Hela, Goddess of Death vs Ego, The Celestial Planet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Adam Grimes
Fight takes place in Asgard and Hela can't attack his core.

Bonus fight: both team up against Surtur.

quanchi112
Ego wins.

TheVaultDweller
Ego is immortal as long as his core remains intact. So, Hela literally cannot win this.

FrothByte
If the fight doesn't take place on the Ego-planet and it's only his avatar that's fighting then Hela wins this. Both of them won't die but Hela is the far better warrior and without the planet, Ego's attack options are limited. In the end, Hela will impale Ego in place, probably spread eagled with a dozen or so projectiles, then leave him like that for the rest of eternity.

quanchi112
He can reform. Ego brings too much for her to account for. She had no chance against Surtur either. Ego overwhelms her in time.

FrothByte
Originally posted by quanchi112
He can reform. Ego brings too much for her to account for. She had no chance against Surtur either. Ego overwhelms her in time.

He can reform and then do what, try to punch her to death?

quanchi112

FrothByte
^ He only managed that while he was on his own planet. This battle takes place on Asgard which means Ego's planet won't be there to back him up.

TheVaultDweller
Ego solo'd an entire Sovereign fleet like it was nothing, while far away from said planet. So, he is hardly helpless away from there.

quanchi112

FrothByte
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Ego solo'd an entire Sovereign fleet like it was nothing, while far away from said planet. So, he is hardly helpless away from there.

I don't seem to remember this. Do you mind linking a vid? Can't seem to find it.

quanchi112
Originally posted by FrothByte
I don't seem to remember this. Do you mind linking a vid? Can't seem to find it. Have you seen the film?

Adam Grimes
Originally posted by FrothByte
I don't seem to remember this. Do you mind linking a vid? Can't seem to find it. https://youtu.be/UUgI57pdDMc

1:35.

Anyway, Ego has all the abilities he has on his planet for this fight since he IS the planet.

TheVaultDweller
They even address it during a later conversation between Star-Lord, Gamora and Ego:

"You own a planet, and can destroy two dozen spaceships without a suit. What are you, exactly?"
"I'm what's called a Celestial, sweetheart."
"A Celestial like a god?"
"Well..small G son."

FrothByte
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
They even address it during a later conversation between Star-Lord, Gamora and Ego:

"You own a planet, and can destroy two dozen spaceships without a suit. What are you, exactly?"
"I'm what's called a Celestial, sweetheart."
"A Celestial like a god?"
"Well..small G son."

In my defense, GOTG2 is one of my least favorite MCU movies. So I don't remember a number of details on it. Anyway, I've watched the link from Adam and have changed my stance. If Ego has that kind of firepower then he wins. If he's able to bring his full planet's attacks into the fray then he definitely wins.

FrothByte
Originally posted by quanchi112
Have you seen the film?

Unlike you, I can actually admit when I've made a mistake and don't keep on insisting on an incorrect stance once corrected.

TheVaultDweller
Ego is underrated IMO. If you actually stop to think about the entire process they had to go through to kill him, it was a lot. They needed inside info from Mantis (and Ego himself about what it took to kill him), those things Rocket stole to basically make a nuke, someone small enough to actually reach the core, as well as Peter going Celestial mode himself to keep Ego busy long enough for the whole thing to play out (which was only possible in the first place because Ego told him how to draw on that power). And they took a pretty significant casualty along the way. If any of those things hadn't played out as it had, they most likely would have failed.

CPT Space Bomb
Yah, Ego is above Hela as long as the fight takes place away from his heart. If Hela knows his weakness she definitely has a shot. Still, I'd give the Edge to the likes of Thanos, Dormammu, and Ego over Hela. She's still a badass.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Adam Grimes
Fight takes place in Asgard and Hela can't attack his core.

Bonus fight: both team up against Surtur. Not sure how the fight can take place in Asgard given that Ego dwarfs it lol.

If you meant just his avatar he should still win.

Adam Grimes
It's his avatar but can use his tendrils and whatnot in this fight. Lol

quanchi112

Khazra Reborn
Could go either way, i guess. we don't even know what it takes to hurt Hela, tbh. She's no sold everything ever thrown her way, minus Asgard being completely destroyed.

quanchi112

Josh_Alexander
Ego for sure.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.