Winter Soldier vs. Drax

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

StiltmanFTW
https://i.gifer.com/62k8.gif

vs.

https://media1.tenor.com/images/12394ba5145b1225a22f22c3f06b7226/tenor.gif

NotAllThatEvil
Imma say Bucky. He's about as strong as Steve, and Steve seems stronger than drax. Also better weapons

Adam Grimes
Steve is the strongest Avenger considering how Thanos casually overpowered Hulk's grip at the beginning of the movie but later struggled to grab Cap, with five gems on the gauntlet no less. Lol

As for the thread Drax laughs at everything no-handjob kid throws at him. thumb up

NemeBro
Drax actually managed to tank Yondu's Yaka Arrow to some extent, which went through people and the metal hull of a space ship with the same ease as it would through butter. He might just be too tanky for Bucky to put down.

NewGuy01
The movie gauntlet doesn't seem to enhance Thanos's physical abilities unless he's actively using the purple stone, though. Also, he didn't beat Hulk strength-to-strength, he hammered him with superior speed and skill.

gauntlet o doom
Originally posted by NemeBro
Drax actually managed to tank Yondu's Yaka Arrow to some extent, which went through people and the metal hull of a space ship with the same ease as it would through butter. He might just be too tanky for Bucky to put down.

Those Kree foot soldiers seemed to bother Drax enough that he had to make an effort to fight them; and Korath. His skin could be tough seeing as he survived being swallowed by an alien.

TheVaultDweller
I have a really tough time seeing Bucky putting Drax down. Exhibit A, start at about 2:45 here:

E1i1GcNhHqE

He was bouncing between those trees like a pinball and he literally laughs it off at around 3:20.

Adam Grimes
Originally posted by NewGuy01
The movie gauntlet doesn't seem to enhance Thanos's physical abilities unless he's actively using the purple stone, though. Also, he didn't beat Hulk strength-to-strength, he hammered him with superior speed and skill. Nah, Hulk was grabbing grimace by the shoulders and Thanos overpowered that grip before street fighting him to shit.

SSJGGogeta
Yeah, Drax is too durable for Bucky. Bucky might have the skill advantage, but not to the extent where Drax's superior durability and up to par strength wouldn't matter.

FrothByte
I think Bucky is stronger, faster and more skilled than Drax. Problem is Drax has near cartoony durability.

So I'll say with weapons Bucky wins. Pure h2h Drax wins.

HulkIsHulk
Stronger how? Drax's prison fight in the first movie itself is enough to out him on the same level as Bucky and Cap if not more. And the beating he took from Ronan is pretty beyond Bucky,
Originally posted by gauntlet o doom
Those Kree foot soldiers seemed to bother Drax enough that he had to make an effort to fight them; and Korath. His skin could be tough seeing as he survived being swallowed by an alien.
Korath was putting his fists through walls with his punches (Bucky can do that only with his metal arm) and was only stunned by a double blaster shot from Quill which was putting holes in everyone else with single shots and yet Drax beat him down and killed him with his bare hands. That is actually a point in favor of Drax

The Spectre+
Drax wins here,although he's gonna work for it.

CPT Space Bomb
Drax wins.

FrothByte
Originally posted by HulkIsHulk
Stronger how? Drax's prison fight in the first movie itself is enough to out him on the same level as Bucky and Cap if not more. And the beating he took from Ronan is pretty beyond Bucky,

Korath was putting his fists through walls with his punches (Bucky can do that only with his metal arm) and was only stunned by a double blaster shot from Quill which was putting holes in everyone else with single shots and yet Drax beat him down and killed him with his bare hands. That is actually a point in favor of Drax

If we assume WS is around Cap's level of strength, then what has Drax done to compare to easily lifting a bike with 3 women over his head or holding down a chopper?

gauntlet o doom
Does Bucky's regular arm have super strength as well? The Black Panther was pushing down on him in their first encounter and Bucky's regular arm seemed to be holding T'Challa at bay. Not sure what to make of it.

NotAllThatEvil
T'challa also has super strength from magic flower power

gauntlet o doom
Originally posted by NotAllThatEvil
T'challa also has super strength from magic flower power

So that means Bucky's regular arm also has super strength?

FrothByte
So that means Bucky's regular arm also has super strength?

Yes. Bucky is able to take Cap's blows as well as harm Cap with his regular arm and kicks. That indicates that he has roughly similar strength to Cap. His robo-arm is even more powerful.

HulkIsHulk
Does Bucky's regular arm have super strength as well? The Black Panther was pushing down on him in their first encounter and Bucky's regular arm seemed to be holding T'Challa at bay. Not sure what to make of it.
Of course it does. He neck lifted BP and, slammed this CIA guy through chest of drawers with his normal arm

HulkIsHulk
Originally posted by FrothByte
If we assume WS is around Cap's level of strength, then what has Drax done to compare to easily lifting a bike with 3 women over his head or holding down a chopper?
Well in that prison fight he did a super leap and tore that drone into pieces.He also pinned down Groot and tore up much thicker Vines from him than what he used on Gamora with barely any effort, and tore out that implant from Korath's head. That's for pure strength
In terms of striking he send people flying with his blows and showed a lot less effort for it than Cap or Bucky did hell he can send one flying with a headbutt. He also punched Korath hard enough to send him flying into a wall hard enough to crack it.

HulkIsHulk
Yes. Bucky is able to take Cap's blows as well as harm Cap with his regular arm and kicks. That indicates that he has roughly similar strength to Cap. His robo-arm is even more powerful.
Taking hits is durability. And IIRC Bucky never did any noticeable damage with hus barehanded blows it kicks. I seriously doubt you need to have super strength to hurt Cap, like Batroc or the elevator fight showed. RS made Cap bleed, so if there's something like that it would be nice

TheVaultDweller
Of course it does. He neck lifted BP and, slammed this CIA guy through chest of drawers with his normal arm

Wasn't just a neck left. He actually caught and held him when T'Challa jumped at him, despite his arm being at a very awkward angel to do so. A normal person would likely have torn their rotator cuff even attempting that. And he also sent Tony sailing several feet back with a punch to the chest during the escape scene.

Bucky just tends to use his robo arm more because, well, why wouldn't he? It's one of the best weapons in his arsenal. It'd be like expecting Cap to not use his shield in combat.

TheVaultDweller
pinned down Groot and tore up much thicker Vines from him than what he used on Gamora with barely any effort

Yeah, while Drax doesn't have many pure strength feats, the implication seems to be that he is at least above Gamora, based on things like this, where he was able to pin her down with one arm:

KiAFwV2emZQ

And she can do things like this:

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11133/111338760/6216865-6112532-6040722164-58392.gif

FrothByte
Anyway, I still stick to what I said before. In pure h2h Drax wins. Too durable. Give them knives and Bucky probably wins. Too skilled.

Rage.Of.Olympus
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xx7afHUuREY&t=83s

Bucky catches and chokes out BP with his HUMAN hand. I never noticed that. It's at 3:00.

I think he's equal or so close it doesn't matter, to Steve. The metal arm is just flat out above street level strength.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIlzqDbxJCQ

h1a8
If we assume WS is around Cap's level of strength, then what has Drax done to compare to easily lifting a bike with 3 women over his head or holding down a chopper? Feats aren't shared due to high and low showings. Bucky must use his own feats. Now if they stalemated in a grappling test of strength then we can give Bucky Cap's AVERAGE STRENGTH.

Lifting the motorcycle and the chopper feat were both less than 2 ton feats.

h1a8
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus

Bucky catches and chokes out BP with his HUMAN hand. I never noticed that. It's at 3:00.

I think he's equal or so close it doesn't matter, to Steve. The metal arm is just flat out above street level strength.

Catching BP is less than a 1 ton feat. Sure he is strong as hell vs a real human but I wouldn't use less than 1ton feats to show that someone is stronger than Drax.

I would say Drax is AT LEAST a couple of times stronger than Bucky. Drax is possibly on par with the metal arm though (possibly greater).

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
And she can do things like this:

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11133/111338760/6216865-6112532-6040722164-58392.gif

What if that alien spaceship metal was super-light? stick out tongue

Probably wasn't, but everything is possible in comics.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
What if that alien spaceship metal was super-light? stick out tongue

Probably wasn't, but everything is possible in comics.

I highly doubt it, considering the damage the ship did when it crashed into the valley. Plus, even if it was lighter than it looks, to handle the recoil of a ship-mounted gun while keeping it steady and walking forward would still require immense strength.

h1a8
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus

Catching BP is less than a 1 ton feat. Sure he is strong as hell vs a real human but I wouldn't use less than 1ton feats to show that someone is stronger than Drax.

If would say Drax is several times stronger than Bucky. Drax is possibly on par with the metal arm though (possibly greater).

NotAllThatEvil
So since drax is roughly stronger than gamora, he can use gamora's high end feats. But since bucky is just as strong as Steve with a stronger metal arm, he can't use Steve's high end feats?

Smells like a double standard to me.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.