Can Surtur pierce Superman skin?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

quanchi112
Inspired by Kryptonian fanaticism. Surtur is fully powered and has the Twilight Sword.

WolvesofBabylon
He wouldnt be able to hit Superman honestly. He moved extremely slow. But if he actually hit him, I would say yes.

Juk3n
Someone list everything NON kryptonian that has ever pierced supermans skin.

And that excludes things that did him significant damage AFTER being hit with some sort of kryptonian weapon, for those who like to purposefully, play dense.

WolvesofBabylon
Has Superman ever shown physical damage other than the Nuke or being around Knite? I honestly do not recall.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Juk3n
Someone list everything NON kryptonian that has ever pierced supermans skin.

The Nuke pierced his skin pretty damn well.

Surtur does worse. Much worse.

The Spectre+
Originally posted by Darth Thor
The Nuke pierced his skin pretty damn well.

You mean a WEAKENED skin due to knite.

quanchi112

DrDeadpool
This fantasy about Superman being so Invincible needs to stop , in MOS the only enemies Superman fought were other Kryptonians , in BVS he fought BATMAN and an ancient Creature from Krypton and that's it. I haven't watched Justice league.

Just because he has withstood bullets and weak missiles doesn't mean much , a normal Asgardian is bullet proof , also a nuke totally destroyed him , that itself gives us a limit to Superman's so called invincibility

quanchi112
Jukn is a fanboy.

WolvesofBabylon
Doomsday killing him happened after exposure to Knite. With Doomsday, he was holding a spear made of Knite when Doomsday stabbed him.

That is about as useful as saying Thor was beat up or killed after Odin took his powers away.

quanchi112

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by WolvesofBabylon
Doomsday killing him happened after exposure to Knite. With Doomsday, he was holding a spear made of Knite when Doomsday stabbed him.

That is about as useful as saying Thor was beat up or killed after Odin took his powers away.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eS-jAKCZIaI

He wasn't holding the Kryptonite spear when he got nuked dude.

WolvesofBabylon
I have never said Superman was invincible. The whole point of that scene was Superman had to stab Doomsday with the Spear knowing he was going to probably die in the process because it made him vulnerable and I said I think if Surtur hit him, he would die. I just feel ignoring context and making things up is ridiculous.

Josh_Alexander
I have never said Superman was invincible. The whole point of that scene was Superman had to stab Doomsday with the Spear knowing he was going to probably die in the process because it made him vulnerable and I said I think if Surtur hit him, he would die. I just feel ignoring context and making things up is ridiculous.

I know how Superman died at the end of BvS.

The fact here is the Nuke damage Superman pretty bad.

Surtur was able to obliterate Asgard. I think it's pretty clear which one is the most powerful weapon.

WolvesofBabylon
Originally posted by Josh_Alexander
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eS-jAKCZIaI

He wasn't holding the Kryptonite spear when he got nuked dude.

Did I mention the Nuke in that post, Dude?

WolvesofBabylon
Originally posted by Josh_Alexander
I know how Superman died at the end of BvS.

The fact here is the Nuke damage Superman pretty bad.

Surtur was able to obliterate Asgard. I think it's pretty clear which one is the most powerful weapon.

Again where do I mention the Nuke here? I am talking about the Doomsday scene.

I'm not going to make a claim about Knite and the Nuke? He was exposed to Knite before the Nuke. How long does that last? No idea and thats why I'm not going to suggest that. Someone else did however.

Adam Grimes
You can't pierce what you can't touch. Haaaaa

Robtard
I don't recall a nuke "piercing" Superman? It seems like it dried him up some like a prune. Can someone post a clip of Superman being "pierced" when he's not weakened by K-nite? Thanks in advance.

playa1258
He was also weak from K-nite when he took the nuke.

DrDeadpool
Originally posted by playa1258

That's pure Speculation , Superman is the most overrated character in this site and that's surprising since his character was as garbage as the movies he was in. His comic counterpart is WAY more interesting.

Josh_Alexander
Again where do I mention the Nuke here? I am talking about the Doomsday scene.

I'm not going to make a claim about Knite and the Nuke? He was exposed to Knite before the Nuke. How long does that last? No idea and thats why I'm not going to suggest that. Someone else did however.

thumb up

Originally posted by Adam Grimes
You can't pierce what you can't touch. Haaaaa

Not worth addressing.

Originally posted by playa1258

He was K-nite way before the nuke dude. Also, he didn't seem weak when punching DD through the atmosphere.

playa1258
Originally posted by DrDeadpool
That's pure Speculation , Superman is the most overrated character in this site and that's surprising since his character was as garbage as the movies he was in. His comic counterpart is WAY more interesting. Actually he is rated just right on here. Unlike Comicvine or CBR. Thor needed another power up in IW to be able to tangle with DCEU Superman. Pre-SB MCU Thor would get stomped. SB Thor can legit win now.

Robtard
IW Thor is still too slow. Superman goes into super-speed and Thor is like a statue to him. Proof: Superman's fight/combat-feat with the Flash.

playa1258
Superman is far faster but that neutron star tanking by Thor was the shit.

Robtard
Thor's a total badass, always was, he's even more badass now; I'm looking forward to him in the IF sequel. I really hope he's not toppled as the Avenger's powerhouse when it comes to pure might.

playa1258
Unfortunately he will be. Captain Marvel is confirmed to be by far the most powerful by Feige. She can fly through stars and punch moons away.

The Russos and Feige have said she is on a level of power we have not seen before.

Robtard
Oh? I don't like that at all, they're basically making her Superman and that doesn't belong in the MCU. Granted, I'll wait to see her films before passing final judgement.

I'd much prefer they made her a threat to Thanos by other means than just being the mightiest-of-all.

playa1258
It's already controversial. I just hope its not a Rey situation.

Darth Thor
Rey was a unique situation where they spat on a couple of generations of Star Wars lore, where Potential Jedi actually needed training before they take on and defeat the big bad.

If they want to make Captain Marvel more powerful than Thor, then so be it. Im not going to cry about it. Just as long as they make it believable how a mortal can become more powerful than the King of Asgard.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Surtur's Sword shatters on Superman's invulnerable pecs.

Sure, he destroyed a planet, but it was an oddly shaped planet of small Gods. Not nearly as impressive as Superman punching Zod through 6 Skyscrapers and beating up Steppenwolf.

quanchi112
People need to relax. I trust Kevin Feige and the decisions he makes. This is an adaptation of the comics not a literal translation. The axe called stormbreaker worked despite it being entirely different in the comics.

Thanos is the grandest cinematic villain of all time. He shits all over Vader. That guy was truly a pussy when it mattered the most.

WolvesofBabylon
Not even a top 10 villain.

quanchi112

WolvesofBabylon
Thanos. In comic movies, sure he is up there. But in all Cinema? No way.

Robtard
I could see MCU Thanos making the '100 Greatest Cinematic Villains' list, especially if he one-ups himself in the sequel. Maybe in the 50-60's.

But he's not touching classics like Michael Corleone, Darth Vader, Hannibal Lector, Nurse Ratchet, Bill The Butcher, Hans Gruber etc.

gauntlet o doom
If it's a question of whether the Twilight Sword can pierce Superman's skin - not if Surtur is fast enough to tag Superman - I'd say yes. Superman, and probably a lot of people as well, would be vulnerable to a magical flaming sword.

Silent Master
IMO, As the question is can Surtur pierce Superman skin and not, is Surtur fast enough to hit Superman. I'd say it's fairly obvious what the question is.

But since it was asked by the world's most obvious troll, I can understand why people are choosing not to address the actual question.

quanchi112

TheLordofMurder
I see the trolls are out to defend Superman at all costs...

The thread asks the question "can" Surtur pierce Superman's skin, not wether or not Surtur can land a blow on Superman...

Given the question this thread actually asks combined with the fact that Superman's durability has limits that have been exceeded by far less than Surturs planet busting force, I think the answer is obvious...

Surtur can absolutely pierce Superman's skin...

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by Silent Master
IMO, As the question is can Surtur pierce Superman skin and not, is Surtur fast enough to hit Superman. I'd say it's fairly obvious what the question is.

But since it was asked by the world's most obvious troll, I can understand why people are choosing not to address the actual question.

thumb up

Silent Master
I understand why they're answering like they are, but in doing so they have fallen completely into quan's trap. As far as this thread goes, they have actually ceded Quan both the moral and ethical high ground.

It's one thing to call Trump a moron if he says the World is flat, it's completely different calling him a moron for saying gravity exists.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Silent Master

But since it was asked by the world's most obvious troll, I can understand why people are choosing not to address the actual question. You can be such a drama queen.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Surtur's Sword shatters on Superman's invulnerable pecs.

Sure, he destroyed a planet, but it was an oddly shaped planet of small Gods. Not nearly as impressive as Superman punching Zod through 6 Skyscrapers and beating up Steppenwolf. It's not that the planet was oddly-shaped.

It's that it's actually a tiny planet per the films.

http://vsbattles.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:Assaltwaffle/ Marvel_Cinematic_Universe:_Surtur_Destroys_Asgard_
V3

I mean, you can literally see Odin's palace in a shot of the entire realm.

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/marvelcinematicuniverse/images/2/26/AsgardFull.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20180421164352

Is there anything I'm missing here that indicates Asgard is any larger?

Compared to Superman, who is per Batman "stronger than a planet" which allowed him to tank and be resurrected by the world-shaping energies of the Mother Box?

Yeah, I'd say Superman takes it just fine.

quanchi112

NemeBro
https://i.makeagif.com/media/5-02-2017/zYbUS5.gif

quanchi112
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/02/50/01/0250018d17732e9c3ee712eb8ccfc157.jpg

h1a8
I would say more likely than not. But I wouldn't be surprised if not.

FrothByte
Surtur will penetrate Clark with his giant sword.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.