Darth Sidious (RotJ) vs. SoR Revan (Sabers)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Geistalt
Who wins?

DarthAnt66
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/6CavQm_LbZs/hqdefault.jpg

Freedon Nadd
Ant cannot compute.

He is forced to choose between the feat-y way or the accolade-ic way.

Azronger
Originally posted by DarthAnt66

JKBart
prolly revan

Ursumeles
Lightsabers can't hurt Revan smile

Freedon Nadd
This is an attempt on Geistalt's part to settle Palp as the greatest swordsmen in history per some in-universe sources.

Geistalt
Not the greatest. That would be Luke.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ

Freedon Nadd
Originally posted by Geistalt
Not the greatest. That would be Luke.

That shit again?

darthbane77
Not sure, Sidious' saber skills seemed to have diminished since ROTS, and his age isn't exactly a boon to him either. On the flip side though, Sidious augmentation is still likely to be vastly greater than Revan's.

I'd probably give it to Sidious, more often than not.

Azronger
Originally posted by darthbane77
Sidious' saber skills seemed to have diminished since ROTS

That would be a strong nope.

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11129/111291526/6259210-5373043804-151754933277678678

darthbane77
Originally posted by Azronger
That would be a strong nope.

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11129/111291526/6259210-5373043804-151754933277678678 Cool, cool.

Freedon Nadd
Losing in Dark Empire proves the opposite. laughing out loud

Azronger, apparently, hasn't learned how to make the difference between in-universe interpretations(handbooks, sourcebooks) and objective statements(books)

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by Ursumeles

AncientPower
Originally posted by Ursumeles

I can't help but laugh at how this is literally true. I mean technically he's Sion with far greater durability but also with one of the greatest wills in the mythos and some utterly immense healing prowess. He's pretty much immortal in all senses of the word.

ILS
Even assuming Revan is totally immune to decapitation, why can't Sidious just use immense strength and speed edges to beat Revan into a coma? Talking about a guy who can hold off Savage Opress one handed for fun and make Maul perceive countless lightsabers, and that's apparently before he grows even more powerful in RotJ.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by AncientPower
I can't help but laugh at how this is literally true. I mean technically he's Sion with far greater durability but also with one of the greatest wills in the mythos and some utterly immense healing prowess. He's pretty much immortal in all senses of the word.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svHmIukFFJ0

AncientPower
If we want to play augmentation feat scaling, it'll become mindless drivel. Both TOR and PT have mid-tiers with insane MFTL perception feats and all that crap. I seriously doubt any such gap exists between a pair of utter powerhouses like these two.

AncientPower
https://imgur.com/AIxCtTl.gif

LMFAO. I'm done. You've won the forum.

ILS
Revan doesn't have any feats or scaling to suggest he could essentially blitz Maul.

AncientPower
We've got the fact he scales laughably from the likes of Leneer and Satele and essentially every ****er in the entire TOR era, except for like Vaylin, Valk and Outlander.

ILS
We do? Pretty sure I just saw Satele caving off a piece of Revan's head, sans his uber immortality. There can't be that much of a difference in their speed.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by ILS
We do? Pretty sure I just saw Satele caving off a piece of Revan's head, sans his uber immortality. There can't be that much of a difference in their speed.

Revan was fast enough to fight the Hero of Tython (above Shan), Darth Marr (equal to Shan), Satele Shan, Lana Beniko, and an assload of gunslingers with grenades, blasters, rockets, etc. simultaneously. Even if you don't recognize the game-mechanics, it's apparent in the dialogue files:

"He is strong with the Force! . . . I will see you break! . . . It is over for you, Revan!"
Source: Darth Marr, Star Wars The Old Republic - Shadow of Revan

"Grant me strength! . . . Revan, don't be a fool! . . . Press the attack!"
Source: Satele Shan, Star Wars The Old Republic - Shadow of Revan

"The Force is my servant! . . . Be strong! . . . So much power!"
Source: Lana Beniko, Star Wars The Old Republic - Shadow of Revan

"Tough sucker! . . . Have some more! . . . Love a good scrap!"
Source: Shae Vizla , Star Wars The Old Republic - Shadow of Revan

"Don't let up! . . . I won't let you win, Revan! . . . Let's go, people!"
Source: Theron Shan, Star Wars The Old Republic - Shadow of Revan

"Make him bleed! . . . Get him, Jakarro! . . . Hit him with everything!"
Source: C2-D4, Star Wars The Old Republic - Shadow of Revan

-- that's even despite The Old Republic having non-Force sensitives always move as fast as Force users.

DarthAnt66
(That's not to say he can speedblitz Maul, which he can't. I'm just addressing the idea Shan and Revan are equal speed.)

ILS
@Ant: Sounds like you want to have your cake and eat it. No can do I'm afraid.

Revan doesn't need to be capable of wtfblitzing Satele in order to put up a fight against that team, especially given his vaunted durability, Force power, teleportation etc. And since we are using a gameplay snippet from a trailer as canon evidence, then Satele successfully cut Revan's face in a one versus one fight.

Sidious rekts. But we all know that.

ILS
(That's not to say he can speedblitz Maul, which he can't. I'm just addressing the idea Shan and Revan are equal speed.) Well I'm certainly glad you agree.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by ILS
Revan doesn't need to be capable of wtfblitzing Satele in order to put up a fight against that team.
When on Earth did I claim that, lmfao?

I just claimed Revan's obviously faster, unless you think Revan's Force powers alone purely compensate for constant barrages of Jedi Temple walkway-destroying missiles, XS stock light freighter fire, grenades, other explosives, blaster fire, Force lightning, etc., while also dueling the others.

ILS
When on Earth did I claim that, lmfao?

I just claimed Revan's obviously faster, unless you think Revan's Force powers alone purely compensate for constant barrages of missiles that destroy Jedi Temple walkways, aerial fire from smuggler ships, tons of grenades, explosives, blaster-fire, Force lightning, etc. I said "there can't be that much (speedblitz) of a difference in speed," and you directly replied to the point with evidence. What exactly did you want to get across?

Anyway, you're the one that posted a gif of Satele having Revan dead to rights.

DarthAnt66
Your post never suggested "that much" meant "speedblitz," lawl.

Revan's not really obligated to defend that attack if he can block it anyway. Similar to Darth Bane with orbalisks, it's reasonable to assume Revan's going to devote his powers to other traits, focus on more pressing priorities, and perhaps conserve his power given the other opponents on the battlefield. If this is KotOR / Reborn Revan, it's fair to assume his Star Forge Malak-crushing powers will guide him to blocking that strike.

ILS
Yes it did, because that's the point AP was trying to prove and the one directly replied to. erm

DarthAnt66
I interpreted AP's posts different than you, then. wink

ILS
Originally posted by ILS
Revan doesn't have any feats or scaling to suggest he could essentially blitz Maul. Originally posted by AncientPower
We've got

You can stop whenever you feel like it. smile

DarthAnt66
I took that as an unrelated point backing his previous point, rather than in direct response to your point, tbh.

Try me. smile

ILS
Open concession to Sheev. I suppose it will have to do. evil face

DarthAnt66
Was that another point unrelated to the previous point? smile

ILS
While that would follow the precedent set by you and AP, Sheev can be considered relevant in all discussions, seeing as his majesty is woven into the very essence of Star Wars and dare I say it, KMC itself. smile

Azronger
Originally posted by ILS
Open concession to Sheev. I suppose it will have to do. evil face

Originally posted by ILS
Sheev can be considered relevant in all discussions, seeing as his majesty is woven into the very essence of Star Wars and dare I say it, KMC itself. smile

I love you right now.

Freedon Nadd
Meh. Why cannot Revan blitz Maul? Is it because of that 'camera' feat?

AncientPower
Originally posted by ILS

Except there can be and is. Revan's on the defensive here, not the offensive. He's concerned with far more than Satele.

But this is all very far from the point. Sheev's absolutely not winning via augmentation here.

Freedon Nadd
That's because they think Palp>Revan.

The Ellimist
lmfao

Sidious in 5 seconds

RealistRacism
Freedon Nadd's the greatest debater in history.

victreebelvictr

RealistRacism
Are you doubting his unparalleled ability to copy/paste out of context Nai arguments from decades ago ?

Vitiate
lmao

victreebelvictr
Actually no...

He was strangely skilled at that.

RealistRacism
Is Nadd's sig ironic? Is he in on the joke?

Or does he genuinely believe AP loves him?

victreebelvictr

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.