Agent Smith...the answer?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FLIPMODE
Ever Wonder Why Neo did'nt just kill all the Agent Smith's in Reloaded?

But Neo DID, kill Programs. but not agents, this time around.

Well Agents are people. Actual People enslaved in the Matrix. The Very People He and Morpheus are trying to Save. If you kill an agent, you'll see the body of the over taken human, remains. While the same agent will them remorph into the closest human body, as a host.

Think about this. If Smith acutually DOES copy himself from EVERYONE, where the entire earth is an Agent Smith. Then that means he Represents every LIFE or slave in the Matrix. Um This guy is the Answer. 2 Things come to mind from this situation:

1-He probably has the Power to free everyone from the Matrix HIMSELF!

2-OOORRR, in the same vein. The Machines made this program to Perfect, "Free Will" IF INFACT, Smith, (Stemming from his absorbtion of Neo and Vice versa) can inhabit EVERY SINGLE LIFE FORM, PLUS, Smith IS INFACT, excersizing FREE WILL, Then It can be assumed that this IS the End Result the Machines Wanted. They have now ACCOMPLISHED free will within SMITH...ALAS he is STILL PART of the Matrix, and they can thus Control him, and consequently Smith Now controls the lives of EVERY being on earth. Their Minds anyway.

So From that, I can see part 3 being about, the final battle, Smith Flying around..blah blah, and ofcourse, to give the hero props to Neo, instead of Smith. They'll have NEO...take Smiths ability to Copy himself, and NEO will represent Every life within the Matrix, Freeing their Minds, in exchange for his. The Matrix will Die.

Ushgarak
No, he kills them when he does his thing. He overwrites their mind.

Stovenutts
hey uve seen the trailer for revolutions where neo an smith are about to fight in the rain there are thousands of smiths lined up on the sides, more than neo fought in the "burly brawl". maybe this is because smith has been taking everybody over. prolly not though

neo-generate
but if smith took over everybody inside the matrix, that would be an oxymoron. well we know two things: 1. the machines need humans to survive. 2. everyone inside the matrix is keeping it alive. but if smith "the machines" took over every living mind inside the matrix, then technically, it would be machines feeding machines, correct or am i wrong? some one help me if i am, but it sounds pretty reasonable if u think about it. also have u ever thought about smiths programming? what is he? my view is that he's a VIRUS! but there may be other views out there. i would be glad to share them with u. it helps me understand! lol!!

Kes
He sure acts like one!

PoleDAWG
Smith taking over everyone is an interesting idea, especially if his taking over someone in the matrix kills the person connected to the matrix. Remember that Bane is not dead even though Smith overtook him in the matrix, however his brain seems to be reprogrammed. Assuming that is what happens to all the Smiths and the matrix cannot control Smith, Revolution could go something like this...

- smith is taking over all the bodies in the matrix
- this is bad for the matrix and the machines that depend on the bodies because they will all know the truth
- neo has to fight with the machines help against smith(s)...this would support the conversation with the councilman that machines and man need each other and must work together

The Serpent

Ushgarak
I assume that for the same reason they need sentient humans rather than just comatose slabs of flesh, the humans whilst 'possessed' by agents are useless for the Machine's needs.

The Serpent

Ushgarak
But as I said, the machines need to use SENTIENT humans, not just comatose slabs of flesh (else the false consciousness of the Matrix would not be needed at all, everyone would just be kept sedated).

The logic of WHY they need them sentient can be discussed for hours and indeed already has been. But regardless it appears to be a fact. If it is important that the human is sentient for the process to work it therefore follows that whilst their sentience has been displaced by an agent they do not 'work', so to speak.

The Serpent

Ushgarak
Well, to take it one point at a time...

No, it is never said at any point in the film that they neerd sentient humans. By splitting my sentence up you do me a disfavour, though. I was also not stating that comatose humans produce less heat.

When the point was raised earlier in this area 'why bother with the Matrix when you could just keep them all sedated' then the conclusion was reached that, for whatever reason we do not understand, the process via which they take power from us only works if we are sentient (and when I say 'comatose' in this case I specifically mean no higher brain activity at all- whilst in the Matrix this higher brain activity still exists). Many people came up with possible theories about bio-chemcial energy and so on, why being 'awake; (even if only in a dream world) makes a difference... I do not pretend to have any definitive answer here. But I simply accept it as a fact that for 'whatever weird sci-fi reason', as I said in my post above, they need us sentient.

Now, myself having accepted this explanation, it is also my belief thast when agents inhabit a body they disrupt whatever it is that needed in this true sentience for the process to work properly. So therefore they could not have Agents inhabiting everyone.

Of course, if you do not believe this assumption then that really will not work for you, but that is the explanation I would offer.

I personally, therefore, do not see it as a contradiction, I just see it as one of the set-ups of the film, and suspension of disbelief takes me past any problems it causes for the sake of this set-up.

The Serpent
An even simpler explanation that avoids the contradictions much better is that there is no difference between "programs" and "humans", and that Zion is just another layer of the Matrix.

Fortunately our speculations will not last long as come November we'll see which of us was closer to the W. brother's version of Truth.

Ushgarak
Ah, well, but it is my belief that Zion being a layer of the Matrix in itself raises complicated objections that destroy it as a more simple answer. Still, as you say, we shall see.

Mind you, I am not ruling anything out. Take a poll oin whether Zion is a layer of the Matrix or not and I would not immediately vote no. I believe it is not but I have no definitive proof.

The Omega

FLIPMODE

FLIPMODE
Well until Neo stops it ofcourse.

5 Bucks says Neo Copies himslef. And takes over every Smith on Earth.

Sifer
If you want to know why they need sentient human bodies, then watch the Animatrix - The 2nd Renaissance Parts I & II.

Actually, watch them all because they are all amazing.

Ushgarak
Really, it is patantly ridiculous to believe the Matrix will still function if Smith overwrites everyone. It would collapse. Whatever process he was going through would not be remotely like the subconscious process of the enslaved humans.

FLIPMODE
What? Why not? Think about it, the Bodies are still functional, with a functional mind, It's not like he's killing the Humans. He's just using their Matrix-Body. The Real Human does'nt just die.

So there's no reason why the Matrix will not function.

FLIPMODE
Besides what your saying is another possible ending.

And it's allready shown that smith takes over the entire city, Why would he not copy himself through-out the world?

And from what we allready see according to your theory, the Matrix should allready have shut off.

"Whatever process he was going through would not be remotely like the subconscious process of the enslaved humans."

That means nothing.

Point is Smith is going to represent every slave, wether they die, or wether Neo Saves them is what the last part will be about.

freemind
First If agent smith was working for the matrix,then he wouldnt have copied himself onto another agent. He is a virus to say it like he says it. "You move to a place and you multiply,and multiply until every natural resource is consumed,and the only way to survive is to move to another area. Just his natural resource is humans. He is a virus that wants to take over the matrix and defeat neo.Nothing more.

FLIPMODE
He's a program nothing more. He was made to do what he's doing right now, wheter he realizes it or not.

The matrix want to control the anomaly,...they can't. So make they make their own anomaly.

trancylife
this is messed up but I find it funny:
Why dont they just nuke the matrix world inside the matrix and kill every human attached, the machines wont have power and people will still be in zion. This would mean, so much death but at least they could start over.

Telemicus
Smith is a virus of sorts. But more importantly, he's an anomaly.... just like Neo.
I'm with FLIPMODE on this one, Smith is or part of the answer.

Glipt
One theory for the formation of matter in the universe is that particles and anti-particles are created by the immense tidal forces at the event horizon of a black hole. There must be equality.

The 1% suconcious rejection in the matrix can be likened to the forces at the event horizon of a black hole. They create a +'one', but they also create a -"one" to maintain equality. Neo is the +'one' (good). Smith is the -'one' (bad). +1+(-1)=0. Equality. This satifies physics and eastern reilgions (ie. yin and yang).

Perhaps in the end Smith and Neo will both cancel eachother out in a cataclysmic battle.

Let me know what you think.

Cheshire Cat
on the subject of people dying when an agent takes over them, in the enter the matrix game an agent leaves a person and he continues on as normal, he dosen't know how he got to where he is and has no memory of what happened.

steffie
i agree with the possibility that he is a virus. i think he's constant replication of himself over and over again in the matrix, will finally get overloaded and fail. remember, smith wants 2 get out of the matrix. he confessed 2 morpheus in M1 "i must get out of here, i must be free! And in this mind, is the key" squeezing morpheus' temples "my key! once zion is destroyed, there is no need 4 me 2 be here!" smith knows that by killing neo, he can escape the matrix cos neo is the key 2 resetting the matrix, or 2 shut it off. it was originally killing neo in M1, that allowed smith 2 become powerful, with his cloning abilities, so killing neo again will allow him 2 gain neo's powers completely, and thus gain the power 2 shut down the matrix. so where did smith come from if he wants 2 destroy the matrix? he's obviously not meant 2 be there. he's a computer virus as he has the characteristic of a virus. it does make sense

The Omega

Ushgarak
""Whatever process he was going through would not be remotely like the subconscious process of the enslaved humans."

That means nothing."

HUH? Yes it does, it is VITAL! Without this subconscious process the Matrix fails.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.