Remastering looks like Cartoon/Greedo&Han

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarthAmadeus
I think digital remastering can work well, but I think Lucas over-gilded the lilly putting in computer animation that makes you think "oh there's a clever bit of computer animation" rather than being absorbed in the fantasy. With the two new films, especially, I thought some of the characters belonged more in a cartoo and Ja Ja Stank unless you were under thirteen years old.
Hoverm MY BIGGEST bone of contention is with Han's shooting of Greedo. This was previously a slick surprise in to end the "pleasant banter" for Greedo which gave Han a dark edge. For some reason it was changed to make it a repsonse afer Greedo's first shot. I feel this was a change that patronises the audience as if they could not accept hna as a "goodie" if he had a dark (whilst cheeky) side to him.

yerssot
well, he changed it, and you can't do anything about ....
ok you can: don't buy the ANH SE or the dvd of ANH

Ushgarak
To eliminate thoughts of Han's 'Dark Side' is exactly why GL chamged it. (shrugs). It's his decision. People don't have to like it if they don't want to. I remember the South Park creators making out that they were 'our' films as well so he had no right to change them. Twaddle.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.