Revan vs TPM Mace

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JMANGO
Jedi Revan. How does he get around the Fact file quote?

DarthAnt66
TPM/AOTC Mace is consistently cited to be on par with Yoda across most sources.

ROTS Yoda edges him out, but even then sources point them to them being close.

Freedon Nadd
They can be compareable.

Kurk
Raven wins

JMANGO
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
TPM/AOTC Mace is consistently cited to be on par with Yoda across most sources.

ROTS Yoda edges him out, but even then sources point them to them being close.

So we're abandoning all contextual reason for tertiary sources that might not consider all the fax?

DarthAnt66
Are you Ziggy?

JMANGO
This has been known for quite some time now....

DarthAnt66
I figured, but you've consistently said a lot of dumb shit that made me reconsider.

wink

JMANGO
Like Mace /= Yoda? Especially anything before ROTS?

I simply think there's too many caveats for a such a comparison to stand. Because I tend to have showings > quotes from game cards.

Haschwalth
Revan.

Azronger
Mace

Geistalt
Originally posted by Haschwalth
Revan.

JMANGO
So it looks like everyone bar Azronger and Ant think Revan wins dis.

Freedon Nadd
Wait - Ant thinks Mace>Revan? Wow.🤡

DarthAnt66
Mace beats Revan if we take Mace as equal to Yoda.

Revan beats Mace if we take Mace as a peer to Dooku.

JMANGO
Mace beats Revan if we take Mace as equal to Yoda.

Revan beats Mace if we take Mace as a peer to Dooku.

And while you lean on the first premise I strongly support the second.

DarthAnt66
I don't lean. I fully embrace and advocate for the first. wink

JMANGO
Interesting. I guess that's because you operate in the realm of the subjective, while i myself in the objective.

DarthAnt66
>Me: uses objective quotes to dictate stance, so much so I go against the majority's stance on Revan
>Ziggy: uses subjective interpretations of fights to dictate his stance
>"I guess that's because you operate in the realm of the subjective, while i myself in the objective." - Ziggy

Freedon Nadd
What are those objective sources? (not asking about in-universe interpretations)

I always got the feeling that the SW movie books just focused on that movie books' continuity aspect. And even if it did stretch - that would be only to Darth Bane's times.

JMANGO
>Me: uses objective quotes to dictate stance, so much so I go against the majority's stance on Revan
>Ziggy: uses subjective interpretations of fights to dictate his stance
>"I guess that's because you operate in the realm of the subjective, while i myself in the objective." - Ziggy

> Me: uses instances where Mace objectively performs worse than Yoda, much like the majority who side with Revan
> Ant: uses subjective interpretations of the mythos in the form of (mostly outdated) quotes hence being in the minority going against Revan.
> "It's because I operate in the objective, while you yourself in the subjective, yeah" - Ziggy

JMANGO
Let's dry run Ant's Logic with a different scenario:

AotC Kenobi's force-level = 90/100:

Dooku's = 87/100:

https://i.makeagif.com/media/5-09-2018/8r-00s.gif

It appears that Dooku beat Obi Wan with relative ease - My subjective interpretation of a fight

Freedon Nadd
Yeah. People forgot they should go strictly off the direct material when it comes about characters. Handbooks and sourcebooks are just a big mess(when it comes about in-universe interpretation)

darthbane77
Revan

LordOfTheLight
Mace wins

Freedon Nadd
Because Vaapad, right?

BazookaMaster
Mace wins.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.