Lando spinoff annouced

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarthAnt66
http://www.premiere.fr/Cinema/News-Cinema/Exclu-Nous-pensons-que-le-prochain-spin-off-de-Star-Wars-sera-consacre-a-Lando

Haschwalth
Soon we will be getting a storm troopers tale.

|King Joker|
wwhhhyyyyyyyy

DarthAnt66
"We think that the next spin-off will be dedicated to Lando Calrissian. Of course, there are still many stories to tell about Han and Chewbacca, but Lando will be next."

It seems she's saying the next spin-off to the Solo movie (presumably will be a trilogy) is Lando, not necessarily the next film.

One Big Mob
I feel like Lando is so well received because of how smooth Billy Dee is. Same with Han of course, but at least Han was a main character that you could see a reboot to.
Lando was important of course but not on Han's level in the originals and hasn't been in the ST yet. They should at least build up some more hype with him by throwing Billy Dee in the end of the trilogy. Not sure if his appearance in Solo is enough to generate the hype with a movie named after him. Who knows though?

srug

Kurk
http://i.imgur.com/9wHUQcH.gif

Honestly they should've incorporated both of them into the same movie (like two different stories in the same time period) or have chosen one or the other. I like Lando more than Han, but probably not enough for me to dish out theatre money to see it.

Originally posted by |King Joker|
wwhhhyyyyyyyy
Surely you should be glad that Disney will be eroding away at two very masculine-like characters by incorporating strong female figures to counter them in these spin-offs smile

If they're doing a Lando movie they might as well do Jabba the Hutt shifty

I'd love to see a Jedi Dooku movie, but I don't think Disney wants to promote strong, independent-minded, non-status quo following, characters.

xPRIMEx
Next up: Jar Jar Binks spin-off

Freedon Nadd
What about a spin-off set in alternate timeline called Lord Kashyyyk: Fellowship of the Key?

Starring Vigo Mortensen as Ki-Adi-Mundi

Flyattractor
Well now that Lando is a "Pansexual" the words "SPINOFF" might be in the NO LONGER APPROPRIATE category.

QSQrmT4DufU

Darth Abonis
He's not officially getting a spinoff. Its only an idea being thrown around. I for one, love Lando but I don't think he should get a movie before Obi-Wan. I am so down for an Obi-Wan Kenobi movie!!!!

Tzeentch
Originally posted by One Big Mob
I feel like Lando is so well received because of how smooth Billy Dee is. Same with Han of course, but at least Han was a main character that you could see a reboot to.
Lando was important of course but not on Han's level in the originals and hasn't been in the ST yet. They should at least build up some more hype with him by throwing Billy Dee in the end of the trilogy. Not sure if his appearance in Solo is enough to generate the hype with a movie named after him. Who knows though?

srug Part of it I imagine is that homeboy's role as Lando in Solo is widely being reported as the best part of the film.

As well, Lando's position as a B-level character in the setting works for him more then against him in regards to potential for side stories. The fandom is going to always hold main characters under far more scrutiny then side-characters, which allows a greater degree of freedom for writers when working on those side characters.

relentless1
sooo dumb

Kurk
Who wants to see a Lobot spinoff?

Zentrex
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suL0FCe6540

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Darth Abonis
He's not officially getting a spinoff. Its only an idea being thrown around. I for one, love Lando but I don't think he should get a movie before Obi-Wan. I am so down for an Obi-Wan Kenobi movie!!!!

Whats the point in an Obi-Wan movie though?

CuckedCurry
Originally posted by |King Joker|
wwhhhyyyyyyyy

TheNuisanceBird
Them announcing Lando as pansexual doesn't make things sound anymore promising.

Kurk
Originally posted by TheNuisanceBird
Them announcing Lando as pansexual doesn't make things sound anymore promising.
George Lucas on suicide watch rn

Zentrex
Perfectly fine with Lando being pansexual, but if they're making his relationship with Han be f*cking more than what we saw in the originals, I will personally go and behead anybody who embraces this idea.

Kurk
Originally posted by Zentrex
Perfectly fine with Lando being pansexual, but if they're making his relationship with Han be f*cking more than what we saw in the originals, I will personally go and behead anybody who embraces this idea.
https://media.giphy.com/media/1mXkH6EeAEq1q/giphy.gif

Haschwalth
R2 D2 comedy movie would be >>> this.

DarthPlaguis12

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.