darth tenebrous vs. darth bane

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LaserBoi
This is a very interesting match up. what are your thoughts?

LaserBoi
Personally I would think darth bane would win because he was one of the most renowned sith of his time...

LaserBoi
and he killed a lot of other sith just to get to the top.

victreebelvictr
darth tenebrous is more intelligent in my opinion, he could defeat bane simply because he understands speedy lightsaber fighting more than bane does

Kurk
By Bane's own rule of two Tenebrous should take this solidly.

victreebelvictr
please explain that with more definition.

Kurk
"For a millennium, the Sith maintained the order in secrecy, passing down their evil heritage. As they gained knowledge of the dark side of the Force, their powers increased with each generation."

Source: Episode 1: The Phantom Menace Scrapbook

Ultimately, Bane's plan produced more powerful Sith Lords with every generation.

Source: Force & Destiny

victreebelvictr
good, but that doesn't mean that all people after him are stronger like for example, maul would lose easily

Kurk
Originally posted by victreebelvictr
good, but that doesn't mean that all people after him are stronger like for example, maul would lose easily Maul was trained as an assassin under Plagueis and Sidious, never as a Sith.

Tenebrous is 28 generations ahead of Bane...the disparity is pretty obvious.

victreebelvictr
darth maul was in fact a sith, proven by george lucas. if you disagree look into (The Star Wars Timeline Almanac - The Legends Sith Lord Chronology) and tell me that maul isnt in there

LaserBoi
and also, even though Bane did create the rule of two ," By bane's own rule of two Tenebrous should take this solidly." which you said not relating to the subject. Bane would win because bane is more skilled in lightsaber combat than tenebrous.

LaserBoi
Originally posted by Kurk
By Bane's own rule of two Tenebrous should take this solidly.
and also, even though Bane did create the rule of two which you said not relating to the subject. Bane would win because bane is more skilled in lightsaber combat than tenebrous.

victreebelvictr
i wouldnt say that, he could move at the speed of light and has proven that neither plagueis or venamis combined couldnt beat him in lightsaber combat

Kurk
Okay...Maul is a 'Sith'.

Anyway, Tenebrous had access to all of the Sith holocrons Darth Bane had at his disposal in addition to the others, and new Sith discoveries, contrived in-between those 28 generations of Sith. Additionally, Bane's powers are passed down with each Sith, so we can assume that Tenebrous is at the very least just as powerful as Darth Bane:

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11128/111282615/6248395-7422155011-52099.png

- Book of the Sith

"Darth Bane's Rule of Two was a keystone of the Sith Order for centuries. The Battle of Ruusan, nearly a millenium ago, would have ended the Sith Order had Darth Bane not reconstituted it as a diarchy operating from the shadows. His writings became a part of the Sith Archives passed down from master to apprentice for generations."

"Under the tutelage of Darth Plagueis I inherited the Sith Archives - more than a thousand years' worth of teachings passed in secret from master to apprentice."

-- Darth Sidious

- Book of the Sith

And of course Tenebrous had access to all of this and presumably more:

More than a century before, when Tenebrous had been but a Sith apprentice himself, the magnificent computational power of his Bith brain had led him far beyond the simplistic Force studies imposed on him by his Master.

- The Tenebrous Way

Kurk
And trying to make this a Bane vs Tenebrous in sabers contest is pretty pointless. We know nothing about his abilities other than that he enjoyed combat and was a competent duelist.

victreebelvictr
no, bane would go out while it rained and would strike every rain drop that came near him for an hour and would come back in dry.

Azronger
Tenebrous canonically

Freedon Nadd
I would take that stuff with a grain of salt. The Tragedy of Darth Plagueis the Wise novel has stated that a lot of knowledge was lost due to Gravid's own machinations and acts.

victreebelvictr
i dont, that is quite a feat.

BazookaMaster
Tenebrous must be at least solidly better logically.

victreebelvictr
That is lpgic good friend

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.