Classic Fights you will probably never see again

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
Name some good fights that you miss that you'll probably never see again due to power upgrades from certain characters, death, etc...

carver9
I will go first. Hulk vs Wolverine use to the be the best of fights but due to the power creep Hulk has been having, dont think that will happen again.

One Big Mob
I just miss brawls. This 2 page shit is frustrating as ****. Big important fights should be no less than a third of the comic

Sin I AM
Originally posted by One Big Mob
I just miss brawls. This 2 page shit is frustrating as ****. Big important fights should be no less than a third of the comic

i think fights were more emotional back then...they felt more climatic. nowadays they seem to take a backseat to quips or lulz

Dareangel
sabretooth vs beast in sabretooth in the red zone. it was such a great comics that gave both sabretooth and beast respect. the fight was cool and i believe i will never get to see such fight between them anymore. why? because look at the last fight they had and the way they are presented today. sabretooth became a stereotype of the evil hillbilly that everybody punch in the face, while beast is just an emotional punching bag.

Philosophía
Love the first two posts in this thread.

DarkSaint85
I wouldn't say that, Phildo my friend.

Hulk broke an Adamantium net as Nuul, after all. Logan is toast.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by Sin I AM
i think fights were more emotional back then...they felt more climatic. nowadays they seem to take a backseat to quips or lulz Nefaria Vs the Avengers

He never gets used now.

Smurph

Philosophía
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
I wouldn't say that, Phildo my friend.

Hulk broke an Adamantium net as Nuul, after all. Logan is toast. Damn.

Now that Hulk is constantly at his all time, all new, most powerful Gamma-Dipped at the touch of a button and enhanced by tech form, he'd probably just flex adamantium into pieces.

Wolverine is toast, I bet adamantium would feel like a gust of wind.

lawest9
Originally posted by carver9
I will go first. Hulk vs Wolverine use to the be the best of fights but due to the power creep Hulk has been having, dont think that will happen again. I agree and Hulk vs Namor would no longer be a good match either.

lawest9
Originally posted by Sin I AM
i think fights were more emotional back then...they felt more climatic. nowadays they seem to take a backseat to quips or lulz They were certainly more entertaining for sure.

lawest9
I loved it when the entire comic book issue was dedicated to a back and forth slugfest.

Booya_69
Seeing the heralds of Galactus interact and/or fight with each other was always cool. Their was so many, all with different personalities and unique abilities.

tkitna
Shang-Chi against any street leveler opponent. Now he's throwing hands with the likes of Thor.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by tkitna
Shang-Chi against any street leveler opponent. Now he's throwing hands with the likes of Thor.

1) He had the Cosmic Cube or some shit, it wasn't under his own power.

2) Thor is officially a trash tier character and you need to stop wanking characters based solely on their power levels - they are irrelevant and heralds can perform worse than streets, if they suck.

3) Shang fought Wolverine few issues prior to that, who is a meta street tier.

tkitna
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
1) He had the Cosmic Cube or some shit, it wasn't under his own power.

2) Thor is officially a trash tier character and you need to stop wanking characters based solely on their power levels - they are irrelevant and heralds can perform worse than streets, if they suck.

3) Shang fought Wolverine few issues prior to that, who is a meta street tier.

Your missing my point. I used to love Shang back in the 70's, but he's basically a different character now. Thats all.

8swords
I will go first. Hulk vs Wolverine use to the be the best of fights but due to the power creep Hulk has been having, dont think that will happen again.

I agree, they nerf logan soo much that it looks like he cant beat the hulk.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by tkitna
Your missing my point. I used to love Shang back in the 70's, but he's basically a different character now. Thats all.

That's wrong as f*ck.

How is he different?

You realize that Classic Shang was going toe to toe with The Thing... without any mighty artifacts or other gear?

Or when he had a dragon punching him to stratosphere and shrugged it off like nothing?

Or when he ate a punch from Hiroim, who was operating near Savage Hulk levels, as said on panel?

Or when he casually one-shotted an Aleph robot?

Do I need to go on?

He already danced circles around Immortal Hulk and was the only one managing to land the blows.

Then you have OML killing Maestro.

Hulkie boy can keep getting upgrades, Logan will always put him in his place.

carver9
Originally posted by 8swords
I agree, they nerf logan soo much that it looks like he cant beat the hulk.

Is that what you got from my post?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.