Of Marvel And DC characters which has the better suits/costumes?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Spectre+
exactly what the thread says and you can explain why.
EXCLUDING CGI CHARACTERS.

WolvesofBabylon
Marvel overall

Arachnid1
Marvel for the most part though DC knocked Supes out of the park, cape and all. Everyone else ranges from good to downright terrible. Flash and all his armor comes to mind.

Marvel did great with Thor, Loki, Thanos, Cap, (in the first movie, his other red/white/blues looked a little silly) Vision, Black Widow, (etc...). Spidey's costume had some pluses like the emotive eyes, though I wasn't a fan of a lot of the changes they made to it so he was in some ways a step down from previous live action costumes.

Still, overall I'd say Marvel does better.

FrothByte
I'd have to give it to DC. Their costumes are consistently of higher quality as long as it's not CGI based. I don't like some of their costume designs like Flash's costume or Batman's robo-armor but their quality IS better for the most part.

The female costumes in particular are a stomp in DC's favor. For some reason, MCU female costumes are extremely dull and boring.

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by The Spectre+
exactly what the thread says and you can explain why.
EXCLUDING CGI CHARACTERS.

Marvel.

BP's suit, IM nano suit, Strange's suit... Damn even Thanos' armor was ****ing nice.

relentless1
Batfleck, Tobey Spiderman, Age of Ultron Cap, MOS Superman, Wonder Woman all have awesome costumes

CPT Space Bomb
Not really a fair comparison. DC has a lot less characters in film atm.

Honestly only WW and Superman's outfits look good to me. Fatman's would look a helluva lot better without Fatfleck underneath it because he requires padded pillows to make himself look buff. Flash, Aquaman and Cyborg all look horrible.

MOST of the MCU characters look good to great. There are some misses there too but they somehow found a way to make even Vision work.

MCU wins for now but give the DCEU some time to both fix current costumes and bring in others and it'll be more fair.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by FrothByte
I'd have to give it to DC. Their costumes are consistently of higher quality as long as it's not CGI based. I don't like some of their costume designs like Flash's costume or Batman's robo-armor but their quality IS better for the most part.

The female costumes in particular are a stomp in DC's favor. For some reason, MCU female costumes are extremely dull and boring. That's fair too. Wonder Woman was better than Scarlet Witch or Black Widows for that reason IMO too.

My reasoning boils down to what CPT posted. Marvel has too many great costumes to choose from. DC has a lack of characters so the pool of exceptional costumes like Supes and WW are slim pickings.

I'll meet halfway there and say that DC's best costumes are better than Marvels, but the overall quality taking people like Batman and Flash into account brings them down.

Originally posted by Josh_Alexander
Marvel.

BP's suit, IM nano suit, Strange's suit... Damn even Thanos' armor was ****ing nice. I do agree that Marvel is better, but three of those you listed are full CGI

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by Arachnid1
That's fair too. Wonder Woman was better than Scarlet Witch or Black Widows for that reason IMO too.

I do agree that Marvel is better, but three of those you listed are full CGI

Ohhh excluding. My bad.

FrothByte
Originally posted by Arachnid1
That's fair too. Wonder Woman was better than Scarlet Witch or Black Widows for that reason IMO too.

My reasoning boils down to what CPT posted. Marvel has too many great costumes to choose from. DC has a lack of characters so the pool of exceptional costumes like Supes and WW are slim pickings.

I'll meet halfway there and say that DC's best costumes are better than Marvels, but the overall quality taking people like Batman and Flash into account brings them down.

MCU seems to have a problem with their women showing a bit of skin. Not that I want their comic-stripper costumes, but I think the MCU is going overboard with their conservatism... especially when you take into account all the shirtless scenes the guys do. But I wouldn't mind the females covering up as much if they actually had attractive-looking costumes... which they don't. Gamora, Black Widow, Scarlet Witch... they all look so drab. Just compare Black Widow to Black Panther. Black Panther gets a textured, muscle-defined suit whereas BW gets this flat black suit with minimal contouring.

Anyway, I just think that DC costumes have better texture and material. Aquaman's armor looks more armor-like than Thor's for example (even though I didn't like the design of Aquaman's armor). Valkyrie's final armor looks like a cheap cosplay attempt compared to Wonder Woman's.

I will say this in favor of Marvel though: their costumes have more attention to detail. You see scuff marks on Cap's suit, scratches on Falcon's equipment, stains on Thor's. The DC costumes are almost always too darn pristine with very few wear and tear.

playa1258
Superman, WW, Batfleck and Aquaman look great for DC heroes. Zod is the best looking for the DC villains so far.

For Marvel Cap, Thor, Spidey and Iron Man look great for heroes. Thanos, Loki and WS have nice looks for villains/anti-heroes.

Overall I would go with Superman for DC and Thor for Marvel.

SquallX

The Spectre+
I Think only supes cuts it for DC(male characters). His suit was more alienlike, y'know from a race of highy powerful and advanced people
Aquaman's suit had more armour but his upperbody looked flat(like the harpoon though)
Flash suit was the worst. They did not need to make him bulky. And batmans suit was a bit too light in color, it was more like darkgrey.

Thors suit looked fitting for an asgardian in but i wanted it to fit a god i.e with shining armour.
I Also Think they could have made T'challas suit ironlike. Not withstanding it was still good.

overall i give it to Marvel.

Silent Master
The OP says excluding CGI characters, not CGI uniforms. Black Panther is not a CGI character.

CPT Space Bomb
Also Black Panther's suit is not fully CGI, I dunno what the heck people are talking about. Yes, when he's in action at times it is but he also has a clearly functional suit that Chadwick wears.

Putinbot1
Silk Spectre, Catwoman 1989, Catwoman 2012, Wonderwoman... nuff said.

CPT Space Bomb
Originally posted by Putinbot1
Silk Spectre, Catwoman 1989, Catwoman 2012, Wonderwoman... nuff said. Yah...mostly terrible. If I was gonna pick some DC costumes those would definitely not be in a top anything. Catwoman 2012? Really? Lol. I'll grant you WonderWoman though. Hers is nice.

FrothByte
Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb
Yah...mostly terrible. If I was gonna pick some DC costumes those would definitely not be in a top anything. Catwoman 2012? Really? Lol. I'll grant you WonderWoman though. Hers is nice.

As much as I hate that Catwoman movie, her costume is at least more attractive than Gamora's. Maybe it's not the most practical but at least it isn't boring.

Khazra Reborn
Marvel overall, all of their costumes range from passable to really good, there aren't really any bad ones, minus Cap in Avengers 1.

Superman and Wonder Woman's costumes are both perfect, but the rest are all toilet water.

Putinbot1
Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb
Yah...mostly terrible. If I was gonna pick some DC costumes those would definitely not be in a top anything. Catwoman 2012? Really? Lol. I'll grant you WonderWoman though. Hers is nice. I see why you don't like them, I read that thread with you and Robtard, it's clear you aren't keen on women. wink

CPT Space Bomb
Originally posted by Putinbot1
I see why you don't like them, I read that thread with you and Robtard, it's clear you aren't keen on women. wink What? I have nothing against women. I have EVERYTHING against modern 3rd wave feminism. There is a difference. Hell, statistically most women don't want to be associated with feminists. That should give you an idea of what they've become.

ANYWAY, as far as your costume choices? Nah, I just don't think they were good. I did say I liked Wonder Womans outfit though...so there is that.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.