If He Be Worthy - FINALS - SuperMutant vs Leonidas

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Damborgson
Welcome ye all to the final match !
Both contestants have fought valiantly, but only one will leave this match WORTHY!

https://www.alexrossart.com/assets/images/Thor700AlexRoss.jpeg

In a change of events, Supermutant will be representing Loki and Leonidas has taken the mantle of Silver Surfer !

https://thedaoofdragonball.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/room-of-spirit-time-front.jpg

This match will need 3 votes in favor to decide the winner!

4 post limit

OP

2 Rebuttals

Ending post

------------

FOR THE GLORY OF ASGARD !

Damborgson

Damborgson

leonidas

Supermutant

Damborgson

Damborgson

Supermutant

Damborgson

Damborgson

Damborgson

Damborgson

Damborgson

Damborgson

Damborgson
Congratulations to Leonidas, you have won the tournament !

Digi
Yo, so I'm late to the party but will ultimately concur with my fellow judges, though for slightly different reasons. It's not that magic can't affect Surfer - I think despite a few iffy scans, it was shown by Supermutant that it definitely can - it's that either can harm the other, and expecting Loki to counter as thoroughly as all his scans show is unlikely at best. We have a tendency to scan-dump in these things, and while that's fine if we're bolstering certain points, it can start to work against a debater if it begins to highlight the many different things a character needs to do in order to compete. You guys both balanced scans with debate - it wasn't just a dump - but there was still a lot more shown than would actually have a chance to happen in the fight. There's a diminishing return on "look at all the things I can do" when we're talking about a battle that will likely be short and brutal. In those instances, I start to lean toward the economy of a strategy, not the breadth of it. In something like a team battle where it's not 1-on-1, I actually think Loki would be maddeningly tough for Surfer to deal with, but largely because he wouldn't be singularly focused on Loki.

There's also the matter of Mjolnir, which isn't a guarantee against Loki's magics (as we've seen), but does provide a measure of additional protection against magical energies. In that sense, I think it's more of a potential boon to Surfer here than Loki, though only slightly. Add that to the definite speed edge Surfer has and there's a lot for the God of Mischief to manage in a short span.

I think if someone were going to punch out of his weight class in this tourney, it was going to be Loki, with his familiarity with the hammer and Thor, and history of meddling with it. But despite a valiant effort, it wasn't quite enough against what amounts to possibly the most well-rounded herald in tourney history, who was ably represented by Leo.

Well done, gents. Thanks for the fun read.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.