So I'm looking at US & News Best 100 Jobs....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kurk
And I can't seem to find many that are "liberal degree" friendly. The first one I saw was Lawyer which is ranked #33/100, but that's a professional degree, not undergrad.

Can someone help me find the liberal arts degree jobs?

https://money.usnews.com/careers/best-jobs/rankings/the-100-best-jobs

Tzeentch
- Historian
- Archaeologist
- Author
- Editor
- Journalist

I can provide more. Ask away.

|King Joker|

Kurk

dadudemon

|King Joker|

|King Joker|

dadudemon

JKBart
homosex expert officer

|King Joker|

Kurk
Originally posted by dadudemon
Don't listen to Kurk. Those are both very interesting topics and fun to learn about. If you like those topics, do what I did and just take a shit ton of classes and earn multiple degrees at once. Most universities have max-credit transfer requirements so it is best to just find a school that is good at your your area of primary education but is also a well-rounded school so you can double or triple major in other subjects.

Here's a tip: some degrees, you can do a single work-study or internship for two different majors and it counts for both IF they are related enough. thumb up Interesting topics? Fun to learn about? Sounds a lot like Star Wars...aka A HOBBY! Who da fuq spends five figures on a hobby when you can go to the library and do the same thing? smh.

Robtard
Originally posted by dadudemon
Don't listen to Kurk.

^ Best advice you can take from this thread, KJoker

ps If you want to get into Kurk's pants, convince him that sucking dick increases a person's 'market value' and he'll be on his knees nigh instantaneously gobbling down your frank-n-beans

BackFire
The first one can be done without any degree whatsoever. Have a friend who is a software developer at Blizzard Entertainment and he didn't go to college.

The Ellimist

Putinbot1
The thing about "Market Value", is most graduates don't have any. They didn't go to the right Universities and are ten a penny. The Interview for them is what matters and once in their first job, they need to work.

The Ellimist
lol they need to work? No way!

Putinbot1
Originally posted by The Ellimist
lol they need to work? No way! Truly, when they get told to put the kettle on and sit down and shut up, they need to do it. When they need to perform boring observations and write down data after the first 2 days they could predict they need to make those observations as accurately as they can.

Kurk
Originally posted by Putinbot1
Truly, when they get told to put the kettle on and sit down and shut up, they need to do it. When they need to perform boring observations and write down data after the first 2 days they could predict they need to make those observations as accurately as they can. But regardless of a new grad's worth, businesses in general want to hire people who can problem solve, right? If so, why wouldn't it make sense for STEM fields to get the priority over liberal arts given that on average their IQ's tend to be higher, they're conditioned to think critically/analytically, etc?

Putinbot1
Originally posted by Kurk
But regardless of a new grad's worth, businesses in general want to hire people who can problem solve, right? If so, why wouldn't it make sense for STEM fields to get the priority over liberal arts given that on average their IQ's tend to be higher, they're conditioned to think critically/analytically, etc? It depends if you need that in the job, soft skills are often more important working in teams. The ability to put the ego aside and let others get on is often equally as important as having ideas. Often it's better for ideas to be put on hold for V 2.0 beyond any point in any project in any field.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.