"Solo" 24 Hour Ticket Sales Doubles Black Panther

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarthAnt66
Behind only Infinity War.

Kurk
I'm not sure if I can be bothered to go see this movie tbh. I'm simply not feeling the hype similar to that of Rogue One.

DarthAnt66
>wasted three hours making Ravan X Dooku fan fiction
> can't spare three hours to watch official Star Wars movie

Kurk
http://olivethepeople.files.wordpress.com/2013/05/stare-gif.gif

quanchi112

Freedon Nadd
That sounds like something Darth Thor would say. Hmmm...

|King Joker|

DarthSkywalker0

|King Joker|
The benchmark Solo needs to pass is Rogue One for it to be considered a box office success.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by |King Joker|
The benchmark Solo needs to pass is Rogue One for it to be considered a box office success.
thumb down Nah. Solo just has to be near it. It shouldn't be expected to beat it given Rogue One benefited from the post-TFA hype, the first spinoff movie, and marketing with Vader.

|King Joker|

DarthAnt66
It is? I saw an article on Thursday saying it would slightly underperform Rogue One. Maybe the ticket sale record boosted expectations.

|King Joker|

Galan007
Glad it's pulling in some good numbers, for the sake of future projects and whatnot.

I still won't see it in theaters unless I hear that it's really good, though. No interest, atm.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by Galan007
Glad it's pulling in some good numbers, for the sake of future projects and whatnot.

I still won't see it in theaters unless I hear that it's really good, though. No interest, atm.
Lmfao wtf

Dude foams at the mouth of Canon nonsense but says he might not see upcoming Star Wars film

yeah ok

Galan007
Oh I'll definitely see it at *some* point... But unless it turns out to be a really enjoyable film, I just won't pay to see it in theaters is all.

...I'm a DL kind of guy. thumb up

Flyattractor
It will have a Big Opening Weekend. If it can continue after that is the Big Question.

Darth Thor
Well Ive always been interested in this one.

Why anyone would be so against a Young Solo movie is beyond me tbh.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Well Ive always been interested in this one.

Why anyone would be so against a Young Solo movie is beyond me tbh.

There's no Gallandro, which makes me sad. sad

Also it appears from the trailer that they wanna cram in all 6 novels into one movie. Or well certain key points anyway.

Still from the trailers it looks ok, but eh...I'm sure the novels are gonna be better.

|King Joker|

Kurk
I mean I never liked Han to begin with, and Chewbacca is one of my least favorite characters in the SW mythos. So that leaves who else in this film worth seeing? Some glamour-bling criminal chick accomplice to Han? Anyone else aside from petty criminals? No thanks.

Freedon Nadd
Lucas is a big furry.

Darth Thor
@ Joker: Was not sarcasm kid.

For those who grew up on the OT this film was probably the most popular spin off idea back in the day. Thats why its projecting huge.

Plus its great to get a break from Jedi/Sith, and go into the underworld a bit. Get a few bounty hunters/smugglers and so forth.

DarthAnt66
We haven't really seen the Jedi/Sith since 2005, lol.

The ST is not Force-user friendly.

Darth Thor
Techincally, no. But semantics aside, we have had Lightsaber wielding Force users in every film so far. R1 was the most refreshing leaving that for a cameo, and not having a Light Side vs Dark Side battle.

|King Joker|

Zenwolf
I'm sure his backstory would have been explained, so asking "does he really need one?" Seems a little weird...unless you're meaning it in movie form for the general audience.

That said, it looks to me like they might gloss over some details which made the HS novels interesting(at least to me), ontop of just omitting Gallandro who was a pretty awesome character and sort of wall for Han.

There's also the issue that this movie might not be as rough as the novels portrayed Han's upbringing, might be a little downer there too.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by Zenwolf
ontop of just omitting Gallandro who was a pretty awesome character and sort of wall for Han.

Lmfao bro, get over Galleupagus.

TheNuisanceBird
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
We haven't really seen the Jedi/Sith since 2005, lol.

The ST is not Force-user friendly.

They technically are in that they're making it so anyone can use the Force super easily. The new canon in general does although to be fair Ezra had a bunch of training at the very least.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by TheNuisanceBird
They technically are in that they're making it so anyone can use the Force super easily. The new canon in general does although to be fair Ezra had a bunch of training at the very least.

Well it's not like the previous Canon had it so becoming a Force User was hard, seeing as those on backwater worlds had such power...although granted they did experiment and develop their power so it wasn't just handed to them as just being able to do it, trial and error all that noise...but still.

TheNuisanceBird
Originally posted by Zenwolf
Well it's not like the previous Canon had it so becoming a Force User was hard, seeing as those on backwater worlds had such power...although granted they did experiment and develop their power so it wasn't just handed to them as just being able to do it, trial and error all that noise...but still.

That's fair. But Rey's usage of the Force is something we've never seen before and they haven't done a good job at explaining her powers.

Tzeentch
They explained it pretty succinctly in TLJ: she was picked by the force to challenge Snoke/Kylo's growing dark side power. She's essentially an avatar of the force' will.

The writers were trying to go with the OT's implication that using the force is more about strength of character, compared to the PT interpretation that the force is akin to a natural talent that can be honed with practice.

That said I agree that the explanation is junk. I didn't like the sterile and scientific interpretation of the force in the PT, but earning power through struggle and growth is an important part of the hero's journey and Rey basically skipped that entire process. Her strength feels undeserved.

quanchi112
That's fair. But Rey's usage of the Force is something we've never seen before and they haven't done a good job at explaining her powers. Wrong and her power rose to meet the darkness in Kylo. Watch the film again. The force balances itself out, sport.

Zenwolf
That's fair. But Rey's usage of the Force is something we've never seen before and they haven't done a good job at explaining her powers.

What's different about the usage? Cause we haven't really seen anything new that we haven't before.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by quanchi112
Wrong and her power rose to meet the darkness in Kylo. Watch the film again. The force balances itself out, sport.

Its already been explained to you what a retarded explanation that is for Rey not needing training.

|King Joker|
Originally posted by Tzeentch
That said I agree that the explanation is junk. I didn't like the sterile and scientific interpretation of the force in the PT, but earning power through struggle and growth is an important part of the hero's journey and Rey basically skipped that entire process. Her strength feels undeserved. thumb up

quanchi112

Darth Thor
What you don't get is that is that wasn't the only thing she achieved without training.

Advanced Jedi Mind tricks and Telekinesis.

Stop being a Disney fanboy so you can actually open up your mind to completely valid criticisms.

quanchi112

Galan007

Galan007
Hopefully the Maul cameo takes place on Ord Mantell. Not only would it make the most canonical sense, but it would also tie *all* of the various media together, which would be awesome.

After all, Maul moved the base of his 'Shadow Collective' to Ord Mantell during SoD, and Han himself referenced the planet in ESB. If indeed Maul is still in control of the criminal underworld(and Mandalore) when the Solo film takes place, Ord Mantell would be the perfect segway for his cameo.

...Just a thought. Still doubt I'll see this in theaters, though.

Mendax
That would be cool actually!

I'll see it at theaters but Im honestly not expecting much.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.