be gained from flaunting a specific racial identity, and that in and of itself shouldn't be a thing.

darthgoober
Seems like you're trying to stawman his position here. From what I've gathered he's taking issue with what's basically a form of fraud, to which cultural appropriation would be a part of.

Like imagine for a sec that the government or some organization gave out some kind of grant(or something along those lines) for people who took care of lions at their homes. He could be ok with people dressing up their dog to look like a lion and still be against people who do so actually filing for the grant.

Robtard
Originally posted by darthgoober
Seems like you're trying to stawman his position here. From what I've gathered he's taking issue with what's basically a form of fraud, to which cultural appropriation would be a part of.

Like imagine for a sec that the government or some organization gave out some kind of grant(or something along those lines) for people who took care of lions at their homes. He could be ok with people dressing up their dog to look like a lion and still be against people who do so actually filing for the grant.

While he'll quickly jump on any assistance out of desperation, you are in fact agreeing with what I was saying, that what Warren and Dolezal are accused of is a part of cultural appropriation and what he had issue with initially before changing stances.

Robtard
dp

Surtur
While he'll quickly jump on any assistance out of desperation, you are in fact agreeing with what I was saying, that what Warren and Dolezal did is a part of cultural appropriation.

You'v failed. Move on.

darthgoober
While he'll quickly jump on any assistance out of desperation, you are in fact agreeing with what I was saying, that what Warren and Dolezal are accused of is a part of cultural appropriation and what he had issue with initially before changing stances.
No you have it backwards. Cultural appropriation is a part of what Warren and Dolezal did. It's basically a lesser included offense to the real crime he's taking issue with.

Robtard
No you have it backwards. Cultural appropriation is part of what Warren and Dolezal did. It's basically a lesser included offense to the real crime he's taking issue with.

That's overall irrelevant, it's still an aspect of the same, we essentially have the same views on the matter.

This came up because he said: Actually, there is no "not okay cultural appropriation".-Surtur

Clearly he felt there are instances in regards to Warren's and Dolezal's actions when it isn't okay.

Surtur
That's irrelevant, it's still an aspect of the same.

This came up because he said: Actually, there is no "not okay cultural appropriation".-Surtur

Clearly he felt there are instances in regards to Warren's and Dolezal's actions.

You can appropriate cultures. You just can't lie like a little weasel about it.

Why do I need to explain this to an adult?

Robtard
You can appropriate cultures. You just can't lie like a little weasel about it.

Why do I need to explain this to an adult?

Therefore you feel there are indeed certain instances when it's not okay. Congrats on sinking your own previous arguments.

darthgoober
That's overall irrelevant, it's still an aspect of the same, we essentially have the same views on the matter.

Clearly he felt there are instances in regards to Warren's and Dolezal's actions when it isn't okay.
It IS relevant if the "cultural appropriation" aspect isn't what he's raising a fuss about but rather the fraud involved.

Robtard
It IS relevant if the "cultural appropriation" aspect isn't what he's raising a fuss about but rather the fraud involved.

Which means there are instances when it's wrong... (the point)

Surtur
Therefore you feel there are indeed certain instances when it's not okay. Congrats on sinking your own previous arguments.

I don't see cultural appropriation as lying about what you are. And that isn't how leftist cucks in this country use the term.

Are you going to claim you are not aware of this? Yes or no, are you aware?

Robtard
I don't see cultural appropriation as lying about what you are. And that isn't how leftist cucks in this country use the term.

Are you going to claim you are not aware of this? Yes or no, are you aware?

Doesn't matter what you see or feel.

Surtur
Doesn't matter what you see or feel.

It does, because I see leftist cucks using the term in the way I use it. That is how you guys tend to define this. One more time: are you going to say that is not true?

JMANGO
surely robbie wasn't this much of a headache when he wasn't as old.

darthgoober
Which means there are instances when it's wrong... (the point)
Again it seems like you're trying to twisting the issue. If his point is about the LYING rather than what's being lied about then there's no real contradiction to what he's saying. By the same token one can say "There's never anything wrong with having two children" but then later saying "It's wrong to say you have 3 children when you only have 2". You're not actually saying that it's wrong to have 2 children, your'e saying the lie itself is wrong.

Surtur
Originally posted by JMANGO
surely robbie wasn't this much of a headache when he wasn't as old.

It reminds me of what leftists tried to pull after the Parkland shooting to justify lies about "there have been 18 school shootings this year!".

Yes, technically there were. Assuming you count a kid committing suicide as a "school shooting". Yes, a gun was fired on school grounds, but it wasn't a school shooting in the sense of the definition that springs to the minds of most Americans: which is some kid bringing a gun to school and killing others.

Emperordmb
Again it seems like you're trying to twisting the issue. If his point is about the LYING rather than what's being lied about then there's no real contradiction to what he's saying. By the same token one can say "There's never anything wrong with having two children" but then later saying "It's wrong to say you have 3 children when you only have 2". You're not actually saying that it's wrong to have 2 children, your'e saying the lie itself is wrong.
Yeah this is some pathetic weasel shit right here

Robtard
It does, because I see leftist cucks using the term in the way I use it. That is how you guys tend to define this. One more time: are you going to say that is not true?

If you use the term in the same matter as a "Leftist cucks" and you have a problem with their usage, what does that say about you? Weird, is your blood-sugar low again?

Robtard

There is no twisting, they're one/same.

Surtur
If you use the term in the same matter as a "Leftist cucks" and you have a problem with their usage, what does that say about you? Weird, is your blood-sugar low again?

Leftists are who whine most about cultural appropriation. And how they define it is not "this person is claiming they are native american when they arent!".

It is psychopathic shit like "they wore a dress native americans invented and they arent native american"

If you are too ignorant or too stupid to understand the difference, or just plain unwilling...that is not my problem.

Robtard
Yeah this is some pathetic weasel shit right here

^ Is that because I said you're down for some BBC or purely support for Surt's drowning? Combo?

Robtard
Leftists are who whine most about cultural appropriation. And how they define it is not "this person is claiming they are native american when they arent!".

It is psychopathic shit like "they wore a dress native americans invented and they arent native american"

If you are too ignorant or too stupid to understand the difference, or just plain unwilling...that is not my problem.

You disparaged "Leftist cucks" for using the term in a certain matter and then said you use it in the same manner. Again, are you feeling okay? Do you need a 4th maybe to assist here?

If you look back, I noted that simply wearing some traditional items of a different culture isn't wrong and you know this, as you responded to that post.

darthgoober
There is no twisting, they're one/same.
No it's not the same. Yet another example, "There's absolutely nothing wrong with driving a car" does not contradict "It's wrong to run people over with a car".

Surtur
You disparaged "Leftist cucks" for using the term in a certain matter and then said you use it in the same manner. Again, are you feeling okay? Do you need a 4th maybe to assist here?

If you look back, I noted that simply wearing some traditional items of a different culture isn't wrong and you know this, as you responded to that post.

I use the the term the way the people who use the term and whine about it use it.

I know you think you are clever, but you truly aren't. Do better.

Robtard
No it's not the same. Yet another example, "There's absolutely nothing wrong with driving a car" does not contradict "It's wrong to run people over with a car".

Sorry, they are. Your examples are apple/oranges.

darthgoober
Sorry, they are. Your examples are apple/oranges.
I strongly disagree with both of those statements lol.

Robtard
I use the the term the way the people who use the term and whine about it use it.

I know you think you are clever, but you truly aren't. Do better.

LoL, seriously, are you feeling alright?

ESB -1138

Fact check: true

Robtard
I strongly disagree with both of those statements lol.

Fair enough.

Surtur
LoL, seriously, are you feeling alright?

Lol you failed. But keep asking kiddo.

Robtard
Fact check: true

He tried to strawman; but failed. Facts are facts.

Surtur
He tried to strawman; but failed. Facts are facts.

You failed weasel. Do better.

Robtard
You've been trying to turn the convo into another insult shit-fest for over a page now, you do this as a way to avoid facing that you were wrong, Surt.

Surtur
You've been trying to turn the convo into another insult shit-fest for over a page now, you do this as a way to avoid facing that you were wrong, Surt.

At this point your trolling is obvious and a bit sad. Mix it up a notch if you plan to continue.

Emperordmb
^ Is that because I said you're down for some BBC or purely support for Surt's drowning? Combo?
No it's because this is legitimately just sad.

In an attempt to impugn Surtur's intellectual or moral character as either an idiot or a liar, you're zeroing in on some vagary in Surtur's statement that isn't even important and obsessing over it.

Best case scenario for Surtur, what me and like two other people are telling you about the distinction between what Surtur said and the example you brought up holds, and you're just wrong.

Worst case scenario for Surtur, you're right, and it was a mere imprecision in speech or conceptualization of the categories on Surtur's part that's understandable given how other people are debating you on it.

Either way none of this takes away from Surtur's overall point which is that something being from another culture being used in and of itself is not a valid reason to complain, while people lying and attempting to disingenuously weasel their way into unearned positions of social influence is immoral.

You aren't really trying to detract from the valid point he's making, you're trying to impugn his moral and intellectual character in a very weak way. Usually I try to stay out of the bullshit that gets traded back and forth between you two but this is just sad.

JMANGO
Well said Dylan. It's not just sad in this case. It's genuinely robtarded.

Robtard
No it's because this is legitimately just sad.

In an attempt to impugn Surtur's intellectual or moral character as either an idiot or a liar, you're zeroing in on some vagary in Surtur's statement that isn't even important and obsessing over it.

Best case scenario for Surtur, what me and like two other people are telling you about the distinction between what Surtur said and the example you brought up holds, and you're just wrong.

Worst case scenario for Surtur, you're right, and it was a mere imprecision in speech or conceptualization of the categories on Surtur's part that's understandable given how other people are debating you on it.

Either way none of this takes away from Surtur's overall point which is that something being from another culture being used in and of itself is not a valid reason to complain, while people lying and attempting to disingenuously weasel their way into unearned positions of social influence is immoral.

You aren't really trying to detract from the valid point he's making, you're trying to impugn his moral and intellectual character in a very weak way. Usually I try to stay out of the bullshit that gets traded back and forth between you two but this is just sad. "while people lying and attempting to disingenuously weasel their way into unearned positions of social influence is immoral" -DMB

Would still be a form of cultural appropriation in how Warren and Dolezal were accused. Which would mean there are instances where CP is not okay. /thepoint

You're trying to separate the lie from the CP and they're one/same. Let's move beyond Surt's victimhood, but do you see how separating them is silly, when they're dependent on each other here.

edit: If Warren isn't actually NA, then what she did in indeed shit; I personally don't know her family history. Dolezal though, is a silly turd, she's completely White iirc.

darthgoober
"while people lying and attempting to disingenuously weasel their way into unearned positions of social influence is immoral" -DMB

Would still be a form of cultural appropriation in how Warren and Dolezal were accused. Which would mean there are instances where CP is not okay. /thepoint

You're trying to separate the lie from the CP and they're one/same. Let's move beyond Surt's victimhood, but do you see how separating them is silly, when they're dependent on each other here.
Wait since when are genetics and culture automatically lumped into the same category?

Robtard
Wait since when are genetics and culture automatically lumped into the same category?

Sorry?

darthgoober
Sorry?
By saying one is descended from Native American's or Africans one is actually discussing an empirical genetic fact. Culture is more subjective then that and is dependent upon more factors than ones direct ancestors.

Robtard
By saying one is descended from Native American's or Africans one is actually discussing an empirical genetic fact. Culture is more subjective then that and is dependent upon more factors than ones direct ancestors.

Sure, that is overall true. But on the subject matter at hand, they seem to be combined.

darthgoober
Sure, that is overall true. But on the subject matter at hand, they seem to be combined.
But see that's the thing, they're not combined here because Surter is objecting to them lying about the genetics they were born with, not the culture they've adopted. I doubt he'd really care if homegirl decided to wear a headdress, live in a Tepee, and spend her weekends at pow wows. He's actually objecting to GENETIC APPROPRIATION, not cultural appropriation.

Robtard
But see that's the thing, they're not combined here because Surter is objecting to them lying about the genetics they were born with, not the culture they've adopted. I doubt he'd really care if homegirl decided to wear a headdress, live in a Tepee, and spend her weekends at pow wows. He's actually objecting to GENETIC APPROPRIATION, not cultural appropriation.

The thing-thing here: Warren's NA cookbook which he had a problem with would be a cultural thing; not a genetic thing. See.

darthgoober
The thing-thing here: Warren's NA cookbook which he had a problem with would be a cultural thing; not a genetic thing. See.
Does she justify the cookbook via culture or genetics?

Robtard
Does she justify the cookbook via culture or genetics?

Come on, man.

Not sure how a cookbook/recipe is "genetics", recipes are cultural. Not "I was born knowing how to make grandma's fried chicken cos genetics."

darthgoober
Come on, man.

Not sure how a cookbook/recipe is "genetics", recipes are cultural. Not "I was born knowing how to make grandma's fried chicken cos genetics."
Well if her public adoption of the culture is rooted in her claims about her genetics, then a lie about her genetics makes any public cultural displays "fruit of a poison tree" as it were.

Emperordmb
She was trying to use the cookbook to make a claim about her ancestry.

Surtur didn't give two shits about whether or not she used Native American cooking, he laughed at the ridiculousness of her using that as evidence for her ancestry.

Robtard
Nah, she was trying to sell books and make a profit via cultural appropriation. Cos if her book was "E. Warren's Cooking" and did not have the NA spin into it, even less people would have been interested in it. But it's still a case of improper CP.

Granted, it's hardly a scandal as far as scandals go, but that's not the point.

darthgoober
Nah, she was trying to sell books and make a profit via cultural appropriation. Cos if her book was "E. Warren's Cooking" and did not have the NA spin into it, even less people would have been interested in it. But it's still a case of improper CP.

Granted, it's hardly a scandal as far as scandals go, but that's not the point.
I haven't read the book, but does she talk about being a NA by blood anywhere on the cover or within the book?

Emperordmb
I don't remember her trying to sell it, I remember her trying to posit it as evidence she's descended from Native Americans.

Robtard
I don't remember her trying to sell it, I remember her trying to posit it as evidence she's descended from Native Americans.

I googled it, it's on Amazon for $29.95.

Surtur

Lol at this point Rob is just full of shit.

It's definitely not a compliment lol. The purpose is to point out her lies. Which is why, imo, it was dumb of her to cry about this. Think about it for a second. Trump was being Trump. I agree 100% there is no excuse for it, I have said I wouldn't have advised him to say it if I worked for him and he told me he was planning to.

The fact of the matter is this isn't going to do any serious damage to him. On the other hand, now Warrens own lies are being talked about again. The Daily Show is very very anti-Trump lol, and Noah referred to him as "woke" for this insult.

And yes she contributed to a cook book called "Pow Wow Chow" that was billed as containing recipes from NA tribes lol. And if this article is true...it's utterly hilarious:

Elizabeth Warren's Pow Wow Chow 'Cherokee' recipes were word for word COPIES of famous FRENCH chef's techniques

"Massachusetts Democratic Senate candidate Elizabeth Warren is yet again in hot water after new allegations have surfaced that she plagiarized her 'Cherokee' recipes in the book Pow Wow Chow from the New York Times and other publications.

Radio talk show host Howie Carr released damning evidence that appears to confirm that Mrs Warren's weren't handed down from generation to generation, they were picked up in the newspaper."

laughing

As I said, I thought the cook book thing was funny.

Robtard
You also went on to say she's a 'piece of shit' for it, convenient for you to leave that part out...

Did it really take you two days to find that? Should have asked, I could have done it in 5 mins or less for you, "legendary memory" and all.

Surtur
You also went on to say she's a 'piece of shit' for it, convenient for you to leave that part out...

Did it really take you two days to find that? Should have asked, I could have done it in 5 mins or less for you, "legendary memory" and all.

LOL keep grasping at those straws.

And no it didn't take 2 days to find. It took a few seconds when I decided to actually look for it.

Robtard
Actually, it was 'huge piece of shit'. My error, forgot the adjective.

Surtur
Actually, it was 'huge piece of shit'. My error, forgot the adjective.

Your memory status has been downgraded from legendary to...whatever would come before that. exemplary? Don't know.

SquallX
If Warren Great grandmother was Cherokee, then yes, Warren is part Indian. Why is this been debated?

Surtur
If Warren Great grandmother was Cherokee, then yes, Warren is part Indian. Why is this been debated?

Cuz the "proof" she has touted is "muh cheekbones". And "family stories".

ESB -1138
Cuz the "proof" she has touted is "muh cheekbones". And "family stories".

If a guy can say he's a woman that's acceptable or a white dude can say he's a black dude and that's acceptable...then by that logic so should this. Because muh feelings.

Surtur
If a guy can say he's a woman that's acceptable or a white dude can say he's a black dude and that's acceptable...then by that logic so should this. Because muh feelings.

Yes this is the logical conclusion of where all this lunacy is going to take us lol.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.