Conspiracy theory thread

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cdtm
A thread for posting any theories you have, no matter how wild.

I suspect Facebook was a spook operation from the start. Yes, it's a well known fact they are used now, because with their popularity and reach for it would be stupid to deny it, but just look at the founders. You're got people with CIA ties, and one guy who was probably a mobster..

And Zuckerberg just happens to have sole control of the biggest spy network on the planet. The Feds only have to go through one Guy, instead of dealing with a group, which is convienent.

socool8520
I don't think it was initially, but organizations like the CIA would be crazy not to use it for spy purposes with how much data you can get from it.

Adam Grimes
I went to the past and killed Kennedy. It wasn't Ozzy.

SquallX
Originally posted by Adam Grimes
I went to the past and killed Kennedy. It wasn't Ozzy.

Psst! You should have gotten rich instead!

socool8520
Yeah.....even Biff got it right Grimes.

Emperordmb
We live in a white supremacist capitalist heteropatriarcy built on dominance and interlocking systems of oppression.

Not my theory of course, but a pretty pervasive conspiracy theory.

Kurk
Flight 93 was shot down by our government. (I only mind them lying about it)

dadudemon
Originally posted by socool8520
I don't think it was initially, but organizations like the CIA would be crazy not to use it for spy purposes with how much data you can get from it.

This is correct. thumb up

https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/interest-privacy-will-ensure-youre-targeted-nsa/

If you don't use Facebook, you could be no a monitor list as they had no way to keep tabs on people with their Big Data AI tools.

Surtur
Originally posted by cdtm

I suspect Facebook was a spook operation from the start. Yes, it's a well known fact they are used now, because with their popularity and reach for it would be stupid to deny it, but just look at the founders. You're got people with CIA ties, and one guy who was probably a mobster..

And Zuckerberg just happens to have sole control of the biggest spy network on the planet. The Feds only have to go through one Guy, instead of dealing with a group, which is convienent.

I'm gonna post some wild conspiracy only the looniest of loons would believe:

Trump colluded with Russia. That shit is sad as hell. But funny.

Surtur
Originally posted by Emperordmb
We live in a white supremacist capitalist heteropatriarcy built on dominance and interlocking systems of oppression.

Not my theory of course, but a pretty pervasive conspiracy theory.

Oh and the US is a rape culture, don't forget that. And the wage gap, lol, that shit is pure fairy tale.

Surtur
Speaking of conspiracies, you know in the 70s there was an investigation that concluded "yeah, there probably was some conspiracy with JFK" ? It was the "United States House Select Committee on Assassinations".

dadudemon
Originally posted by SquallX
Psst! You should have gotten rich instead!

Plot Twist: time travel only works if you travel back in time to assassinate powerful people.

cdtm
Michael Hastings was probably murdered.

cdtm
Originally posted by dadudemon
Plot Twist: time travel only works if you travel back in time to assassinate powerful people.

So how did we get around the paradox of never going back in time to kill the guy you killed, because you deprived yourself of a reason for going in the first place?

SquallX
I eat and shit time paradoxes for breakfast, lunch and dinner!🧐

ESB -1138

I think the government just cracked down on Zuckerberg and his spying because the government doesn't want competition. Only they have the "right" to spy on you!

Flyattractor
Originally posted by ESB -1138
I think the government just cracked down on Zuckerberg and his spying because the government doesn't want competition. Only they have the "right" to spy on you!

Technically that is "Kind of Right". Cause the "Government" can get Legal Authority to SPY On People. (said with a grain of salt).

dadudemon
So how did we get around the paradox of never going back in time to kill the guy you killed, because you deprived yourself of a reason for going in the first place?

If assuming a single timeline, then the timeline changes for everyone except for the time traveling murderer.

If multiple timelines, then it is a different universe.

SquallX

NewGuy01
Didn't someone just make a thread for that?

cdtm
#Metoo: This is being pushed by powerful men against other powerful men.

Oh, I totally believe the allegations are real. Every single one. But why is this a thing now, and not ten years ago. Or 20 years ago. People were making claims forever, and guess what, the stories got squashed.

And now they're not. IMO, this is in part because of a changing of the guard, with the new power brokers using #Metoo as their weapon of choice.

It's part purge, part punishment against adversaries..

BackFire
My favorite current conspiracy theory is that Trump doesn't actually know what a dog is.

https://www.indy100.com/article/there-is-a-growing-body-of-evidence-that-donald-trump-doesnt-actually-know-what-a-dog-is--WJz0vx3wy4Z

cdtm
Our political system is odd.

The Republicans are mostly said to be older white guys. Possibly racist.

The Democrats are mostly everyone else. Even more conservative groups, like certain Asian cultures, who disagree with things like wealth redistribution, abortion, same sex marriage, or any number of platform points still vote Democrat on account of the fact they feel a Republicans is a white boys club.

No matter how bad the Democratic Party is, they can count on support from every who isn't old and white.

And that, to me, is very strange. A choice that amounts to "Us or hitler" isn't really a choice.

The rabbit hole, of course, is whether this happened organically, or by design. Because if someone planned this divide out, it's a genius idea that works.

cdtm
#Metoo: This is being pushed by powerful men against other powerful men.

Oh, I totally believe the allegations are real. Every single one. But why is this a thing now, and not ten years ago. Or 20 years ago. People were making claims forever, and guess what, the stories got squashed.

And now they're not. IMO, this is in part because of a changing of the guard, with the new power brokers using #Metoo as their weapon of choice.

It's part purge, part punishment against adversaries..

http://money.cnn.com/2017/10/09/media/weinstein-brothers/index.html

Makes sense.

This is about justice for victims. Suuuure it is.

And rebelions in third world nations are fought by heroes, and never butchers being funded by black money from a superpower trying to protect their interests.

MythLord
the moon landing was faked because there is no moon!

Surtur
Originally posted by MythLord
the moon landing was faked because there is no moon!

I enjoy the excuses people used to try to say it's fake. "The flag is moving, but it's space! It's not real!".

Emperordmb
The Earth isn't a sphere, it's shaped like a donut, we've all been lied to.

MythLord
Oxygen is toxic and is slowly killing us with each breath we take!
WE'VE JUST BEEN CONDITIONED TO THINK WE NEED IT TO SURVIVE SO THE PLACEBO EFFECT KICKS IN!

Surtur
I also like people saying FDR let Pearl Harbor happen. It's nonsense.

MythLord
Surt, have you ever considered...
https://i.imgflip.com/jfg79.jpg

Surtur
This article fits here maybe:

A Scandal Trifecta: Immigration, Welfare Fraud and Terrorism

TheVaultDweller
We really are in the Matrix. eek!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simulation_hypothesis

Surtur
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
We really are in the Matrix. eek!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simulation_hypothesis

It gets creepy if you look up "glitch in the matrix" stories on youtube.

Stories like "The moon changed sized right before my eyes" lol.

cdtm
A white student reported a black student to the police, for sleeping in the Yale commons. Sounds outrageous.

The Times has some footage of a meeting between them:

http://www.courant.com/news/connecticut/hc-news-yale-police-black-student-sleeping-20180509-story.html

.......kind of a quiet, almost civil meeting for a deranged lunatic threatening to call the police because "racism".

I'm calling shenanigans. These kids are in cahoots, trying to start a dialog on racism.

cdtm
I believe Fox News is "controlled opposition".

People like Glenn Beck don't even seem real.. I've seen professional wrestling actors with more believable depth then these people.

I'll go one further and say the left side isn't much better.. It's all theater.

Basically, I think this:

iHQRI4V3qho

And Aaron McGruder probably rubbed a lot of elbows in the media, and probably heard some things, so maybe he was giving us a little peek behind the curtain, and dressing it up as satire.

Wonder Man
Abe Lincoln is awarded the genius strategy. Robert Todd Lincoln, William Wallace Lincoln, Tad Lincoln, Edward Baker Lincoln
Also his children deserve all the credit facebook can give He and them as well as to themselves at facebook.

cdtm
http://www.rense.com/general21/hw.htm

Essentially, this goes into the "CIA is behind everything" theories.

From witch hunts against commies, to feminism, to flooding black ghettos with cocaine, to the hippie drug culture.

The thing is, if you look at what the left is now, they HAVE been neutered as a force for economic change. The focus on social politics, race, culture, privilege, etc etc etc.. Missing from the focus is any sort of real movement against the rich in general. Or against class.

Which would be the point, wouldn't it? If you're a rich guy on the right or the left, the last thing you want is your inferiors organizing against you.

What's happened with Occupy Wall Street, by the way? That sure didn't last long, did it.

dadudemon
What's happened with Occupy Wall Street, by the way? That sure didn't last long, did it.

It lasted a long ass time, actually. And the site is still up and updated:

http://occupywallst.org/

Occupiers were there for months.

Surtur
Anyone ever see that Wormwood netflix series. More or less it seems we might..kinda sorta have murdered a scientist who was under the impression his research led to the use of biological weapons during the Korean War. And we drugged him against his will with LSD. In the name of science. Not joking, the government at the very least admits that.

But yeah so they actually captured marines who admitted to doing it.(They being the enemy at the time) Then when they got back to America the government said "nope, they didn't do it, they were tortured into admitting lies".

Yeah, seeing as we've straight up installed dictators in other countries...it's not hard to believe the marines weren't lying when they said they used biological weapons.

cdtm
Seabiscuit was a CIA psyops program. Or at least a betting scam.

A smaller then average horse just happening to win races, and inspire people during the Great Depression?

That has mob scam written all over it, if not psyop.

cdtm
The Marvel SJW pandering is just a cover:

http://fortune.com/2017/01/11/donald-trump-marvel-ceo-ike-perlmutter/

http://www.denofgeek.com/us/movies/marvel/252455/marvel-ceo-gave-money-to-donald-trump-because-of-course-he-did

I bet all the SJW and representation stunts are just a pr stunt to mitigate fallout from political activism on team red.

Seems about how a corporate raider would think. "Well, yes, people who need that drug we placed out of their price range, and that insurance refuses to cover, will surely die.

But we also do a lot of charity work! Let's talk about our toys for tots program."

cdtm
Reviews are a marketing tool.

There's just too many reasons to be suspicious of them. Amazon culling thousands of book reviews, on the basis they were from cloned accounts, or from pr firms. The whole to do about a games writer being fired for giving a critical review of Kane and Lynch, on a site heavily filled with Kane and Lynch advertising banners. And my personal experiences reading a few negative reviews of Steam Indy games, and a dev having the audacity to threaten "Someday, you're gonna make enough money to make you worth suing for this shit!"

Middling reviews likely are the most "objective" ones out there.

BackFire
The review one isn't a conspiracy. It's absolutely true. A lot of companies inflate their scores with fake reviews and ratings on Amazon using various methods.

cdtm
Nintendo are price fixers.

No, their products aren't unusually expensive compared to the competition because "Super Mario Quality". They've been caught for price fixing schemes twice, once in the 1980's/90's, and once in early 2000's. Odds are, they never stopped the practice.

Surtur
What bugs me about this SJW stuff in comics(and not just comics, video games too) is these companies cave to people who do not buy these things. It's why the SJW comic titles didn't do well. It wasn't hardcore comic fines whining and demanding them, it was SJW's. And when you cave to them it DOES NOT make them buy your shit lol. They celebrate it as a victory and move on.

They cannot ever be pleased so caving to them is pointless.

Surtur
My favorite new conspiracy is from the side that constantly mocks conservatives for their conspiracy theories. Now there are theories that Melania is missing lol. She recently tweeted and people are trying to say it was Trump who truly wrote the tweet, etc.

I also love how some are acting like they care about her well being and just wanna know she is safe.

ArtificialGlory
Originally posted by Surtur
What bugs me about this SJW stuff in comics(and not just comics, video games too) is these companies cave to people who do not buy these things. It's why the SJW comic titles didn't do well. It wasn't hardcore comic fines whining and demanding them, it was SJW's. And when you cave to them it DOES NOT make them buy your shit lol. They celebrate it as a victory and move on.
Pretty much this. Listening to those morons is simply bad business.

BackFire
My favorite new conspiracy is from the side that constantly mocks conservatives for their conspiracy theories. Now there are theories that Melania is missing lol. She recently tweeted and people are trying to say it was Trump who truly wrote the tweet, etc.

I also love how some are acting like they care about her well being and just wanna know she is safe.

Melania tried to leave Donald, and to save face he had her kidnapped and she is being held in a basement somewhere until they can effectively brainwash her back into pretending she loves him. You heard it here first.

Robtard
She probably had another facelift, tuck-n-pull job with a couple rounds of Botox and is in hiding until it's all fully healed.

Flyattractor
Hmmm!?

ZOtinTlx7yo

cdtm

They cannot ever be pleased so caving to them is pointless.

What would an sjw boycott even look like?

Taking to twitter telling fellow sjw's not to buy comics they aren't buying?

Surtur
What would an sjw boycott even look like?

Taking to twitter telling fellow sjw's not to buy comics they aren't buying?

They get a bunch of other SJW's who don't read the comics to complain. Then move on to the next thing once they succeed.

Lol and Marvel said they wouldn't cancel the titles. Then began quietly canceling the titles.

Imagine being a Marvel stock holder lol. Actually, some of those people DID get into a shouting match over their gender swapping bullshit.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Robtard
She probably had another facelift, tuck-n-pull job with a couple rounds of Botox and is in hiding until it's all fully healed.

This seems the most likely.

cdtm
People are easily manipulated.

The funny thing is, the "counter culture" groups are just as manipulated as the mainstream. Did you know the 60's revolution started because some guy wrote a book telling kids how their parents were screwing them over? If not for that book, and the capitalizing on it by various lecturers and such, there may have been no hippie movement.

The "conspiracy" part, is I think this is our nature. Masses are made to be exploited. Large groups = herd behavior, to be manipulated by whoever can fill the power vaccume.

And it's telling that in cases of an unfilled vaccume, you get an angry herd. You can see this in third world nations who lack a central authority, or any kind of authority.

So, bottom line, we can't really group think on any rational level. All the thinking, for good or ill, happens from a few people, with the rest blindly following along.

Human resources, indeed.

Oh, and the other part of the conspiracy theory: Western culture is, by and large, being exploited by psychopaths. I'm talking murderous thugs here.. The type who would fit into organized crime.

cdtm
I think retail places have a lot of "fake shoppers".

Not mystery shoppers, just people there to make it seem more crowded then it really is.

I also think there's some version that buys things to cook the books, or make their sales look better then they are. Or maybe a money laundering thing.

This one night, at a 24/7 shop, around 2 in the morning I ran in to get a few items. A lady was the only one in line, with so much stuff piled high it looked like a dumpster. The thing was creaking. At least a thousand dollars worth, I kid you not.

The porky, unkept woman didn't look rich, either, so it's not likely a "rich eccentric shoreline" thing.

Patient_Leech
Isn't there already an entire forum for this very subject?

cdtm
What forum is that, that no one probably visits?

cdtm
I think white privilege and race rhetoric is a distraction.

Are there racist people? Yes.

Is there a history of racist policy?. Absolutely.

Is Jim Bob the Neo Nazi responsible for the condition of black ghetto's?

No.

The public servants who allow blight are. The land owners, apartment renters, business owners, and government institutions who neglect or exploit the area are. The people who shoot racist films and tv are. And the same people who constantly promote racial divides in the media are. None are Jim Bob the Neo Nazi.

White supremecists do exist, and they are used to channel anger away from the people who are actively screwing over poor minoritiee.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Isn't there already an entire forum for this very subject?

What forum is that, that no one probably visits?

Probably just some Thread that a Mod Just Created and pasted it up in one of the No One Ever Goes There Forums.

That seems to happen now.

Surtur

MythLord
The Christian Baker... is gay! And, in order to hide the fact that his wife has a big balogne underneath that dress, he refuses to address other gays!

He's also a friggin Neo-Nazi because he waves, apparently.

Surtur
Originally posted by MythLord
The Christian Baker... is gay! And, in order to hide the fact that his wife has a big balogne underneath that dress, he refuses to address other gays!

He's also a friggin Neo-Nazi because he waves, apparently.

One day he baked 8 cakes. Another day he also baked 8.

!!!!!!

Nazi!!!!!!!

Surtur
Mythlord
Star-Lord

Both have 8 letters. 88. Why didn't you tell me you were also a nazi?

cdtm
It wasn't a weather balloon.

The "reverand" that was was called in for spiritual support, is probably a government operative.

If you think about it, a lot of religious leaders probably have "company" ties. What better way to gather intel, where they tell you all their "sins"?

MythLord
Why didn't you tell me you were also a nazi?
Why would I? You wanna join forces against the gays?

cdtm
Starting to think the Evergreen "takeover" might be gang related.

A shot in the dark, but it would explain a lot of things, like why the president told campus safety to stand down, yet asked for state police support. Or why he seemed fearful of his life enough to sit back down, when he tried to go to the bathroom.

And of course, looking at Starbucks, you can't say "The crips have taken over" at a heavily black school. Not without proof, and even then..

Wonder Man
Actually I'm the one who gets what he wants in life.
As far as conspiracy goes the only thing hidden is who is killing who.

cdtm
That, and there's proof the goverment experiments on the general public.

That isn't a conspiracy, since it's proven. What is, is what we haven't been told, or what they're doing now.

Also, I'm pretty sure I was fed lsd in one of the proven experiments. It was for a disability (A common one. Think add stuff) to calm me as they gave me scans, and it ended up making me hallucinate like you wouldn't believe.

Funny thing is, I can clearly remember every single hallucination, and my state of mind at the time, and the reactions of people around me.

cdtm
I think content producers make "flawed releases" on purpose.

Say if we're talking about emulated Genesis games. Sonic Mega Collection for the PS2/Xbox/Gamecube is known for "emulation errors", like sound being a little bit off, or some lag at certain spots.

The next iteration "fixes" these bugs. Then it adds a few more. Which get "fixed" on the next one, and so on and so forth.

And those "perfect" packages that only have four games on them, and cost 15-30 dollars? They're in on that, too.

So spend big on small amounts of flawless emulation, or keep spending smaller amounts for old rope and minor fixes each pass.

Nowhere is there a version of these things that is both affordable AND perfect, which you'd think would be a good way to undercut the competition with a "We do it good AND cheap", but no one's doing that. Must be a reason, outside of profit margins (Like conspiring to lock in a market, as happens all the time..)

Jmanghan

And Zuckerberg just happens to have sole control of the biggest spy network on the planet. The Feds only have to go through one Guy, instead of dealing with a group, which is convienent. There's an ENTIRE... FORUM FOR THIS.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f70/

cdtm
Those stupidly high prices for obviously bad art (A completely black background and a small line down the side is fine art? How stupid do they think we are?) is probably due to some kind of scam. Maybe there or four rich guys in on it, bidding it up to get a rich sucker on board and make a 100m+ bid.

Surtur
Russian collusion still tops out as one of the more wacky conspiracy theories smile

cdtm
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Business_Plot#1933

This is interesting. In the 1930's, a twice decorated General claimed he was approached by a cabal of industrialists to lead a military coup against Franklin Roosevelt, because his progressive policies were scaring them.

This man had an impeccable record, and should have been credible on the basis of his history of service alone, even if he didn't have actual proof (Which he did). And yet, everyone treated it like a hoax. The New York Times was among the first to ridicule him over it.

Funny how the entire media united against an anti capitalist who voted for FDR. So much for the "liberal media", because this guy sounds like a liberal.

cdtm
Class Action lawsuits are a scam.

You get 88 dollars, while the legal teams take a five billion dollar cut. I don't doubt the judges get a nice kickback, too. How else to explain why so many judges enable these ridiculous multi-billion dollar payout schemes?

Wonder Man
I feel the Virgin Birth proves there is no conspiracy
Just my opinion

ArtificialGlory
Originally posted by Wonder Man
I feel the Virgin Birth proves there is no conspiracy
Just my opinion
I agree. No woman would lie about such a thing.

ArtificialGlory

Emperordmb
Capitalism is a liberal value though lol

cdtm
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Capitalism is a liberal value though lol

What does that say about the Times true values? Hmmmmm..

Another very, VERY interesting thing, is Butler claiming he was a glorfied thug for big business.

If it was true then, what about now?

cdtm
Here's Butlers quotes:

cdtm
And now CBS CEO allegations, as CBS stock plummets.

I don't understand any of this. I mean, I "get" that companies are scrambling to cover their asses, and it's not the law costing jobs so much as the fear that they "might" be founded, and how it would look if they didn't take immediate action, but... Whatever happened to "slander/libel"? It used to be, if you claimed someone wiped their ass in the stall without proof, they'd sue you for defamation. So why aren't the accused fighting back with lawsuits, as they have for decades?

Unless the proof exists in every single case, and these people are being blackmailed? I suppose it's possible, but that's a conspiracy in and of itself.. Who would have access to proof of every single celebrity and high powered persons sexual misconducts?

cdtm
https://www.nycbar.org/get-legal-help/article/personal-injury-and-accidents/false-accusations/

Well, that could be one explanation. Can't sue for defamation, if you defame yourself first.

Lord knows many of these people have compromised characters.

cdtm
Cryptocurrency was created to facilitate money laundering.

Almost all the high end investing/trading is done by organized crime
and governments.

Surtur
I've seen some on the left pushing a theory that Michael Cohen's lawyer is now walking back his claims that Cohen was going to testify that Trump knew about the Trump Tower meeting because Trump had people threaten him lol.

BackFire
Jared threatened to send him nudes if he didn't walk it back.

cdtm
From the uploader and maker of the plastic gun, and untraceable "ghost guns"...

Criticizing legislators for not closing off loopholes he's exploiting. Isn't that interesting.

Is he a second amendment and guns rights enthusiast? Or is he pulling a stunt to give congress a clue, and get tighter gun regulations?

cdtm
I suspect many, many businesses are either fronts for laundering and other activities.

This is based on learning how, once upon a time, a guy from New York, in a suit, with a ton of money bought just about every small business in town. The old timers talk about it all the time, how they really didn't want to sell yet, asked for some ridiculous amount, dragged their feet any way they can, and they were just offered too much to not take it. Of course, they all assume he was a "wise guy" representative.

Could also have been a Wall Street or big business success story with deep pockets buying the small timers out, I guess. Just because a guys rich doesn't mean they're a gangster..

cdtm
Michael Hastings was murdered.

He was just about the release a major expose, outing a heavy hitter in the "company", and his car picks that point to malfunction?

It was hacked. People have murdered for less, and this would have ruined careers, exposed a lot of corruption.

Flyattractor
I am sure the Clintons had NOTHING to do with it.

cdtm
All those awesome popup/ad blockers?

Bet they're all selling data. Every single one.

Flyattractor
Do you wear the same level of Aluminum Foil Hat as Alex Jones CD?

jinXed by JaNx

Or to inspire Chuck Berry 😉

cdtm
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Do you wear the same level of Aluminum Foil Hat as Alex Jones CD?

What brand do you recommend?

Stuff itch's.

cdtm
The "national conversation" is a fraud. Collision between big media, government, education, ect ect.

This includes key "operatives" on both "sides". "Rabble rousers", or "actors".

The general public is duped into believing the only talking points are the ones they hear about every day. No one ever asks what ISN'T being discussed. (Ever hear about pro life liberals? They do exist. No one ever talks about them.

Pro choice conservatives also exist. You never hear about them.)

cdtm
If aliens came down and gave us a utopia where all needs were met, all problems solved, and money having no value due to nothing anyone anywhere needs or wants, I believe there would be a lot of unhappy people.

Because some humans need to dominate other humans. With no way to do this, you'd end up with many frustrated "wanna he's", who fancied themselves as masters of the universe..

cdtm
A guy in CNN said something like:

"I know it's common practice to pick from insiders, but the government shouldn't be run like a crime family.

.....poor choice of words."

Chuckled. because I'm highly suspicious that our government is, in fact, run by crime families. I mean, think about it, they infiltrated the unions because of the money potential. Why not the government? They have the funding, they have a support structure, and anyone can run.

If I was a crime boss, I'd try and invest in politics.

cdtm
You know all those data hacks?

How hard would it be to commit fraud, and blame it on hackers? They own the info, they could "hack" themselves and sell the info for easy money.

You may say "But that's crazy. They're undermining their own business."

Oh yeah, how? Who has a choice on using one of the three big credit rating companies? You use credit, they have your data, and everyone uses credit.

Flyattractor
Kind of like how when certain KMC posters get banned for stuff they didn't do?

Gotchya!

Putinbot1
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Kind of like how when certain KMC posters get banned for stuff they didn't do?

Gotchya! Butthurt much?

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Putinbot1
Butthurt much?

Yes. I would say you quite are.

cdtm
Seeing this Outlaw Bikers show, where they talk about feds busting motocycle gangs like the Hells Angels.

You know, it wouldn't surprise me if at least some of these gangs were set up. They spend MILLIONS on these stings, the incentive to get results is pretty strong.

cdtm
Little something I noticed with video games.

I'm a big old school shooter fan, in the vein of games like Contra or R-type. A friend ended up giving me a disk called Metal Slug Anthology, which is essentially Contra for the Neo-Geo. It had 1 through 6 on it, which was virtually every single game that was ever released in the arcade. Before playing, I read up on it. Input lag, they say. Half second delay on the games. Unplayable, they say.

I tested it, and thought I didn't detect any lag. But then, maybe I did. A half second, right? If you're looking for it, it's really easy to convince yourself it's there. Even if it isn't.

Getting to the point of my ramble, I've tried the original versions. There's no damned input lag. Not only that, the ports play smoother then the originals. Dare I say it, BETTER.

So what was up with all the negativity? I have a theory.. Metal Slug Anthology is an inexpensive way to get EVERY SINGLE GAME on ONE disk. For 20 dollars, I get it all. There are also many, many individual ports of each game. Most of them cost nearly as much as this entire set.

So why would I get the individual games? I wouldn't.

So what do you do if you're trying to sell new money for old rope, on the same system this package exists on? You suggest there's a half second of input lag.

In addition, there's collectors who paid 200 dollars per cart. They want to sell the authentic experience, so I'm sure they're in there running this package down. The fact is, there's simply too much incentive to make consumers doubt this inexpensive, complete set, so I wouldn't put it past people to spread doubt about the cheapest game in town.

This also happens with just about every one stop shop compilation. Why get all four Phantasy Star games on the Sega Genesis Collection, when you can get the superior Phantasy Star Collection, that happens to be much more expensive? Why get Streets of Rage on the same set, when there's the far better Streets of Rage collection on the Xbox 360?

Maybe I'm wrong, but it's just funny how anything that's affordable for the consumer happens to be the one everyone recommends you stay away from, vs a much more expensive "better" alternative. I don't think I've ever seen someone say "You don't need to spend 200 dollars here! Get the 5 dollar Steam bundle. Save some money. Better yet, spend 2 dollars on the PS3 set. It has a few trivial glitch's, but you won't notice it, and it sure isn't worth 100 dollars."

dadudemon
Little something I noticed with video games.

I'm a big old school shooter fan, in the vein of games like Contra or R-type. A friend ended up giving me a disk called Metal Slug Anthology, which is essentially Contra for the Neo-Geo. It had 1 through 6 on it, which was virtually every single game that was ever released in the arcade. Before playing, I read up on it. Input lag, they say. Half second delay on the games. Unplayable, they say.

I tested it, and thought I didn't detect any lag. But then, maybe I did. A half second, right? If you're looking for it, it's really easy to convince yourself it's there. Even if it isn't.

Getting to the point of my ramble, I've tried the original versions. There's no damned input lag. Not only that, the ports play smoother then the originals. Dare I say it, BETTER.

So what was up with all the negativity? I have a theory.. Metal Slug Anthology is an inexpensive way to get EVERY SINGLE GAME on ONE disk. For 20 dollars, I get it all. There are also many, many individual ports of each game. Most of them cost nearly as much as this entire set.

So why would I get the individual games? I wouldn't.

So what do you do if you're trying to sell new money for old rope, on the same system this package exists on? You suggest there's a half second of input lag.

In addition, there's collectors who paid 200 dollars per cart. They want to sell the authentic experience, so I'm sure they're in there running this package down. The fact is, there's simply too much incentive to make consumers doubt this inexpensive, complete set, so I wouldn't put it past people to spread doubt about the cheapest game in town.

This also happens with just about every one stop shop compilation. Why get all four Phantasy Star games on the Sega Genesis Collection, when you can get the superior Phantasy Star Collection, that happens to be much more expensive? Why get Streets of Rage on the same set, when there's the far better Streets of Rage collection on the Xbox 360?

Maybe I'm wrong, but it's just funny how anything that's affordable for the consumer happens to be the one everyone recommends you stay away from, vs a much more expensive "better" alternative. I don't think I've ever seen someone say "You don't need to spend 200 dollars here! Get the 5 dollar Steam bundle. Save some money. Better yet, spend 2 dollars on the PS3 set. It has a few trivial glitch's, but you won't notice it, and it sure isn't worth 100 dollars."

All the time on Amazon reviews, people state exactly what you said they don't: don't waste your money on this expensive thing. Buy this less expensive thing that does the same thing.

cdtm
All the time on Amazon reviews, people state exactly what you said they don't: don't waste your money on this expensive thing. Buy this less expensive thing that does the same thing.

And they claimed Amazon reviews are fake.

That's good to hear. My experiences are mainly from specialty forums, catoring to a certain kind of gamer.

cdtm
Behind most successful high amount lawsuits, is a judge getting a kickback.

Thinking about it, being the right judge would be such an easy money making scheme. Lawsuits can run for MILLIONS. The incentive for bribing is tremendous.

And how easy would it be to prove? Yeah, sometimes they get caught up in a sting, but so do music pirates. But how often does it really happen? If you're a judge who's decision hinged on a major payout, and you were offered a cut, and was 99.9% certain no one would ever know, wouldn't you take it?

cdtm
Some people shop to make themselves feel good, for whatever reason. You have a bad day, you treat yourself to something nice.

Divisive politics makes EVERYONE have a bad day.

What if that's part of the point. Flood as much toxicity out there as you can, and maybe enough people get triggered, that they treat themselves to something nice later. Essentially, they're triggering people into shopping more.

A lot of these same news organizations are owned by parents that sell products and services, so why not?

Surtur
Mattress Firm.

cdtm
Money does NOT lead to happiness.

Just look at any rich guy. Their personal life is often a mess.

cdtm
Gamer gate is a lynch mob.

Meetoo is a lynch mob.

What if the same people are behind both? What IF the outrage factory is nothing more then the same people playing both sides for the lulz?

Putinbot1

Meetoo is a lynch mob.

What if the same people are behind both? What IF the outrage factory is nothing more then the same people playing both sides for the lulz? I think people with different agenda's attempt to play all of us, these silly simplistic phrases that get bandied about by people with no life experience like get woke go broke, what have they actually seen to get them woke? Or have all they've done listen to someone on the web or have one bad experience. Usually they talking about something they have never seen and know nothing of. Metoo tapped into a fear women have of exploitation where, many men are indeed exploiting there positions. Gamer Gate tapped into Men not wanting women in a world they saw as there's. Their's a reason women avoid message boards, they are usually locker rooms for geeks, in a sports locker room guys joke about women they know and what to bang, on message boards people with far more insecurities who have no stake in the world and have often achieved nothing try and give serious meaning to themselves to things that entertain them or upset them. Whilst impotently squawking and trying to impose a hierarchy on each other, because they have no stake in anything real. It's escapist and it's taken far to seriously by everyone.

cdtm
For consumer goods, you have two options:

1. Mass market junk. Say, jeans off the Walmart rack.

2. Better quality expensive junk.

What you don't get, is quality and affordable. It just doesn't happen.

Which is kind of odd. You'd think someone would say "Hey, I bet I can build a better mouse trap, and make it more affordable then the competition. We'll clean up."

Of course, I realize in many cases the big chains purposely take a loss to lower their prices, but there are laws against big business lowering prices so much the smaller business can't compete. So at the least, the smaller business owner "should" be able to compete price wise, while churning out a better product. (Naturally, Wal-Mart would respond by upping their quality. This is good for consumers.)

The fact that never really happens points to "anti-competitive business policies/practices" on some level.

dadudemon
For consumer goods, you have two options:

1. Mass market junk. Say, jeans off the Walmart rack.

2. Better quality expensive junk.

What you don't get, is quality and affordable. It just doesn't happen.

Which is kind of odd. You'd think someone would say "Hey, I bet I can build a better mouse trap, and make it more affordable then the competition. We'll clean up."

Of course, I realize in many cases the big chains purposely take a loss to lower their prices, but there are laws against big business lowering prices so much the smaller business can't compete. So at the least, the smaller business owner "should" be able to compete price wise, while churning out a better product. (Naturally, Wal-Mart would respond by upping their quality. This is good for consumers.)

The fact that never really happens points to "anti-competitive business policies/practices" on some level.

Sometimes, there are the super quality things. Costs are all over. Usually costs are between ultra small and ultra high.

I can tell you the best shirts for working (business to business casual) are the ones from Express. Very high quality, usually. But absurdly expensive. I wait until they have 50% off sales (with other discounts like an additional 20% off) and buy 5-6 at a time. Everyone 2-3 years. Because I'm not paying $150 for a shirt. That's ridiculous.

And for pants, you have to get those tailored. Some very nice jeans out there. And slacks. Tailored all the way, though.

But for the most part, it's what you describe. And its ridiculous. I hate the idea of buying clothes for a logo and paying 10x the amount for it. I buy almost all my gym clothes from Walmart. They fit fine and have just as much quality as the 10x crap from Mall stores or "name brand" retailers.

cdtm
You know how everyone is insta-fired for allegations.

You don't suppose some employers would concoct false allegations to cover their rear in a potential "wrongful termination" lawsuit?

"Oh, no. It had nothing to do with the race/gender/religion/age of the accused. It's all about the sexual harassment."

A company doesn't need any real reason to fire you, but that might hedge their bets, in case someone falls into one of the protected categories. (Which most do these days.)

Surtur

Meetoo is a lynch mob.

What if the same people are behind both? What IF the outrage factory is nothing more then the same people playing both sides for the lulz?

IMO it's fair to say there are people involved in both movements who aren't bad. And yes there are also lynch mobs from the same groups.

I think MeToo is more damaging. You read articles about how men in the business world are distancing themselves from women. Not choosing to mentor them, not inviting them to after hours activities.

And the response is usually "just don't sexually harass" but it's not that simple since sometimes there are false accusations and some men just don't think it's worth the risk even if it's rare.

cdtm
FrameGameRadio vanished off the face of the planet.

He's like Ben Shapiro if he went off the deep end. All he did was talk about how bad jews were, and how they were organized, and used social justice to get money.

He claims he can say that, because he's a jewish lawyer.

So he made a lot of three hour videos, and then just vanished overnight. Not a word about why, or where he is (Some random mentioned something about a book).

Wonder if he went into hiding, or if something terrible happened to the guy, as a result of his videos..

Deadline
The MeToo movemnet is all about pretending to do something about rape while not actually doing anything about it. Instead of focusing on the people who are responsible you confuse the issue and you also make people fed up with it and want people to stop talking about it.

Also it's a conspiracy that people who talk about conspiracies are seen as crazy. That's actually because a lot of conspiracies do happen so if you make it seem negative to talk about these thing it's easier for people to get away with it.

cdtm
When Tron Legacy was in development, there was speculation it would only appeal to men, which was seen as something that can hurt the box office.

No one ever says a movie that appeals to women, would hurt the box office.

But of course. Men will tolerate bad movies their significant other like. Therefore, the surest way to net both genders, is to make sure you appeal to the "better half".

Surtur
FrameGameRadio vanished off the face of the planet.

He's like Ben Shapiro if he went off the deep end. All he did was talk about how bad jews were, and how they were organized, and used social justice to get money.

He claims he can say that, because he's a jewish lawyer.

So he made a lot of three hour videos, and then just vanished overnight. Not a word about why, or where he is (Some random mentioned something about a book).

Wonder if he went into hiding, or if something terrible happened to the guy, as a result of his videos..

Did he vanish or did he just have a gender change and become a congresswoman?

Lestov16
The truest conspiracy of them all:
f4mb6gzu60U&t=83s

dadudemon
Money does NOT lead to happiness.

Just look at any rich guy. Their personal life is often a mess.

Actually, it does bring you happiness but after 150k a year, it had diminishing returns.

At the super ultra rich level, though, it takes a look to maintain those empires. Very stressful. And you have to have OCD.

ratscalion
such cuck pieces of shit

Surtur
Actually, it does bring you happiness but after 150k a year, it had diminishing returns.

At the super ultra rich level, though, it takes a look to maintain those empires. Very stressful. And you have to have OCD.

The statement money can't buy happiness always struck me as silly. Imagine having a child who is very sick and needs a costly life saving surgery.

If the child's parents were given the money, isn't that money buying happiness?

At the same time, you could have a rich couple whose sick child is beyond our help.

So it depends on the status and situation of the person. If you're someone who isn't rich, yes...if you somehow become rich that will buy happiness. It won't last forever, but people will be happy to pay off bills and move into a better home, etc. Once they are settled in yes it is true being rich won't be the only thing keeping them happy, but it will allow them to pursue whatever goals in life they want...with very little restriction.

If they want to travel they can go mostly anywhere, if there is a fancy school they wanna attend they can now afford it. They can send their kids to the best schools, etc. There is also the peace of mind that comes with never having to worry about money again. People who have been rich their entire lives will never have that, those that didn't start out rich will have it.

Nibedicus
In truth, money buys us choice. The more money, the more choice. Choices such as pursuing what makes us happy.

However, the cost of getting said money may also limit our choices.

And the problem with choice is that we don't always make the right ones.

cdtm
Originally posted by Lestov16
The truest conspiracy of them all:
f4mb6gzu60U&t=83s

Quoted for truth.

cdtm
Most of the stuff on Amazon and ebay is owned by the same small group of people.

It works like this: Retro gaming becomes popular. These guys probably already cornered the market by buying everyone cheap, before the boom. Then they make lots of socks accounts, or sell through various middle men, to make.it LOOK like there's a competitive market, when they ARE the market.

I mean, why not? Corporations spend billions as an investment, so why not just invest in owning one or two markets in total (Or more). In the hopes it pays off, and you recoup 4,000%.

cdtm
Every government in the first world is a conglomerate of organized crime families.

Some of the "active shooter" incidents are not random acts at all. They're targeted hits, as part of a turf war.

cdtm
George Carlin was never really offensive.

Listen to what he actually says, it's just common sense wisdom laced with swear words.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.