morgoth vs palpatine

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

snoke123
morgoth(full power) vs palpatine(full power)

who wins?

AncientPower
This isn't even a contest, Morgoth takes out the trash.

Azronger
Not sure, depends how you interpret Tolkien.

AncientPower
Kek.

Haschwalth
Palpatine tbh.

AncientPower
Morgoth has Valar tier power. Sheev gets spited.

ares834
Depends. Full power Morgoth crushes Palps like a gnat. However, end of First Age Morgoth would lose.

One Big Mob
Morgoth's higher end is probably better though it is planetary or what have you. The issue is that Tolken is hard to place via the guy above or on par with moutain sized dragons can be outplayed by a fairly normal (in comparison) elf. Fingolfin was kicking the shit out of Morgoth until he grew tired. Dancing around his attacks.

Imagine a politically amped force user with politically amped speed with a sword that can cut through anything. Even if Morgoth was more powerful, Sheev's force powers should be able to protect him from the esoteric powers.

If it was just a wizard off with no sword slashing, then Morgoth would maybe come out on top. Sidious might have zero skill with a saber, but he's way too fast in close quarters combat for Morgoth. I don't recall any great feats for Morgoth in that respect either.

It'd also be interesting to contrast their higher end powers as well.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Azronger
Not sure, depends how you interpret Tolkien. laughing out loud

The Ellimist
High-end Palpatine beats high-end Morgoth, but I think Morgoth at his in-universe peak is more consistently portrayed as high-end than Palpatine is.

One Big Mob
Originally posted by quanchi112
laughing out loud There's alot of truth there though. Some people put him far above people like Odin simply because of the part he played in creation and him being a "God". Or because he destroyed the sun and moon in a vision. Both things orbit ME iirc.

It's very possible ME is much like the original thought of how our planet was where everything in the skies is pretty much decoration. Even moreso when you consider the time the books were written.

He does have decent feats though, but not to the level some people put him on. I think his best feats put him at mountain range level over an unexplained period of time. The only way his feats really become huge is if you assume ME is much like our universe now, which makes no sense and I don't think there's anything to support that. Planetary is a pretty safe bet in these types of threads at his height.

ares834
Morgoth can and has reshapped continents. Addmitedly, that was before Feanor dubbed him "Morgoth" but it's still the same character.

snoke123
some things:
1- Morgoth can not die, he definitely can not, for he is a spiritual being, who does not need any physical form.

2- it was he who created the concepts of discord with his thoughts

3- he fought against all 14 valar and was winning

4- according to Tolkien, we are living in the fifth age.

quanchi112

One Big Mob

quanchi112
Originally posted by One Big Mob
OK. That has nothing to do with anything though, nor my opinion.

If you want a firsthand of how people interpret Morgoth feats go make a Thanos vs Morgoth thread. Thanos beats the shit out of Morgoth any way he wants to unlike Sidious. The Sidious fanatics know film versions only that Sauron just wrecks him with one swing of his mace.

One Big Mob
Originally posted by quanchi112
Thanos beats the shit out of Morgoth any way he wants to unlike Sidious. The Sidious fanatics know film versions only that Sauron just wrecks him with one swing of his mace. Right. So nothing to do with anything I said.

Good thing Sidious isn't stuck to only the movies like Sauron then in your example. Nor did he get defeated by a powerless human in the movies at full power.

quanchi112

One Big Mob

quanchi112
Let's see how fast you change your tune on Sauron. thumb up What opinion will I change? By all means go right ahead.

quanchi112
So another topic in the movie versus which has nothing to do with comparing Sauron to Sidious proves what exactly.

One Big Mob
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=636027&from=thread&pagenumber=1#post16605292

There you go. Go talk about how great Sauron is there.

quanchi112
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=636027&from=thread&pagenumber=1#post16605292

There you go. Go talk about how great Sauron is there. Sauron is great and relatively speaker greater than Sidious. You went off topic and brought up the great Khan Noonien Singh.

snoke123
@quanchi112
If you do not know Star Wars expanded universe, then please do not comment.

One Big Mob
You went off topic Quan. Morgoth has nothing to do with movie Sauron and I don't even know if he's canon in the movieverse, let alone has feats.

You're throwing random irrelevant things at the wrong person Quan. Fact remains that Morgoth wildly varies depending on who you ask or what you choose to accept. "Sidious fanboys" has nothing to do with that.

quanchi112

quanchi112

One Big Mob
What has movie Morgoth done quan?

quanchi112

One Big Mob
So would you say that it's possible to misinterpret what Morgoth has done in a book and end up at a different viewpoint than what another reader has came to?

quanchi112

One Big Mob

quanchi112

One Big Mob
I like the books. But I do want to get into those Mordor games. Everytime I try I wind up at the title screen or the pause screen for hours though.

Freedon Nadd
Originally posted by Azronger
Not sure, depends how you interpret Star Wars.

The Ellimist
bump

NemeBro
Morgoth at "full power" is a transcendent being who can bring metaphysical concepts like discord into being by his will and shape Arda and the cosmos beyond. That guy would stomp, if indeed a fight could be had between something so vast and something so small.

After taking physical form Morgoth's power depends a lot on how you interpret Tolkien, which Bran in particular touched on. If one thinks of the cosmos of Tolkien's work as being the same as our own, one could feasibly argue Morgoth even at weaker levels is mightier than beings who control all of space and all the stars in the universe.

I personally think that interpretation is bogus though. It is wildly inconsistent with everything else we see in the setting. One would imagine that if the Ainur were tossing out universe busting powers quite a bit more than a continent would have been devastated in the War of Wrath.

The Ellimist
Wouldn't that technically be Melkor and not Morgoth?

snoke123
Originally posted by The Ellimist
Wouldn't that technically be Melkor and not Morgoth?
yes, melkor

NemeBro
Originally posted by snoke123
yes, melkor All right, so you are going off of his strongest point after being referred to as Morgoth? He was named as such by Feanor, so any feat after there should count for him.

Palpatine could very well phuck that boy up, and I'm not going to try to recall feats that happened after that. I do recall him laying waste to a valley with a torrent of fire IIRC before fighting Fingolfin, but that's about it.

Another big issue is a relative lack of speed feats among LotR's terrestrial characters.

snoke123
bump

StiltmanFTW
Tolkien's characters and this battleboards mentality really don't mix well.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.