White people disappear

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cdtm
I'm talking "real" whites.. Mainly euro-ethnic types. White looking hispanics, jews, and anyone else who shouldn't feel guilty 'cause American slavery is still here.

The Republican party is obviously dead. Now what?

Everyone's a Democrat? Or, is it time to focus on changing the party? Or, is it time for another split?

Or what?

Playmaker
Not sure if this is satire or what

Surtur
I don't even know what this thread is asking me lol. Is it time for white people to split from democrats? What?

cdtm
Originally posted by Playmaker
Not sure if this is satire or what

It can be, if you want it to be. smile

The main point, is each party defines itself by opposition to the other party. For the Democrats, the primary ideology is "oppressed unite against whiteness."

Everything from civil rights to feminism is defined according to America's early history of slavery, oppression, and promotion of W.A.S.P. culture.

That rallying cry doesn't really work if whites are gone. So what holds everyone else together? What happens when some (could be anyone, because absolute equity is impossible) figure out they aren't advancing in a world without whitey around anymore?

Do you think the remaining party will work for everyone else, mission accomplished? Because I sure don't..

snowdragon
Originally posted by cdtm

Do you think the remaining party will work for everyone else, mission accomplished? Because I sure don't..

No, of course, it won't. The only way to unite is to define what you stand against and that ultimately creates your new adversaries.

Robtard
Is this another "Muh whiteness is threatened!" imagination thread? Silly, imo.

cdtm
Originally posted by Robtard
Is this another "Muh whiteness is threatened!" imagination thread? Silly, imo.

Nope.

It's actually a serious question. If your enemy is gone, what's keeping you together.

And the enemy IS what keeps Democrats together. Generally older, white, Trumper types.

Personally, I can see Asian Americans breaking away from the Democratic party....They get NOTHING out of the coalition, and the only reason they vote Democrat is because Republicans are too much a "white boys club".

BackFire
By the time that happens I imagine the republican party will have adjusted somehow to try and appeal to people who aren't white. Or another party will take their place.

I think there will always be some kind of a conservative party, they may shift away from the social crap (would be great) and focus primarily on fiscal conservatism, but they'll still be around.

Surtur
This thread is so full of white hate. I can feel it.

Stop hating, we probably invented popsicles.

Playmaker
Nope.

It's actually a serious question. If your enemy is gone, what's keeping you together.

And the enemy IS what keeps Democrats together. Generally older, white, Trumper types.

Personally, I can see Asian Americans breaking away from the Democratic party....They get NOTHING out of the coalition, and the only reason they vote Democrat is because Republicans are too much a "white boys club".

The book Bowling Alone by Robert Putnam found that in communities that increased its racial and ethnic diversity (which also led to a diversity in fundamental values), those communities didn't do better and they became less cohesive and less tolerant. He wrote, "The only two things that go up as the diversity of your census track goes up are protest marches and television watching." Putnam wrote that the only way to create social capital comes from shared values.

Being opposed to something doesn't mean you stand for something. And unless people stand for something then they won't have shared values. It'll just be infighting.

Kind of like how BLM stopped and protested a LGBT parade/event because as they said, the parade, "has consistently demonstrated that it is more interested in accommodating the interests of Metropolitan police and of corporate sponsors than it is in supporting the very communities it supposedly represents."

That's all that would happen. The groups would just divide up and continue the fighting amongst themselves.

Robtard
Nope.

So in turn you're saying what keep the Republican Party together is strong racial ties and a xenophobia of anything different...

Dr Will Hatch
Race is a social construct, so who really knows? What counts as white today wasn't white a hundred years ago, and in a hundred years, a ton of Hispanics we don't consider white today will probably be called white.

cdtm
Originally posted by Robtard
So in turn you're saying what keep the Republican Party together is strong racial ties and a xenophobia of anything different...

Considering race was originally used to convince lower status whites that, "Hey, at least you're not those guys"?

Whites have been using race to convinced suckers who happen to share their skin color that the status quo is fine since forever..

Dramatic Gecko
A huge problem is that American republicans and democrats have always been a white vs everyone else argument to some degree. Here in Aus the Liberal (conservatives) vs Labour (liberals) has always been a Mining (tax cuts for miners and lobbyists) vs Education/Medical/Centrelink budget war. But the internet has broken Australians (especially since the Trump vs Clinton fiasco) and now all they care about is minorities and posting pink ribbon facebook paragraphs. I try to discuss the 3 billion dollar taxcut to government funded research and the person next to me will start "Well I'm a pansexual and always thought that..." you get the picture.

What I'm saying simply is that I really hope the American political identity veers away from social issues and goes to a more practical and relevant discussion (like god forbid ECONOMIC AND RESEARCH GROWTH). Mostly because for some ****ed up reason most young Australians care more about what Trumps saying rather than our resident piece of shit Turnbull.

Flyattractor
I would say this tread is a Racist Thread but then I remember its about white people...

Dramatic Gecko
Originally posted by Flyattractor
I would say this tread is a Racist Thread but then I remember its about white people...

THat's because 'White People' aren't really a race. Nor do to many white people identify themselves as such. If you had said Greeks, Italians, Welsh or Jewish than yes. It would become racist because then people are actually remarking on actual real people. If we could get this mindset going for black people than perhaps they wouldn't get so offended at the mention of a particular colour...

I mean... the white liberal arts majors wouldn't get so offended on their behalf.

Surtur
Originally posted by Flyattractor

Remember when a bunch of snowflakes got offended over "It's okay to be white" posters?

Such a friggin cult.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.