Mortal Kombat 11

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ridley_Prime
https://twitter.com/noobde/status/994696075129868288

Boon already beginning to hint at it. Seems it's that time once again, so can probably expect to be revealed at E3... Hopefully it's less of a long term disappointment for me than MKX and especially Injustice 2.

NewGuy01
How do these games still make money?

Adam Grimes
Because they are good?

At least in part it's for that.

Ridley_Prime

KCJ506
This may be an unpopular opinion, but I'd like for them to bring back more post trilogy characters rather than nearly the whole roster being characters from MK1-UMK3. I'm not one of those to buy or not buy a game for 1 or 2 characters, but when most of the post Trilogy characters keep getting shafted in favor for the same Trilogy characters, it gets boring and stale. The initial roster for MKX just ended up being MK9 + 8 new characters & Shinnok. The only post Trilogy characters added that weren't in MK9 were Bo Rai Cho and Tanya. Personally instead of always relying on nostalgia, I think NRS should include more characters that debuted in MK4-MKD and see which ones can be improved upon. Kenshi, Tanya and Shinnok have shown what success a redesign and solid moveset can do for a post trilogy character.

I'm not saying get rid of MK1-MK3 characters completely. Obviously characters like Scorpion, Sub-Zero, and Raiden are staples. Just make the roster more than basically a rehash of the previous games' roster and have more variety in it.

Nemesis X
Originally posted by KCJ506
This may be an unpopular opinion, but I'd like for them to bring back more post trilogy characters rather than nearly the whole roster being characters from MK1-UMK3. I'm not one of those to buy or not buy a game for 1 or 2 characters, but when most of the post Trilogy characters keep getting shafted in favor for the same Trilogy characters, it gets boring and stale. The initial roster for MKX just ended up being MK9 + 8 new characters & Shinnok. The only post Trilogy characters added that weren't in MK9 were Bo Rai Cho and Tanya. Personally instead of always relying on nostalgia, I think NRS should include more characters that debuted in MK4-MKD and see which ones can be improved upon. Kenshi, Tanya and Shinnok have shown what success a redesign and solid moveset can do for a post trilogy character.

I'm not saying get rid of MK1-MK3 characters completely. Obviously characters like Scorpion, Sub-Zero, and Raiden are staples. Just make the roster more than basically a rehash of the previous games' roster and have more variety in it.

Agreed. I would definitely like to see some more from MK post trilogy myself. Nitara would be awesome.

Adam Grimes
Most post trilogy chars are beyond what's salvageable tbh.

Kazenji
Wouldn't mind seeing Havik & Shujinko again.

Nemesis X
I forgot but Li Mei and Sareena are in MKX's story however briefly but the possibility is there they could be playable in MK11. Li Mei is a sai wielder and since Mileena got unfortunately killed off, she might be the replacement.

KCJ506
The post trilogy characters really weren't shown in the best light during their debut days. Some of their designs were... meh, a lot of the characters gameplay were generic and boring and some characters stories were so miniscule. What was bad was that these characters were very much underdeveloped, they had little time to grow which of course made everyone think they were automatically bad characters.

These are just some brief ideas of the play styles/gameplay potential for some of the post trilogy era characters that I had in mind

Sareena - They could give her the demon stuff that they gave Kenshi since it really doesn't fit him to begin with, transform her into her demon form for the variation since the gave Leatherface different costumes per variation and boom....cool character.

Fujin - Tornadic debris, wind guts, aerial combat, his crossbow from MK4 etc.

Frost - Nimble, ice weaponry, ice projectiles, raining icicles ect. This could work. Hell there are some moves that Sub-Zero had in MKvsDC that he never had in any other game they could give her.(some people might not be too fond of this idea though)

Li Mei - She should be the female Liu Kang of the game. Give her something more than just power blasts and spin kicks. Make her a real martial artist since she was trained to be one anyway. She should be the fastest and most nimble female character in the game; i.e. female Liu Kang for the average gameplayer. Someone you can pick up and easily play without much thought or effort. A perfect entry character.

Nitara - They could give her some stuff like glamour stun, some aerial flight moves and more moves centered around blood and biting.

Havik - Have him use his limbs as weaponry and then reattach. Make him just nuts to watch and play as. The games are already rated M, go ballistic with the gore and the appeal will be there.

Kira - Being a female Black Dragon member, she had an interesting concept. The problem was that they just that they just made her a mix of Kano and Sonya. Considering her bio, she could have all kinds of guns/artillery. She could have special gadgets/bombs/futuristic tech. An AK-47 with a blade attached to it. Land mines, dynamite etc.

Ridley_Prime
While there's still a chance MK11 could be shown soon later, this for now is still my post-E3 reaction to Mr Boon.

https://i.imgur.com/9rlnf8e.gif

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Adam Grimes
Most post trilogy chars are beyond what's salvageable tbh. I like Shinnok almost as much as I like Shao Kahn.

quanchi112
Shao Kahn is way better than Shinnok.

Ridley_Prime
Well, it's here.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/mortal-kombat-11-announced-releases-date-confirmed/1100-6463752/

Coming to Switch too even. Nice.

-Pr-
Awesome trailer.

BruceSkywalker
looks freakishly bloodtastic

Kazenji
It was a good except for the rap music.

BackFire
Great trailer, I've enjoyed both the modern MK games, doubt this will be any different.

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by Kazenji
Agreed. Deja vu from the MKX reveal trailer. Otherwise excellent.

Estacado
The Scorpion wank continues...uhuh

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by Estacado
The Scorpion wank continues...uhuh
He has some cooler designs again though which I guess makes me able to put up with said wank a bit, and the less that edgelord Raiden is able to do, the better.

Shao Kahn being the pre-order bonus character was very predictable at this point.

KCJ506
If Fujin doesn't make the base roster this time, then Boon has totally lost his mind.

I normally like rap and even I have to agree that the music in the trailer wasn't good.

cdtm
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
He has some cooler designs again though which I guess makes me able to put up with said wank a bit, and the less that edgelord Raiden is able to do, the better.

Shao Kahn being the pre-order bonus character was very predictable at this point.

I don't think there's ever been a MK boss character I preferred playing as, as much as play against. Not when MK Gold did it, not in any of the horrendous PS2 games.

Ridley_Prime
If Fujin doesn't make the base roster this time, then Boon has totally lost his mind.
Or just doesnt care about demand for lesser used characters...

Originally posted by cdtm
I don't think there's ever been a MK boss character I preferred playing as, as much as play against.
MKX did it with Goro pretty well.

Not when MK Gold did it, not in any of the horrendous PS2 games.
The MK 3D/PS2 era in general is overhated. Armageddon and such was shit, will give you that, but Deception remains one of the most loved games in the series to this day, tho easy to overlook I guess when being the one good apple out of a bad bunch.

KCJ506

Didn't stop him from making Bo Rai Cho DLC in MKX. A character that even people that are more open minded towards 3D era characters, generally felt "meh" towards.

Ridley_Prime
I like Bo Rai Cho, but at this point I think he kinda just included him as a joke character or "**** you because I can", like with Raiden in Injustice 2. As kinda pointed out, people weren't exactly clamoring for Cho...

I want Fujin and Sareena back as roster characters as much as anyone and maybe some others from said era, but face it, they're all niche. Even Onaga who was a major player from that era I think will probably get snubbed at this point.

Regardless, I like the idea of Scorpion being the new back in time hero which the reveal trailer seemed to be alluding to.

cdtm

MKX did it with Goro pretty well.

The MK 3D/PS2 era in general is overhated. Armageddon and such was shit, will give you that, but Deception remains one of the most loved games in the series to this day, tho easy to overlook I guess when being the one good apple out of a bad bunch.

Never played Deception. Brought Armageddon back to Gamestop, but in retrospect the Tekken like 3d game style was such a turn off, I probably wasn't giving the game a fair chance.

Xbox and PS2 versions of Deception seem pretty cheap. Hmm...

Kazenji
Wonder which movie characters that they're going to add to this installment.

Estacado

Khan is easily the Best boss imo.

So Im happy he is playable.

I want a new design for Sub-Zero As well hoping Rain and Tremor return...

Maybe we Will get Spawn this time..

cdtm
Wish they'd bring back all the mini games, MK Kart, Battle Chess, the works.

Estacado
Mmm customization....Injustice Kombat 11...313

G5V3xA53FBM

Ridley_Prime
Wish they'd bring back all the mini games, MK Kart, Battle Chess, the works.
You're definitely not alone there. Chess Kombat was introduced in Deception btw, while "Motor Kombat" was one of the only good things Armageddon had. If you was ever to try out Deception though, would say the free roam Konquest story mode is pretty much the highlight, which also acts as a training tutorial for the fighters and everything.

Mmm customization....Injustice Kombat 11...313

G5V3xA53FBM
At least it'll be customization in a game I care for. A new MK I'm pretty much bound to at least get no matter what, but Injustice 2 took away too much of what I liked in the first game and had too many character additions & cuts I didn't like for me to be anywhere as invested with it.

quanchi112
Want Voldemort and Azog as film add ons.

Kazenji
Other folks on here might not have enjoyed Injustice 2, But i got something out it that's all that matters for me.

quanchi112
Raiden as a villain also sounds awesome. Only legit great good guy in the game to me.

cdtm
They're back to Dark Raiden? He's another reason I'm seriously thinking about getting Deception.

Especially if the local Game Xchange has it. Couldn't cost more then 5 dollars, if it's going around for 2-3 (Before you get to shipping) online.

quanchi112
Raiden might be fully dark now. I also want Onaga back. Interesting villain.

cdtm
7 dollars. For the Xbox one.

PS2, is 17. eek!

For a "premium" version, but think I'd rather get it for Xbox, because better upscaling on a 360, and probably real widescreen support (Better check and make sure it wasn't one of those games that needed a patch..)

quanchi112
I am very happy to get Shao Kahn back.

Estacado
So when someone asked McFarlene if Spawn will be in MK11 he answered "I believe he is on his way"...

Here is hoping...

Ridley_Prime
I think I heard about that. Nice.

As for Dark Raiden, I hope he's not too much of the focus on the antagonist side. Should be Onaga imo whose return is long overdue. Plus the idea of Dark Raiden to my understanding is that he isn't really evil, so much as he is an edgelord who protects Earthrealm through ruthless means by needlessly killing/destroying things. I don't know, but I never liked the concept that much and prefer the normal uncorrupted Raiden, even if he isn't perfect and makes plenty mistakes in the story.

Raiden has never been boss-like either, so having him as like a final boss would be a bit underwhelming, but I expect that may be what we end up getting. Will have to see.

Estacado
Full roster leaked by the famous Injustice 2 leaker dude...

ZdgLbGICcBE

Ridley_Prime
Interesting. Honestly seems like a more passable base roster than the one MKX had, tho not as different as I hoped either. Wanted some of like the kombat kiddies to be gone who I didnt really care for, minus Takeda.

Estacado
Yeah it kinda meh....

Curious about the new character Gyros or whatever he is called...

Ridley_Prime
Looking at it closer now as well as the comments and things, I really have to question this roster, despite being uploaded by an IJ2 leaker. If it's all real though, definitely has some strong pros and cons.

The pros for me being

Rain
Johnny Cage still being around and not missing due to some "getting too old for this" shit
Noob Saibot
Smoke
Goro
Shang Tsung (**** yeah)
Fujin (also **** yeah I guess)

And the cons being

Frost
All the kombat kiddies back
Sindel but no Nightwolf?
As well as some other missing favorites like Ermac, etc.

To say I'm really conflicted is an understatement.

Also would have to wonder how the likes of Cyrax would be back but not Sektor.

Daegon would be an odd random choice too...

edit: Oh yeah, just occurred to me, but with how close we already are to release, I guess there won't be some prequel comics to promote the game like there was with MKX huh? Shame.

Ridley_Prime
Oh, the first kombat pack is said to include

Ermac
Li Mei
Nightwolf
Nimbus
Michael Myers
Pennywise

Cool as like Michael Myers would be, this is all really questionable if you ask me.

Estacado
Oh didnt notice Rain at first Im happy about him.

Cant care about new kids on the block.

Pennywise sounds fun.

Spawn should have been in there but Im phuckin tired about bringing him up again and again.

Also getting tired of human serial killers as dlc give us more horror creatures instead.

cdtm
So when someone asked McFarlene if Spawn will be in MK11 he answered "I believe he is on his way"...

Here is hoping...

Sounds like a contractor telling a client "Two weeks!" for a job. That's his way of saying it ain't happening.

Ridley_Prime
Oh didnt notice Rain at first Im happy about him.

Cant care about new kids on the block.

Pennywise sounds fun.

Spawn should have been in there but Im phuckin tired about bringing him up again and again.

Also getting tired of human serial killers as dlc give us more horror creatures instead.
Helps that Michael Myers is my favorite serial killer/slasher icon, but I get where you're coming from. With how solid the kombat pack 1 looks though if true minus Ermac who ought to be in the base roster, actually makes me more hopeful for the eventual kombat pack 2.

KCJ506
No D'Vorah? Yeah, this is exactly why I tend to take these "leaks" with a grain of salt.

Ridley_Prime
I found her missing strange as well. Thought she was liked/received well enough, though she might be even more hated for killing Mileena, so IDK.

Ridley_Prime
Yeah, looks like Boon denied said leak, so back to square one for the people who think they know it all.

https://twitter.com/noobde/status/1076573549907849216?s=20

quanchi112
April besides being the month of my day of birth sees Endgame and now Mk. Great month.

cdtm
Kind of surprised Doomguys never been in a MK. Seems like a natural crossover.

Ridley_Prime
Kinda mixed on the Skarlet redesign. Geras is a cool new character. Plenty interesting things shown in the stream earlier.

Kazenji
Good to see Baraka back.

Estacado
Geras moveset Looking sweet his design is pretty avarage however...

Ridley_Prime
He has rock moves like Tremor.

Estacado
I know thats why I like him.

Plus that whole rewind move on his fatal blow looks awesome.

Fatality was ok at Best.

Bro SMASH
I'm liking what I'm seeing, so far.

-Pr-
I like the gameplay. Not a fan of the Skarlet redesign though.

cdtm
I think I heard about that. Nice.

As for Dark Raiden, I hope he's not too much of the focus on the antagonist side. Should be Onaga imo whose return is long overdue. Plus the idea of Dark Raiden to my understanding is that he isn't really evil, so much as he is an edgelord who protects Earthrealm through ruthless means by needlessly killing/destroying things. I don't know, but I never liked the concept that much and prefer the normal uncorrupted Raiden, even if he isn't perfect and makes plenty mistakes in the story.

Raiden has never been boss-like either, so having him as like a final boss would be a bit underwhelming, but I expect that may be what we end up getting. Will have to see.

Dollars to donuts, Dark Raiden is the final boss. We already got a game where he was just there, can't see them doing it again without big plans.

The hero will, of course, be Fujin.

Ridley_Prime
Apparently the time lady (forgot her name) was said to be the boss in part of the stream. At least is something new, though I will admit finally seeing how Raiden tortured and beheaded Shinnok was badass.

Estacado
Its official now each character has multiple intro and outros from which you can choose from...

Estacado
Damn the visuals and coolness of these fatalities are amazing...
Scorpion has the Best so far, Geras is the only lame one for me...

xEKEzjNatDY

Kazenji
Watched Angry Joe's review with Ed Boon, Boon says that the Time God woman has been manipulating events since the first MK game.

Estacado
People want Shaggy to be playable...

There is already a petition with more then 300.000 signs...

cdtm
Shaggy Doo? In MK11.. eek!

Nemesis X
Shaggy probably has more of a chance being in the game than Spawn sadly.

Estacado
haermm

So true.

Ridley_Prime
Ultra Instinct Shaggy has become such a meme that even Ed Boon has contributed to.

Estacado
Fatality should be him force feeding the opponent with scooby snacks till they explode....

KCJ506
Fatality should be him force feeding the opponent with scooby snacks till they explode....

And the second one has his opponent being run over by the Mystery Machine.

Kazenji
yUkL8RdG1p4

Estacado
I like the fatality.

D'vorah also got revealed.

Ridley_Prime
B-b-but teh posted leak didn't have D'Vorah on the list!

She looks alright for a returning character I guess, but more impressed with Kabal here.

Kazenji
Ended up looking up how Kabal got his Flash like speed power. Something to do with his time in Outworld.

Nemesis X
The only reason I'm glad D'vorah's in is Mileena will get her chance at revenge here soon.

https://img.fireden.net/co/image/1522/44/1522449709959.jpg

Estacado
Kitana and Rain can be also found as characters in the menu.

Kitana's is used for Kostumize, Rain is for Konquest.

Hope they make it.

Estacado
A source code for trophies has been leaked confirming Rain and Erron.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Nemesis X
The only reason I'm glad D'vorah's in is Mileena will get her chance at revenge here soon.

https://img.fireden.net/co/image/1522/44/1522449709959.jpg

So some of that MK comic was canon?

Ridley_Prime
It's all canon. There was just bad communication between the comic writer and NRS which led to some inconsistencies, but Kittelsen who wrote the comic series I hear is involved with MK11's story now, so it's all good, if so.

Estacado
So it means Tremor can solo a Shokan army...313

Estacado
Jade, Frost, Kotal, Kung Lao, Jackie are also confirmed via the trophies source code.

Ridley_Prime
*Jacqui

Female Sub-Zero is one of the lamest characters by far, even out of those from the 3D era, but was expected eventually.

Estacado
Heard they are revealing Sindel today.

Nemesis X
Heard they are revealing Sindel today.

Nope.

m5Blrq61208

Ridley_Prime
lol, Sindel. Jade has the best revenant design by far. Too bad Frost will probably be revealed next though.

Estacado
Im not a Jade fan but her moves look dope...

Estacado
Barakas's 2nd fatality looks much better..

iOphANzna2g

Kazenji
Are people still trying to get Shaggy into this game?

Ridley_Prime
Don't think so, though how much of it was serious and how much of it was just a meme?

KCJ506
Don't think so, though how much of it was serious and how much of it was just a meme?

Unfortunately, there were many people that thought/wanted it to happen. Common sense is a rare gift.

Kazenji
Is that where the internet's sudden obsession for Shaggy came from?

Ridley_Prime
Bayonetta...?

https://comicbook.com/gaming/2019/02/19/bayonetta-creator-teases-crossover-with-mortal-kombat-11/

Not sure how I'd feel about her in the game. Would be surprised that they'd allow her head to be ripped off and stuff more than anything I guess.

KCJ506
Bayonetta's creator is apparently okay with her being killed.

https://twitter.com/PG_kamiya/status/1098055206175006721? ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etw
eet

At least there won't be a special treatment with her like they did with Kratos if she ends up being in the game.

quanchi112
Needs Voldemort. Wanting this for a while or Azog or Sauron.

cdtm
Bayonetta's creator is apparently okay with her being killed.

https://twitter.com/PG_kamiya/status/1098055206175006721? ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etw
eet

At least there won't be a special treatment with her like they did with Kratos if she ends up being in the game.

That was stupid. It's non canon, and Mortal Kombat, yet they ask for special treatment.

I mean, DC just did a Masters of the Universe crossover where Injustice Superman gets killed. They could do that, because it's non canon (Injustice itself isn't canon, making it a non canon side story of a non canon side story smile )

KCJ506
That was stupid. It's non canon, and Mortal Kombat, yet they ask for special treatment.

I mean, DC just did a Masters of the Universe crossover where Injustice Superman gets killed. They could do that, because it's non canon (Injustice itself isn't canon, making it a non canon side story of a non canon side story smile )

It was Sony that wanted Kratos to have different animations when a fatality was done on him. And to be fair, out of the fatality treatments that Kratos got, him not running around in terror when Ermac shrinks him actually made sense since he is not scared of anything and has fought people twice his size.

Estacado
So Johnny pretty much got confirmed.

Bayonetta might be a guest?

Ridley_Prime
https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2019/feb/24/shang-tsungs-film-actor-teasing-characters-inclusion-mortal-kombat-11/

Yes please. First Cage and now him teased? This is boding quite well.

Kazenji
mv6Dskj2VC0

-Pr-
God dammit now I want to play it. Dem references.

Estacado
Lmfao that is the coolest Johnny fatality ever!!

His moveset is also dope!!!

Ridley_Prime
So anyone seen the leaks? Mixed bag with some more fan favorites unfortunately missing again, but if all the remaining unlockable characters are who they say they are, then I'm still more pleased in the end than I thought, especially after Injustice 2's roster.

Bentley
That Johny Cage fatality deserves a thumb up

Estacado
So like 80% of the roster is leaked.

Shinnok is in there is a New character who looks like a Predator.

Also there were some leaks of Shang Tsung's model having the facial expression of the actor from the OG movie.

Also Frost but no Rain? ermm

Ridley_Prime
Reptile and Ermac also missing supposedly, so Rain's not alone there. At least Noob Saibot's back.

Cassie and Jacqui back but no Takeda is kind of a bummer, but stranger things have happened. Kung Jin won't be missed though.

But between Shang and Mileena being back along with Noob Saibot, it's still a solid return of fan favorites in addition to the others already revealed, despite some more favorites missing now. /shrug

KCJ506
If the leaked roster is true, then it'll actually have more MK-UMK3 characters than MKX had.

Ridley_Prime
Which I would kinda argue makes it better than MKX roster on that alone, even though Ermac, Tremor, and such will be missed. Was hoping for Nightwolf too after Kabal, but will take what I can get.

Nemesis X
And even while I would like Bo Rai Cho back also, the leaked roster doesn't sound too bad. It definitely could've been worse.

Estacado
Still I liked both the MK9 and MKX roster better so far...hope that changes...

https://cdn.gamerant.com/wp-content/uploads/Gamerant-MK11-Leaked-Roster-738x410.jpg.optimal.jpg

Ridley_Prime

-Pr-
Story trailer:

jPeVbTD63aw

Ridley_Prime
Guess I was wrong that preorder bonus Shao Kahn would have no part in the story like Goro and such before him, but at least will get to likely see how Shao vs Kotal Kahn plays out, among other things.

Estacado
Cassie looks As meh As ever....damn her fatalities are cringy...

Ridley_Prime

Kazenji
Same shit as Darkseid for Injustice 2.

Nemesis X
Or Tira for Soul Calibur 6 but let's not pretend like a character getting locked out is a huge surprise anymore.

Kazenji
Cassie looks As meh As ever....damn her fatalities are cringy...

I disagree

She looks alot better then what she did in Mortal Kombat X.

Ridley_Prime
Yeah, the Shao Kahn thing is more comparable to Tira in SC6, who had story content in the base game, but was locked out of it behind the fighter pass. At least Goro and Darkseid in the last NRS games I could kinda stomach to a point since they were just bonus characters who had no part in the story or anything, but now... Eh, I suppose it's a distinction without a difference, but phuck the preorder character BS in general. I'm fine with getting MK11 without preordering. Don't feel I'll suffer without Shao Kahn who I wasn't that particularly hyped for anyway.

Yeah, Cassie looks better here than she did in MKX, though not much a fan of her.

Estacado
I disagree

She looks alot better then what she did in Mortal Kombat X.
She does still thats not saying much....haermm

Kazenji
I guess...depends how low your expectations are.

Ridley_Prime
CS5rCkskI2g

Looks badass as ever. Shang Tsung as the first DLC though instead of being in the base game, thumb down thumb down thumb down.

Estacado
God damn Noob looks awesome!!!

Ridley_Prime
8XuFBYeyBps

The presentation of him is good at least. He's indeed based on the Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa version in the movie, even voiced by him it seems. Hyped for the character itself, but would be even more hype if he wasn't DLC. ermm

Would've been fine if it was someone like Michael Myers or a less expected MK character as the first shown DLC, showing a glimpse of them like when they first showed Jason in MKX, but now we know Shang Tsung could have been completed and easily included in the base roster. Showing off DLC characters before you even reveal the entire base roster is dumb regardless though. Don't like how MK has been marketed for awhile. The roster leak was sadly the most interesting pre-release hype we got here.

I feel almost certain now too that Mileena and the others like Shinnok who were initially leaked with Shang will be DLC as well. thumb down

Eon Blue

Tzeentch
zPPbdSK_lrY
It looks pretty fun baka desu senpai

Estacado
Holly t1ts!

Cetrion looks dope!

Ridley_Prime
She looks... okay, but more invested with the likes of Noob Saibot and Shang.

Kazenji
I watched Maximilian's take on that new character, Points out she Seems like a character that would fit into the Injustice universe.

Ridley_Prime
She does seem like Poison Ivy or something but tweaked for MK, so I can see that.

Some interesting tidbit I found on her.

https://i.imgur.com/JZJr0n6.png

So basically, they took the elemental gods from the Sub-Zero Mythologies spinoff (Earth, Wind, Water, and Fire) and combined them into one character moveset.

Nemesis X
If I didn't know any better, I'd say she is the elemental gods from Mythologies fused together. Must've split into four to guard the amulet that would free Shinnok. Being his sister, makes sense.

Estacado
She is.

Estacado
Kollektor lookin good!!

Ridley_Prime
Compared to the polarized Cetrion, this actually feels like an MK character to me.

Estacado
I like how he is a mix of a warlock and an assassin.

Fatality is only ok tho...

Ridley_Prime
Having four arms is interesting for someone whose not a Shokan too I guess.

Is basically the Mileena 2nd fatality from MKX, except she made it look grotesque, while his is just kinda there.

Kazenji
Smh at Youtube these days over MK, They think Mortal Kombat is actual violence.

Kazenji
evyDj9v0zI0

Estacado
Both of them look great!

So the datamining showed 13 DLC characters all together.

Ridley_Prime
Kitana having sais and tele-kicks doesnt seem to bode well for Mileena. smh

That is more than I expected for DLC though. Interesting.

Nemesis X
Kitana with Mileena moves. Why not next MK, we make Sub Zero a variation for Scorpion. The disrespect.

Kazenji
7tZSHK3XKOQ

I like what they did with the song from the first Mortal Kombat movie.

Ridley_Prime
Surprisingly nice remix, yeah. Also may be building up hype toward the eventual MK movie reboot.

Estacado
^
Thoughts on Khan gameplay?

It looks good but for some reason Im not that impressed..

KCJ506
I hope the DLC doesn't contain any characters that were playable in MKX. I'd prefer ones that haven't been playable in a while. Especially ones that haven't been playable since before the reboot.

Ridley_Prime
^
Thoughts on Khan gameplay?

It looks good but for some reason Im not that impressed..
Yeah, Shao Kahn just looks like more of the same, but fans wanted him back, so here we are. Goro in MKX was definitely more hype, at least for me.

KCJ506
DLC characters possibly leaked.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Mortalkombatleaks/comments/bf2kis/from_the_switch_leaked_files/?ref=share&ref_source=embed&utm_content=title&utm_medium=post_embed&utm_name=84f37cfb61ac407bb20ce0a1a714047c&utm_source=embedly&utm_term=bf2kis

DependencyRootPaths=$GameDir$\Content\DLC\ShangTsu
ng

DependencyRootPaths=$GameDir$\Content\DLC\Joker

DependencyRootPaths=$GameDir$\Content\DLC\Nightwol
f

DependencyRootPaths=$GameDir$\Content\DLC\Terminat
or

DependencyRootPaths=$GameDir$\Content\DLC\Sindel

DependencyRootPaths=$GameDir$\Content\DLC\Spawn

DependencyRootPaths=$GameDir$\Content\DLC\Ash

DependencyRootPaths=$GameDir$\Content\DLC\Fujin

DependencyRootPaths=$GameDir$\Content\DLC\Sheeva

What makes me a bit skeptical about this is that there are 9 characters listed instead of 12. If this is true, I hope it only shows 9 listed because KP2 is nowhere near close to being released and the final three are still far off in development.

Ridley_Prime
Pennywise and Michael Myers got cucked if this list is true. Shame, though most of the other guest choices make up for it.

Mixed on the choices for MK characters though. I too would kinda prefer seeing more characters that haven't been playable since before the reboot/MK9, but the hate for the 3D era is too strong for many to ever be given a chance again, so we mostly get MK9 characters that were missing in X (again, assuming that list is true).

Even as one who doesn't care for the throwaway characters from back then like Hsu Hao, seeing stuff like the intro with Erron Black carrying his decapitated head is getting repetitively tasteless (Scorpion killing him in the comics was enough). I probably wouldn't even remember the likes of Hsu Hao if not for people (and NRS) with the obsessive hate memes. It's funny though when the current Kano has pretty much all of Hsu Hao's assets, including the cybernetic chest piece.

That said, some OG characters like Kano just feel like they're here at this point for the sake of it now. If you want more roster variety from game to game, there can't always be this many OG's tbqh. Most of my favorites are from the MK1 -3 era too, but still, it gets stale after awhile. More people are slowly starting to realize this now, at least.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>