Morlun vs Namor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
Namor has his suit on so that he will not dry out during the fight. Who is taking this?

leonidas
i'd take morlun.

cdtm
Namor wins, with ease.

Genii96
Namor rips his head off

Parmaniac
Originally posted by leonidas
i'd take morlun.

leonidas
Originally posted by cdtm
Namor wins, with ease.

how do you figure that...?

riv6672
Namor wins, with ease.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by leonidas
how do you figure that...?

Ever since Dragon Ball Super, he's been trolling in every thread, about everything.

And don't even mention the most unfortunate Iron Fist TV series on Netflix, lol.

eaebiakuya
If Spiderman survived from several punches of Morlun, how he can take Namor down?

cdtm
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Ever since Dragon Ball Super, he's been trolling in every thread, about everything.

And don't even mention the most unfortunate Iron Fist TV series on Netflix, lol.

Rotten tomatoes killed that show.

High 90's on femme-busters, below 20% on The Orville.

Yet the site makes and breaks shows.

Wonder Man
Namor

CosmicComet
good fight i think. morlun is a damn terminator. he keeps coming.

CadenceV2
I think Morlun Durability is far better, didnt he tank Vibranium tip Nukes from Wakanda?

riv6672
What would be the point of s vibranium tipped nuke?

SamZED
Originally posted by eaebiakuya
If Spiderman survived from several punches of Morlun, how he can take Namor down?
Spider-man survived everyone's punches from Namor to Hulk, Hercules and Juggernaut. Morlun was holding back most of the time, Spider-man still said that he punches harder than Hulk. And Morlun has one-shot killed Spider-men from alt. universes.

leonidas
yeah, i'm not sure i even see this as being all that close the more i think about it. there is even some evidence to suggest he could drain namor as he drained the alternate characters. i'd say he was def stronger, and more durable as well. /shrug

riv6672
Originally posted by SamZED
Spider-man survived everyone's punches from Namor to Hulk, Hercules and Juggernaut. Morlun was holding back most of the time, Spider-man still said that he punches harder than Hulk. And Morlun has one-shot killed Spider-men from alt. universes.

I thought statements didnt count in debates.
Not trying to be a dick, but i’ve seen statements nixed before.

Now, tongue firmly in cheek i ask, dont Superman fans have a proprietary right to ‘holding back’.

DarkSaint85
If feats are what's needed, he ripped adamantium apart.

Parmaniac
The usual problem is Morlun has never shown an upper limit and was never bested in battle he was taken down with irradiated blood, magical prophecy stingers and twice via BFR

riv6672

DarkSaint85
He ripped a net, true.

Adamantium's durability, however, does not depend on it's thickness. Otherwise Wolverine is in trouble, lol.

riv6672
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
He ripped a net, true.

Adamantium's durability, however, does not depend on it's thickness. Otherwise Wolverine is in trouble, lol.
^^Uh huh.
Wolvie’s bones arent a net. aaaanyway...

...I understand wanting to make a character’s feat sound/seem impressive, but, again, no need to oversell.
Simply saying Morlun ripped an adamantium mesh net would have been fine, and then some jerk wouldnt be fact checking you on your statement(s).

riv6672
lol

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by riv6672
^^Uh huh.
Wolvie’s bones arent a net. aaaanyway...

...I understand wanting to make a character’s feat sound/seem impressive, but, again, no need to oversell.
Simply saying Morlun ripped an adamantium mesh net would have been fine, and then some jerk wouldnt be fact checking you on your statement(s).

My point was that Wolverine's bones are only coated with a thin film (they're not solid adamantium). Yet, his claws and skeleton are some of the most durable objects in the Marvel U, due to this thin coating. The edges of his claws, for example, are super sharp - and never ever go dull. Therefore, despite the extreme thinness of his adamantium, it is still super strong and super durable.

Fact checking implies my statement was false. But every word was true - he ripped adamantium. If you want to call me up on not including details, sure. But factually, it was correct.

riv6672

Parmaniac
The scan says adamantium net, like a net made out of adamantium.

StiltmanFTW
My point was that Wolverine's bones are only coated with a thin film (they're not solid adamantium).

Actually, he's gotten a double dose of adamantium (canon fact), completely fusing the bones with the metal, but the latter differs from writer to writer, some indeed refer to it only as coating.

Also, I only recall Logan's skeleton being described as laced "thick" with adamantium, never otherwise.

Yet, his claws and skeleton are some of the most durable objects in the Marvel U, due to this thin coating. The edges of his claws, for example, are super sharp - and never ever go dull. Therefore, despite the extreme thinness of his adamantium, it is still super strong and super durable.

Claws are a much better example, yes thumb up Since they've been stated on panel to be less than one millimetre thick.

Fact checking implies my statement was false. But every word was true - he ripped adamantium. If you want to call me up on not including details, sure. But factually, it was correct.

I'd like to believe that the net was either secondary adamantium or some adamantium alloy...

Straczynski (Morlun's creator) already gave us a strong hint in Morlun's first arc that he could bust through Ezekiel's underground bunker. The thing was mostly titanium with just adamantium at its core, iirc, though.

Originally posted by Parmaniac
The scan says adamantium net, like a net made out of adamantium.

Which should prevent it from being so malleable, lol.

Then again, we have Cyber's skin never bothering him with its flexibility... oh, comics laughing out loud

DarkSaint85

Parmaniac

Then again, we have Cyber's skin never bothering him with its flexibility... oh, comics laughing out loud Exactly, maybe the net is composed of tiny adamantium hooks and chains,who knows. I can also question why Wolverine's spine can't get torn apart. It's comics.

The writer clearly had something in mind by using an adamantium net otherwise Shuri would have been asked: "How is the super uber durable net doing?"

cdtm
Adamantium doesn't bend, does it?

Stands to reason it would need something more flexible to make it a net. Linking together bits of Adamantium would get you chain mail armor, more likely.

StiltmanFTW
Adamantium's durability does not depend on it's thickness. Otherwise the edges of Wolverine's claws would have long been blunted.

thumb up

(...) with a razor-keen edge that will never dull...

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/38/32/0e/38320e15f0d16c299564d99a31d9e5bb.jpg

cdtm
Is this primary or secondary?

Afaik, Marvels policy of protecting true adamantium lead to a bunch of retcons. Can't see them allowing a Spidey villain to be the first one to damage it by brute force.

DarkSaint85
They never clarified.

Stilt likes to think it's secondary. Samzed thinks it's like primary plus ultra.

StiltmanFTW
Adamantium doesn't bend, does it?

Shaw thought it could, he failed.

It doesn't. It's been described on panel as "unbendable" by Beast, even.

https://tinyurl.com/yctrshd5

Stands to reason it would need something more flexible to make it a net. Linking together bits of Adamantium would get you chain mail armor, more likely.

Logically, yeah thumb up I agree.

Then again, it's comics... Citadel and Cyber are somehow walking and moving in general just fine laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud

Parmaniac
Just out of curiosity how many times did Namor anything remotely close to the shit Morlun pulled in Wakanda?

StiltmanFTW
Is this primary or secondary?

Afaik, Marvels policy of protecting true adamantium lead to a bunch of retcons. Can't see them allowing a Spidey villain to be the first one to damage it by brute force.

It was never explicitly stated, as DS said.

Anyway, nets are certainly suspect, seeing as Nul Hulk broke it, too... and he was far from impressive, if we look at his other showings.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Parmaniac
Just out of curiosity how many times did Namor anything remotely close to the shit Morlun pulled in Wakanda?

Broke the Crimson Bands of Cyttorak, one-shotted the Hulk, took Black Bolt's scream... he's got plenty of feats.

Morlun's been consistently shown as a damn near unstoppable threat, though. Has he ever lost without there being a plot device involved?

DarkSaint85
Yeah but nobody expects anything good to come out of Central/Eastern Europe thumb up.

Africa is where it's at. And I just doubt that Wakanda keeps shitty secondary adamantium around for powerful enemies.

Could be wrong though. Could be me just adding random context where none exists.

All I know is:

A. Adamantium's durability doesn't depend on thickness
B. The net broken by Morlun was made of adamantium

So main point is, he has a nice strength feat if we don't want to just rely on statements, especially when Spiderman compared him to the Hulk and oh what's that? An AMPED Hulk did the same as Morlun? Golly gee!

Parmaniac
Broke the Crimson Bands of Cyttorak, one-shotted the Hulk, took Black Bolt's scream... he's got plenty of feats.

Morlun's been consistently shown as a damn near unstoppable threat, though. Has he ever lost without there being a plot device involved? Originally posted by Parmaniac
The usual problem is Morlun has never shown an upper limit and was never bested in battle he was taken down with irradiated blood, magical prophecy stingers and twice via BFR

cdtm
Who hasn't broken the bands?

Serious question, every time I see them, they're beaten. Even Iron Fist came close, if he wasn't weakened from absorbing sorcerers magic..

StiltmanFTW
Who hasn't broken the bands?

Serious question, every time I see them, they're beaten. Even Iron Fist came close, if he wasn't weakened from absorbing sorcerers magic..

Plenty of characters haven't... including Colossus, Wendigo, Hulk, Juggernaut...

But they also fail to work often, you're right on that.

carver9
Hulk said him and Nul were one of the same. Anyways, I think Namor taking on evil Sentry and the Avengers are better than taking on Wakanda.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by carver9
Hulk said him and Nul were one of the same.

More of the "Hulk is Hulk" nonsense... please, stop laughing out loud

OneDumgG0 made a giant respect thread for the Hulk... I disagreed with him on some feats, but even he considered the Hulk to be amped in Fear Itself.

We might argue to what degree he was, seeing as he was rather unimpressive in NA... but on paper, he was Pak's Hulk with a boost...

Anyways, I think Namor taking on evil Sentry and the Avengers are better than taking on Wakanda.

Not when you're just walking through the vibranium-core nuclear-tipped shells...

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/8/80103/6040967-black+panther+005-1415.jpg

carver9
More of the "Hulk is Hulk" nonsense... please, stop laughing out loud

OneDumgG0 made a giant respect thread for the Hulk... I disagreed with him on some feats, but even he considered the Hulk to be amped in Fear Itself.

We might argue to what degree he was, seeing as he was rather unimpressive in NA... but on paper, he was Pak's Hulk with a boost...

Not when you're just walking through the vibranium-core nuclear-tipped shells...

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/8/80103/6040967-black+panther+005-1415.jpg

Hulk outright tells us that Nul IS him.

https://static1.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11127/111275401/5218285-0586325004-QFpPQ.jpg

His power, HIS rage, his STRENGTH and hate. It can not get any clearer than this. Yes, he was amped, throwing out tornadoes, lightning, etc... but his physical strength was all Hulk, nothing more. The craziest thing is, how can you amp Hulk strength when he can already become as strong as he wants, that doesnt make sense. It's like saying you can amp the power gem.

cdtm
Didn't the Spider-gang kill Morlun's older brother?

He came back via clone, but this proves they're not invincible.

One Big Mob
So what you're saying is that a being exactly equal to Hulk was bonded with Hulk and it didn't increase his strength?

So when you do math and you come to a head scratcher like "2 + 2 =" you just put "2" and no look walkoff while you look at the sunset and grin? And people are like "Why is he looking at the sun without glasses?" And they're like "He aced that math equation, he can look at any sun he wants. He can even look at my son in the bath!" At which point you shoot them this look:

https://media.giphy.com/media/hYdY6opuFbNza/source.gif

One Big Mob
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
What do you think is going to happen when you state that a Hulk with an amp is weaker than a Hulk without an amp?

Hulk was knocked out in space. He woke up. Flew back to Earth. He could do that a 100 times in a row due to a healing factor. That doesn't mean he wins fights.

Anyway, it's outright stated that he was stronger than normal (the first comic I went to):
http://i58.tinypic.com/2yyqe7d.jpg

"Greatly elevated"

And Nul on his own was just as strong as Hulk (WWH at the time) with all of his power, and none of his personality. Without the hammer, and without the Hulk:
http://i58.tinypic.com/n1otg1.jpg
http://i60.tinypic.com/2whgmqq.jpg

"Power enhancing"
http://i62.tinypic.com/em5qa.jpg

This whole "His personality" thing has been talked about before. And frankly asking for proof of it when the whole premise alone disproves it doesn't work. Until someone can show a scan of someone saying he's weaker... I mean, the proof thing works from both angles, and the Hulk being weaker isn't something that's supported.
Not to mention he was still calling himself Hulk. He recognized people. He remembered about Thor. Etc.

Thor wasn't knocked out in the stratosphere, nor did he land hundreds of miles away never to return. He was actually unhurt too iirc. And people still count that as a win anyway.

Thor won against an amped WWH. Simple really. Whether he could repeat that again is anyone's guess. But the fact remains is that it happened.

carver9
Originally posted by One Big Mob
So what you're saying is that a being exactly equal to Hulk was bonded with Hulk and it didn't increase his strength?

So when you do math and you come to a head scratcher like "2 + 2 =" you just put "2" and no look walkoff while you look at the sunset and grin? And people are like "Why is he looking at the sun without glasses?" And they're like "He aced that math equation, he can look at any sun he wants. He can even look at my son in the bath!" At which point you shoot them this look:

https://media.giphy.com/media/hYdY6opuFbNza/source.gif

Me and you had a huge discussion on this a while back. Who was equal to Hulk? What I am saying is, Nul was physically Hulks equal because he was the Hulk. Hulk ended up breaking free but Nul found a way to resurface. Hulk went out to kill Nul but he realized he couldnt due to them possibly merging again if he came within the vicinity of Nul. He then gathers a group of heros to take out Nul warning them that Nul possess all of his physical might plus hate. I'm sure this is what he said.

carver9

Read above and Thor didnt knock out Nul.

One Big Mob
What does this mean Carver. I lost my glasses

https://i.imgur.com/ZiGSfl6.jpg

Philosophía
What is usual? Grey Hulk? When did they gather the data?

Checkmate.

carver9
What does this mean Carver. I lost my glasses

https://i.imgur.com/ZiGSfl6.jpg

Never said he didnt have additional power added to him. What I am saying is, his STRENGTH wasnt amped. Hulk himself confirms this in a later issue. Then, the data they had on Hulk wasnt even legit because they thought that adamantium netting amped with the weight of Jupiter was enough to stop Hulk.

Parmaniac
I think we all can agree that Morlun beats Hulk in a physical battle since Spider-Man defeated Hulk purely physical but never Morlun.

One Big Mob
Never said he didnt have additional power added to him. What I am saying is, his STRENGTH wasnt amped. Hulk himself confirms this in a later issue. Then, the data they had on Hulk wasnt even legit because they thought that adamantium netting amped with the weight of Jupiter was enough to stop Hulk.

Good retort. I had to scour the internet to find this.

https://i.imgur.com/JG07egX.jpg

Then, the data they had on Hulk wasnt even legit because they thought that adamantium netting amped with the weight of Jupiter was enough to stop Hulk. So you're saying Hulk did something they didn't think was possible based on their data, and that is proof that he wasn't amped?

"The machine said you can only lift 100 pounds. I see you've taken a lot of roids since then and can now lift 300 pounds. Your strength is exactly the same."

carver9
Let's discuss this in another thread.

CadenceV2
Hulk was amped and it was stated so. Simple as that.

Philosophía
Let's discuss this in another thread. *days later, when Bran tries to continue*

"Bran why are you stalking me? I've said my piece, please leave me alone #Imwithher #metoo"

One Big Mob
Let's discuss this in another thread. Nah. I think you've proven your point here

All I could find is a couple of summaries saying that the hammer enhanced their powers. I think you've got the upper hand tbh

abhilegend
Thor was destroying an amped WWH. Right carter?

carver9
I didnt know I made a Hulk vs Morlun thread? Right ABHI?

cdtm
Based on Spider-Verse, I have no idea how Morlun survived adamantium tipped missiles.

They were hard to beat down, but they died easy enough from Superior and Spider-clone's spikes. Namor is a killer, and strong enough to punch through him.

Parmaniac
Based on Spider-Verse, I have no idea how Morlun survived adamantium tipped missiles.

They were hard to beat down, but they died easy enough from Superior and Spider-clone's spikes. Namor is a killer, and strong enough to punch through him. You're reffering to Kaine, who was destined to do that, a part of the plot revolves around that. It's basically Drax/Thanos in Annihilation.

abhilegend
I didnt know I made a Hulk vs Morlun thread? Right ABHI?
But was he destroying an amped WWH?

StiltmanFTW

They were hard to beat down, but they died easy enough from Superior and Spider-clone's spikes. Namor is a killer, and strong enough to punch through him.

Vibranium, not adamantium.

Even if Namor punches through Morlun, it's *probably* not going to seriously affect him... he nonchalantly took Shuri's spear and alt Wolverine's claws (both sets) with a smile.

Omega Red would have a much better chance of making it work, seeing as he life-drains people (Morlun is vulnerable to that) and that carbonadium is somewhat radioactive.

carver9
Originally posted by abhilegend
But was he destroying an amped WWH?

Bring up a thread if you want to discuss this.

StiltmanFTW

https://i.giphy.com/media/mxDZecDOOsWCA/giphy.webp

abhilegend
Why would I do that my boy.

carver9
Originally posted by abhilegend
Why would I do that my boy.

So now you're calling me boy because I'm black?

cdtm

You know he's not white, right?

DarkSaint85

Considering you laugh when jokes are made of his nationality, you're hardly one to play this card....

CosmicComet
Pretty sure Carver is joking on that one

cdtm
Originally posted by CosmicComet

How do you tell the difference between a deadpan Carver joke, and everything he says in all seriousness? confused

StiltmanFTW
laughing

riv6672
How do you tell the difference between a deadpan Carver joke, and everything he says in all seriousness? confused
Answer: The joke will show the post has been edited.

abhilegend
ermm

riv6672

carver9
Originally posted by CosmicComet

Lol... I was joking.

carver9
ABHI doesnt know this but I actually enjoy his presence on the forum. Never reported the guy (and never tend to) and I dont think he would ever play that card. Maybe I should've put a smiley when I typed that.

Parmaniac
Don't act like your inability to report is sympathy for Abhi.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.