Pick your favorite film franchise and tell us why

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

quanchi112

Flyattractor
Friday The 13th. I love that franchise.

SpaceMonkey
MCU. The crossover of characters and stories and the consistency Marvel has done it with through 10 years is unparalleled.

dynamix
^^agreed. most franchises will run for maybe 4 or 5 years before relaunching and using the nostalgic force for traction but marvel's been consistent for damn 10 years! no time off and is still at high quality.

but besides marvel, its very likely star war then possibly harry potter.

JKBart
1. Star Wars
2. MCU
3. Harry Potter
4. Lord of the Rings
5. Pirates of the Caribbean
6. Matrix
7. James Bond
8. X-Men
9. Indiana Jones
10. Burton's Batman

quanchi112

JKBart
yeah right, edited, forgot it's an entire franchise not just a trilogy

quanchi112

JKBart
yeah, making top 10s is always challenging smile

WolvesofBabylon
Star Wars with MCU 2nd.

I enjoy the overall epic feeling of watching a Star Wars movie more. Thats how I would explain it. Feels like an event each time.

Robtard
Star Wars
Star Trek
LoTR
Bond
MCU

Probably my top 5 in no particular order

steverules_2
The DCEU because I hate myself

Robtard
Originally posted by steverules_2
The DCEU because I hate myself

At least say the DC Animated franchise, there's some solid films in there.

On that note, there's hints that Afleck doesn't want out now.

steverules_2

CPT Space Bomb
1. Lord of the Rings - Pretty easily. I love Tolkien's works and despite the movies being no where near as good as the books they are great nonetheless.

2. MCU- Don't really need to explain.

3. Star Wars - Used to be my #2 until the MCU became what it is. Stock continually falling thanks to the new Disney films. The OT will always be amazing though.

Robtard

playa1258
Bond
Star Wars
Star Trek
DC
MCU
LOTR
Mission Impossible

BruceSkywalker
Star Wars
MCU
Star Trek
original Friday the 13th
original Halloween
LOTR
Matrix
X-Men
in no actual order

BackFire
LOTR is my number 1. Love those films. Best world building in all of cinema.

CroftAlice
Resident Evil,it has nothing to do with the games,but I love Alice

Esau Cairn
Quan: "Let's see if you pansies have the nuts to weigh in..."

Quan: "This would be tough for me..."

Bentley
1. Planet of the Apes
2. Godzilla
3. Gamera

That's a bit clear cut. Then I'd probably do a mix up of cheese movies (like those with El Santo), good horror franchises (Evil Death, Alien), good epic movies (like Lord of the Rings), good action movies (like Mad Max), Rocky would likely be top 10 and I'd add fun adaptations (like Hellboy) to the mix. Not quite top 10: Terminator, Harry Potter, MCU, Matrix.

Kazenji
In no order

Star Wars
LoTR
Bond
MCU
Terminator (Mainly 1 & 2)
Matrix
Godzilla
Predator
Alien

CPT Space Bomb
Originally posted by BackFire
LOTR is my number 1. Love those films. Best world building in all of cinema. thumb up

Darth Thor
Star Wars
Terminators (1&2)
MCU
Star Trek
Back to the Future
Indiana Jones
Pirates of the Caribbean
TDK Trilogy
Reeves Superman (1&2)
Bond

quanchi112
Originally posted by Esau Cairn
Quan: "Let's see if you pansies have the nuts to weigh in..."

Quan: "This would be tough for me..." Its easy for the top one but a top ten is something altogether different. Your attempts at trolling leave something left to be desired.

Bentley
So many lists and so Little love for Alien and Planet of the Apes erm

Arachnid1
1. MCU - Self explanatory. I'm too much of a Spidey fanboy to not back this 100%.
2. Lord of the Rings - Tolkien world building is top notch.
3. Alien - This was tough. I wanted to include one horror franchise in my top 5, and it was difficult for me to include this over Hellraiser, but it ended up winning since Hellraiser honestly only has two quality films. I do overally prefer the concept of Hellraiser, but that franchise has been killing itself for some time.
4. Nolan Batman Franchise - These and Spiderman 2 have the best storylines and villains in super hero movies to this day. Thanos was great, but I prefered Doc Ock and Joker over him.
5. Matrix - It's a classic I grew up with. I hope they continue it someday.

relentless1
tie between MCU and Star Wars at the moment id love for DC to get in there also but they have a ways to go

Honorable mentions:

Dark Knight Trilogy
Lord of the Rings
Terminator (1&2)
Jurassic Park

quanchi112

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb
1. Lord of the Rings - Pretty easily. I love Tolkien's works and despite the movies being no where near as good as the books they are great nonetheless.

2. MCU- Don't really need to explain.

3. Star Wars - Used to be my #2 until the MCU became what it is. Stock continually falling thanks to the new Disney films. The OT will always be amazing though.
Great top 3.

MCU def for #1. I'd like to add Harry Potter. Love Mission Impossible especially because of last 3 in series. James Bond. Dark Knight.

Kazenji
I'd also add Planet of the Apes, Indiana Jones & Evil Dead to my list, I'm sure there's many more to add.

Bentley
Originally posted by Kazenji
I'd also add Planet of the Apes, Indiana Jones & Evil Dead to my list, I'm sure there's many more to add.

You just became a friend of mine.

CPT Space Bomb
Originally posted by Kazenji
I'd also add Planet of the Apes, Indiana Jones & Evil Dead to my list, I'm sure there's many more to add. Damn how did I forget about Indiana Jones? That is my #4, great call thumb up

janus77
MCU franchise: Just all round awesome fantasy and action. Aside from a very few clunkers (Dr. Strange, IM2, CA), the quality is very high and the overall universe is, naturally engrossing and more-ish.

Paranormal Activity: Not sure if it's an on-going franchise any more, but it was a brilliantly executed series of inter-linked horror films as well as a few sort of stand-alone-but-related films (Tokyo Nights and The Marked Ones).

Lord of The Rings: The original phenomenal fantasy epic. Just immense re-watchability and quality. I make a point of watching the trilogy at least once every couple of years. I think it counts as a franchise, given that The Hobbit movies are basically another dip into the same realm ...

James Bond: Cheesy and even cringe-y originally and very dull during the Pierce Brosnan-era, but reinvigorated with Daniel Craig. Just a brilliant franchise that can overcome changes in cultural tastes, political context and even new, lean and polished rivals (The Bourne Identity).

Darth Thor
^ I liked Dr. Strange.

Khazra Reborn
MCU
Universal Monsters
Hammer Horror
Terminator
Star Wars (pre-disney)
James Bond
Indiana Jones

quanchi112

Flyattractor
We really need to rename this thread to something else.

quanchi112

Flyattractor
...of Laughter at your ugly fanatical fanboy antics.

janus77
Emmmanuelle

LoTR
MCU
Paranormal Activity
BattleStar Galactica
Nolan's Batman
Millennium trilogy
The Bourne films
James Bond
The man with no name / Clint Eastwood - Sergio Leone spaghetti westerns
Page Eight/Turks & Caicos
The Exorcist
The Omen
A Nightmare On Elm Street (well, a few of them, the later stuff was shit)
Poltergeist
Amityville
Star Wars films (the originals weren't that bad)

quanchi112

Drsoe08
The Godfather, LoTR & Nolan Batman

Flyattractor

quanchi112
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Your Nutshell could use some punctuation. Dont act like you understand the nuances of the English language and the grammar that comes along with it.

quanchi112
MCU. Reveling in my all time favorire character shattering the box office records. Greatest action sequence in the history of film. Thanos is the G.O.A.T.

Eon Blue
MCU
LoTR
The Matrix
X Men
Pirates of The Caribbean

In that order. Everything varies after that.

quanchi112
Mcu is the most profitable, has the greatest characters, and is by far the most powerful cinematic universe.

playa1258
POV Pervert.

-Pr-
Star Wars. It's great.

quanchi112
Originally posted by -Pr-
Star Wars. It's great. Better than the MCU? Are you serious?

-Pr-
You said favourite. If you want to debate the merits of franchises in terms of actual movie quality, that's a different conversation.

quanchi112
You said favourite. If you want to debate the merits of franchises in terms of actual movie quality, that's a different conversation. Why is it your favorite?

-Pr-
Not sure how I'm supposed to answer that. It's like asking me why I prefer beef over chicken; I just do.

I mean sure, I'm mainly speaking about the OT here, but still.

Josh_Alexander
My top movie franchises ATM:
1. MCU
2. John Wick
3. SW
4. Deadpool
5. Hobbit

quanchi112
Not sure how I'm supposed to answer that. It's like asking me why I prefer beef over chicken; I just do.

I mean sure, I'm mainly speaking about the OT here, but still. The characters? The story? Nostalgia?

-Pr-
Originally posted by quanchi112
The characters? The story? Nostalgia?

Sure. Those and a bunch of other stuff. The costumes. The tech. The world-building. The story.

There's very little about the OT that I don't like.

quanchi112
Sure. Those and a bunch of other stuff. The costumes. The tech. The world-building. The story.

There's very little about the OT that I don't like. Do you think those movies hold up well to Infinity War? Honestly.

-Pr-
Originally posted by quanchi112
Do you think those movies hold up well to Infinity War? Honestly.

Sure; I don't see why not. Hell, you could even argue that the OT (Empire especially) surpasses it in some if not many ways.

Then again, IW isn't the best of the MCU, so it's not a fair comparison anyway.

Flyattractor
My Fav Fran changes with my mood. Might Be This, Might Be That.

I am not a Slave to just One.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Flyattractor
My Fav Fran changes with my mood. Might Be This, Might Be That.

I am not a Slave to just One. So a moody woman. Kinda new it.

Eon Blue
Fly is an emotional woman.

I choose MCU because it literally dominates over every other franchise in terms of stock, profitability, and sheer spectacle.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.