Hela vs Odin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

K-Dog

CPT Space Bomb
Odin wins in both. He was the only one that was able to imprison her. Honestly MCU Odin is WAY underpowered but he's still > Hela.

NotAllThatEvil
Odin was the one who initially beat hela. Since his only feats are only mentioned, imma assume that he hasn't lost too much power with age and beats her again.

Josh_Alexander

The Spectre+
Originally posted by Josh_Alexander

I wonder if Odin beat Hela on Asgard...

Of course That Would Have Been The Ideal Place To Settle Their Differences.. They Wouldnt Take Their Family Problems Outside? Or Would They?? shifty

relentless1
Odin gets smashed out when he falls asleep in the middle of their fight lol... Odin from the comics deserves utmost respect as a deity but MCU version is a weak old man who's on screen feats couldn't do shit to Hela; guy couldn't even beat up Hawkeye lol

Silent Master
There is a reason Hela only returned after Odin died.

relentless1
an off screen reason, Odin power set consist of esoteric abilities that haven't ever been proven in a fight on screen

Silent Master
We know that Odin is the one that imprisoned her and that she only escaped after he died. We also know that Odin can strip Asgardians of their power.

The Spectre+
yeah the guy was damn powerful. he battered surtur to the extent that 500000 years later he hadn't recovered. But in the end he lost to the enemy his daughter rules over. DEATH

CPT Space Bomb
Originally posted by relentless1
Odin gets smashed out when he falls asleep in the middle of their fight lol... Odin from the comics deserves utmost respect as a deity but MCU version is a weak old man who's on screen feats couldn't do shit to Hela; guy couldn't even beat up Hawkeye lol You didn't watch Thor 1 apparently. Odin easily took Mjolnir from Thor and banished him WHILST stripping him of his God powers effortlessly. Odin also ported in to "Save "(Thor didn't need saving) his sons from the Frost giants and using magic to protect them as they traveled back to Asgard.
Odin didn't NEED to use his powers much. At the VERY WORST, Old Odin wins just by keeping Hela imprisoned. She was only able to even manifest herself in the MCU when he died. Odin wins every scenario.

quanchi112

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by The Spectre+
Of course That Would Have Been The Ideal Place To Settle Their Differences.. They Wouldnt Take Their Family Problems Outside? Or Would They?? shifty

I think they didnt battled on Asgard.

Odin himself claimed that Hela on Asgard would be "unstoppable". So, if the battle took place on Asgard then Odin's words would make no sense.

relentless1
Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb
You didn't watch Thor 1 apparently. Odin easily took Mjolnir from Thor and banished him WHILST stripping him of his God powers effortlessly. Odin also ported in to "Save "(Thor didn't need saving) his sons from the Frost giants and using magic to protect them as they traveled back to Asgard.
Odin didn't NEED to use his powers much. At the VERY WORST, Old Odin wins just by keeping Hela imprisoned. She was only able to even manifest herself in the MCU when he died. Odin wins every scenario.

thats an esoteric power, very specific and unusable in battle, might I also remind you that he fell into the Odinsleep not long after; heavily implied to be as a result of his emotional distress from this action and revelation to Loki; in other words the guy cant even use this power strip on his kids without it weakening him

Silent Master
Why would removing her power be unusable in battle?

CPT Space Bomb
thats an esoteric power, very specific and unusable in battle, might I also remind you that he fell into the Odinsleep not long after; heavily implied to be as a result of his emotional distress from this action and revelation to Loki; in other words the guy cant even use this power strip on his kids without it weakening him It was more likely that Odin had forgone sleep for much too long whilst raising his kids. Also, if we take into account that Thor is over 1,500 years old then that makes Odin incredibly ancient. In his prime he would be a sight to behold. But even as it stands he still had enough power to keep Hela imprisoned. It wasn't until he died that she finally came back and it was immediate.

So again, at the VERY WORST Old Odin would be able to win just by imprisoning her again.

Josh_Alexander
thats an esoteric power, very specific and unusable in battle, might I also remind you that he fell into the Odinsleep not long after; heavily implied to be as a result of his emotional distress from this action and revelation to Loki; in other words the guy cant even use this power strip on his kids without it weakening him

Old Odin loses.

He is too weak to engage in such a fight.

Robtard
You didn't watch Thor 1 apparently. Odin easily took Mjolnir from Thor and banished him WHILST stripping him of his God powers effortlessly. Odin also ported in to "Save "(Thor didn't need saving) his sons from the Frost giants and using magic to protect them as they traveled back to Asgard.

^ Bingo

Raptor22
I don't see why he would just be able to strip her power away like nothing, or imprisoned her on a whim.

Just because he stripped Thor of his power doesn't mean he can do it to someone more powerful than Thor. If he could then why would he say things like

"Her violent appetite grew beyond my control"

"I couldn't stop her, so I imprisoned her. I locked her away"

I feel like if he could just strip her powers like he did to thor, then it would have been pretty easy for him to control her violent appetite and/or stop her, which he admitted he couldn't do.

Also we have no idea how he imprisoned her, what he used or what help he had. We do know that he sent the entire Valkyrie army after Hela first rather than facing her himself.

As for him keeping her imprisoned, I've always thought that he kept her locked away thru some sort of spell or enchantment that would only be removed/broken upon his death. Not that he was constantly powering what ever means he used to lock her away (if that was the case why wouldn't she have been freed when he was in the Odin sleep, or under lokis spell?) or because she was afraid to come back.

"My life was all that held her back, but my time has come. I can not keep her away any longer."

I always interpreted that as what ever spell or enchntment he used was tied to his life and when he dies she will be free, and his time was up.

Im not arguing that she would beat him, just that he just can't strip her powers or imprison her whenever he feels like it.

Robtard
She's obviously more powerful than Thor, but she was still defeated by Odin and there's no reason to believe he couldn't do so again. Maybe he couldn't take away her powers and that's fine, maybe the two choices were kill Hela or imprison her; he chose gaol. Whatever it is, Odin beat her.

Of note, if seems she was the first wielder of Mjolnir, or at least before it went to Thor's possession.

Arachnid1
https://i.redd.it/usysks3ywdc01.png

Odin was still old back when he and Hela were wrecking civilizations. Age doesn't really factor much into this fight.

That said, I don't think he can strip her of her powers. I feel like he would have done that over imprisoning her a few millennia if he could have. Still, based off implied power, I don't see him having much trouble with her.

Raptor22
Originally posted by Robtard
She's obviously more powerful than Thor, but she was still defeated by Odin and there's no reason to believe he couldn't do so again. Maybe he couldn't take away her powers and that's fine, maybe the two choices were kill Hela or imprison her; he chose gaol. Whatever it is, Odin beat her.

Of note, if seems she was the first wielder of Mjolnir, or at least before it went to Thor's possession. Except we have no idea how he defeated her. Was it in a straight up battle? Did he use any artifacts from his vault? For all we know he sneak attacked her from behind right after she slaughtered the Valkyries.

So even though he himself says he couldn't stop her, not wouldn't kill her or couldn't kill his own daughter, flat out couldnt stop her. In your opinion he meant he could have killed her but didn't want to and chose to lock her away instead. Knowing that she will be free one day upon his death, and that she is the bringer of Ragnarock and will destroy Asgard and possibly everything else, but did it anyway to spare her life. All after she already slaughtered his entire army of Valkyries that he sent to presumably kill her?

If so, that seems like a bit of a reach. I feel the more logical conclusion would be that he couldn't stop her like he said and had to imprisoner because it was his only option left.

Silent Master
More likely, he didn't strip her of her powers as no powers would mean no extended life span. He didn't want to kill her.

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by Raptor22
I don't see why he would just be able to strip her power away like nothing, or imprisoned her on a whim.

Just because he stripped Thor of his power doesn't mean he can do it to someone more powerful than Thor. If he could then why would he say things like

"Her violent appetite grew beyond my control"

"I couldn't stop her, so I imprisoned her. I locked her away"

I feel like if he could just strip her powers like he did to thor, then it would have been pretty easy for him to control her violent appetite and/or stop her, which he admitted he couldn't do.

Also we have no idea how he imprisoned her, what he used or what help he had. We do know that he sent the entire Valkyrie army after Hela first rather than facing her himself.

As for him keeping her imprisoned, I've always thought that he kept her locked away thru some sort of spell or enchantment that would only be removed/broken upon his death. Not that he was constantly powering what ever means he used to lock her away (if that was the case why wouldn't she have been freed when he was in the Odin sleep, or under lokis spell?) or because she was afraid to come back.

"My life was all that held her back, but my time has come. I can not keep her away any longer."

I always interpreted that as what ever spell or enchntment he used was tied to his life and when he dies she will be free, and his time was up.

Im not arguing that she would beat him, just that he just can't strip her powers or imprison her whenever he feels like it.

WOW! Great analysis man.

I would add to the fact that Odin specifically stated, "She draws her strength from Asgard...Once she reaches there her power will be limitless". To my criteria Odin defeated or imprisoned Hela outside Asgard. Otherwise, such a fight would leave colateral damage on Asgard...People would hear of it like we hear of WW2...Yet no one remembers Hela...No one heard of her. Probably the fight took place on a remote place, just Hela and Odin.

Old Odin loses.

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by Arachnid1
https://i.redd.it/usysks3ywdc01.png

Odin was still old back when he and Hela were wrecking civilizations. Age doesn't really factor much into this fight.

That said, I don't think he can strip her of her powers. I feel like he would have done that over imprisoning her a few millennia if he could have. Still, based off implied power, I don't see him having much trouble with her.

You know there is an enormous flaw in your statement right?

First of all, it's clear Odin still has his eye in that image.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J01AVlnHjeM

That image took place YEARS before Odin fought Laufey, the 9 realms were just conquered. Yet Odin was considerably younger in the wars between the Asgard and Jotunheim! Furthermore, Odin himself claimed they had a hard time defeating the Giants.

So it's clear that not only Odin was quite younger in his fight with Hela, but also that he was way more powerful...Remember that Odin did lost an eye against the Giants so, it's obvious he grew weaker.

Conclusion: Either Odin was way stronger in his youth or Hela was weaker, cause there is no way Frost Giants>>>Hela.

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by Silent Master
He didn't want to kill her.

Could he even kill her??

CPT Space Bomb
Originally posted by Robtard

Of note, if seems she was the first wielder of Mjolnir, or at least before it went to Thor's possession. Ding ding ding. thumb up

Raptor22
More likely, he didn't strip her of her powers as no powers would mean no extended life span. He didn't want to kill her. not seeing how that's more likely. Which scene in the movie did Odin say he didn't want to kill her? Was it after he sent his entire host of his most elite warriors to charge at her with swords on their flying horses?

Silent Master
He did that to keep her imprisoned, not kill her. May I suggest watching the movie again and this time paying attention.

Raptor22
He did that to keep her imprisoned, not kill her. May I suggest watching the movie again and this time paying attention. I'll give u credit for doing a nice little dance around the question. I'll ask it again and I suggest this time u pay attention. Which scene in the movie did Odin say he didn't want to kill her?

Silent Master
Why should I bother responding to your obvious attempt at a straw man?

Raptor22
Why should I bother responding to your obvious attempt at a straw man? U made the claim - "He didn't want to kill her." - Silent Master. Back it up with something or don't, I could care less either way.

Silent Master
U made the claim - "He didn't want to kill her." - Silent Master. Back it up with something or don't, I could care less either way.

I always love it when someone who devotes multiple posts to something turns around and claims they don't care either way. Yeah, we believe you.

By the way, I didn't make a claim. If you actually read my post before deciding to have a hissy fit, you would notice I said "more likely". That isn't making a claim. That is saying of all the possible reasons for his actions, this is the one I think is, wait for it. Most likely.

Surtur
It's quite possible he didn't take away her powers simply because he wasn't able to do so. Not all "gods" are created equal. Perhaps imprisonment was the best he could do.

Nevan
Prime Odin defeated prime Surtur, so he beats her at the height of his power, old Odin most likely loses.

Raptor22
I always love it when someone who devotes multiple posts to something turns around and claims they don't care either way. Yeah, we believe you.

By the way, I didn't make a claim. If you actually read my post before deciding to have a hissy fit, you would notice I said "more likely". That isn't making a claim. That is saying of all the possible reasons for his actions, this is the one I think is, wait for it. Most likely. ok. That's a strange thing to love but I'm glad u found something that makes u happy.

So are u going to back up ur post with any evidence or were u just tossing your opinion out there without any proof?

Josh_Alexander
He did that to keep her imprisoned, not kill her. May I suggest watching the movie again and this time paying attention.

Bring a statement where Odin claimed he didn't want to kill Hela.

Josh_Alexander

By the way, I didn't make a claim. If you actually read my post before deciding to have a hissy fit, you would notice I said "more likely". That isn't making a claim. That is saying of all the possible reasons for his actions, this is the one I think is, wait for it. Most likely.

Ehhhh..... laughing out loud

More likely, he didn't strip her of her powers as no powers would mean no extended life span. He didn't want to kill her.

It's clear there is a PERIOD separating the sentences. Which means the 'MORE LIKELY' doesn't apply for your next statement.

Therefore, you did claimed that he didn't wanted to kill her.

Man Silent, your lying abilities are increasing over the years it seems to me laughing out loud

Silent Master
Are you retarded?

Do you not understand context?

Josh_Alexander
Are you retarded?

Do you not understand context?

Why do you like to lie Silent?

You clearly claimed that Odin didn't want to kill her. You argument is clear.

Now, bring evidence to support your argument.

Silent Master
Since you're obviously too stupid to understand context. I'll explain it using small words.

The first part is me explaining the reasoning behind my opinion, the second part is me stating my opinion.

There, did you understand it this time or do I need to use even smaller words? since you obviously only have a 1st grade level education.

Josh_Alexander
Since you're obviously too stupid to understand context. I'll explain it using small words.

The first part is me explaining the reasoning behind my opinion, the second part is me stating my opinion.

There, did you understand it this time or do I need to use even smaller words? since you obviously only have a 1st grade level education.

Raptor22 words:

U made the claim - "He didn't want to kill her." - Silent Master. Back it up with something or don't, I could care less either way.

your response:

You clearly never said 'more likely'. Your argument is clear. You stated that Odin didn't want to kill her.

You lied to Raptor and now you are lying to me. You are pathetic

Josh_Alexander

Concession accepted, you never said 'MORE LIKELY'. Just try not to lie that much kid!

Now, do you have evidence to back up your argument on Odin not trying to kill Hela??

Or did you lied about that too? laughing out loud

Silent Master

Josh_Alexander

You clearly can't seem to realize there is a period between 'Life Span' and He.

Not only are you a liar but also can't seem to understand how punctuation marks work. And you accuse me of being a first grader laughing out loud pathetic.

So again, support your claim. Or admit you lied.

CPT Space Bomb
Anyone that's thinking clearly understands that Odin wins both fights. Again, all he has to do is imprison her since that's not against the thread rules. Fight over.

Josh_Alexander
Anyone that's thinking clearly understands that Odin wins both fights. Again, all he has to do is imprison her since that's not against the thread rules. Fight over.

Without evidence, your words are just that boy.

Young Odin wins, Old one loses.

CPT Space Bomb
Lol I think Josh keeps quoting me not knowing that I ignored him some time ago.

Anyway, Odin wins.

Josh_Alexander
Lol I think Josh keeps quoting me not knowing that I ignored him some time ago.

Anyway, Odin wins.

Really? I guess it's not an ignore if you name me. Your Ignorance proven again laughing out loud

Raptor22

Was out before didn't have a chance to address this part.

Claim: noun- "A statement of something you believe is true, although you have no proof." - Cambridge dictionary

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/claim?q=Claim

You putting the words "more likely" doesn't change the fact that u made a claim.

U made a statement of something (that it's more likely that odin didn't drain her because he didn't want to kill her) that u believe to be true, although you have no proof.

Silent Master
No, he didn't want to kill her = opinion. If I said, Odin stated that he didn't want to kill her, that would have been a claim.

CPT Space Bomb
Too bad we'll probably never get a Serious Odin Vs Surtur fight. Maybe one day when they reboot. That would be absolutely badass.

Raptor22
No, he didn't want to kill her = opinion. If I said, Odin stated that he didn't want to kill her, that would have been a claim. Lol u made the claim (as defined by the Cambridge dictionary) that it was more likely he didn't drain her because he didn't want to kill her. Do u have any proof to back up your claim or are u going to continue your transparent little tap dance.

Silent Master
Are you capable of differentiating between an opinion and a claim?

Raptor22

http://www.butte.edu/departments/cas/tipsheets/thinking/claims.html

"A subjective CLAIM, on the other hand, is not a factual matter; it is an expression of belief, OPINION, or personal preference. "

This is just getting embarrassing at this point. Just take the L like a man

Josh_Alexander

Damn Silent! Just admit you lost!!

Raptor's got you.

Silent Master
http://www.butte.edu/departments/cas/tipsheets/thinking/claims.html

"A subjective CLAIM, on the other hand, is not a factual matter; it is an expression of belief, OPINION, or personal preference. "

This is just getting embarrassing at this point. Just take the L like a man

I'll take that as a no

Raptor22
I'll take that as a no Feel free to take it however u want.

Josh_Alexander
Feel free to take it however u want.

Did well Raptor. Nice debate. However, remember it's Silent you are debating against, it's like trying to tell a kindergarten kid that Santa isn't real.

Raptor22
Did well Raptor. Nice debate. However, remember it's Silent you are debating against, it's like trying to tell a kindergarten kid that Santa isn't real. Thank u

relentless1
Did well Raptor. Nice debate. However, remember it's Silent you are debating against, it's like trying to tell a kindergarten kid that Santa isn't real.

eek! laughing laughing out loud spot on sir, spot on

Josh_Alexander

What!!? It's remarkable to see people actually bring feats and evidence to back up their claims here! Specially with so much fanboys arround.

The dude did well!

Silent Master

I'm not surprised that you're dumb enough to not understand the difference between stating an opinion and making a claim.

Arachnid1
Without evidence, your words are just that boy.

Young Odin wins, Old one loses. You don't have evidence that Odin is less powerful than he was when he imprisoned Hela or defeated Surter either. That's a completely unfounded assumption. There's no reason to assume that either, since power isn't dependent on age (unless we want to assume Odin's abilities are purely physical, which is doubtful). The burden of proof is on you. That means he operates at full power unless you have proof he cant.

There's a reason the movies have kept him out of play in every major conflict. There's a reason all the Frost Giants stopped their onslaught the second he showed up. Odin is an implied powerhouse with the respect of the nine realms. If he was as weak as you claim, Asgard wouldn't have been protected for multiple millenia.

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by Arachnid1
You don't have evidence that Odin is less powerful than he was when he imprisoned Hela or defeated Surter either. That's a completely unfounded assumption. There's no reason to assume that either, since power isn't dependent on age (unless we want to assume Odin's abilities are purely physical, which is doubtful). The burden of proof is on you. That means he operates at full power unless you have proof he cant.

There's a reason the movies have kept him out of play in every major conflict. There's a reason all the Frost Giants stopped their onslaught the second he showed up. Odin is an implied powerhouse with the respect of the nine realms. If he was as weak as you claim, Asgard wouldn't have been protected for multiple millenia.

Arachnid, did you ignored or didn't saw my reply to your previous post. The one where you posted an image of Odin and Hela.

Everything is explained there, go and read it.

Read below.

Josh_Alexander
You know there is an enormous flaw in your statement right?

First of all, it's clear Odin still has his eye in that image.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J01AVlnHjeM

That image took place YEARS before Odin fought Laufey, the 9 realms were just conquered. Yet Odin was considerably younger in the wars between the Asgard and Jotunheim! Furthermore, Odin himself claimed they had a hard time defeating the Giants.

So it's clear that not only Odin was quite younger in his fight with Hela, but also that he was way more powerful...Remember that Odin did lost an eye against the Giants so, it's obvious he grew weaker.

Conclusion: Either Odin was way stronger in his youth or Hela was weaker, cause there is no way Frost Giants>>>Hela.

Josh_Alexander
I'm not surprised that you're dumb enough to not understand the difference between stating an opinion and making a claim.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Someone is pissed!!!

Don't worry Silent, we all forgive you for lying! But to be honest, i don't understand why you like lying since you are terrible at it.

laughing out loud

CPT Space Bomb
How is this EVEN A DEBATE. Odin had already beaten Hela by imprisoning her for over 1,500 years. She had NO POWER TO GET OUT UNTIL HE DIED. The fact people are debating this is hilarious to me.

All he has to do is imprison her again, i.e. BFR.

Silent Master
How is this EVEN A DEBATE. Odin had already beaten Hela by imprisoning her for over 1,500 years. She had NO POWER TO GET OUT UNTIL HE DIED. The fact people are debating this is hilarious to me.

All he has to do is imprison her again, i.e. BFR.

They haven't been debating for pages, They're too busy demanding I back up an opinion that has nothing to do with the outcome of this thread.

Essentially, they know Odin wins so they're trying to derail the thread.

Raptor22
They haven't been debating for pages, They're too busy demanding I back up an opinion that has nothing to do with the outcome of this thread.

Essentially, they know Odin wins so they're trying to derail the thread. don't be so salty. U said something u couldn't back up then tap danced around the issue. Now you're crying that asking u to back up a statement u made is derailing the thread and pretending it wasn't your little dance.

Back it up or let it go man.

Silent Master
Prove that I couldn't back it up.

Raptor22
Prove that I couldn't back it up. Keep dancing for me buddy.

Silent Master
In other words, you can't backup your claim.

Raptor22
In other words, you can't backup your claim. tap tap tappity tap tap. Look at u go, you're really in a groove now.

Silent Master
Back to the actual topic of the thread, Odin wins.

Josh_Alexander

Essentially, they know Odin wins so they're trying to derail the thread.

Lol. The ignorant boy and the lying boy team up! Why doesn't it surprise me!?

Prove Odin didn't want to kill her, or admit you lied!!!

Josh_Alexander
Prove that I couldn't back it up.

OMG!! Where did you back it? Bring the exact line of evidence please.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.