Fix DCEU

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

dynamix
ok, the executives at Warner Bros. gives you full power to fix the DCEU. How would you turn it around?

SquallX

NemeBro
Salt the earth. Reboot the franchise. Too many shitty ideas have taken root and set a precedence that can't be escaped from. The garbage aesthetic, for example.

Impediment
At this point, my initial response is to reboot the entire franchise and start over from square one.

That, or a Crisis on Infinite Earths-esque story line to remove and erase a lot of shit.

CPT Space Bomb
I was calling for a reboot after the tragedy that was BVS. But not many people wanted to take their head out of the sand. After Suicide Squad though it was becoming more obvious even to defenders of the DCEU.

SquallX

Kazenji
^ Must be the extended cut that they released on dvd/Blu-ray.

Drsoe08

BruceSkywalker
nothing its dead . let it stay did..
two options, sell all dc properties to disney..

2nd option a total and complete reboot by hiring better writers and directors.. have a plan.. don;t just announce something and keep in developmental hell. don't tell the whole f$cking story in the trailers.

also hire d list and f list actors/actresses

TheVaultDweller
Restart from scratch and do not try playing catch-up with Marvel. I think one of the big problems with this universe was they were trying to build something up in half the time the MCU did it, but without the clear plan and leadership the MCU has in Kevin Feige. So, we ended up with things like BvS before we'd even gotten a proper solo Batman film.

The reason the MCU works is because they didn't rush it. I mean now they drop a couple movies a year, but it wasn't like that initially. They were ironing out the formula first. Taking their time. DC just skipped that and went HAM, and it blew up in their faces. Which irritates me, because if you look at the animated films, you know they can do it if they take the time to do it properly.

playa1258
Aquaman will be the start of the DCEU 2.0. They should focus on making good films first and hire directors with proven track records and let them do their thing.

Khazra Reborn
Start over. Write better stories, play to your characters strengths, i.e don't try and make Superman a Moody edge Lord. Don't rush anything, Marvel has 10 years on you, cranking out bull shit won't change that.

HulkIsHulk
The execs stop butting in where they have no business and let the directors do their thing

The Spectre+
They could borrow the reality stone from thanos and erase zack snyder and the rest from the past....

TheVaultDweller
Why on Earth they gave it to him is beyond me. I mean as far back as interviews during Watchmen, he was talking about ideas like having Bruce raped in prison if he did a Batman movie. Obviously, that didn't actually end up in the film, but it should have been early warning signs about Snyder's vision.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by dynamix
ok, the executives at Warner Bros. gives you full power to fix the DCEU. How would you turn it around?

It cannot be fixed.

Sell it to Disney (as Bruce already mentioned) or terminate it.

Estacado
At this point its kinda phucked...even if they reboot it I just cant give a phuck about another Batman or Superman movie.

Same goes for further DC movies.....

Inhuman
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Why on Earth they gave it to him is beyond me. I mean as far back as interviews during Watchmen, he was talking about ideas like having Bruce raped in prison if he did a Batman movie. Obviously, that didn't actually end up in the film, but it should have been early warning signs about Snyder's vision.

Because of his wife, Deborah Snyder , a higher up at WB

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by Inhuman
Because of his wife, Deborah Snyder , a higher up at WB

So, we basically got the absolute turd of a film that was BvS because of nepotism?

Inhuman
So, we basically got the absolute turd of a film that was BvS because of nepotism?

That and the fact that the higher ups at WB's have no ****ing clue of what they are doing.

https://i.imgur.com/MK4hWKd.png

TheVaultDweller
That and the fact that the higher ups at WB's have no ****ing clue of what they are doing.

laughing

That... is actually pretty funny to me.

NemeBro

https://i.imgur.com/MK4hWKd.png This can't be real. laughing out loud

BackFire
I would do what I suspect they're going to do in the next few years and engage in a soft reboot of sorts. They're doing the Flashpoint movie at some point, which for those that don't know led to the soft reboot of the comic books. The comics that were successful basically continued as they were, and the ones that weren't got rebooted to various degrees. Do the same with the movies. There's no reason to reboot, say, Wonder Woman, because Wonder Woman was a huge success. If Aquaman is a success later, no need to reboot that.

Otherwise, I think you can reboot most other aspects and characters. Maybe keep Superman but change Lex Luthor.

Anyways, once rebooted, engage in solo movies exclusively for a while like Marvel did originally. DC shit the bed by trying to rush into team up movies too quickly. It just makes the movies feel too busy, as they have to do too many things, otherwise. Do a solo Batman movie, solo Flash movie, maybe another solo Superman movie, another Wonder Woman movie, and so on. Then once the characters and the universe has been fleshed out and developed properly, do another Justice League/team up movie.

Also management shouldn't micromanage the movies as much as they apparently do. Let the directors do their thing, and hire brave and creative directors like Marvel does and just let them do their thing. Hire directors that maybe have only done indie films. Don't have "have a big budget film under your belt already" as a requirement.

Also lay out a foundation to build towards a bit super event/crossover story like Infinity War. If it were up to me, I'd have Blackest Night be the big ultimate crossover movie that they build up to for a long long time. I loved that one and think it would make a really awesome movie or two. Could have some cool horror elements, could be really dark if they wanted to go that route. Would be unique compared to something like Infinity War.

Estacado

Where Dc is at now.....they should should make this movie.

Since we have JL now they could make a JLAirforce movie where every league member drives a jet...

The Spectre+
Originally posted by Estacado
Where Dc is at now.....they should should make this movie.

Since we have JL now they could make a JLAirforce movie where every league member drives a jet...

laughcry You're Joking Right?

WolvesofBabylon
Aquaman is really make or break for me. I like Cavill as Superman after JL. I feel that was a good reboot on that character. Gadot and Batfleck are also good.

BvS really screwed things up. Lex was terrible. Cramming Doomsday in there was a waste. That could have a been a two part Man of Steel series instead. DC just got too far ahead of themselves and tried to just throw Supes and Batman together and made a mess

Flyattractor

laughing

That... is actually pretty funny to me.

Originally posted by NemeBro
This can't be real. laughing out loud

This WB Shit always reminds me of this....

Wo2KB1dEDdk

53hMYw8LX60

NemeBro
Yeah that's what I thought of too, the giant spider shit lol.

Femi32
I wish you said Time Warner giving executive power instead of WB. Nevertheless,......

1. Continue the movies that are already on pre/post-production (WW2, Aquaman, Shazam).

2. Form DC Studios filled with DC Executives, Bruce Timm, and the Young Justice Creators to brainstorm a new DC Universe and search for talent that can make good movies. They can even get producers from WB to get things rolling.

3. Separate DC Studios from WB so that they only answer to Time Warner.

4. Make pseudo-origin films on Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman and full origin films on Flash and Green Lantern. Aquaman could probably get a pseudo one too, depending on how his film turns out.

5. Have top notch casting. The people chosen need to feel like the comic has come to life.

6. General Zod is barred from being a Superman villain until further notice. Batman must also be a detective in his films and Superman and Lex Luther need to have their super intelligence on display.

7. Solo films are their own thing and don't lead to an event film.

8. After credit scenes lead to an event film.

9. Introduce Dick Grayson in the 2nd or 3rd Batman film so we can eventually get a Teen Titans movie.

10. Put heroes like Batwoman and Static Shock on HBO to expand the rebooted DC Universe.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by NemeBro
Salt the earth. Reboot the franchise. Too many shitty ideas have taken root and set a precedence that can't be escaped from. The garbage aesthetic, for example.

Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb
I was calling for a reboot after the tragedy that was BVS. But not many people wanted to take their head out of the sand. After Suicide Squad though it was becoming more obvious even to defenders of the DCEU. Agreed with these. I love Cavill and Gadot in their roles but not enough to overlook Flash and EisenLex. It all needs to be torched.

https://i.imgur.com/MK4hWKd.png Jesus

https://media.giphy.com/media/O5NyCibf93upy/giphy.gif

quanchi112

cdtm
Hand over production to Marvel. Problem solved.

Flyattractor
But I want Better Movies. Not just Ok Movies.

quanchi112

dynamix
i personally feel they should go all the way dark. like "R" rated dark. marvel/disney has already cornered the feel good/light mood stuff and to imitate that (as they did with Justice League) is disastrous. They need to just go all the way in and tap into the Vertigo side as well.

quanchi112

dynamix
quan don't make me have to kick you in the back of the head.

quanchi112

dynamix
lol it was a joke man. i still think they should go all out. its on life support and needs the proper "shock" factor to re-establish.

quanchi112

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
WB should be asking "Why would anyone care since they themselves do not."

playa1258
They need to stop worrying about competing and just make good films. Everything will fall in place if they do that.

Flyattractor
Nope. Never Happen.

sgqWHF1X5Kk

quanchi112
Originally posted by playa1258
They need to stop worrying about competing and just make good films. Everything will fall in place if they do that. Quit trying to steal my reasoning, kid.

Flyattractor
Talk about a Minor Offence.

StiltmanFTW
Why are you even still allowed to post?

quanchi112
No one likes fly.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Why are you even still allowed to post?

You are such a Free Speech Hater.

Originally posted by quanchi112
No one likes fly.

Hugs and Kisses Big Boy.

StiltmanFTW
You're just obnoxious.

dynamix

dynamix
U*

StiltmanFTW
He hasn't seen those movies. You're talking to a mentally challenged person who never left his parents' basement.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Flyattractor
You are such a Free Speech Hater.

Hugs and Kisses Big Boy. You are odd.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
He hasn't seen those movies. You're talking to a mentally challenged person who never left his parents' basement.

I saw Thor:Rag. It was a Fun Mess.

cool

StiltmanFTW
Where did you see it?

Flyattractor
On the Rainbow Bridge. Skurge was having a kegger to show off when he brought Des and Troy Home.

That wasn one Kicking TEX-ASS party.

StiltmanFTW
There's nothing worse than typing shit in green and not even being familiar with your language.

Flyattractor
Dropping the "He aint seen the movie" shtick already?

Mmmyeah OK.

StiltmanFTW
Find something better to do with your time than attempting to troll this old message board.

Flyattractor
But I like talking about Movies on the Old MB.

You are the one that is getting all GWUMPY BOTTOM'Ed!

StiltmanFTW
As if you ever had something to say about anything.

Try reading your own posts. You'll get a stroke.

Flyattractor
Nah.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.