Star Wars has been dethroned

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

quanchi112

DarthAnt66
Jokes aside, The Force Awakens actually made just as much / more money than Infinity War when adjusted for inflation for opening weekend.

quanchi112

DarthAnt66
Well, The Force Awakens will still probably beat Infinity War at the box office, and Solo absolutely destroyed Black Panther in pre-ticket sales, so I think Star Wars is fine.

FreshestSlice
Infinity War probably isn't going to out earn TFA. That said, it definitely shows which franchise is stronger than the other among the fanbase. Note to the wise.

quanchi112

Zenwolf
1 movie.

But yeah, nice...I guess. Though with the way the ST is going, I'm not really all that thrilled about it.

Trocity
Lmao who cares?

quanchi112
Kevin Feige and Kathleen Kennedy.

Kurk
Originally posted by Trocity
Lmao who cares?
Ikr; like who da fuq wanks off to some movie (wth is MCU btw?) having higher ticket sales?

quanchi112

Kurk

Freedon Nadd
Star Wars is an obsolete franchise.

Darth Thor
Infinity War is still $500million away from beating Force Awakens world wide.

Probably wont do it now with Deadpool and Solo coming out.

And IW is not even close to TFAs domestic numbers.

So TFA is ahead in every financial way. Hence only a dummy would brag about it dethroning Star Wars at this point.

Azronger
Tbh I hope Disney Wars gets dethroned.

Nephthys
I'd say that the MCU could be labelled as this generations Star Wars, but since the sequel trilogy is coming out right now there's no need to 'dethrone' anything. Both are cultural landmarks existing concurrently atm.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Nephthys
I'd say that the MCU could be labelled as this generations Star Wars,

Agreed. And Thanos could well be this generation's Vader.

But Star Wars has been a massive franchise for generations. The MCU isn't there yet.

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Jokes aside, The Force Awakens actually made just as much / more money than Infinity War when adjusted for inflation for opening weekend.
It's pretty telling how big star wars is that a reboot throwing away the original work's ending can match the well made culmination of ten years of character focused films following a clear, unwavering vision.

OFC, MCU will remain the big boy because of how many more movies it makes.

Darth Thor
Its the consistent quality of those numerous movies which has given the MCU the goodwill it has today.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Its the consistent quality of those numerous movies which has given the MCU the goodwill it has today.

Consistent? I dunno, some of these movies from what I've heard/read, it's been varied from awesome to just great/ok.

Unless you're meaning the movies not dipping into horrible quality, then alright.

quanchi112

Darth Thor
What the heck does Domestic Opening Weekend mean when IW isn't even coming close to TFA's domestic numbers? You sound like Zack/Golgo going on about Wonder Woman being the no.1 domestic movie of last year, when all the Marvel movies crushed it in worldwide figures.

Come and brag once IW has dethroned TFA worldwide. I hope it does because IW was Epic, and TFA sucked. But your bragging has come wayyy to early.

Yes Marvel movies are far superior to Disney Star Wars films. Which is why Black Panther grossed more than TLJ. Consistent Quality will beat Consistent Trash in the end.

quanchi112

JKBart
i'm alright with this, mcu deserves this

quanchi112
Originally posted by JKBart
i'm alright with this, mcu deserves this thumb up

Raptor22
Yeah I agree with Quan (Raptor22 said as an icy mist began to form in hell). IW was excellent and MCU is pumping out far better quality films than Star Wars.

quanchi112

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Darth Thor

Yes Marvel movies are far superior to Disney Star Wars films. Which is why Black Panther grossed more than TLJ. Consistent Quality will beat Consistent Trash in the end.

Not too much of an accomplishment...but kudos to Marvel for finding a formula that works.

Frankly though I'm beginning to think Star Wars isn't geared to having many movies. Either that or they just need better people on them...probably that yeah.

But I mean, were people really asking for more SW movies after 6? I can't really recall any clamoring or moaning that SW wasn't putting out anymore movies, seemed contented with books, TV series, comics and videogames.

Sinious

Ursumeles
MCU > SW yeah.

quanchi112

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Zenwolf
Not too much of an accomplishment...but kudos to Marvel for finding a formula that works.

Frankly though I'm beginning to think Star Wars isn't geared to having many movies. Either that or they just need better people on them...probably that yeah.

But I mean, were people really asking for more SW movies after 6? I can't really recall any clamoring or moaning that SW wasn't putting out anymore movies, seemed contented with books, TV series, comics and videogames.

I think people were content, but always dreamed of seeing the older Luke, Han.

Hence the hype for TFA.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Ursumeles
MCU > Disney SW yeah.

Corrected.

quanchi112

Freedon Nadd
Everything is better than Star Wars. LMAO

Had it not been for Lucas. Things would have stayed different.

Freedon Nadd
Originally posted by Ursumeles
MCU > SW yeah.

Sinious

quanchi112

Sinious

quanchi112

Sinious
RotS, you ****ing monkey

quanchi112

Rockydonovang
Frankly though I'm beginning to think Star Wars isn't geared to having many movies.

uhuh. That's why it has a rich expanded universe with tons of quality stories arising from it.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Rockydonovang
uhuh. That's why it has a rich expanded universe with tons of quality stories arising from it.

Seem optimistic there and other material is fine, I'm just talking movies as so far the ST is....somewhere, disconnected with plot points set up in TFA, only to be discarded or ignored in TLJ.

Rogue One was ok.

Solo looks.....eh?

DarthSkywalker0
Quanchi, if you just adjust for inflation TFA beat IW in the Opening Weekend.

Darth Thor
Even if we put inflation aside, Domestic OW is a retarded record to brag about now, given IW is not even close to TFAs domestic or worldwide numbers.

If it beats TFA worldwide, then brag, but with Deadpool2 and Solo coming out, that seems unlikely.

relentless1
what do you care Quan? you got a financial stake in MCU? No? then why flap your gums about something that youre just a sycophantic fan over honestly?

Having said that IW shits on the new trilogy so far

quanchi112

quanchi112

Darth Thor
So basically he pretend jumped on Star Wars when he realised TFA would be bigger than any Marvel film, but now hes able to fully embrace Marvel and trash on Star Wars again.

quanchi112

JKBart
i mean, guys, it's not like Star Wars receives a beating because MCU is better lol

Star Wars gets great money and wins hard at the cinema. It's an insanely successful brand, earning insane loads of $$$, expanding continuously.

It's not an anti-feat for Star Wars that MCU gets better revenue. It's a feat for MCU that it's growing even bigger than a brand as epic as SW.

quanchi112

The.D0minator
imagine thinking superheroes are comparable to fcking star wars

quanchi112

Trocity
Infjnity War was def better than either episode 7 or 8.

Rockydonovang
is there a reason people keep acting like star wars produces anywhere near as many movies as marvel?

It's irrelevant if tfa can beat out infinity war. TFA can't beat the assembly line of blockbusters marvel keeps moving along.

Rockydonovang
Seem optimistic there and other material is fine, I'm just talking movies as so far the ST is....somewhere, disconnected with plot points set up in TFA, only to be discarded or ignored in TLJ.

Rogue One was ok.

Solo looks.....eh?
The ST was set up to repeat the OT. It doesn't matter how much narrative potential the sw universe has if you're gonna retell the same story.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Rockydonovang
is there a reason people keep acting like star wars produces anywhere near as many movies as marvel?

It's irrelevant if tfa can beat out infinity war. TFA can't beat the assembly line of blockbusters marvel keeps moving along.

Good point.

But BP beating TLJ, and IW coming even close to TFA just shows the MCU can be as popular as well.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.