Kurse VS Thanos H2H

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dareangel
this is thanos without isng his infinity stones. basically the way he was when he fought hulk. i will just remind that kurse in thor the dark world, easily overpowered and was destroying thor physically. what do you think?

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by Dareangel
this is thanos without isng his infinity stones. basically the way he was when he fought hulk. i will just remind that kurse in thor the dark world, easily overpowered and was destroying thor physically. what do you think?

Thanos all day long.

- Thanos is stronger
- Thanos is way a better fighter
- Thanos is way more expirienced
- Thanos is WAYYY more durable
- Thanos is way smarter

Thanos mega stomps.

FrothByte
Kurse beat up Thor faster and with more ease than Thanos beat Hulk. So probably Kurse but only by a slight majority. Thanos can has a good shot at winning too.

Arachnid1
Kurse. He's still the most impressive purely physical threat we've got in the MCU.

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by FrothByte
Kurse beat up Thor faster and with more ease than Thanos beat Hulk. So probably Kurse but only by a slight majority. Thanos can has a good shot at winning too.

Completely disagree.

Ragnarok Thor >>>>>>>> Dark World Thor.

Furthermore, Thor never used lightning attacks nor hammered Kurse.

Again:

Originally posted by Josh_Alexander
Thanos all day long.

- Thanos is stronger
- Thanos is way smarter

Thanos mega stomps.

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by Arachnid1
Kurse. He's still the most impressive purely physical threat we've got in the MCU.

Your opinion is respected, although unfounded.

FrothByte
Completely disagree.

Ragnarok Thor >>>>>>>> Dark World Thor.

Furthermore, Thor never used lightning attacks nor hammered Kurse.

Again:

Thor in Avenegers didn't use lightning against Hulk either and only hit Hulk with Mjolnir once, yet he was still matching Hulk.

Impediment
The only reason Hulk got stomped is because Thanos had the Power stone.

Josh_Alexander
Thor in Avenegers didn't use lightning against Hulk either and only hit Hulk with Mjolnir once, yet he was still matching Hulk.

He did hammer the hulk. Whereas Kurse never got hammered.

The only impressive feat Kurse got is deflecting a Returning Mjolnir! Nothing else.

Furthermore, Hulk is stronger than Kurse.

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by Impediment
The only reason Hulk got stomped is because Thanos had the Power stone.

Thanos never used the Power Stone against Hulk.

Impediment

Josh_Alexander

carthage
Leaning the Titan

CPT Space Bomb
Kurse. He's still the most impressive purely physical threat we've got in the MCU. Kurse ftw. We need to see more stuff from Thanos WITHOUT the stones before we can say otherwise.

Kurse swatted Mjolnir away like a gnat and proceeded to put the biggest pounding on Thor he's ever recieved (on screen at least)

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb

Kurse swatted Mjolnir away like a gnat and proceeded to put the biggest pounding on Thor he's ever recieved (on screen at least)

laughing out loud HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Ohh boy!! I guess you just entirely forgot Hela existed.

Josh_Alexander
Until proven otherwise:

Thanos all day long.

- Thanos is stronger
- Thanos is way smarter

Thanos mega stomps.

Single-Cell
Thanos wins without any trouble.

Single-Cell
People here are making stuffs up to defend a pathetic one dimensional character like Kurse that only have one fight scene.

Thanos never used power stone against Hulk.

Having the power stone doesn't increase strength that is never said in any movie , so people shouldn't lie.

Thanos is the most powerful being in the universe is gonna destroy a pathetic elf like Kurse.

Single-Cell

watch the movies first.

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by Single-Cell
People here are making stuffs up to defend a pathetic one dimensional character like Kurse that only have one fight scene.

Thanos never used power stone against Hulk.

Having the power stone doesn't increase strength that is never said in any movie , so people shouldn't lie.

Thanos is the most powerful being in the universe is gonna destroy a pathetic elf like Kurse.

Get used to it, it happens every time someone regarding Thor movies is concerned.

Kurse is so overestimated. I mean, going against Thanos seriously!!? Like did you watched the movies people!?

Single-Cell
Get used to it, it happens every time someone regarding Thor movies is concerned.

Kurse is so overestimated. I mean, going against Thanos seriously!!? Like did you watched the movies people!?

Thor had to build a new weapon to kill Thanos AND he didn't succeed , loki killed Kurse with a knife laughing

Josh_Alexander
Thor had to build a new weapon to kill Thanos AND he didn't succeed , loki killed Kurse with a knife laughing

Yeah. Yet Thanos was bouncing blades of his skin, bouncing explosions, getting direct and full force pounches from Iron Man.... Some people haven't watched IW.

CPT Space Bomb
Thor had to build a new weapon to kill Thanos AND he didn't succeed , loki killed Kurse with a knife laughing No, Loki killed Kurse with a "Black hole" grenade. It was the super maguffin op magic dark elf weapons they had.

Single-Cell
No, Loki killed Kurse with a "Black hole" grenade. It was the super maguffin op magic dark elf weapons they had.

Did that knife or sword or whatever went through kurses body or not ??

If it did then shows that kurse is not durable and is gonna get raped by Thanos in a fashion that is comparable to irreversible rape scene.

CPT Space Bomb
Did that knife or sword or whatever went through kurses body or not ??

If it did then shows that kurse is not durable and is gonna get raped by Thanos in a fashion that is comparable to irreversible rape scene. Or it could just be PIS (plot induced stupidity) just like The writers of IW saying that Stormbreaker is on par with a fully powered IG https://lrmonline.com/news/avengers-infinity-war-writers-on-how-powerful-stormbreaker-is/. It was bullshit that Loki was even able to pierce his skin for sure; but it didn't do any real damage as Kurse went on to immediately "kill"him afterwards.

FrothByte
Or it could just be PIS (plot induced stupidity) just like The writers of IW saying that Stormbreaker is on par with a fully powered IG https://lrmonline.com/news/avengers-infinity-war-writers-on-how-powerful-stormbreaker-is/. It was bullshit that Loki was even able to pierce his skin for sure; but it didn't do any real damage as Kurse went on to immediately "kill"him afterwards.

Or it might simply be that Loki is stronger than Nebula and an elven sword is stronger than Nebula's sword.

Josh_Alexander
Or it might simply be that Loki is stronger than Nebula and an elven sword is stronger than Nebula's sword.

It's called Thanos being more durable than Kurse.

h1a8
Until proven otherwise:

Thanos all day long.

- Thanos is stronger
- Thanos is way smarter

Thanos mega stomps.

Prove that Thanos is stronger. Prove that Thanos is more durable, especially knowing that I'm made him bleed.

Thanos is more skilled and smarter though.

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by h1a8
Prove that Thanos is stronger. Prove that Thanos is more durable, especially knowing that I'm made him bleed.

Thanos is more skilled and smarter though.

He defeated Hulk in seconds. Hulk is physically stronger than Kurse.

Kurse was freaking impaled by a sword!! Nebula's sword didn't even scratch Thanos. Futhermore, Thanos was shot without damage. Damn, Star Lord even attached an explosive to his back with 0 effect!!!

h1a8
He defeated Hulk in seconds. Hulk is physically stronger than Kurse.

Kurse was freaking impaled by a sword!! Nebula's sword didn't even scratch Thanos. Futhermore, Thanos was shot without damage. Damn, Star Lord even attached an explosive to his back with 0 effect!!!

Hulk is weaker than Kurse. Kurse beat down Thor far easier than Hulk did. Hulk basically did little to no damage to Thor in some hits. Kurse boulder feat is greater than any Hulk feat.

The sword was very durable. Isn't Asgardian metals more durable than mankind metal?

Thor hit Kurse without effect.
Kurse hit Mjolnir away without it hurting his hand.

quanchi112

Josh_Alexander
Hulk is weaker than Kurse. Kurse beat down Thor far easier than Hulk did. Hulk basically did little to no damage to Thor in some hits. Kurse boulder feat is greater than any Hulk feat.

The sword was very durable. Isn't Asgardian metals more durable than mankind metal?

Thor hit Kurse without effect.
Kurse hit Mjolnir away without it hurting his hand.

Thor never faced Kurse seriously. At least not the way he faced Hulk in the Helicarrier!

There is no way Kurse is one-punch stopping a Leviathan! Leviathan feat >>>> Boulder. Furthermore, Kurse struggled to throw the rock! Hulk never struggled with the Leviathan.

Eh.......The sword wasn't asgardian dude..... Mjolnir was returning to Thor! Thor never hammered Kurse.

h1a8
Thor never faced Kurse seriously. At least not the way he faced Hulk in the Helicarrier!

There is no way Kurse is one-punch stopping a Leviathan! Leviathan feat >>>> Boulder. Furthermore, Kurse struggled to throw the rock! Hulk never struggled with the Leviathan.

Eh.......The sword wasn't asgardian dude..... Mjolnir was returning to Thor! Thor never hammered Kurse.

Thor did fight Kurse seriously. Are you saying that Thor held back in his punches? Did Thor hold back his durability?

Hulk didn't one punch it. He basically stood there and braced against the concrete. The concrete did all the work. Plus Iron Man helped I'm the end (the creature's momentum still wasn't stopped). The total force was about 200tons. Hulk did a small fraction of that.

Prove that the sword wasn't alien in natural. Because if it was then you can't claim a specific durability to it.

Josh_Alexander
Thor did fight Kurse seriously. Are you saying that Thor held back in his punches? Did Thor hold back his durability?

Hulk didn't one punch it. He basically stood there and braced against the concrete. The concrete did all the work. Plus Iron Man helped I'm the end (the creature's momentum still wasn't stopped). The total force was about 200tons. Hulk did a small fraction of that.

Prove that the sword wasn't alien in natural. Because if it was then you can't claim a specific durability to it.

Thor never hammered Kurse. He never used Mjonir the way he used it with Hulk. He kept throwing Mjolnir away despite it being useless!! Thor underestimated Kurse.

Dude!!!! You do realize that Hulk was between the Leviathan and the Concrete!? For the force/energy to reach the concrete it had to pass through Hulk's body! Which means he was withstanding 200tons of force in ONE arm! Otherwise, Hulk's arm would have broken and he would have been smashed against the concrete.

I never said the sword wasn't Alien....Nebula's sword is also alien...I don't see your point.

Josh_Alexander
I just don't understand why people overestimate Kurse so much.

In a proper fight Thor should be able to defeat him. It's evident that Thor never fought him seriously, he clearly underestimated him.

Thor never hammered Kurse the way he hammered Hulk in the hellicarrier. Furthermore, Kurse got easily impaled by a sword!!! A proper hit from Mjolnir should be able to put down Kurse!

h1a8
Thor never hammered Kurse. He never used Mjonir the way he used it with Hulk. He kept throwing Mjolnir away despite it being useless!! Thor underestimated Kurse.

Dude!!!! You do realize that Hulk was between the Leviathan and the Concrete!? For the force/energy to reach the concrete it had to pass through Hulk's body! Which means he was withstanding 200tons of force in ONE arm! Otherwise, Hulk's arm would have broken and he would have been smashed against the concrete.

I never said the sword wasn't Alien....Nebula's sword is also alien...I don't see your point. Thor punched Hulk and rocked him good. Thor punch did nothing to Kurse.

Hulk's feet are durable. The force was transferred to his feet. The arm will only bend (not break) if Hulk didn't slide back.

The point is you can't claim a low showing without knowing the durability of the sword. We don't know it's durability. It can be as strong as adamantium for all we know. I can see if it was an Earth man made sword.

Josh_Alexander
Thor punched Hulk and rocked him good. Thor punch did nothing to Kurse.

Hulk's feet are durable. The force was transferred to his feet. The arm will only bend (not break) if Hulk didn't slide back.

The point is you can't claim a low showing without knowing the durability of the sword. We don't know it's durability. It can be as strong as adamantium for all we know. I can see if it was an Earth man made sword.

I never stated Hulk was a better fighter than Kurse. Damn, if Hulk knew how to fight, Thor would be doomed. If you pay keen attention to the fight between Kurse and Thor, you'll notice that Kurse is actually blocking the hits and not taking them.

Okay, so you admit that he did took the full force!? Cause he did man. And the feat isn't 200tons! Damn, a Blue whale weights 150tons, and the Leviathans are clearly atleast 3x bigger than a blue whale!

What? H1 BOTH swords are Alien. Kurse got impaled, whilst Thanos wasn't even scratched by Nebula's sword.

FrothByte
It's called Thanos being more durable than Kurse.

So you're saying Nebula is as strong as Loki?

Josh_Alexander
So you're saying Nebula is as strong as Loki?

And who said Loki struggled to impale Kurse? That's never shown.

Furthermore, Nebula has robotic arms, which makes her superstrong. Am not saying she is as strong as Loki, but strength doesn't really play much in this scenario.

Kurse was impaled by a relaxed Loki. Thanos wasn't even scratched after receiving a full blown from a raged Nebula.

The difference is clear.

FrothByte
And who said Loki struggled to impale Kurse? That's never shown.

Furthermore, Nebula has robotic arms, which makes her superstrong. Am not saying she is as strong as Loki, but strength doesn't really play much in this scenario.

Kurse was impaled by a relaxed Loki. Thanos wasn't even scratched after receiving a full blown from a raged Nebula.

The difference is clear.

Ok, few things to consider here.

1. Thrusting attacks penetrate way easier than slashing/cutting attacks.

2. Sttength is a huge factor in terms of the ability to cut or stab through something. Nebula doesn't have feats to prove she's on Loki's level.

3. The sword Loki used is a dark elf blade. Kurse is a dark elf, so it only makes that their own weapons can harm them.

h1a8
I never stated Hulk was a better fighter than Kurse. Damn, if Hulk knew how to fight, Thor would be doomed. If you pay keen attention to the fight between Kurse and Thor, you'll notice that Kurse is actually blocking the hits and not taking them.

Okay, so you admit that he did took the full force!? Cause he did man. And the feat isn't 200tons! Damn, a Blue whale weights 150tons, and the Leviathans are clearly atleast 3x bigger than a blue whale!

What? H1 BOTH swords are Alien. Kurse got impaled, whilst Thanos wasn't even scratched by Nebula's sword.

If the leviathan weighed 1000 tons (500 tons is closer to the truth) then it would take about 200 tons of force to stop it in the amount of time it was stopped in.

Nebula sword =/= Kurse sword necessarily. Plus Loki is stronger than Nebula going by feats. Plus Nebula did not try to stab Thanos. I believe she sliced at him.

Josh_Alexander
Ok, few things to consider here.

1. Thrusting attacks penetrate way easier than slashing/cutting attacks.

2. Sttength is a huge factor in terms of the ability to cut or stab through something. Nebula doesn't have feats to prove she's on Loki's level.

3. The sword Loki used is a dark elf blade. Kurse is a dark elf, so it only makes that their own weapons can harm them.

1. Thanos wasn't even scratched. Even if Thrusting and Slashing aren't equals, it's clear Thanos was unharmed whilst Kurse was fully penetrated.

The damage results are drastically different.

2. Would only matter if Loki put up a strength which Nebula couldn't replicate. Yet, Loki never struggled or is there evidence to claimed he applied inmense forces to penetrate Kurse.

It's like saying that if you can slice a piece of cake, a boy couldn't because you are stronger than the kid.

3. Bring evidence that the Dark Elf sword is the only one that can harm Kurse, cause there is none. Besides, that was a random, common sword from a Dark Elf soldier, not even a powerful blade.

I don't see a difference between Nebula's sword and Dark Elf soldier swords...besides that is, the owner...

Josh_Alexander
If the leviathan weighed 1000 tons (500 tons is closer to the truth) then it would take about 200 tons of force to stop it in the amount of time it was stopped in.

Nebula sword =/= Kurse sword necessarily. Plus Loki is stronger than Nebula going by feats. Plus Nebula did not try to stab Thanos. I believe she sliced at him.

So you are saying that if a 1ton car drives me over, am just receiving half the weight???? Whatt!!!!!!???????

They are both Alien swords. I don't see any important difference between the sword that impaled Kurse and the one Nebula had... Isn't like Kurse was impaled with Excalibur!

Even if you point is right!

Thor required a full force impact with STORMBREAKER to manage penetrate Thanos!!

It's even clear, after Thor lands, that SB isn't even fully inside Thanos, which results in Thor having to further push SB into Thanos!

SB >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Any sword.

Kurse would have been anhilated if in Thanos' shoes!!

h1a8
So you are saying that if a 1ton car drives me over, am just receiving half the weight???? Whatt!!!!!!???????

They are both Alien swords. I don't see any important difference between the sword that impaled Kurse and the one Nebula had... Isn't like Kurse was impaled with Excalibur!

Even if you point is right!

Thor required a full force impact with STORMBREAKER to manage penetrate Thanos!!

It's even clear, after Thor lands, that SB isn't even fully inside Thanos, which results in Thor having to further push SB into Thanos!

SB >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Any sword.

Kurse would have been anhilated if in Thanos' shoes!!

It takes about 100ton of force to stop 500ton in the amount of time the leviathan was stopped.

You can't say it was a low or high feat when we don't know the makeup of the sword. The same sword would have impaled Thanos. Tony was about to impale Thanos.

SB not going completely through Thanos can be looked at as a low showing for SB.

h1a8
If a random sword cuts someone with superhuman durability then it understood that the durability, sharpness, strength of thrust combination of the sword is sufficient to achieve that result.

Please stop trolling.

quanchi112
H1 and his silly imagination debating skills. Lol.

Josh_Alexander
It takes about 100ton of force to stop 500ton in the amount of time the leviathan was stopped.

Okay you realize you are mistaking Tonnage with Newtons right?

Tonnage is a measurement used for mass whilst Newtons is used for movement.

Hulk IS actually holding 500tons of weight in his hand PLUS the newtons of the moving beast.

Josh_Alexander
If a random sword cuts someone with superhuman durability then it understood that the durability, sharpness, strength of thrust combination of the sword is sufficient to achieve that result.

Please stop trolling.

WHATTTT!!?? Are you obmitting the fact that Storm Breaker is FARRRR more powerful than the sword that penetrated Kurse!!!?

DUDEEEE!!

H1!

Kurse was penetrated with a RANDOM, COMMON ALIEN SWORD!!

Thor required a Neutron Star forged AXE to PARTIALLY penetrate Thanos.

Furthermore, SB was actually throw by and enraged THOR who is far stronger than Loki!

It's pretty clear that Thanos is way more durable!!!

Josh_Alexander

SB not going completely through Thanos can be looked at as a low showing for SB.

If Stormbreaker couldn't fully penetrate Thanos then why should a COMMON, FEATLESS, REGULAR, NON-IMPORTANT, sword do any better!!!!??

It's pretty clear Thanos is more durable.

FrothByte
1. Thanos wasn't even scratched. Even if Thrusting and Slashing aren't equals, it's clear Thanos was unharmed whilst Kurse was fully penetrated.

The damage results are drastically different.

2. Would only matter if Loki put up a strength which Nebula couldn't replicate. Yet, Loki never struggled or is there evidence to claimed he applied inmense forces to penetrate Kurse.

It's like saying that if you can slice a piece of cake, a boy couldn't because you are stronger than the kid.

3. Bring evidence that the Dark Elf sword is the only one that can harm Kurse, cause there is none. Besides, that was a random, common sword from a Dark Elf soldier, not even a powerful blade.

I don't see a difference between Nebula's sword and Dark Elf soldier swords...besides that is, the owner...

1. You completely missed the point.

2. Please make sure you watch the scene before making any claims. We don't see how Loki stabbed Kurse. We just see the sword punch through Kurse's chest. For all we know Loki could have taken a running leap. So please shut your mouth about how Loki didn't put effort because that's pure assumption on your part.

3. So what you're saying is that a human made machete isn't going to be able to harm a UFC heavyweight just because it made for a farmer?

Josh_Alexander
1. You completely missed the point.

2. Please make sure you watch the scene before making any claims. We don't see how Loki stabbed Kurse. We just see the sword punch through Kurse's chest. For all we know Loki could have taken a running leap. So please shut your mouth about how Loki didn't put effort because that's pure assumption on your part.

3. So what you're saying is that a human made machete isn't going to be able to harm a UFC heavyweight just because it made for a farmer?

Forget about it! I am going with the heavy evidence. I thought i could use the light evidence to swade you into reason but it seems it won't.

SB>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Common sword.

SB at full force and sorrounded in lightning could only PARTIALLY penetrate Thanos!!!

Thanos >>> Kurse. It's clear.

Silent Master
You're leaving out the fact that Stormbreaker had just overpowered a blast from the completed Infinity Gauntlet.

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by Silent Master
You're leaving out the fact that Stormbreaker had just overpowered a blast from the completed Infinity Gauntlet.

So you are saying that common, random, featless, non-important, irrelevant, piece of crap sword can overpower a blast from the IG!!!!??????? ??????

Josh_Alexander
I am honestly about to lose my mind over this!!

Damn!!!!

Silent Master
So you are saying that common, random, featless, non-important, irrelevant, piece of crap sword can overpower a blast from the IG!!!!??????? ??????

That isn't even close to what I said, is strawmaning the only thing you know how to do?

Josh_Alexander
That isn't even close to what I said, is strawmaning the only thing you know how to do?

Am sorry Silent! I am just not thinking properly by now! The fact that people think a sword > SB or that Kurse has better durability than Thanos has gotten my nerves.

Josh_Alexander

What was your point then?

Silent Master
Am sorry Silent! I am just not thinking properly by now! The fact that people think a sword > SB or that Kurse has better durability than Thanos has gotten my nerves.

Not one single person in this entire thread has said that a sword was greater than Stormbreaker. You're strawmaning again.

h1a8
Okay you realize you are mistaking Tonnage with Newtons right?

Tonnage is a measurement used for mass whilst Newtons is used for movement.

Hulk IS actually holding 500tons of weight in his hand PLUS the newtons of the moving beast.

Lol omg. I posted the calculations multiple times. Where were you?

I converted everything into proper units.

Nibedicus
Best to take h1's math with a pinch of salt.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=652767&pagenumber=5#post16611407

Estacado
Thanos.

People d1ckride Kurse way too much.....

How is beating a hamerless Thor who is below the Ragnarok version impressive again?

Juk3n
Nvm. .

Josh_Alexander
Lol omg. I posted the calculations multiple times. Where were you?

I converted everything into proper units.

H1, I have multiple times demand you to bring me such calculations and you have never brought them.

Please do so.

FrothByte
Forget about it! I am going with the heavy evidence. I thought i could use the light evidence to swade you into reason but it seems it won't.

SB>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Common sword.

SB at full force and sorrounded in lightning could only PARTIALLY penetrate Thanos!!!

Thanos >>> Kurse. It's clear.

1. A long, pointed sword will always have an easier time penetrating deeper than a hack from an axe. This is just plain common sense.

2. SB was thrown from a distance whereas Kurse was stabbed point blank.

3. SB had to overcome a full blast from the IG before even hitting Thanos.

Your so-called "heavy evidence" is so stupid that it pretty much verges on troll-territory.

Josh_Alexander
1. A long, pointed sword will always have an easier time penetrating deeper than a hack from an axe. This is just plain common sense.

Your so-called "heavy evidence" is so stupid that it pretty much verges on troll-territory.

1. This is Stormbreaker against a common sword. Not a common axe against a common sword!

What the heck!

2. Stormbreaker was thrown by an enraged Thor. Loki didn't even struggled to impale Kurse.

Thor > Loki strengthwise.

Furthermore, SB was surrounded in lightning. An explosion could even be noticed when it hit Thanos!

3. A laser or energy attack has no mass. Which means objects don't get decelerated or stopped by such.

It's OBVIOUS that Thanos is more durable. EVEN A KID COULD SEE IT

FrothByte
1. This is Stormbreaker against a common sword. Not a common axe against a common sword!

What the heck!

2. Stormbreaker was thrown by an enraged Thor. Loki didn't even struggled to impale Kurse.

Thor > Loki strengthwise.

Furthermore, SB was surrounded in lightning. An explosion could even be noticed when it hit Thanos!

3. A laser or energy attack has no mass. Which means objects don't get decelerated or stopped by such.

It's OBVIOUS that Thanos is more durable. EVEN A KID COULD SEE IT

1. OK little boy, let me explain this to you real slow so you can understand. SB has a wide blade that's only several inches long in depth before it becomes a bulbous head. Once that blade penetrates it will only penetrate that few inches till the bulbous axe head acts as a stopper, unless the target is extremely not durable.

The sword blade was a few FEET long. Sharp and pointed with no bulbous protrusion to act as a stopper.

2. Again, there's no proof that Loki didn't struggle. We don't see how Loki plunged that sword since he was hidden in the scene. Please stop making things up.

3. So then why does Thor get knocked back by IM's repulsor blasts? Why did Thor's lightning slam Thanos on his face? Why did Loki's scepter blast knock him off his feet when Cap redirected it at him?

Josh_Alexander
1. OK little boy, let me explain this to you real slow so you can understand. SB has a wide blade that's only several inches long in depth before it becomes a bulbous head. Once that blade penetrates it will only penetrate that few inches till the bulbous axe head acts as a stopper, unless the target is extremely not durable.

The sword blade was a few FEET long. Sharp and pointed with no bulbous protrusion to act as a stopper.

2. Again, there's no proof that Loki didn't struggle. We don't see how Loki plunged that sword since he was hidden in the scene. Please stop making things up.

3. So then why does Thor get knocked back by IM's repulsor blasts? Why did Thor's lightning slam Thanos on his face? Why did Loki's scepter blast knock him off his feet when Cap redirected it at him?

1. OMG you are actually comparing a common sword with Stormbreaker!! Your bias has grown inmensely Froth!

I know that a pointy edge is better penetrating than a bigger surface one.

Yet you are forgetting that 1. Stormbreaker is moving at insanely high speeds 2. Stormbreaker is sorrounded in Electricity. 3. Stormbreaker is being thrown by Thor whose strength >>>>>>>>>>>>> Loki!!

2. Bring evidence that Loki struggled. Cause i never heard him moan or even complain on the difficulty of the task.

All i saw was a sword crossing Kurse with 0 difficulty.

3. Lightning is flow of electrons. Electrons do possess mass.

Lasers dont. They do push objects but it's effect is almost none.

The things you mention are just Sci-Fi, not real. Blasters shouldn't be pushing people away. And we don't have feats for IG's blast.

Again, SB feat >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Sword feat

Get over it Froth. Damn you are beginning to sound stupid.

FrothByte
1. OMG you are actually comparing a common sword with Stormbreaker!! Your bias has grown inmensely Froth!

I know that a pointy edge is better penetrating than a bigger surface one.

Yet you are forgetting that 1. Stormbreaker is moving at insanely high speeds 2. Stormbreaker is sorrounded in Electricity. 3. Stormbreaker is being thrown by Thor whose strength >>>>>>>>>>>>> Loki!!

2. Bring evidence that Loki struggled. Cause i never heard him moan or even complain on the difficulty of the task.

All i saw was a sword crossing Kurse with 0 difficulty.

3. Lightning is flow of electrons. Electrons do possess mass.

Lasers dont. They do push objects but it's effect is almost none.

The things you mention are just Sci-Fi, not real. Blasters shouldn't be pushing people away. And we don't have feats for IG's blast.

Again, SB feat >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Sword feat

Get over it Froth. Damn you are beginning to sound stupid.

1. Electricity doesn't help in penetration capabilities. For all the powers that SB has, I don't recall SB having the power to cut and stab even with it's blunt head.

2. Nuh uh, this is not how proof works. You're the one who claimed Loki didn't struggle, therefore you need to prove it. I never claimed whether he struggled or didn't struggle, I'm saying we don't know. So if you want to claim he didn't struggle then prove it.

3. Again, why did IM's repulsor blasts knock Thor off his feet?

Josh_Alexander
1. Electricity doesn't help in penetration capabilities. For all the powers that SB has, I don't recall SB having the power to cut and stab even with it's blunt head.

2. Nuh uh, this is not how proof works. You're the one who claimed Loki didn't struggle, therefore you need to prove it. I never claimed whether he struggled or didn't struggle, I'm saying we don't know. So if you want to claim he didn't struggle then prove it.

3. Again, why did IM's repulsor blasts knock Thor off his feet?

1. A lightning can burst open concrete!

Stormbreaker is moving faster, at greater force, and sorrounded in electricity which results in an explosion.

Stop being biased.

2. Watch the scene. No signs of struggle. Pretty clear.

3. It's called PIS.

FrothByte
1. A lightning can burst open concrete!

Stormbreaker is moving faster, at greater force, and sorrounded in electricity which results in an explosion.

Stop being biased.

2. Watch the scene. No signs of struggle. Pretty clear.

3. It's called PIS.

1. So you're basically claiming that SB has the power to cut and stab through things even with its blunt head?

2. I watched the scene. We don't even see Loki as the sword punches through. So again, please show your proof that he wasn't struggling.

3. No, it's called consistency. Pretty much every single energy attack we've seen in the MCU carries a certain amount of physical force. From Destroyer's eyebeams throwing around cars to Cap getting knocked down from a Chitauti laser to Thor getting thrown back by IM's repulsors. So if you want to claim otherwise burden of proof is on you.

Josh_Alexander
1. So you're basically claiming that SB has the power to cut and stab through things even with its blunt head?

2. I watched the scene. We don't even see Loki as the sword punches through. So again, please show your proof that he wasn't struggling.

3. No, it's called consistency. Pretty much every single energy attack we've seen in the MCU carries a certain amount of physical force. From Destroyer's eyebeams throwing around cars to Cap getting knocked down from a Chitauti laser to Thor getting thrown back by IM's repulsors. So if you want to claim otherwise burden of proof is on you.

1. Bring evidence the edge is blunt.

Well it was able to impale Thanos who had already bounced Nebula's swords and explosions.

2. He wasn't shown because it was irrelevant for the scene. The sword went clean thorugh with 0 problems. If you want to claim there was a struggle, PROVE IT.

3. Even if you are right. Stormbreaker was moving at fast and strong. The Beam wasn't decelerating it.

And again Stormbreaker >>>> Common sword

Unless you can prove that common sword > Stomrbreaker, you will pretty much be losing this debate one way or another

FrothByte
1. Bring evidence the edge is blunt.

Well it was able to impale Thanos who had already bounced Nebula's swords and explosions.

2. He wasn't shown because it was irrelevant for the scene. The sword went clean thorugh with 0 problems. If you want to claim there was a struggle, PROVE IT.

3. Even if you are right. Stormbreaker was moving at fast and strong. The Beam wasn't decelerating it.

And again Stormbreaker >>>> Common sword

Unless you can prove that common sword > Stomrbreaker, you will pretty much be losing this debate one way or another

1. Dude, SB has one sharp edge and one blunt edge at the opposite end. Are you claiming the entire head of SB is sharp all over?

2. No, I never claimed he struggled. I'm saying there's no way to know because we don't see Loki. So if you want to claim he didn't struggle then please provide proof. Saying "because you can't prove otherwise" is not proof.

3. Again, baseless supposition on your part. The fact that energy blasts have shown physical force means that SB still needed to overcome the IG blast BEFORE it hit Thanos.

Josh_Alexander
1. Dude, SB has one sharp edge and one blunt edge at the opposite end. Are you claiming the entire head of SB is sharp all over?

2. No, I never claimed he struggled. I'm saying there's no way to know because we don't see Loki. So if you want to claim he didn't struggle then please provide proof. Saying "because you can't prove otherwise" is not proof.

3. Again, baseless supposition on your part. The fact that energy blasts have shown physical force means that SB still needed to overcome the IG blast BEFORE it hit Thanos.

1. What does that matter? It's pretty clear that the sharp edge wasn't fully inside. Thor had to further push SB inside Thanos.

It's pretty clear in the scene.

2. So if you aren't claiming Loki struggled what is the point then!?

Thor is stronger than Loki one way or another. And you don't even know if Loki used his full strength to penetrate Kurse.

3. Even if you manage to prove SB was slowing down (which it wasn't) it proves nothing.

SB>Sword. It was still moving fast when it hit Thanos. Still better than Loki casually penetrating Kurse.

FrothByte
1. What does that matter? It's pretty clear that the sharp edge wasn't fully inside. Thor had to further push SB inside Thanos.

It's pretty clear in the scene.

2. So if you aren't claiming Loki struggled what is the point then!?

Thor is stronger than Loki one way or another. And you don't even know if Loki used his full strength to penetrate Kurse.

3. Even if you manage to prove SB was slowing down (which it wasn't) it proves nothing.

SB>Sword. It was still moving fast when it hit Thanos. Still better than Loki casually penetrating Kurse.

1. The entire sharp edge was inside Thanos. It was the blunt parts that were still sticking out.

2. I'm making a point that you're making stuff up that you can't back up. If you can't back it up then stop saying Loki didn't struggle.

3. See point #2. Stop making stuff up.

Josh_Alexander
1. The entire sharp edge was inside Thanos. It was the blunt parts that were still sticking out.

2. I'm making a point that you're making stuff up that you can't back up. If you can't back it up then stop saying Loki didn't struggle.

3. See point #2. Stop making stuff up.

1. No it wasn't. Thor further pushed it. The scene is very explicit.

2. One way or another Thor is stronger. Point is irrelevant.

3. SB >> Sword, stop making stuff up.

Silent Master

Good points.

Single-Cell
saying that elf sword that went through kurse body was powerful is stupid , there is no indication in the thor movie to suggest that.
it was just a pathetic sword on the ground , Thanos is stronger , more durable , WAAAAAAY smarter and much more skillful so he is gonna stomp kurse , to say otherwise is either because of stupidity or because of some weird love for a pathetic character like kurse.

Josh_Alexander
saying that elf sword that went through kurse body was powerful is stupid , there is no indication in the thor movie to suggest that.
it was just a pathetic sword on the ground , Thanos is stronger , more durable , WAAAAAAY smarter and much more skillful so he is gonna stomp kurse , to say otherwise is either because of stupidity or because of some weird love for a pathetic character like kurse.

It's surprising that Froth is actually debating on Sword>SB. That is the last thing i thought i would hear.

Silent Master
That isn't what Froth is arguing, you're just strawmanning again.

Single-Cell
It's surprising that Froth is actually debating on Sword>SB. That is the last thing i thought i would hear.

That stupid sword > Storm breaker laughing

Josh_Alexander
That isn't what Froth is arguing, you're just strawmanning again.

Yes it is, he is claiming that the sword is better penetrating than SB.

Josh_Alexander
That stupid sword > Storm breaker laughing

stupidity.

Single-Cell
Kurse only had one fight scene , we never see kurse to be hit by missiles , alien guns , hulk fists and ... like thanos did.

even thor didn't hit him , he just went there like a headless chicken and got beaten like an amatur.

So kurse hasn't shown anything to suggest he is anywhere near thanos level

Josh_Alexander
Kurse only had one fight scene , we never see kurse to be hit by missiles , alien guns , hulk fists and ... like thanos did.

even thor didn't hit him , he just went there like a headless chicken and got beaten like an amatur.

So kurse hasn't shown anything to suggest he is anywhere near thanos level

He was never hammered with Mjolnir. Not once! He is overrated.

Silent Master
He was never hammered with Mjolnir. Not once! He is overrated.

Originally posted by Nibedicus
He did once, actually. Although it is more of a grazing hit (or it deflected off Kurse's armored back, hard to tell).

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f102/t653405.html

(1:39)

Josh_Alexander

That isn't hammering, that is 'boomerang-ing'.

Silent Master
LOL!!!

FrothByte
Anyone else think that maybe Single-cell is Josh's sock account? Newly created account who will always post on threads Josh is already posting on, always backing up what Josh says?

Josh_Alexander
Anyone else think that maybe Single-cell is Josh's sock account? Newly created account who will always post on threads Josh is already posting on, always backing up what Josh says?

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! OMG!!!

Like if i need a fake account to support me. My evidence and unbias is all i need believe me!!!

And in that case, SilentMaster and Darth Thor would be your fake accounts then, you JACKASS!

Josh_Alexander
Single-Cell my fake account. Please!!!! Just because not everyone agree with your biased opinion doesn't mean am them Froth!

Single-Cell

What the f are you talking about ?? so you think everyone who disagrees with you here are the same person so you can feed your delusion that you are right and kurse is gonna win !!

FrothByte
What the f are you talking about ?? so you think everyone who disagrees with you here are the same person so you can feed your delusion that you are right and kurse is gonna win !!

See? You two even said almost the same thing.

Silent Master

Nah, he's just a run of the mill sock. might be TI.

Josh_Alexander
See? You two even said almost the same thing.

Why would I want to make a fake account!? I've never required others to help me debate you, WTH!?

Just because Single-Cell agrees with me in THIS THREAD (cause he has disagreed with me in other threads) doesn't mean he is my fake acc.

Furthermore, Quanchi also agreed with me, doesn't mean he is my fake. Carthage also leaned towards the Titan.

Single-Cell
I rest my case here , Kurse beat down a thor that because of some stupid reason didn't fight the way he should have , then a sword went through his body and showed that he is vulnerable to a garbage metallic elf sword.

In avengers 1 hulk was playing with Thor like a doll until airplane distracted him.

In Thor ragnarok Hulk was beating thor until thor used electricity.

So if there is a fight between Hulk and Kurse that would be hard to decide.

BUT thanos beat hulk in matter of seconds in a way that hulk was too scared to come back again.

THUS Thanos is gonna destroy Kurse.

Single-Cell
Why would I want to make a fake account!? I've never required others to help me debate you, WTH!?

Just because Single-Cell agrees with me in THIS THREAD (cause he has disagreed with me in other threads) doesn't mean he is my fake acc.

Furthermore, Quanchi also agreed with me, doesn't mean he is my fake. Carthage also leaned towards the Titan.

I don't think they understand how debates work.

FrothByte

In avengers 1 hulk was playing with Thor like a doll until airplane distracted him.

In Thor ragnarok Hulk was beating thor until thor used electricity.

It's normally smarter to make sure you watched a movie first before trying to debate about it. You obviously haven't watched these scenes that you're talking about.

Arachnid1
Anyone else think that maybe Single-cell is Josh's sock account? Newly created account who will always post on threads Josh is already posting on, always backing up what Josh says? Personally, I think it's that Nononono/Dex guy who got banned a while back. Someone just needs to make a Metal Gear vs thread to confirm it.

Josh originally seemed to be similar to Quan but they have different styles of posting, even if their opinions seem to line up an awful lot.

Josh_Alexander

Josh originally seemed to be similar to Quan but they have different styles of posting, even if their opinions seem to line up an awful lot.

Thanks!!!!....Wait...Was that a compliment or an offense!?....MANNN!!!!!!

Arachnid1
shifty

Josh_Alexander
shifty

??

We do concide with many things, but we also disagree on many others.

We even had a big dispute when Snoke was the thing here in KMC and when TLJ was concerned.

Quincy
That dude's name was Kurse?

quanchi112
Algrim but later Kurse.

h1a8
H1, I have multiple times demand you to bring me such calculations and you have never brought them.

Please do so.

How much force does it take to stop a 500ton object moving at 20m/s in 10 seconds?
Force = change in momentum/ change in time
= (500ton * 20m/s) /(10s)
= (453592.5kg * 20m/s) /(10s)
= 9.07e5 N
= 102 tons of force

If it takes 102tons of force to stop then it takes 102 tons to get it moving at that speed in that amount of time. So this is 204 tons of force total.

So assuming Hulk wasn't bracing (allowing the concrete to supply the pushing or stopping force) then its a 204 ton feat at the most.

But the reality is that the concrete was supplying the majority of the stopping force as Hulk's arm was extended through the majority of the feat (he did give a little push here and there though). So the feat is significantly less than 204 tons.

Nibedicus
This is a complete oversimplification of what occurred in the Leviathan punch and you are missing a very important factor in your computations.

The deceleration wasn't a constant in that scenario. It wasn't a slow constant push, but a sudden deceleration (via a punch), spreading it over a constant within 10 seconds is factually wrong.

The sudden deceleration occured exactly 1:17-1:18 wheras the Leviathan was moving at 20 m/s (your numbers not mine) and suddenly slowed to (based on Hulk's starting distance and distance traveled from 1:18-1:28) around 1 m/s.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzvSM5nTi0s
Actually, reviewing the video and running it over and over again, (using the signpost and car as frames of reference @ 1:19-1:20) it looks closer to about 4m/s within the first 2 seconds then drops off to 1m/s @ 1:20 and beyond.

Basis: Car is about 5m in length. Hulk started at 1m behind car and street sign was around 1 car length @ 1:18 and ended at around a little less than 2 car lengths @ 1:20 behind the sign. Speed drastically drops off at 1:20 til full stop while the Leviathan's tail gets whipped into the air. This is the low end.

If we use Hulk as the basis (who is around 2.5 meters in height, according to some numbers), the lamp post is about under 3 hulk distance, 2.8 it looks like from the lamp post. Seems to be a discrepancy of about 33% give or take.

Have been trying to get the right velocity of the Leviathan. Funny enough the 20 m/s guesstimatge isn't so far off.

At exactly 0:59, Iron Man was chased by the Leviathan down a street and crossed (what looks like) about 6 car lengths (30m) from 0:59-1:00.

So a range from 20-30 m/s is as close as I can get it from the video.

So ending velocity of 4-6m/s from 20m/s-30m/s.

Edit. From the top view @ 1:22 it actually looks like 1 (so 4-5m not 6) car's distance is the more accurate measurement based on Hulk's position relative to the street sign.

Silent Master
The fact that H1 believes the ground is supplying force should completely end the debate in regards to his intelligence level.

FrothByte
The fact that H1 believes the ground is supplying force should completely end the debate in regards to his intelligence level.

It's interesting to watch H1 and Josh debate.

The Spectre+

yeah its like a movie, i should get some popcorn&drinks eek!

Josh_Alexander
How much force does it take to stop a 500ton object moving at 20m/s in 10 seconds?
= 9.07e5 N
= 102 tons of force

If it takes 102tons of force to stop then it takes 102 tons to get it moving at that speed in that amount of time. So this is 204 tons of force total.

So assuming Hulk wasn't bracing (allowing the concrete to supply the pushing or stopping force) then its a 204 ton feat at the most.

But the reality is that the concrete was supplying the majority of the stopping force as Hulk's arm was extended through the majority of the feat (he did give a little push here and there though). So the feat is significantly less than 204 tons.

I already reply to your calculations in the Hulk vs Superman thread.

Josh_Alexander

We've debated several times already.

Originally posted by The Spectre+
yeah its like a movie, i should get some popcorn&drinks eek!

Very funny, very funny!

Josh_Alexander
Either way, Thanos wins without a problem. Kurse doesn't have what it takes.

Josh_Alexander
= 9.07e5 N
= 102 tons of force

This is how you should have done it H1. Since you forgot to add Deceleration into the formula:

Okay I will show you how it's done H1.

First of all you clearly forgot about deceleration which plays an important role here.

Force Formula: F = m * a where Force = mass * acceleration

Now we need to find acceleration therefore we use the formula:

Vf^2 = Vi2 + 2AX where Vf = Final Velocity , Vi= Initial Velocity, A = Acceleration and X = distance

We know that Vf = 0 because the leviathan stopped. Vi= 20m/s and distance = 8m (If you look at the scene, you'll notice that the Leviathan stopped very quickly. At a distance of approx 8m.)

If we manipulate the formula you end up with:

A = /
A = /
A = -25m/s2

*Note that we have a negative value for Acceleration which translates into deceleration**

Now we substitute into the formula for Force:

F = m * a
F = 907185kg * -25m/s2
F = -22679625 Newtons

The negative means that you require 22679625 newtons to stop such an object.

22679625 Newtons = 2312678.12 Kg or 2549.29 Tons

Hulk applied 2500 tons of strength in one arm to stop 1000 ton Leviathan moving at 20m/s over 8 meters.

Damn long time i don't do physics laughing out loud

h1a8
This is how you should have done it H1. Since you forgot to add Deceleration into the formula:

Wrong! It took 10 seconds to stop the Leviathan. Just look at the screen with timestamps. That makes the acceleration - 2m/s^2 (not - 25m/s^2). An acceleration of - 25m/s^2 would give a stopping distance over 1250m.

And Hulk didn't supply the majority of the force, it was the concrete.

Josh_Alexander
Wrong! It took 10 seconds to stop the Leviathan. Just look at the screen with timestamps. That makes the acceleration - 2m/s^2 (not - 25m/s^2)

And Hulk didn't supply the majority of the force, it was the concrete.

We are given the distance the leviathan took to stop. The timing is irrelevant for it could be PIS or the movie just wanted to emphasize on the scene.

Besides, that's a more accurate way of finding the deceleration.

Nibedicus
This is a complete oversimplification of what occurred in the Leviathan punch and you are missing a very important factor in your computations.

The deceleration wasn't a constant in that scenario. It wasn't a slow constant push, but a sudden deceleration (via a punch), spreading it over a constant within 10 seconds is factually wrong.

The sudden deceleration occured exactly 1:17-1:18 wheras the Leviathan was moving at 20 m/s (your numbers not mine) and suddenly slowed to (based on Hulk's starting distance and distance traveled from 1:18-1:28) around 1 m/s.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzvSM5nTi0s

Actually, reviewing the video and running it over and over again, (using the signpost and car as frames of reference @ 1:19-1:20) it looks closer to about 4m/s within the first 2 seconds then drops off to 1m/s @ 1:20 and beyond.

Basis: Car is about 5m in length. Hulk started at 1m behind car and street sign was around 1 car length @ 1:18 and ended at around a little less than 2 car lengths @ 1:20 behind the sign. Speed drastically drops off at 1:20 til full stop while the Leviathan's tail gets whipped into the air. This is the low end.

If we use Hulk as the basis (who is around 2.5 meters in height, according to some numbers), the lamp post is about under 3 hulk distance, 2.8 it looks like from the lamp post. Seems to be a discrepancy of about 33% give or take.

Have been trying to get the right velocity of the Leviathan. Funny enough the 20 m/s guesstimatge isn't so far off.

At exactly 0:59, Iron Man was chased by the Leviathan down a street and crossed (what looks like) about 6 car lengths (30m) from 0:59-1:00.

So a range from 20-30 m/s is as close as I can get it from the video.

So ending velocity of 4-6m/s from 20m/s-30m/s.

Edit. From the top view @ 1:22 it actually looks like 1 (so 4-5m not 6) car's distance is the more accurate measurement based on Hulk's position relative to the street sign.

Josh_Alexander

Yeah. Do you think my calculations are correct? I think they are.

Josh_Alexander

Furthermore it would make perfect sense.

For if you plug your numbers into H1's equation:

F= /1s
F = 2000Tons approx.

Pretty much similar to the result of my equation.

Furthermore, i think the Leviathan was moving 35m/s and not 20m/s.

Nibedicus

Josh_Alexander

Nibedicus
If you count the time from which the Leviathan appeared to where the Hulk hit it and devide the approx. desitance its definetly above 20.

Hard to get that done without getting the address where they shot it then comparing buildings to get start/end point.

Easiest way is to check the Iron Man chase where the Leviathan crossed around 6 or so car lengths (close to 30m) in one second.

h1a8
We are given the distance the leviathan took to stop. The timing is irrelevant for it could be PIS or the movie just wanted to emphasize on the scene.

Besides, that's a more accurate way of finding the deceleration.
The time it took to stop is valid as we see nearly the entire sequence. Basically the leviathan was going slower than 20m/s.

A few things.
1. The leviathan wasn't completely stopped.
2. The initial punch did almost nothing to stop the momentum.
3. Hulk braced and used the concrete as an anchor to slow down the leviathan

Nibedicus
The time it took to stop is valid as we see nearly the entire sequence. Basically the leviathan was going slower than 20m/s.

A few things.

Are you just intentionally ignoring my post or just intentionally acting stupid or something?

quanchi112
laughing out loud

Silent Master
Are you just intentionally ignoring my post or just intentionally acting stupid or something?

Let's put it this way, The guy claimed it was the ground that provided the force for Hulk's feat.

Does that answer your question?

Josh_Alexander

A few things.

1. He stopped moving forward.
2. That's why i said it took 8m to stop
3. The concrete was being destroyed under Hulk's feet!!! And Hulk was still between both object, which therefore means, the force had to pass through his body.

Mathematically and Physically that's a 2500Ton punch H1. I already proved it.

And time is answered by Nibedicus before. I would personally not use time for it can be PIS or movie effects.

h1a8
Hard to get that done without getting the address where they shot it then comparing buildings to get start/end point.

Easiest way is to check the Iron Man chase where the Leviathan crossed around 6 or so car lengths (close to 30m) in one second.

The speed at the time Hulk hit it is unknown.

We know the distance it took and the time it took.
That's enough to calculate the acceleration.

Nibedicus
The speed at the time Hulk hit it is unknown.

We know the distance it took and the time it took.
That's enough to calculate the acceleration.

Read what I wrote. I used your the numbers you provided, you dishonest nimrod (20 m/s).

I quantified the speed from 1:17-1:18 as compared to 1:19+. The sudden change of speed occurred from 1:17-1:8 as I quantified speeds past 1:19+. There is no denying this.

h1a8
Read what I wrote. I used your the numbers you provided, you dishonest nimrod (20 m/s).

I quantified the speed from 1:17-1:18 as compared to 1:19+. The sudden change of speed occurred from 1:17-1:8 as I quantified speeds past 1:19+. There is no denying this.

It's possible that leviathan changed speeds as Hulk approached him (it could be slowing down in order to engage Hulk).

What is known trumps what is unknown.
Time and distance is known.
Everything else is speculation.

Nibedicus

quanchi112

h1a8
@nibedicus
The velocity I gave does not gel with the distance and time. It contradicts them.

I used speed and time to calculate acceleration.
Josh used distance and velocity to calculate acceleration (which is a valid way too). He kept arguing 8m. So I plugged in the speed and time and found distance to be way off. So I thought and realized that the speed is wrong (time is shown and thus is not wrong).

Josh_Alexander
@nibedicus
The velocity I gave does not gel with the distance and time. It contradicts them.

I used speed and time to calculate acceleration.
Josh used distance and velocity to calculate acceleration (which is a valid way too). He kept arguing 8m. So I plugged in the speed and time and found distance to be way off. So I thought and realized that the speed is wrong (time is shown and thus is not wrong).

Or time is wrong...You relalize this is a movie right H1? The scene could have been slowed or modified in order to emphasize it or enhance it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amVfFRNmDE4

The punch takes place at minute 0:52 and Hulk stops moving at minute 0:57-0:58. Which is 5-6s in contrast to the 10s you initially claimed.

h1a8
Or time is wrong...You relalize this is a movie right H1? The scene could have been slowed or modified in order to emphasize it or enhance it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amVfFRNmDE4

The punch takes place at minute 0:52 and Hulk stops moving at minute 0:57-0:58. Which is 5-6s in contrast to the 10s you initially claimed.

Time can't be wrong since time is used to calculate speed. If you discredit time then you must discredit speed too (although we can only speculate speed at the time of impact).
The leviathan does not stop moving until Iron man blasts it at 1:02

Josh_Alexander
Time can't be wrong since time is used to calculate speed. If you discredit time then you must discredit speed too (although we can only speculate speed at the time of impact).
The leviathan does not stop moving until Iron man blasts it at 1:02

In a real world you are right, in a movie anything is possible. The distance is clearly given. The time of the scene could have been manipulated to make it more impressive for the audience.

And again it's 5-6s not 10.

The leviathan never stopped moving on a WHOLE. However we are talking about linear motion here (direction). The leviathan stopped moving forward, and as a result of Hulk's intereference his body had to move upwards arround the opposite force.

h1a8
In a real world you are right, in a movie anything is possible. The distance is clearly given. The time of the scene could have been manipulated to make it more impressive for the audience.

And again it's 5-6s not 10.

The leviathan never stopped moving on a WHOLE. However we are talking about linear motion here (direction). The leviathan stopped moving forward, and as a result of Hulk's intereference his body had to move upwards arround the opposite force.

Linear momentum became angular momentum.
Hence the Leviathan didn't stop until 1:02

Nibedicus
Josh, don't even bother talking to that kid.

You can spend 20 pages disproving his calculation, but when you do, he'll just simply come up with a new one (and without even taking a breath, crap on the same equation that he was touting as gospel the whole time prior) and it'll be your job to disprove it again.

He's already admitted that he has no faith in his math. So we can now simply laugh at him every time he brings it up.

Josh_Alexander
Linear momentum became angular momentum.
Hence the Leviathan didn't stop until 1:02

If I throw a ball at a wall and it bounces, does it mean the wall didn't have enough strength to stop the ball just because the ball didn't stop moving??

Reconsider your words H1!

You can spend 20 pages disproving his calculation, but when you do, he'll just simply come up with a new one (and without even taking a breath, crap on the same equation that he was touting as gospel the whole time prior) and it'll be your job to disprove it again.

He's already admitted that he has no faith in his math. So we can now simply laugh at him every time he brings it up.

He is really stubborn isn't he?

Challenge him to the BZ. Remove the '6 months' condition so he doesn't have an excuse. wink

Nibedicus

h1a8

Feel free to critique the calculations.
Which parts do you disagree with?
Let's discuss it instead of the flaming talk.

Nibedicus
Feel free to critique the calculations.
Which parts do you disagree with?
Let's discuss it instead of the flaming talk.

I would if you would debate with any kind of honesty, but seeing how quickly you shift the goalposts, life, obfuscate and use double standards, I would rather meet you in an arena where there would be a decisive conclusion.

Because people have lives and would better spend their time not arguing in a circle with dishonest weasels.

quanchi112

h1a8
I would if you would debate with any kind of honesty, but seeing how quickly you shift the goalposts, life, obfuscate and use double standards, I would rather meet you in an arena where there would be a decisive conclusion.

Because people have lives and would better spend their time not arguing in a circle with dishonest weasels.

When it come to calculations then I'm objective. I just accepted Nevan's calculations (even told him that the amount is higher and good job). I'm a fan of correct work.

Math does not lie. I'll keep an open mind to any criticism in the calculation and be willing to explain my reasoning.

quanchi112

Nibedicus
When it come to calculations then I'm objective. I just accepted Nevan's calculations (even told him that the amount is higher and good job). I'm a fan of correct work.

Math does not lie. I'll keep an open mind to any criticism in the calculation and be willing to explain my reasoning.

Then accept the BZ, what are you afraid of?

h1a8
Then accept the BZ, what are you afraid of?

Because I don't gamble.
I'll do it for fun though.

Battlezone has nothing to do with the overall calculations. Do you have a problem with mine? If so then where?

quanchi112
Because I don't gamble.

Battlezone has nothing to do with the overall calculations. Do you have a problem with mine? If so then where? Then you accept.

h1a8
Originally posted by quanchi112
Then you accept.

Of course. But not for a penalty.

Nibedicus
Because I don't gamble.

Dude. Just accept it.

Ok, how about this: one month. Not 6.

That HAS to be acceptable.

quanchi112
Of course. But not for a penalty. Why not?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.