Cobra Kai

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

juggernaut74
Official thread for the new YouTube Red series.

Let the discussion begin!!

quanchi112
laughing out loud

Dreampanther
One of the best-written series ever made. Amazingly it manages to pay tribute to the movie (and the 80s) while poking fun at it. And characters' growth are exceptional. A funny, fantastic series.

Digi
I've heard nothing but good things. May have to watch at some point.

Impediment

emporerpants
I actually really enjoyed it. The trailers for it made me think that it was just going to be nothing but jokes and shitting on the original's legacy, etc., and while there is some of that, it still is respectful and pays homage. When they are ribbing on things it's done in a loving way, and it is much more respectful of the original movie than the trailers would lead you to believe.

juggernaut74
Mike Barnes rumored to be returning for season 2.

https://youtu.be/xbZbT4H18wM

juggernaut74
This show has been renewed for a 2nd season already.

cdtm
The two freebies and the previews just aren't selling me.

TBH, Karate Kid in general isn't a crown jewel of my childhood. Yeah, I enjoyed it, but it's no Rocky or Superman. No real call for a continuation or sequel.

Hell, I was more on board for those Steet Fighter post tournament fan films years ago, with Zangief running an arcade. Or even that SF Legacy fan film.. And I don't even like Street Fighter.

And this doesn't come anywhere near the quality of those Mortal Kombat YouTube videos. More of an SNL sketch then anything (How I hate SNL..)

Dreampanther
Originally posted by juggernaut74
Mike Barnes rumored to be returning for season 2.

https://youtu.be/xbZbT4H18wM

I want Karate Ross to be the final boss in Season 2.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/8b/66/0b/8b660b21f9a659d03f5054990725865e.jpg

Digi
Originally posted by cdtm
The two freebies and the previews just aren't selling me.

TBH, Karate Kid in general isn't a crown jewel of my childhood. Yeah, I enjoyed it, but it's no Rocky or Superman. No real call for a continuation or sequel.

I actually have about zero nostalgia for it as well. I just legitimately enjoyed Cobra Kai enough that that didn't matter. I don't think nostalgia for the original is a pre-req. Knowing the basics of the plot(s) certainly helps, though.

But no show will be for everybody.

Surtur
I have some nostalgia for the movie, plus the video game. I've seen the first episode only cuz I think you need to pay to see the rest.

But at one point Johnny says Daniel won that final point via an illegal move. Was that true?

Dreampanther
"USANKF Sport Karate Rules (which the All Valley Karate Tournament would have most certainly been using) Article 8 states: "Traditional Karate techniques delivered full-power can cause extremely serious injury, even death. Karate competition is a sport, and for that reason some of the most dangerous techniques are banned and all techniques must be controlled." The crane kick is not only considered a dangerous technique - but Daniel completed it full force, with zero restraint or control. Boom - disqualified."

https://www.google.co.za/amp/s/www.overthinkingit.com/2008/12/08/disqualify-daniel-larusso/amp/

TheVaultDweller
When I initially heard this show was happening, my only thought was, "Why? Just why?" But based on all the positive things I have been reading across various sites, I might actually have to give it a go.

Dreampanther
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
When I initially heard this show was happening, my only thought was, "Why? Just why?" But based on all the positive things I have been reading across various sites, I might actually have to give it a go.

I am 99% sure you will love it.

Surtur
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller

I had the same thought, but I gave it a chance and it was pleasantly surprising. It's a nice twist that the bully from the first film gets a lot of focus and is the one doing the training of the young bullied kid.

juggernaut74
Originally posted by Surtur
I have some nostalgia for the movie, plus the video game. I've seen the first episode only cuz I think you need to pay to see the rest.

But at one point Johnny says Daniel won that final point via an illegal move. Was that true? In the trailer while Johnny was at Daniels dealership one of the workers asks Danny if that was the guy who's ass he kicked to which Daniel replied that he technically kicked his face. Johnny says that it was an illegal kick. Danny then says right before you gave me an illegal elbow. Johnny comes back says that he lost a point with his move and Daniel won the fight with his illegal kick.

Johnny has a point. It's also interesting if you watch the show to hear Johnny's perspective of the events of the original Karate Kid movie. Johnny thinks Daniel started it all by throwing the first punch.

Panzerlock
If you ship Hawk and Moon, they become "Hawkmoon"... or "Moonhawk". Both of which sound like a totally awesome 80's cartoon character. Like someone who would fight with the ThunderCats!

Bashar Teg
what a dumb show.

Surtur
It's awesome. It's already getting a 2nd season.

BackFire
I'd like to watch this. Not going to pay for youtube red, though.

Surtur
Originally posted by BackFire
I'd like to watch this. Not going to pay for youtube red, though.

Check out the first 2 eps at least. Worth it for the nostalgia.

BackFire
My fear there is that I will actually like the show and want to watch the rest, at which point I won't be able to (legally).

Surtur
True, but damn it's a shame to miss any of it.

Even the people who made it are like "wtf how is this so popular?".

Bashar Teg
predictable af. already obvious how the whole stupid second season is going to go. bleh.

BackFire
If you remove nostalgia, is the show good?

Surtur
Yes.

BackFire
Eh, maybe I'll just pirate it.

Flyattractor
The Youtube Patrol will hunt you down for that.

Kazenji
I've only watched episodes 1 & 2 because they were free....ehh its ok.

Impediment

Surtur
I really liked it. It was interesting how Miguel shifted from being bullied to being the bully. And how in the end he chose not to do the right thing and won the tournament.

There is also a lot of great comedy in this series too, which I did not expect. I never laughed as much during any of the Karate Kid movies. The part where some SJW karate kid gives some weepy speech at a karate tournament before a fight and Johnny leans over to his student and goes "kick this pansy b*tch in the face" is hilarious.

Surtur

BackFire
It's just a shame Pat Morita can't be in this. I watched the original Karate Kid the other night - first time in a long, long time - and it really is his movie. He's the reason it's good beyond nostalgia. Mr Miyagi is an excellent character with a surprising amount of depth.

Surtur
It's just a shame Pat Morita can't be in this. I watched the original Karate Kid the other night - first time in a long, long time - and it really is his movie. He's the reason it's good beyond nostalgia. Mr Miyagi is an excellent character with a surprising amount of depth.

Yeah, but his presence is felt.

Though yeah, actually a scene with a grown up Johnny talking to Miyagi would have been amazing.

The show also made me watch the original movie again recently. I daresay I might even watch Karate Kid 2 again as well. Maybe. Hulu has all 3 movies.

The 2nd film does give a lot of Miyagi's backstory.

Robtard

BackFire
Think I'm gonna give this a go when I'm done watching Death Note. Will just do the free month trial of youtube red I guess.

carthage
Saw the first few episodes and really enjoyed it

BackFire
I'm so impressed with this show. Wow. I'm about 7 episodes in and am loving it so far. Funny and moving and hits all the right nostalgia beats. It's a lot better than it has any right to be.

Surtur
I'm so impressed with this show. Wow. I'm about 7 episodes in and am loving it so far. Funny and moving and hits all the right nostalgia beats. It's a lot better than it has any right to be.

Told yew.

Flyattractor
Caught the first two eps. Was good. Pretty much hit the skip button when ever its about the LaRusso Family. That shit got old.

Robtard

Good news, it was renewed for a 2nd season.

Though I can't see this show going being 3, if even stopping at 2.

BackFire
Well seeing as this is the only show on youtube red that anyone has heard of, they'll probably want to keep it going for as long as possible. And I think the characters are strong enough to where they'd be able to go a while off their backs alone.

Robtard
Juts don't know how much sexually frustrated angst between Johnny and Danial they can do.

BackFire
I just finished the season. Really really liked how it ended. Think there's a lot they could still do with this series. Especially since they announced a couple weeks ago that Kreese will be a series regular in season 2.

Also read that the kid from Karate Kid 3 is interested in being in this.

Jmanghan
It's awesome. It's already getting a 2nd season. It's alright, I don't really like the teenagers at all. But Johnny and Daniel are always the best parts of the show, imo.

Impediment
I want Elizabeth Shue to have a role in season 2.

juggernaut74
I'm sure Terry Silver will be back, he was mentioned in season 1.

Jmanghan
I just finished the season. Really really liked how it ended. Think there's a lot they could still do with this series. Especially since they announced a couple weeks ago that Kreese will be a series regular in season 2.

Also read that the kid from Karate Kid 3 is interested in being in this. How is that possible though?

I imagine Kreese entered and Johnny proceeded to kick the ever-loving shit out of the old man.

Surtur
Originally posted by Jmanghan
How is that possible though?

I imagine Kreese entered and Johnny proceeded to kick the ever-loving shit out of the old man.

Maybe, maybe not. Johnny at the end was realizing he was kinda like Kreese in a way, he didn't like the way Miguel won. Who knows what will happen. And hell, who knows...maybe Kreese has a gun on him? It would be dumb to think he could confront Johnny at his age.

Plus the last thing he needs is the consequences that would follow since he'd surely be arrested for it.

cdtm
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Caught the first two eps. Was good. Pretty much hit the skip button when ever its about the LaRusso Family. That shit got old.

Felt like an episode of The Goldbergs or something.

Surtur
The show really picks up with the third episode.

Jmanghan
Maybe, maybe not. Johnny at the end was realizing he was kinda like Kreese in a way, he didn't like the way Miguel won. Who knows what will happen. And hell, who knows...maybe Kreese has a gun on him? It would be dumb to think he could confront Johnny at his age.

Plus the last thing he needs is the consequences that would follow since he'd surely be arrested for it. I thought the opposite, I feel the whole tournament he felt like he was promoting the wrong type of teaching, and that he was training his students the wrong way.

juggernaut74
Did anybody see the season 2 trailer?

Looks good.

Surtur
New season out tomorrow.

Surtur
Damn, so much for Kreese being weak.

Dreampanther
This season of Cobra Kai was so good I've upgraded it to 9/10, after rating it 8/10 for the first season. Season 3 should be epic.

Jmanghan
Damn, so much for Kreese being weak. Yeah it makes zero sense though.

No way Kreese should've been able to fight on par with Johnny.

Martin Kove himself is like 73 years old, not sure of Kreese's in-universe age but its probably around the same, granted Kreese is a bit bigger then Johnny physically but still.

Besides that I was really looking forward to Kreese being actually redeemed as opposed to the shit we got in the finale. He and Johnny had some heartfelt moments and even though Kreese was kinda playing him there had to have been moments where his heart was moved from the way Johnny was motivating him and not giving up on him.

juggernaut74
I'm waiting for the eventual team up of Johnny and Daniel which should be epic if done right.

Surtur
Yeah it makes zero sense though.

No way Kreese should've been able to fight on par with Johnny.

Martin Kove himself is like 73 years old, not sure of Kreese's in-universe age but its probably around the same, granted Kreese is a bit bigger then Johnny physically but still.

Besides that I was really looking forward to Kreese being actually redeemed as opposed to the shit we got in the finale. He and Johnny had some heartfelt moments and even though Kreese was kinda playing him there had to have been moments where his heart was moved from the way Johnny was motivating him and not giving up on him.

He's got the power of Cobra Kai in his veins. Don't you dare question it!

Robtard
I'm waiting for the eventual team up of Johnny and Daniel which should be epic if done right.

That will likely be the plot of S3, Johnny and Daniel combine Miyagi-Do and Johnny's Cobra Kai into "Miyagi-Kai", to take down the OG Cobra Kai.

cdtm
Haven't seen it all yet, but what if Kreese somehow brainwash's Daniel, and Johnny needs to save him?

Robtard
That would never happen, Daniel is protected from that with decades of Miyagi-Do mediation and mental fortification

BackFire
Second season was really good. Not quite as good as the first overall, but the ending was outstanding. Can't wait for the third.

cdtm
Be honest, when they cornered Demetri, who was saying "Get him! Get him!" to the TV?

Putinbot1
It's awesome, and far better as a show than ot has any right tp be

cdtm
Originally posted by Putinbot1
It's awesome, and far better as a show than ot has any right tp be

thumb up Nostalgic without being "so bad it's good" hokey. A hard balance to maintain, but they managed it.

....I still wanted to see Demetri get it, though. Yes, Hawk got what was coming to him, but that doesn't make Demetri in any way better then the passive aggressive jerk that he is.

Impediment
I recently binged season two and I want season three now!

BackFire
Well I want season 4!

BruceSkywalker
meh not enough nostalgia for me to like this.. its just same old story between too old farts who can't grow up

Ridley_Prime
Had this on my queue for awhile, but finally caught up. thumb up Season 3 comes early January, so not too far off now.

Surtur
Season 3 comes out January 8th on netflix. The latest trailer:

LcDQqGJG8pA

So Chozen from KK2 shows up, as does Kumiko.

I really wish they would bring Terry Silver the villain from KK3. Dude was a rich businessman(a lex luthor type) who also was a karate expert who fought in Vietnam with John Kreese. At one point Silver utters the line "for the next few weeks my only business is revenge" lol. He's awesome.

Anyone who enjoyed this show should check out KK2 and KK3 before the next season premieres. All 3 KK films are free on amazon prime/imdb tv. KK2 goes more into the backstory of Mr. Miyagi and it takes place mostly in Okinawa. KK3 will explain what the characters were referring to when they talk about Daniel joining Cobra Kai and Kreese faking his death.

Anyone who hasn't seen it should at least watch part 2 so you know who Chozen and Kumiko are.

juggernaut74
Yea I need to watch KK 2 and 3 againe to get refreshed.

Ridley_Prime
Yeah, during the wait for season 3, I had already checked out KK part 2 and 3 again earlier on. Definitely agree on Terry Silver. That was my first hope for a return which I can see still happening at some point. Chozen I definitely was not expecting though, but not complaining either. Curious as to how they will set him up in the show.

Surtur
Why would Kumiko AND Chozen show up at the same time?

Did they end up getting married or something?! There has to be a connection.

juggernaut74
I'm guessing Sato dies and Daniel goes back to Japan for the funeral.

As for Silver goes I think he was name dropped in season 1.

Surtur
KK3 is important to understand just why Cobra Kai triggers Daniel so much.

It is the worst of the 3 movies, but Silver makes it worth it.

And yes in season 1 Silver's name is brought up by the board of that karate tournament when they explain why Cobra Kai was banned and Johnny says he has no idea who he even is.

Which is another important thing to note: Johnny doesn't know just how low Cobra Kai can go. He doesn't know about what Silver and Kreese did to Daniel.

There is this line on the KK wiki about Silver when it comes to season 3:

"In December 2019, Martin Kove (Kreese's actor) mentioned that Kreese could see his old war buddy soon, which is likely another indication that Silver will appear."

Surtur
Refuse to watch The Next Karate Kid tho, f*ck that movie. There isn't anything redeemable about it, KK3 is bad, but it at least had Terry Silver and Daniel screaming "This is the 80s" at Mr. Miyagi at one point.

Ridley_Prime
Would say The Next Karate Kid was the lesser evil compared to the generic 2010 reboot. Enjoyed seeing Miyagi in it one last time, and Michael Ironside was amusing as the villain as you'd expect, though he was no Kreese.

The only character I would not really want to see again or be brought back is Mike Barnes. I know he was Terry Silver's student but the dude was straight up unlikable compared to Larusso's other rivals.

Surtur
I have never seen the reboot.

All I know is the next karate kid had dancing monks.

Btw rumor is series will premiere new years day now and not the 8th...

juggernaut74
Just finished season 3 and it was good. Really delves into Kreese's past in Vietnam and even before he joined the army. The dude has seen some shit.

The teen drama is hard to watch at times though.

BruceSkywalker
Just finished season 3 and it was good. Really delves into Kreese's past in Vietnam and even before he joined the army. The dude has seen some shit.

The teen drama is hard to watch at times though.

how are the fight scenes

juggernaut74
It's hard to watch when the kids fight.

The adult fight scenes are good.

Jmanghan
That was ****ing incredible.

Far and away the best season so far, absolutely phenomenal, had a slow-ish start but when it kicked off it ****ing KICKED OFF.

BruceSkywalker
watched the first 3 episodes.. its pretty decent.. i want more fight scenes though

Jmanghan

The adult fight scenes are good. I disagree, Hawk vs Miguel in S2 was great.

Bashar Teg
this show gets dumber every season.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
this show gets dumber every season. S3 was amazing.

BruceSkywalker
S3 was amazing.

how are the scenes with daniel and chosan and daniel and kumiko

Ridley_Prime

The adult fight scenes are good.
Probably because Ralph Macchio, William Zabka, etc are all actual martial artists, while the kids are either not or less so.

But yeah, this was likely my favorite season yet. Chozen's return was well handled, and Kreese still being an effective love to hate kind of villain despite his backstory. Definitely ready for some Terry Silver next, which they built up well also.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
how are the scenes with daniel and chosan and daniel and kumiko Kumiko doesn't fight, Daniel and Chozen's fight was pretty dope.

Robtard
S3 was amazing.

I disagree there, J.

I enjoyed S3, but it wasn't better than 1 and 2. Show is on a clear (slow) downward trend.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Robtard
I disagree there, J.

I enjoyed S3, but it wasn't better than 1 and 2. Show is on a clear (slow) downward trend. Why do you say that? Had a lot of stand-out moments compared to last time, imo.

Jmanghan
I disagree there, J.

I enjoyed S3, but it wasn't better than 1 and 2. Show is on a clear (slow) downward trend. Enjoyed Kreese's backstory, Daniel returning to Okinawa.

Thought Hawk becoming good again was awesome and handled well through-out the season.

Miguel recovering from his injuries in Season Two, the final fight with everyone at Daniel's house, it was all very well-done.

I really don't like Amanda's character, never have, never will. She is a horrible fit for Daniel.

Sam's fears concerning Tory were handled very well, especially after what happened in Season 2.

I think 2 is my least favorite, while 3 is my first, and 1 is my second.

BruceSkywalker
so i've watched all episodes.. this really could've been better.. the fight scenes are good, the character development for robbie was piss poor.. kreese's back story was fine but still as a character i do not care. overall i'd rate 6/10

BruceSkywalker
also is thomas ian griffith, jaden smth and hilary swank make appearances in season 4

Ridley_Prime
Interesting... Certainly more than I hoped there for returning cast.

The development of everyone else was good, though Robby I expect I still would've hated regardless of his. After how escalatory the show was previously, particularly with season 2, I liked how feelgood season 3 was with the characters reconnecting and coming to an understanding, with the last episode being an action packed enough season finale as any to go out on. The worst I can say is the season was too slow paced during the first half with Miguel's recovery, but I kinda expected it.

Old Man Whirly!
The Tory Actress is 22, I looked it up before I thought about her naked.

Darth Thor
Well about time Johnny and LaRusso teamed up

Probably the weakest season, got a bit silly towards the end and Mighell shouldnt have been fighting at all this season

But still a dope show.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
The Tory Actress is 22, I looked it up before I thought about her naked. I know right? God she's absolutely SMOKING hot.

riv6672

BruceSkywalker
https://i.postimg.cc/6qnShhVb/peyton-r-list-at-revolvefestival-day-2-in-la-quinta-4.jpg

riv6672

juggernaut74
Her head is oddly shaped.

Anyways I wonder if Kreese was talking to Silver or were they trying to pull a fast one on us? I know all signs point to it being Silver.

Was Terry Silver ever mentioned or credited during season 3?

Darth Thor
It will definitely be Silver. Hes the only original villain left.

I like how this show doesnt need to de-canonise anything in order to be good. It in fact embraces the whole canon and is all the better for it.

Bashar Teg
https://i.postimg.cc/6qnShhVb/peyton-r-list-at-revolvefestival-day-2-in-la-quinta-4.jpg

she needs an eye wrangler

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
she needs an eye wrangler

Have to say shes gone down in my eyes since these guys posted that pic.

Those knees are disgusting. Im guessing she actually does a lot of Muay Thai, hence does a lot of knee strikes.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Have to say shes gone down in my eyes since these guys posted that pic.

Those knees are disgusting. Im guessing she actually does a lot of Muay Thai, hence does a lot of knee strikes. To each their own:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cnd_OeGVYAAhRbz.jpg

Jmanghan
Btw, I'm sorry but... character development aside, this season had too many legendary moments, Kreese's backstory was appreciated.

I know that's a cop-out, but I genuinely enjoyed seeing Chozen again, having Hawk team up with Demitri, Miguel fighting Kyler (whether or not he should've fought in this season), seeing Ali again, and I guess I am the only one who kind of enjoyed Miguel's recovery. The way he did it was very Cobra Kai-esque, and the fight scene against Kreese was MMM SO SATISFYING! Sam being so scared of Tory makes sense. Hawk's change was not out of nowhere, it was gradual, and you can see it with the looks he gives through-out this season in particular.

Overall, best season by far. I get that it should run off it's own moments, but the show in itself is fanservice, and I enjoyed the fanservice I got in S3. I liked the moments, I thought it was the best season so far.

riv6672

Jmanghan
It will definitely be Silver. Hes the only original villain left.

I like how this show doesnt need to de-canonise anything in order to be good. It in fact embraces the whole canon and is all the better for it. Mike Barnes.

The only one to completely kick Daniel's ass without breaking a sweat. I mean, Chozen is likely better then him, but he's also likely ahead of everyone atm, he held back so much against Daniel it's not even funny.

I think Chozen would make a decent Miyagi replacement, not that you could ever replace Mr. Miyagi, but he'd be the best shot.

Likely the best-trained, can fight circles around everyone else in the show and humiliate them at his leisure, seems very light-hearted and would make a good, if stern, Sensei. He's also rockin some serious Miyagi-esque wisdom. Plus it'd be funny for him to show up and beat up Johnny and Daniel at the same time for continuing to bicker, lol.

Darth Thor
Mike Barnes.

The only one to completely kick Daniel's ass without breaking a sweat. I mean, Chozen is likely better then him, but he's also likely ahead of everyone atm, he held back so much against Daniel it's not even funny.

I think Chozen would make a decent Miyagi replacement, not that you could ever replace Mr. Miyagi, but he'd be the best shot.

Likely the best-trained, can fight circles around everyone else in the show and humiliate them at his leisure, seems very light-hearted and would make a good, if stern, Sensei. He's also rockin some serious Miyagi-esque wisdom. Plus it'd be funny for him to show up and beat up Johnny and Daniel at the same time for continuing to bicker, lol.

Need to rewatch Karate Kid 3.

Was great to see Chozen. The way Daniel shat himself when he turned up was so funny.

And yeah hed make for a decent Miyagi replacement.

Was interesting Johnny was kicking the crud out of Kreese. Given they basically stalemated when he first showed up in S2. Thought maybe Kreese was holding back until he tried killing him lol.

Also interesting he almost took Daniel until Daniel did Chozens paralysing thing. But then I guess he did throw him out of a window. Advantage of Cobra Kai is playing dirty.

Jmanghan
Need to rewatch Karate Kid 3.

Was great to see Chozen. The way Daniel shat himself when he turned up was so funny.

And yeah hed make for a decent Miyagi replacement.

Was interesting Johnny was kicking the crud out of Kreese. Given they basically stalemated when he first showed up in S2. Thought maybe Kreese was holding back until he tried killing him lol.

Also interesting he almost took Daniel until Daniel did Chozens paralysing thing. But then I guess he did throw him out of a window. Advantage of Cobra Kai is playing dirty. I'd hardly say he almost took Daniel, he got off a tackle but before that it was pretty one-sided in Daniel's favor.

That said, Kreese at 100% would've done way better, he'd just had his shit seriously pushed in by Johnny.

BruceSkywalker
thoughts on potential spin offs

Jmanghan
thoughts on potential spin offs I don't think we need a spin-off of a spin-off.

Unless it's like a time-skip thing... and it's made 10+ years from now with the original actors.

Robtard
Amanda LaRusso is very bangable. Would smash.

Darth Thor

Yeah shes the hottest.

But that could be our age talking!

Robtard
Even if I was in my 20's still I would have found her sexy as she is now. Sexy is sexy.

Darth Thor
Truth

BruceSkywalker

so true..

Robtard
Truth

Also sexy when she was younger:

https://i.redd.it/iwro8ew0ipu21.jpg

Darth Thor
Oh wow.

And damn shes Sheldons sister!

riv6672
Damn nice rack!

Jmanghan
Even if I was in my 20's still I would have found her sexy as she is now. Sexy is sexy. I'm 24 and I find her seriously stunning.

That said, doubt I'd choose her over Mary Mouser or Peyton List, tbh.

Darth Thor
Thats fine. You and Riv can have Tori and Sam. Me and Rob will have to come to an arrangement over Amanda.

Robtard
Works. Alternating days with every other Sunday stick out tongue

Mary Mouser is very cute though.

BrolyBlack

Shes so pretty

Darth Thor

She is yeah. Would love to be on the receiving end of one of her smiles.

riv6672
Thats fine. You and Riv can have Tori and Sam. Me and Rob will have to come to an arrangement over Amanda.

Works. Alternating days with every other Sunday stick out tongue

Ugh. I hate math. erm

cdtm
Kind of thought the Hawk turn was disappointing. He has a random change of heart, and suddenly everything is forgiven?

He still broke your arm, dude.

And I mean, they just established he's out of his mind with anger, beating a school bully to a bloody pulp. Kind of an odd scene to show, shortly before a heel-face turn.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by cdtm
Kind of thought the Hawk turn was disappointing. He has a random change of heart, and suddenly everything is forgiven?

He still broke your arm, dude.

And I mean, they just established he's out of his mind with anger, beating a school bully to a bloody pulp. Kind of an odd scene to show, shortly before a heel-face turn. Hahahaha, no. It was not sudden. Pay attention to EVERY little look that is given.

He did not want to break his arm, Demitri has never been the type to hold grudges, especially against someone he considered his best friend. Plus, if Demitri rejected his apology it's the wrong time to turn down help in a fight, lmao. Hawk had been turning ever since the beginning of S3.

Darth Thor
^ Yeah and that bully he beat up had to be done to put him and the original one in their places.

riv6672

Jmanghan
You know, while I do think a Miguel vs Kyler rematch was very cool, I honestly thought it was building up to Demitri vs Kyler. What with the bullying, Kyler being a "cool guy" and Demitri being a through-and-through nerd. I was waiting for it, but was sorely disappointed.

Surtur
It seems that doing the right thing and the wrong thing are both wrong.

Miguel did the opposite of Hawk and held back then ended up in a coma. Hawk didn't hold back, but injured a former friend and then had feelings. Then in the first season when Miguel didn't hold back he became a champion.

Meanwhile Robbie not holding back helps him out(in juvy) when not holding back before is what landed him there. So...mixed messages lol. Is violence wrong or not? The end would hint it is, but then again they agreed to settle their differences via fighting lol. Yes at a tournament, but still...why not call the cops? I know they tried before, but now we have multiple witnesses including adults and teenagers coming out against Kreese. And why on Earth would they even think Kreese would honor the terms? What does he have left in life? Think he's just gonna walk away?

Also laughed that they imply Kumiko just never moved on from a romance she had for a week when she was 18. Daniel sure moved on. Is it a Japanese female thing? Cuz Miyagi's first love didn't move on either.

I enjoyed the season, but one thing that bugged me was Miguel acting like Johnny never mentioned his upbringing and how he was wealthy younger. This is a lie. In the first season when Miguel invites Johnny for dinner and Johnny tells his mom where he grew up she even comments on it and Miguel is sitting right there. It just felt like they wanted to make Johnny seem like even more of an a-hole, when that could have been accomplished merely with Miguel finding out Johnny lied about his feud with Daniel.

Jmanghan
It seems that doing the right thing and the wrong thing are both wrong.

Miguel did the opposite of Hawk and held back then ended up in a coma. Hawk didn't hold back, but injured a former friend and then had feelings. Then in the first season when Miguel didn't hold back he became a champion.

Meanwhile Robbie not holding back helps him out(in juvy) when not holding back before is what landed him there. So...mixed messages lol. Is violence wrong or not? The end would hint it is, but then again they agreed to settle their differences via fighting lol. Yes at a tournament, but still...why not call the cops? I know they tried before, but now we have multiple witnesses including adults and teenagers coming out against Kreese. And why on Earth would they even think Kreese would honor the terms? What does he have left in life? Think he's just gonna walk away?

Also laughed that they imply Kumiko just never moved on from a romance she had for a week when she was 18. Daniel sure moved on. Is it a Japanese female thing? Cuz Miyagi's first love didn't move on either.

I enjoyed the season, but one thing that bugged me was Miguel acting like Johnny never mentioned his upbringing and how he was wealthy younger. This is a lie. In the first season when Miguel invites Johnny for dinner and Johnny tells his mom where he grew up she even comments on it and Miguel is sitting right there. It just felt like they wanted to make Johnny seem like even more of an a-hole, when that could have been accomplished merely with Miguel finding out Johnny lied about his feud with Daniel.

I think this season was trying to be more grey or ambiguous compared to the last two. You see that through-out the season, and not just through it's messages. Tory is portrayed as exceptionally brutal, watched and cheered Hawk on as he broke Demitri's arm, yet when Hawk laid a beatdown on Brucks, she could barely watch.

I think they're trying to make things more "human". People change, and morality is kind of fragile, especially as a teen.

I like how the teens are starting to learn that they can't always entirely rely on their role models for the answers, sometimes they just need to figure shit out on their own. It's okay to push them in the right DIRECTION, but in the end, only they can make their own choices.

Darth Thor
Also lets face it, Striking First was the only way for Robbie to get by in prison. So was actually good advice Kreese gave him. But of course it was his way of swaying Robbie to his team.

Surtur
Also lets face it, Striking First was the only way for Robbie to get by in prison. So was actually good advice Kreese gave him. But of course it was his way of swaying Robbie to his team.

It's not like the kid was in Riker's island. He *could* have reached out to Daniel to tell about his treatment.

Darth Thor
It's not like the kid was in Riker's island. He *could* have reached out to Daniel to tell about his treatment.

He blamed Daniel for putting him in there.

That guy was gonna keep being a d*** until he fought back. And as we already saw, self defence wasnt gonna cut it.

Surtur
I'm just curious what Kreese will do to finally turn Robby away.

Try to feed a student to a cobra? I mean he legit was fine with the guy trying to murder Daniel so it's gonna take something extreme to turn him from Kreese.

Jmanghan
I'm just curious what Kreese will do to finally turn Robby away.

Try to feed a student to a cobra? I mean he legit was fine with the guy trying to murder Daniel so it's gonna take something extreme to turn him from Kreese.

Robby is a blind follower. Unlike the others who were blind followers for a little while but now are somewhat independent, Robby stands alone. I don't even think it's him being a blind follower, it's more him just being more comfortable playing the villain.

He's extremely self-centered from what I can say. Worst-case scenario, he may not ever turn, and may become the new Kreese.

Surtur
If Terry Silver gets his hooks into Robby it's going to end badly too. Robby is poor, Terry can offer him money.

Come to think of it, where is Robby staying now? A homeless shelter with Kreese?

Ridley_Prime
Robby's thing with is he'll hang out with whoever his dad hates or is in cahoots with to spite him. First it was Larusso, but since Daniel and Johnny get along now, he moved on to Kreese.

Darth Thor
Yeah and Sam was the thing keeping him on the right side. Now that shes chosen Miguel, its gonna be that much less likely he will go back. Especially when its pretty likely he will banging Tory soon.

Jmanghan
If Terry Silver gets his hooks into Robby it's going to end badly too. Robby is poor, Terry can offer him money.

Come to think of it, where is Robby staying now? A homeless shelter with Kreese? I'm pretty sure Robby and Kreese live at Cobra Kai.

Surtur
how does kreese even pay his bills?!

Jmanghan
how does kreese even pay his bills?! With the students at Cobra Kai's money, lol.

Surtur
he's got like 3 people. robby can't pay

BruceSkywalker

prolly gold press latinum lol

cdtm

Beating up nerds for their lunch money.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>