Dune (Denis Villeneuve)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Patient_Leech
Think he's been talking about this for a while, it's a passion project of his. It's a major win for sci-fi fans that such an amazing filmmaker wants to do it...

https://www.flickeringmyth.com/2018/05/denis-villeneuve-confirms-that-his-dune-adaptation-will-be-two-films/

BruceSkywalker
will wait until cast announcements are made

ares834
Really looking forward to this. Dune is a phenomenal book and Villeneuve is a great director so I'm expecting big things.

Patient_Leech
I hold Villeneuve in extremely high esteem. I saw Prisoners recently and it is one of the best movies ive ever seen, it is probably in my top 10 best films ever. Sicario is excellent, and same with Arrival. BR 2049 is great too, just too slow and emotionally distant for my taste, but that was obviously intended to match the original film.

I seriously think he's kind of a new Kubrick. He's that good.

So yeah, the fact that he wants to do a major sci fi book is awesome.

Bashar Teg
hopefully this time it will survive to production

playa1258
Dune is one of the best books ever but it will be a big challenge to adapt it right.

Khazra Reborn
Originally posted by playa1258
Dune is one of the best books ever but it will be a big challenge to adapt it right.

This. Even David Lynch couldn't do it justice.

carthage

playa1258
I think he is doing two of the films at least and honestly Dune needs an R-rating.

quanchi112
Hope it does well. More sci, fantasy the better.

ares834
Dune needs an R-rating.

Why?

Flyattractor
Originally posted by ares834
Why?

Cause Boobs and Bloods put Butts in Buckets?

playa1258
The Bene Gesserit use sex as a tool for their goals and the warfare portrayed is brutal with a death toll well into the billions.

ares834
The Bene Gesserit use sex as a tool for their goals and the warfare portrayed is brutal with a death toll well into the billions.

All the sex scenes in Dune are pretty irrelevant, cutting them or cutting away during them wouldn't matter. As for the death toll, who cares? Plenty of films have just as big death tolls but aren't 'R'.

playa1258
The budget will probably be too big for an R rating anyway.

Bashar Teg

sexual imprinting isn't even relevant until heretics if dune.

Robtard
Can't wait, Villeneuve is very talented; really enjoyed what eh did with Blade Runner most recently. Ideally it'd be three films.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.