(VOTE IN POLL!) DE Luke Skywalker vs DE Palpatine - Lightsabers only

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarthAnt66
LIGHTSABERS / FORCE AUGMENTATION ONLY.

This is to gauge public opinion on the Dark Empire fight.

DarthAnt66
Accidentally voted Palpatine in a close fight, but actually undecided. Open to arguments, but leaning Palpatine in a good fight.

Geistalt
Same.

Except I'm not undecided.

DarthAnt66
My thoughts: I doubt the intent was that Luke disarmed Palpatine principally because of Leia's aid, but Veitch has also noted that the idea of Palpatine being the supreme OG wasn't established until the prequel trilogy - meaning Palpatine's high-level mastery of everything wasn't being considered. However, it's now hard to reconcile Luke's victory given his poor performances in everything until the end of New Jedi Order, even if we assume Palpatine's lightsaber skills dwindled. Overall, I'm willing to overemphasize Leia's suspect influence to make more sense of the fight and assume Palpatine wins in a good fight otherwise.

Ursumeles
Luke.

JKBart
DE Luke > DE Palpatine clearly, it's ****ing depicted in the source, why the debate lol

Ursumeles
Wanted to click DE Luke wins in a good fight not in a stomp. Sorry.

Freedon Nadd
How the fudge could Leia influence Luke's lightsabre skills? laughing out loud

You just cannot accept that Palpatine is not that much of a lightsabrer, are you?

DarthAnt66
Lmfao, by imbuing him with power to make him stronger, faster, more precise, etc. no expression

Azronger
Sheev stomps

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Lmfao, by imbuing him with power to make him stronger, faster, more precise, etc. no expression
This didn't happen.

DarthAnt66
He said "how could."

FreshestSlice
He meant in the context of DE, which what you're talking about. You realize this, yes? Nadd's not the brightest light bulb in box, but he's far from hard to understand.

DarthAnt66
I took it as him asking how could a Force user improve the lightsaber skills of another Force user in general speak.

*shrugs*

Haschwalth
Been done :facepalm.

Luke in a good fight.

No evidence suggests Leia bolstered him during the duel. It was only explicitly implied/stated after the duel, when Palp summons his force storm.

victreebelvictr
sheev has always been a master of lightsaber combat, uses it alot or not, he knows how to.

Freedon Nadd
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
I took it as him asking how could a Force user improve the lightsaber skills of another Force user in general speak.

*shrugs*

Light side battle meditation is not Dark Side Battle Meditation(Palpatine's or evil Shan's in KotOR, etc)

Light side battle meditation description:

DarthAnt66
-

Freedon Nadd
Fine, Leia Force amped him. But that's all. Luke beat Palpatine in lightsabre combat fair and square because Palpatine just sucks with one. End of Story.

Geistalt
Originally posted by Freedon Nadd
Neither Palpatine nor Ommin were strong enough to create a perfect body(one for Nadd, the other for himself)

Hmmm... Well, that cements Nadd as the biggest Sidious lowballer on the forum.

And this cements him as the biggest Sidious hater on the forum.

Originally posted by Freedon Nadd
Dude, he lost to a newbie DE lightsabre Luke. confused Hardly a newbie, considering Luke was stronger than Vader by RotJ and got 7 more years' worth of training by DE.

Originally posted by Azronger
More hype for Mace. He's an equal to Yoda and Palpatine in lightsaber skill:

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11129/111291526/6259210-5373043804-151754933277678678

Freedon Nadd
Originally posted by Geistalt
Well, that cements Nadd as the biggest Sidious lowballer on the forum.

And this cements him as the biggest Sidious hater on the forum.

Hardly a newbie, considering Luke was stronger than Vader by RotJ and got 7 more years' worth of training by DE.

1. My lowballing makes sense, though. But you are right I am one of his biggest haters since he is pretty much a one-dimensional character.

2. Luke was definitely not stronger by Vader. Vader was holding back.
In fact, let's see the main enemies he faced:
1. Flint
Both were equally matched
2. Vader
Vader held back
3. Nick Rostu
Nick was being mind-controlled by Cronal.
Cronal is not a lightsabre combat expert. His area of expertise is in Sith magic and alchemy.
4. Lumiya
She admitted much herself that it was her rare weapon and 'high ground' points that allowed her to beat Luke. That's why she lost in their last duel. No advantageous terrain point, Luke was angry as well, and already was familiar with her style. His enhanced physical strength - also helped a lot.

Even if you still want to think Luke>Vader back then fair and square. You are further proving my point that one doesn't have to be a fully-fledged lightsabre master to hold his ground against a fully-fledged lightsabre combat expert.

All in all: If you think that a 6 years old Luke>Sidious in lightsabre combat despite his enormous praise, then you are further proving me that Sidious sucks with a lightsabre. If it's the other way around: You are further proving me how inaccurate handbooks and sourcebooks are when it comes to in-universe interpretation.

But have it your way. 👊🏻👆🏻👉🏻👍🏻

Geistalt
You'd like to play make-believe and think that one of the greatest lightsaber duelists of all time, equal to Mace and Yoda, is a worse lightsaber duelist than Vitiate, ofc

Freedon Nadd
And none of it has anything to do with the thread.

The Ellimist
Originally posted by Jaggarath
My thoughts: I doubt the intent was that Luke disarmed Palpatine principally because of Leia's aid, but Veitch has also noted that the idea of Palpatine being the supreme OG wasn't established until the prequel trilogy - meaning Palpatine's high-level mastery of everything wasn't being considered. However, it's now hard to reconcile Luke's victory given his poor performances in everything until the end of New Jedi Order, even if we assume Palpatine's lightsaber skills dwindled. Overall, I'm willing to overemphasize Leia's suspect influence to make more sense of the fight and assume Palpatine wins in a good fight otherwise.

TUF reveals Luke has avoided using his full power since DE. With that in mind, I say this fight is 50/50.

Jaggarath
I vaguely recall that, but quote? I know there's a handful of quotes like that too about certain points in Luke's life. We should find them.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.