Hulk vs. Superman: Pure h2h fight.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FrothByte
Superman is not allowed superspeed, flight, heat vision or frost breath.
Both Superman and Hulk are allowed to powerjump. Contest is limited to pure h2h attacks only. Fight takes place in an open field. Who wins?

steverules_2
Not Hulk

Rage.Of.Olympus
Split. It would be Superman vs Doomsday all over again imo. Just by the nature of these characters, if this were to happen, I'd put my money on the Hulk though.

steverules_2
I doubt it, Thanos beat Hulk w/o the power gem and thanos w/o the IG would definitely lose to Supes H2H

FrothByte
Originally posted by steverules_2
I doubt it, Thanos beat Hulk w/o the power gem and thanos w/o the IG would definitely lose to Supes H2H

Just remember this is Superman w/o superspeed, flight, or ranged abilities.

steverules_2
Originally posted by FrothByte
Just remember this is Superman w/o superspeed, flight, or ranged abilities.

The things Thanos has none of and beat the hulk

playa1258
Superman

FrothByte
Originally posted by steverules_2
The things Thanos has none of and beat the hulk

Correct but Thanos showed a lot more h2h skill than Superman has...

steverules_2
And superman has shown more h2h skill than Hulk, he doesn't really have any skills other than hitting things really hard, superman wins this. Hulk was pummelling Thor in Ragnarok to no effect other than making Thor digivolve into durecell Thor.

Impediment
Superman utterly shit stomps.

quanchi112

NemeBro
Superman is much stronger and more durable, as well as a better fighter (it's not often you hear that one lmao).

Hulk's reach is much higher, but it won't really matter. Superman can palm Hulk's punches and every punch he throws will break bones, at the least.

quanchi112

h1a8
Since Superman is a lot stronger than Thanos then he would ko Hulk even quicker.

Only the Bana version of Hulk gets significantly stronger as he gets madder.
This Hulk becomes a coward and hides.

Based off the Zod fight, I'm not sure if Hulk can damage Superman.

quanchi112

h1a8
Feats are greater.

quanchi112
Originally posted by h1a8
Feats are greater. What feats?

h1a8
Originally posted by quanchi112
What feats?
The feats when Superman fought Zod. The distance they hit each other, the destruction of buildings (supporting beams), etc.

Nothing Thanos did strength wise tops those feats.
Also Hulk has no strength feats that is beyond the stuff Superman tanked without damage.

quanchi112

FrothByte
To be fair, Superman is as much a brawler as Hulk and has no striking feat to match the leviathan punch.

The Spectre+
Based on JL movie supes takes this 9.9/10. And for those who say superman is not skilled, show us a fight in which hulk displayed good h2h fighting skills.

Silent Master
What does the Hulk have to do with whether or not Superman is a skilled fighter?

The Spectre+
Originally posted by Silent Master
What does the Hulk have to do with whether or not Superman is a skilled fighter?

Bcos some have made the claim that since supes aint skilled he's gonna lose. so show instances where hulk fights with skill.

Silent Master
Originally posted by The Spectre+
Bcos some have made the claim that since supes aint skilled he's gonna lose. so show instances where hulk fights with skill.

Saying that Superman loses due to his lack of skill is not the same as saying the Hulk is skilled. you would be better served asking why Superman's obvious lack of skill would tip the fight in Hulk's favor. instead of trying to strawmen people.

quanchi112

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by NemeBro
Superman is much stronger and more durable, as well as a better fighter (it's not often you hear that one lmao).

Hulk's reach is much higher, but it won't really matter. Superman can palm Hulk's punches and every punch he throws will break bones, at the least.

Why is Superman much stronger and more durable?

Explain, the reasoning behind these statements.

Adam Grimes
Superman is more durable because he tanked far greater damage than MCU has, by far.

And I don't know if he's stronger but with his strength + speed, Superman punches should hit phucking hard.

The Spectre+
you see, therein lies the danger for hulk > he faced a thor who you can say is skill based(and still lost/did not win). But this time he will face someone who's ready to trade blow for blow. And we know(at least i know) supes punches are stronger,and can grow stronger.

Yes,brawling is what hulk knows how to do best but when you face a better brawler, (by feats) you got to lose.

FrothByte
Originally posted by Adam Grimes
Superman is more durable because he tanked far greater damage than MCU has, by far.

And I don't know if he's stronger but with his strength + speed, Superman punches should hit phucking hard.

He doesn't have superspeed here.

FrothByte
you see, therein lies the danger for hulk > he faced a thor who you can say is skill based(and still lost/did not win). But this time he will face someone who's ready to trade blow for blow. And we know(at least i know) supes punches are stronger,and can grow stronger.

Yes,brawling is what hulk knows how to do best but when you face a better brawler, (by feats) you got to lose.

I'm curious what makes you say Superman hits harder? He doesn't have any striking feat to compare to the leviathan punch or even the Surtur smash.

The Spectre+
I'm curious what makes you say Superman hits harder? He doesn't have any striking feat to compare to the leviathan punch or even the Surtur smash.

His headbutt made diana smash the ground, imagine how strong his fists would be.+ he was able to stop two uniting motherboxes(which individualy have planetary power).

FrothByte
His headbutt made diana smash the ground, imagine how strong his fists would be.+ he was able to stop two uniting motherboxes(which individualy have planetary power).

Diana weighs about 120 lbs. Regardless of how strong she is, it's not that hard to get her off her feet. Besides, that's still nowhere near the leviathan punch.

Stopping the motherboxes is not a striking feat.

quanchi112

h1a8

I mathematically proved that the leviathan punch was under 200 tons of force. That's assuming the leviathan weighed 1000 tons.

For those who are not adept in physics, here you go.
Note: The Leviathan is probably somewhere between 200-500 tons. Let’s just say 1000 tons for the sake of argument. That way, no one should have a problem.

How much force does it take to stop a 1000ton object moving at 20m/s in 10 seconds?
Force = change in momentum/ change in time
= (1000ton * 20m/s) /(10s)
= (907185kg * 20m/s) /(10s)
= 1.81e6 N
= 204 tons of force

So assuming Hulk wasn’t bracing (allowing the concrete to supply the pushing or stopping force) then its a 204 ton feat at the most.

But the reality is that the concrete was supplying the majority of the stopping force as Hulk’s arm was extended through the majority of the feat (he did give a little push here and there though). So the feat is significantly less than 204 tons.

Silent Master
I mathematically proved that the leviathan punch was under 200 tons of force. That's assuming the leviathan weighed 1000 tons

If you proved it, name the people that agreed with you.

FrothByte
I mathematically proved that the leviathan punch was under 200 tons of force. That's assuming the leviathan weighed 1000 tons.

Note: The Leviathan is probably somewhere between 200-500 tons. Let’s just say 1000 tons for the sake of argument. That way, no one should have a problem.

How much force does it take to stop a 1000ton object moving at 20m/s in 10 seconds?
= 1.81e6 N
= 204 tons of force

So assuming Hulk wasn’t bracing (allowing the concrete to supply the pushing or stopping force) then its a 204 ton feat at the most.

But the reality is that the concrete was supplying the majority of the stopping force as Hulk’s arm was extended through the majority of the feat (he did give a little push here and there though). So the feat is significantly less than 204 tons.

Everyone here knows your calculations are worth sh!t. For example, you didn't even take into consideration that the leviathan is applying a constant amount of force to keep itself moving.

You should know by now that no one takes your math seriously.

h1a8
Everyone here knows your calculations are worth sh!t. For example, you didn't even take into consideration that the leviathan is applying a constant amount of force to keep itself moving.

You should know by now that no one takes your math seriously.

I did. That's why I gave 1000 tons instead of 500 tons.
If it takes 204 tons to stop its momentum in 10 seconds then it takes 204 tons to propel it forward to the same speed in the same time.

quanchi112

FrothByte
I did. That's why I gave 1000 tons instead of 500 tons.
If it takes 204 tons to stop its momentum in 10 seconds then it takes 204 tons to propel it forward to the same speed in the same time.

So.... you computed for the leviathan's propulsion by simply doubling it's weight? Wow. And you wonder why people don't take you seriously.

Impediment
Superman has Flash speed and is stronger.

Superman stomps.

Edit: If this is strictly H2H, Superman still wins.

FrothByte
Originally posted by Impediment
Superman has Flash speed and is stronger.

Superman stomps.

No superspeed in this fight.

Impediment
I edited my post.

Is this Cavill Superman?

quanchi112
Hulk breaks him. Stronger than Superman.

Silent Master
Keep in mind, No innocent civilians around for him to murder means that Superman won't be very motivated.

Impediment
Originally posted by quanchi112
Hulk breaks him. Stronger than Superman.

Based on?

quanchi112

FrothByte
I edited my post.

Is this Cavill Superman?

Yes, Cavill Superman. No superspeed, flight or heat vision/frost breath.

Arachnid1

Hulk's reach is much higher, but it won't really matter. Superman can palm Hulk's punches and every punch he throws will break bones, at the least. thumb up

FrothByte
My take on it:

Superman has stronger lifting feats and slightly better durability feats. Hulk has stronger striking feats and a decent height, reach and weight advantage.

Fighting skill is a wash. Both are untrained brawlers. Superman does have slightly better feats of scientific fighting (i.e. dodging blows) but it's not much and is easily matched by Hulk's animalistic agility (see Hulk's fight with Hulkbuster).

The Spectre+
^quan, why do you always bring up doomsday beating superman as a point to your quanchid arguements, when you and i know DD was fighting a 50% powered supes.

Impediment
Hulk got his ass whipped by Thanos, was swatted away like a fly by Surtur, was nearly KO'd by Thor in Ragnarok, and was KO'd via sucker punch by Hulkbuster Iron Man.

Superman is called the Man of Steel for a reason

FrothByte
Hulk got his ass whipped by Thanos, was swatted away like a fly by Surtur, was nearly KO'd by Thor in Ragnarok, and was KO'd via sucker punch by Hulkbuster Iron Man.

Superman is called the Man of Steel for a reason

True, but to be fair all of those fighters would beat up Superman as well in this scenario. Or at least Thanos, Thor and Surtur. Hulkbuster is questionable.

CPT Space Bomb
True, but to be fair all of those fighters would beat up Superman as well in this scenario. Or at least Thanos, Thor and Surtur. Hulkbuster is questionable. Yah, Surtur, Thanos and Thor all take Superman imo (Thor is debatable; the others aren't).

The sucker punch ko from AoU is still the dumbest and lowest showing for Hulk ever. Whedon really screwed the pooch there; but that's the starpower of RDJ.... But yah, Superman beats Hulkbuster easy. Probably loses the rest.

FrothByte
Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb
Yah, Surtur, Thanos and Thor all take Superman imo (Thor is debatable; the others aren't).

The sucker punch ko from AoU is still the dumbest and lowest showing for Hulk ever. Whedon really screwed the pooch there; but that's the starpower of RDJ.... But yah, Superman beats Hulkbuster easy. Probably loses the rest.

Regular Thor w/o weapons is debateable. Probably loses, as I don't see that Thor winning against Hulk either. But godmode Thor that can lightning-charge his hits (the guy who nearly knocked out Hulk) wouldn't have much issues with Superman in h2h as long as he can charge his hits.

Adam Grimes

quanchi112

quanchi112
Nah, wrong. He did. Aquaman had to save him from drowning. laughing out loud

quanchi112

The Sorrow
Hulks bread and butter, he stomps.

quanchi112
Originally posted by The Sorrow
Hulks bread and butter, he stomps. Correct.

h1a8
So.... you computed for the leviathan's propulsion by simply doubling it's weight? Wow. And you wonder why people don't take you seriously.

No! If it was 1000 tons then
It takes 200 tons to get it to the speed it was going in 10 seconds.

So if it is 500 tons then it takes 100tons to stop and to get moving. Doubling this gives the 200 tons. But since the concrete did most of the work Hulk exerted far less than 200 tons.

Even if I didn't calculate the propulsion force then you can't quantify the feat to argue it is better than anything Superman has done.

Nevan
The feats when Superman fought Zod. The distance they hit each other, the destruction of buildings (supporting beams), etc.

Nothing Thanos did strength wise tops those feats.
Also Hulk has no strength feats that is beyond the stuff Superman tanked without damage.
None of those feats match hitting 800+ meters tall Surtur and moving his entire torso.

Surtur would weight far more than any of those buildings at that size.

h1a8
Originally posted by Nevan
None of those feats match hitting 800+ meters tall Surtur and moving his entire torso.

Surtur would weight far more than any of those buildings at that size. Post the scene. Uppercutting someone the height of a skyscraper or punching someone and sending them through steel beams as if the beams were tissue paper is very hard to beat. The tensile strength of the steel beams that supports skyscrapers is VERY LARGE.

Nevan
Post the scene. Uppercutting someone the height of a skyscraper or punching someone and sending them through steel beams as if the beams were tissue paper is very hard to beat. The tensile strength of the steel beams that supports skyscrapers is VERY LARGE.
w6Ioe3hxFcs

Giant Surtur's officially stated size is 800 meters when he first appears and he continues to grow larger until he dies.

Building character with Thor (part2)

h1a8
w6Ioe3hxFcs

Giant Surtur's officially stated size is 800 meters when he first appears and he continues to grow larger until he dies.

Building character with Thor (part2)

Oh I remember. Not really impressive. Punching someone through a steel beam is far more impressive. Or punching someone up a skyscraper is far more impressive.

quanchi112

Nevan
Oh I remember. Not really impressive. Punching someone through a steel beam is far more impressive. Or punching someone up a skyscraper is far more impressive.

Are you legitimately serious?

No joking, I'm asking seriously.

NemeBro
True, but to be fair all of those fighters would beat up Superman as well in this scenario. Or at least Thanos, Thor and Surtur. Hulkbuster is questionable. Not one of them would my friend. Superman is stronger than all of them combined and can take their best punches to the chin with a smile.

FrothByte
Not one of them would my friend. Superman is stronger than all of them combined and can take their best punches to the chin with a smile.

Superman ain't skilled enough to land hits on Thanos or godmode Thor.

h1a8
Are you legitimately serious?

No joking, I'm asking seriously.

Hitting Surtur where he bends somewhat is a shit feat. I piss on it.
You act as if Hulk knocked him off his feet (which would take astronomically more force).

Do you know the tension strength of steel is?
Look it up.
Now how much force does it take to hit someone through it like tissue paper?

How much force does it take to hit someone up to the top of a skyscraper?

The Spectre+
WOE TO YOU!!! WOE TO YOU!!!!! those who disregard, dispise and tarnish the legacy and the true unrivalled might of the MAN OF STEEL. Repent now, turn back from your ways, Before you face the Great, Catastrophic,and Cataclysmic Wrath of the MAN OF STEEL.

Adam Grimes
Superman ain't skilled enough to land hits on Thanos or godmode Thor. Only because you decided to gimp him...

Psychotron
Superman is still stronger and more durable, but it's telling how hard you have to gimp him to give Hulk a chance.

quanchi112
Not one of them would my friend. Superman is stronger than all of them combined and can take their best punches to the chin with a smile. You are an idiot.

quanchi112

Nevan
Hitting Surtur where he bends somewhat is a shit feat. I piss on it.
You act as if Hulk knocked him off his feet (which would take astronomically more force).

Do you know the tension strength of steel is?
Look it up.
Now how much force does it take to hit someone through it like tissue paper?

How much force does it take to hit someone up to the top of a skyscraper?
I'm giving you one more chance to admit that you're wrong, if you refuse it you can't pull the "I was only pretending" later.

FrothByte
Only because you decided to gimp him...

Yes, I freely admit that.

Josh_Alexander
Hulk

Impediment
Superman is stronger than Ruffalo Hulk, easily.

TheVaultDweller
Hulk and Clark become Collateral Damage buds. stick out tongue

quanchi112
Superman is stronger than Ruffalo Hulk, easily. Nah, Hulk is stronger.

h1a8

Prof. T.C McAbe
Superman from the Movies vs Hulk from the movies would most likely go like the PC Supes vs Hulk crossover. Hulk wouldn't be able to hurt supes and supes could break his neck or ko him like the Hulkbuster did.

quanchi112

Nevan

HulkIsHulk
Not one of them would my friend. Superman is stronger than all of them combined and can take their best punches to the chin with a smile.
Stronger than them combined? Are you nuts?

HulkIsHulk
Diana weighs about 120 lbs. Regardless of how strong she is, it's not that hard to get her off her feet.

Plus he flew up holding her, lifting her off the ground. Means she had zero leverage to resist being moved

h1a8
So are you going to ignore Surtur's officially stted size, even though it's consistent with his size relative to Asgard?

Why don't you try scaling him to the palace that dwarfs mountains?

Surtur is quite solid, we know he is made of molten slag from other interviews and that he has muscles, so even if you want to say he's only 100 meters tall that would still dwarf Superman's presented feats.

Hulk himself had to jump multiple KM to get to Surtur and to jump to Sokovia and he's much heavier than Superman or Zod, hos you think them being punched a shorter distance while weighting less is more impressive is beyond me.

I said WHEN HULK PUNCHED HIM.
Now if Surtur grew more after that then I don't care.
I painstakingly calculated his height at the time of the punch. His head was the length of 4-5 Hulk heights. Hulk is about 2.6 meters. Go with that.

Being made of molten rock is speculation. It look more like flame and ash to me.

After the first punch, each additional punch did absolutely nothing to move him. So that could mean Hulk's downward momentum along with Hulk's weight did most of the work.

Nevan
I said WHEN HULK PUNCHED HIM.
Now if Surtur grew more after that then I don't care.
I painstakingly calculated his height at the time of the punch. His head was the length of 4-5 Hulk heights. Hulk is about 2.6 meters. Go with that.

Being made of molten rock is speculation. It look more like flame and ash to me.

After the first punch, each additional punch did absolutely nothing to move him. So that could mean Hulk's downward momentum along with Hulk's weight did most of the work.
Mega Surtur was 800 meters tall when he first appeared, ergo before hulk punched him, the same quote I quoted states that 800 meters was his smallest size.

If you want to dismiss that you can't bring author intention or statements in other debates.

The vfx also state that he's made from magma, so you're also wrong on that.

Want to try to calculate how much a 100 meter giant made of molten rock would weight, even going by your scaling?

By the way you ignored how he compares to Asgard's structures, you can compare him to the palace since he first appears on Asgard.

https://mobile.digitalartsonline.co.uk/features/motion-graphics/how-method-studios-created-surtur-his-fire-demons-dragons-major-fight-scenes-in-thor-ragnarok/

Even the homepage of the Studio that did it states it.

https://www.methodstudios.com/en/features/thor-ragnarok/ ://

h1a8
Mega Surtur was 800 meters tall when he first appeared, ergo before hulk punched him, the same quote I quoted states that 800 meters was his smallest size.

If you want to dismiss that you can't bring author intention or statements in other debates.

The vfx also state that he's made from magma, so you're also wrong on that.

Want to try to calculate how much a 100 meter giant made of molten rock would weight, even going by your scaling?

By the way you ignored how he compares to Asgard's structures, you can compare him to the palace since he first appears on Asgard.

https://mobile.digitalartsonline.co.uk/features/motion-graphics/how-method-studios-created-surtur-his-fire-demons-dragons-major-fight-scenes-in-thor-ragnarok/

Even the homepage of the Studio that did it states it.

https://www.methodstudios.com/en/features/thor-ragnarok/ ://

You are basically stating that writer's intented for Surtur to be 800m when Hulk struck him? Prove it. Because
1. Surtur was about 100m as shown.
2. Surtur was still growing after Hulk hit him.

And you are unreasonable to assume character's, in fiction, exert nearly the same force everytime. There are so many examples where this isn't true that I will be counting for days. Here is one of them:
Hulk punching Surtur and making him bend vs. punching him, IMMEDIATELY AFTER, and not making him budge.

Hulk is about half a ton. It was his weight and falling momentum that supplied the majority of the force. Otherwise, you can't explain away why his latter punches did absolutely nothing (since your stance is that character's use nearly the same force everytime).

Silent Master
He has proven it, the company that provided the special effects for the movie have flat out stated that he was 800 meters tall at the beginning and grew to 4000 meters by the time he destroyed Asgard.

You're being your normal hypocritical self, IE over-analyzing a scene in order to lowball a character you're arguing against. However when it's a character you're for, you have gone on record as stating we should ignore what the movie shows and instead go with what you claim was the writer's intention.

cdtm
Superman would have flash frozen magma man with his freeze breath. And shattered him.

Superman beats Hulk.

quanchi112

h1a8
He has proven it, the company that provided the special effects for the movie have flat out stated that he was 800 meters tall at the beginning and grew to 4000 meters by the time he destroyed Asgard.

You're being your normal hypocritical self, IE over-analyzing a scene in order to lowball a character you're arguing against. However when it's a character you're for, you have gone on record as stating we should ignore what the movie shows and instead go with what you claim was the writer's intention.

It can not be. It is off by 700%.
Thats too LARGE of an error for an ON PURPOSE 800m in height.
No calculations were done on Surtur's height when making the film. Thus, it was a random number thrown out.

Silent Master
The people that did the special effects >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> you.

h1a8
The people that did the special effects >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> you.

That has absolutely nothing to do with what I said.

Surtur wasn't 800m because they weren't thinking about his actual height in numbers when creating him. Otherwise, you wouldn't have such a large error. Making up a random number AFTER the fact does not hold any water.

And according to you, what's shown >>>>>interviews (which aren't allowed).

Silent Master
The people that did the special effects >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> you.

Single-Cell
hulk will break superman neck.

quanchi112
Hulk would beat the shit out of him.

Nibedicus

= 1.81e6 N
= 204 tons of force

This is a complete oversimplification of what occurred in the Leviathan punch and you are missing a very important factor in your computations.

The deceleration wasn't a constant in that scenario. It wasn't a slow constant push, but a sudden deceleration (via a punch), spreading it over a constant within 10 seconds is factually wrong.

The sudden deceleration occured exactly 1:17-1:18 wheras the Leviathan was moving at 20 m/s (your numbers not mine) and suddenly slowed to (based on Hulk's starting distance and distance traveled from 1:18-1:28) around 1 m/s.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzvSM5nTi0s

Nibedicus
Actually, reviewing the video and running it over and over again, (using the signpost and car as frames of reference @ 1:19-1:20) it looks closer to about 4m/s within the first 2 seconds then drops off to 1m/s @ 1:20 and beyond.

Basis: Car is about 5m in length. Hulk started at 1m behind car and street sign was around 1 car length @ 1:18 and ended at around a little less than 2 car lengths @ 1:20 behind the sign. Speed drastically drops off at 1:20 til full stop while the Leviathan's tail gets whipped into the air. This is the low end.

If we use Hulk as the basis (who is around 2.5 meters in height, according to some numbers), the lamp post is about under 3 hulk distance, 2.8 it looks like from the lamp post. Seems to be a discrepancy of about 33% give or take.

Have been trying to get the right velocity of the Leviathan. Funny enough the 20 m/s guesstimatge isn't so far off.

At exactly 0:59, Iron Man was chased by the Leviathan down a street and crossed (what looks like) about 6 car lengths (30m) from 0:59-1:00.

So a range from 20-30 m/s is as close as I can get it from the video.

So ending velocity of 4-6m/s from 20m/s-30m/s.

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by Nibedicus
This is a complete oversimplification of what occurred in the Leviathan punch and you are missing a very important factor in your computations.

The deceleration wasn't a constant in that scenario. It wasn't a slow constant push, but a sudden deceleration (via a punch), spreading it over a constant within 10 seconds is factually wrong.

The sudden deceleration occured exactly 1:17-1:18 wheras the Leviathan was moving at 20 m/s (your numbers not mine) and suddenly slowed to (based on Hulk's starting distance and distance traveled from 1:18-1:28) around 1 m/s.

Completely agree.

Deceleration isn't taken into account.

Josh_Alexander

= 1.81e6 N
= 204 tons of force

Okay I will show you how it's done H1.

First of all you clearly forgot about deceleration which plays an important role here.

Force Formula: F = m * a where Force = mass * acceleration

Now we need to find acceleration therefore we use the formula:

Vf^2 = Vi2 + 2AX where Vf = Final Velocity , Vi= Initial Velocity, A = Acceleration and X = distance

We know that Vf = 0 because the leviathan stopped. Vi= 20m/s and distance = 8m (If you look at the scene, you'll notice that the Leviathan stopped very quickly. At a distance of approx 8m.)

If we manipulate the formula you end up with:

A = /
A = /
A = -25m/s2

*Note that we have a negative value for Acceleration which translates into deceleration**

Now we substitute into the formula for Force:

F = m * a
F = 907185kg * -25m/s2
F = -22679625 Newtons

The negative means that you require 22679625 newtons to stop such an object.

22679625 Newtons = 2312678.12 Kg or 2549.29 Tons

Hulk applied 2500 tons of strength in one arm to stop 1000 ton Leviathan moving at 20m/s over 8 meters.

Damn long time i don't do physics laughing out loud

Nibedicus

Actually, reviewing the video and running it over and over again, (using the signpost and car as frames of reference @ 1:19-1:20) it looks closer to about 4m/s within the first 2 seconds then drops off to 1m/s @ 1:20 and beyond.

Basis: Car is about 5m in length. Hulk started at 1m behind car and street sign was around 1 car length @ 1:18 and ended at around a little less than 2 car lengths @ 1:20 behind the sign. Speed drastically drops off at 1:20 til full stop while the Leviathan's tail gets whipped into the air. This is the low end.

If we use Hulk as the basis (who is around 2.5 meters in height, according to some numbers), the lamp post is about under 3 hulk distance, 2.8 it looks like from the lamp post. Seems to be a discrepancy of about 33% give or take.

Have been trying to get the right velocity of the Leviathan. Funny enough the 20 m/s guesstimatge isn't so far off.

At exactly 0:59, Iron Man was chased by the Leviathan down a street and crossed (what looks like) about 6 car lengths (30m) from 0:59-1:00.

So a range from 20-30 m/s is as close as I can get it from the video.

So ending velocity of 4-6m/s from 20m/s-30m/s.

Edit. From the top view @ 1:22 it actually looks like 1 (so 4-5m not 6) car's distance is the more accurate measurement based on Hulk's position relative to the street sign.

relentless1
Hulk gets dummied

quanchi112
Originally posted by relentless1
Hulk gets dummied Based on?

Josh_Alexander
Edit. From the top view @ 1:22 it actually looks like 1 (so 4-5m not 6) car's distance is the more accurate measurement based on Hulk's position relative to the street sign.

I used 8m just for the sake of H1 not saying that the distance is more.

h1a8
Originally posted by Josh_Alexander
Okay I will show you how it's done H1.

First of all you clearly forgot about deceleration which plays an important role here.

Force Formula: F = m * a where Force = mass * acceleration

Now we need to find acceleration therefore we use the formula:

Vf^2 = Vi2 + 2AX where Vf = Final Velocity , Vi= Initial Velocity, A = Acceleration and X = distance

We know that Vf = 0 because the leviathan stopped. Vi= 20m/s and distance = 8m (If you look at the scene, you'll notice that the Leviathan stopped very quickly. At a distance of approx 8m.)

If we manipulate the formula you end up with:

A = /
A = /
A = -25m/s2

*Note that we have a negative value for Acceleration which translates into deceleration**

Now we substitute into the formula for Force:

F = m * a
F = 907185kg * -25m/s2
F = -22679625 Newtons

The negative means that you require 22679625 newtons to stop such an object.

22679625 Newtons = 2312678.12 Kg or 2549.29 Tons

Hulk applied 2500 tons of strength in one arm to stop 1000 ton Leviathan moving at 20m/s over 8 meters.

Damn long time i don't do physics laughing out loud

Using an acceleration of 25m/s and a distance of 8m and an initial velocity of 20m/s would give a time of 0.8s which is ridiculously false.

It took seconds (plural) before the leviathan stopped. Therefore, something is wrong. If it isn't time or distance then it must be initial speed.

h1a8
Edit. From the top view @ 1:22 it actually looks like 1 (so 4-5m not 6) car's distance is the more accurate measurement based on Hulk's position relative to the street sign. I agree that the top view looks differently than the side view.

But know, from the other views Hulk started at the red car, not behind. If you look at the scene where he first punches he gets pushed back about 3m before the scene changes to the side scene.

There are 4 scenes total.
The punch scene
The side moving back scene
The top view scene
The scene where IM blasts

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.