Israel vs Saudi Arabia

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cdtm
Which has more influence over American politics?

Aren't Saudi princes the richest people on the planet? I'm fairly certain the top 1% of Arabs have vastly more wealth and resources then Israel could possibly muster, even if every successful jew on the planet donated all of their earnings to the country. Not to mention, oil.

cdtm
Here:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/the-arab-lobby-in-america-and-influence-over-the-us

Robtard
Good question, actually. While the Saudis can most definitely afford to buy more of our politicians and money goes a long way in politics, there's still that extremely strong pro-Israel sentiment in America. We have citizens and law makers who believe "Jews are God's chosen people" and therefore Israel must be protected as if it was a fact.

ESB -1138
Originally posted by cdtm
Which has more influence over American politics?

Aren't Saudi princes the richest people on the planet? I'm fairly certain the top 1% of Arabs have vastly more wealth and resources then Israel could possibly muster, even if every successful jew on the planet donated all of their earnings to the country. Not to mention, oil.

I'd say Israel has more influence seeing as how the Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia, Mohammed bin Salman, came out saying that Israel has a right to exist and said, "In the last several decades the Palestinian leadership has missed one opportunity after the other and rejected all peace proposals it was given. It is about time the Palestinians take the proposals and agree to come to the negotiations table or shut up and stop complaining."

https://www.axios.com/saudi-crown-prince-tells-jewish-leaders-palestinians-should-take-what-they-are-offered-or-stop-complaining-1525025098-e7f0faf8-4f3f-442c-8478-6737ddb5a553.html

So, going off that, it would seem that Saudi Arabia is hoping to appear more moderate. That's why I would suggest that Israel has more influence.

Surtur
I'd say Saudi Arabia has more influence. Think about how much f*cked up shit they have done in the years past that various presidents have essentially looked the other way on. I remember it was a big deal recently cuz they let women drive lol.

Putinbot1
They are Shadow Allies, Flights from India to Israel now go over Saudi Airspace. Both are at war with Iran, the enemy of my enemy is my ally etc. MBS is very different to previous Saudi leaders. The Israeli's are flying drones over the Sinai to attack Ansir Bait etc.

As someone who lives in Riyadh for four more weeks, MBS is making sweeping changes women drive next month and we have cinemas in Riyadh now.

Robtard
Originally posted by Putinbot1
They are Shadow Allies, Flights from India to Israel now go over Saudi Airspace. Both are at war with Iran, the enemy of my enemy is my ally etc. MBS is very different to previous Saudi leaders. The Israeli's are flying drones over the Sinai to attack Ansir Bait etc.

As someone who lives in Riyadh for four more weeks, MBS is making sweeping changes women drive next month and we have cinemas in Riyadh now.

Not even sure they're hiding it anymore, their combined hatred of Iran brings them together.

Putinbot1
Originally posted by Robtard
Not even sure they're hiding it anymore, their combined hatred of Iran brings them together. Pretty much Rob.

Putinbot1
To really understand modern KSA and why MBS faces such a struggle to reform. Even to understand some of the issues with Iran. One incident is key.

https://worldview.stratfor.com/article/how-1979-siege-mecca-haunts-house-saud

Well worth a read.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.